**The Official PJ 20 Mustache Movement[UPDATE]**

Comments

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Heisenberg wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    CCFAWI added us to their facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/CCFAWI

I thought those of you on FB you might want to swing by and say thanks, friend them, or whatever it is you are supposed to do on FB. The poor CCFA have no idea what they are getting into :lol:

I was just going to post this...you beat me to hit Heis! :D

Sorry. FB is your department. From now on I shall defer

No problem! I was just excited to spread the news! :D:D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Posts: 1,080
    …and now for…

The OPJ20MM featured mustache of the day for 8/1 is:

Jimi Hendrix

25an15g.jpg

You can learn more about this influential and iconic mustache at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimi_Hendrix
    …and now for…

Jimi Hendrix

25an15g.jpg

Beautiful! You know if Jimi was still with us, he would definitely be down with the Mustache Movement ;)
    afroannnie wrote:
    …and now for…

Jimi Hendrix

25an15g.jpg

Beautiful! You know if Jimi was still with us, he would definitely be down with the Mustache Movement ;)

Of course! :D He would have such a gorgeous stash. He was a genius (musically and otherwise), much like a few other people we know ;) I would pay big bucks to curl my fine, straight (scalp) hair like his!!! It might look a little strange in blonde though. I need to go spend some time with my iTunes library now... At least it's 32 days, and not 27. That would have really sucked :cry:
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Heisenberg,
    Coups you tell me how much has been collected inception to date that will be donated to the Wisconsin CCFA chapter? I have an idea that could potentially generate enough direct contributions to them (on the mfc's behalf) to match the itd amount.
    Lemme know please.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Heisenberg,
    Coups you tell me how much has been collected inception to date that will be donated to the Wisconsin CCFA chapter? I have an idea that could potentially generate enough direct contributions to them (on the mfc's behalf) to match the itd amount.
    Lemme know please.

PM Sent
    Here's the sketched proposal. Since there is now a dedicated charity (CCFAW..stoked it's dear to Mike) that will be the beneficiary of stache dosh I want to donate a signed Mike McCready Baseball to the cause but there are some conditions...

To do this, I would need at least 10 people to agree to donate $40 DIRECTLY to the CCFAW chapter on the MFC's behalf. Direct donation channels are apparently being worked out. If this doesn't get worked out, I am sure a personal check direct to them would work just fine. Once donations are confirmed (tbd on how to do that and again there would have to be enough dedicated interest to generate at least $400 from this) one of the confirmed donors will get a signed Mike McCready baseball and a super tyt, locable display case, shipped, anywhere in the world on my dime.

The ball is in this grouping (the other three have a home) I am donating mine
    balls.jpg

here is a photo of the new display case I am including with the ball

http://www.sfdisplay.com/1baseballhomep ... kable.aspx

There were only 150 of these balls signed and I have not seen a single one trade on any auction sites. I think they are pretty elusive and I am confident that if I put one of these up on EBAY I could get $300 for it.

If there are enough people (10) that are committed to doing this (If someone donates $80 they could two chances to win etc. so it doesn't have to be 10 people necessarily, just a minimum of $400 commited) then for each $40 you would have a chance to get the ball and case/shipping. The winner would be determined by whoever is closest to guessing the last two digits of the DOW at closing bell on a pre-determined date. If there is a tie (say last two digits of Dow Jones are 29 and one person guesses 19 and another 39) the person with the number BELOW the CLOSE number would win the tie break. Anything after the decimal point is not factotred.
    If you all think this could be done, woot.
    If interested please confirm here. Once ten people (or $400 is committed) I will close the door on new donors so as to not dillute those who jumped in on this first. So it will be a first come first served in incriments of $40 and closing at $400.

I will leave this offer open for a week and if $400 isn't "in" to do this by Tuesday August 9th at 3pm PST than I will keep my ball. :)
    If this does fly, looks like the MFC will have almost reached $1,000 going direct to CCFAW.
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    Make sure that after the concert that there are some pictures of the movement in this thread! They will def. play Gimme No Lip now ;)

Ps: there are smilies with mustaches! :shock:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    just order my Crohns suck shirt :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Make sure that after the concert that there are some pictures of the movement in this thread! They will def. play Gimme No Lip now ;)

Ps: there are smilies with mustaches! :shock:

Oh...there will be something in the works post-PJ20 ;) and if we get "Don't Gimmie No Lip", I'm sure we all will be very happy :D

Awesome D...Thanks so much. I hope it arrives in time. The international orders do take some time, so stay on top of it by keeping in close contact with the company who is producing the shirts. They will take good care of you.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ok ..whos running this gig???

i got something for you .....
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
    got some if you need it...

