Options

**The Official PJ 20 Mustache Movement[UPDATE]**

Comments

• Options
    bambam87bambam87 Posts: 545
    alright we are back.. slow day yesterday

ok,ok i get the penguins thing... sidney crosby does have an embarrasing stache
    but i am a bills fan big drop!!
  • Options
    Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    bambam87 wrote:

Me too, so I'm so very sorry for you. :cry:
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Options
    btw, do any of u find urself looking for mustaches in the crowd. whenever i see one, i wanna shake the guys hand...just me?
  • Options
    Big Drop wrote:
    bambam87 wrote:

Heisenberg. . . anything you'd like to add about the Lions? :D
  • Options
    bambam87 wrote:
    btw, do any of u find urself looking for mustaches in the crowd. whenever i see one, i wanna shake the guys hand...just me?

Yes! It's a shame the stache is such a generational thing. You don't find too many twenty or thirty something year old guys with them anymore.

I miss when the mustache was a symbol of masculinity. I still think that Rollie Fingers is one of the most badass ballplayers ever to play the game.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Big Drop wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    bambam87 wrote:

Heisenberg. . . anything you'd like to add about the Lions? :D

No...I'm not a Lions fan...I'm worse, I'm a Browns fan :(
    I'm actually from Ohio but since we didn't have hockey when I was a kid, I was a Wings fan because I despised Jagr and his mullet.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I'm actually from Ohio but since we didn't have hockey when I was a kid, I was a Wings fan because I despised Jagr and his mullet.

Good for you! Cleveland is not my bread and butter but the downtown is pretty nice. A lot of character. Plus Cleveland is a city that can have a laugh at itself, which is something I can appreciate. Coming from Buffalo, a good sense of humor is something we're taught as children is very important.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjju ... re=related
  • Options
    Big Drop wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Good for you! Cleveland is not my bread and butter but the downtown is pretty nice. A lot of character. Plus Cleveland is a city that can have a laugh at itself, which is something I can appreciate. Coming from Buffalo, a good sense of humor is something we're taught as children is very important.

those youtube clips are fuckin awsome :lol::lol:
  • Options
    bambam87 wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

those youtube clips are fuckin awsome :lol::lol:

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Big Drop wrote:

Good for you! Cleveland is not my bread and butter but the downtown is pretty nice.

:lol: You are obviously a youngin' if your perception of downtown Cleveland is "pretty nice". It's improved tenfold since Lebron brought money to the area but now that he has "taken his talents (and bullshit) to South Beach", the city will likely be back to it's old self real soon. I miss the days of sitting in an empty Municipal Stadium while paint chips fell on my head from the decaying upper deck.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

Good for you! Cleveland is not my bread and butter but the downtown is pretty nice.

:lol: You are obviously a youngin' if your perception of downtown Cleveland is "pretty nice". It's improved tenfold since Lebron brought money to the area but now that he has "taken his talents (and bullshit) to South Beach", the city will likely be back to it's old self real soon. I miss the days of sitting in an empty Municipal Stadium while paint chips fell on my head from the decaying upper deck.

Or maybe the qualities I look for in something "nice" is less than congruent with the qualities most people look for. I love Buffalo. Buffalo is the perfect city. Buffalo is not for everyone. Buffalo is for me.

Cleveland is pretty nice, too.
  • Options
    Big Drop wrote:

Or maybe the qualities I look for in something "nice" is less than congruent with the qualities most people look for. I love Buffalo. Buffalo is the perfect city. Buffalo is not for everyone. Buffalo is for me.

No I love Cleveland and totally get what you are saying but it used to be a somewhat dangerous place and everything was beat up and run down. It was always a lot of fun but not necessarily the safest place on Earth. Now it's awesome and I sincerely hope that Ledouchebag leaving doesn't destroy the area around the arenas because there are alot of really cool places down there.

Now that being said...we are getting off point people! Too much doscussion of cities, cats, dogs, etc. Let's get the focus back where it belongs! ;)

Moustache11-small.jpg
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

No I love Cleveland and totally get what you are saying but it used to be a somewhat dangerous place and everything was beat up and run down. It was always a lot of fun but not necessarily the safest place on Earth. Now it's awesome and I sincerely hope that Ledouchebag leaving doesn't destroy the area around the arenas because there are alot of really cool places down there.

Now that being said...we are getting off point people! Too much doscussion of cities, cats, dogs, etc. Let's get the focus back where it belongs! ;)

Moustache11-small.jpg

think thats what im gonna spray paint all over town
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

Moustache11-small.jpg

Any chance we can get stickers of this so I can put them up on stop signs around town?
  • Options
    bambam87 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

Moustache11-small.jpg

think thats what im gonna spray paint all over town

its official, thats our logo
  • Options
    Use this one instead ;) ...

Moustache11-small2.jpg

If it wasn't a "borrowed" image,I would be mass producing shirts with this on it.
    When I get more time I will try to work on an "official" logo for the campaign that we can actually use but for now, we will have to "borrow".
  • Options
    yeah, we def need a logo...either way im spray paintin shit
  • Options
    Actually, what we need is the PJ ladies to fall in line with this excellent idea from Movember. Then the movement would really gain steam! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GudcxvmHoyQ&feature=player_embedded

Seriously though, we need to come up with a way to turn our degenerate asses growing mustaches into a way to raise money for charity. I haven't quite figured that out yet, but it NEEDS to happen so that this is more than just us being goofy.
  • Options
    on the first few pages somebody was talkin about a charity thing, kinda a weird charity thing, but if we can do it, we would probably get more people really interested
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Actually, what we need is the PJ ladies to fall in line with this excellent idea from Movember. Then the movement would really gain steam! :lol:

Seriously though, we need to come up with a way to turn our degenerate asses growing mustaches into a way to raise money for charity. I haven't quite figured that out yet, but it NEEDS to happen so that this is more than just us being goofy.
    :lol::lol:
    i was typin it as u were
  • Options
    Can't sleep . . . did some brainstorming.

The first and foremost step to bring this from a silly movement to a grassroots movement would be to contact the 10C with our intentions. Send someone affiliated with the ten club an email telling them what we plan to do and ask them if they would accept a donation on our behalf. Once we receive confirmation from the 10C that they support us in our endeavor, we can start delegating responsibilities. Obviously, the three of us with the most posts on this thread, me, bambam, and heisenberg would be expected to take an active role. It would help if we got a few forum celebrities on board as well, and I'm pretty sure Dimitris and 81 will help us out with that. I've already shot a few PMs to heisenberg about how to go about raising funds and i'd be more than happy to handle that aspect.

The key is, once we have the 10C's blessings, is to utilize as many forms of media as we can. We can create a facebook event, make a website through google sites, and even make a blog to update three or four times a week about progress and details of that nature. Once again, I have experience writing a blog so I'd be more than happy to handle that as well. Our website would be there to keep an open record about donations received, mustaches pledged, mustache progress, etc. The blog would be there to basically provide carbon copies of important posts made on this thread, possibly to grab the attention of fans who are not privy to this thread, as well as complete strangers who are willing to donate who may or may not even be in the 10C.

We could look to set up donations on a few different levels, we should discuss them and decide if/which/all sound plausible. We could ask individuals who are interested in pledging a mustache to donate a nominal fee towards the charity. . . $10 or so. Then, once we have a group of men (and women who are willing to look silly by wearing fake mustaches for the weekend) we will have that group ask others to "sponsor" their mustache and raise more money that way. Finally, those of us who are officially "in charge" of the mustache charity would be responsible for finding people/businesses/corporations to donate physical prizes for the winner. (After all, it should be a mustache competition, those with the most epic furry upper lips should be