@joe2468: I'd talk to Heisenberg
    …and now for…

The OPJ20MM featured mustache of the day for 8/2 is:

Emiliano Zapata

hrbz7s.jpg

You can learn more about this revolutionary mustache at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emiliano_Zapata
    OK mustachers, time to put your money where your mouth is! Many of you has asked for a way to make online donations without having to pay the full price of one of our shirts. Well, our friends at the CCFA have set up an online donation page for us. The link below is the main page and all you will need to do is click on any of the highlighted links to make an actual donation. They were also nice enough to include a link to our merch store so if you click on the shirt...that is where you will end up. Here is the link and thanks again for all your participation...

http://online.ccfa.org/site/PageNavigator/PJ20_MustachesforCharity.html
    Heisenberg wrote:

Awesome D...Thanks so much. I hope it arrives in time. The international orders do take some time, so stay on top of it by keeping in close contact with the company who is producing the shirts. They will take good care of you.
    i know,but doesnt matter alot..i want to buy it for the donation..not for wear it at the pj20..i can wear it at Buenos Aires if its arrive late :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Heisenberg wrote:

i know,but doesnt matter alot..i want to buy it for the donation..not for wear it at the pj20..i can wear it at Buenos Aires if its arrive late :)

Excellent. Sounds good D. Thanks again.
    edited August 2011
    POSTER THREE PACK OFFER EXPIRED
    Post edited by usamamasan1 on
    edited August 2011
    Hi guys,

Thought this might make the world easier for those of you that might have questions, concerns, ideas, etc. that you would like to direct my way in relation to the PJ20 "Don't Gimmie No Lip" Mustache Movement. You can still PM me if you prefer, but you can also now email me at

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:mfc.heisenberg@yahoo.com">mfc.heisenberg@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->

Also, if you all are up to it, I would like pics! Pics of your staches, pics of your shirts, pics of you in your shirts, pics from the festival, pics of Bambam defacing public property, etc. Pretty much anything related to our little movement. Please send them as attachments to the above email address as opposed to (or in addition to) posting them on the thread because I will need full resolution (or as high quality as possible) photos for something I am going to try and put together once this whole thing is said and done. I will do my best to stay on top of emails but bear with me if it takes time to get back to you. Thanks

-Heisenberg
    Post edited by Heisenberg on
    Heisenberg wrote:
    pics of you in your shirts,

at the McCready Angels game with stache wax shirt. Shiity cell phone pic of a polaroid pic.

woot.

Angelsgame.jpg
    Heisenberg wrote:

at the McCready Angels game with stache wax shirt. Shiity cell phone pic of a polaroid pic.

woot.

Angelsgame.jpg

:thumbup:
    got shipping confirmation already..thanks :)
    Heisenberg wrote:

woot.

Angelsgame.jpg

Awesome! I have the same shirt! ;)
    Heisenberg wrote:
    OK mustachers, time to put your money where your mouth is! Many of you has asked for a way to make online donations without having to pay the full price of one of our shirts. Well, our friends at the CCFA have set up an online donation page for us. The link below is the main page and all you will need to do is click on any of the highlighted links to make an actual donation. They were also nice enough to include a link to our merch store so if you click on the shirt...that is where you will end up. Here is the link and thanks again for all your participation...

http://online.ccfa.org/site/PageNavigator/PJ20_MustachesforCharity.html

Great news Heis! :D
    It looks to me as if the donations go to the national chapter and not the Wisconsin one. Is that correct?
    It looks to me as if the donations go to the national chapter and not the Wisconsin one. Is that correct?

I'm not sure but I believe you are correct. I don't think it was possible for our contact to set up a direct online donation specifically to her chapter. However, I could be wrong. That was all set up on their end and I have nothing to do with it. Either way, they are all under the same roof and all the money goes to the CCFA.
    ...more exciting than reaching the head of the 10c ticket queue, more unpredictable than hearing Yellow Ledbetter close out a show...

The OPJ20MM featured mustache of the day for 8/3 is:

Samuel Langhorne Clemens

2zny04j.jpg

You can learn more about this noted and humerous mustache, a prophetic seer of self demise, who spent many a time in the company of other great mustaches at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Langhorne_Clemens

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
    Hi Guys, just thought I'd throw this up as another way to donate to our friends at the CCFA. Our contact who has been working so hard to help us with the Mustache Movement is running in an event in Vegas this December. She is trying to reach a goal of $3,600 so if any of you are feeling generous and want to contribute to her cause, here is the link...

http://www.active.com/donate/LV11WI/LV11WisconsinJRiley1

maybe she could run the marathon with a mustcahe :D
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Hi Guys, just thought I'd throw this up as another way to donate to our friends at the CCFA. Our contact who has been working so hard to help us with the Mustache Movement is running in an event in Vegas this December. She is trying to reach a goal of $3,600 so if any of you are feeling generous and want to contribute to her cause, here is the link...

http://www.active.com/donate/LV11WI/LV11WisconsinJRiley1

maybe she could run the marathon with a mustcahe :D

We might just be able to convince her to do that ;)
    Love this idea for a movie! :D

"Can zombie Tom Selleck reunite with his mustache and save the world before it is too late? "

http://drinkingdecks.com/blog/general/z ... mustaches/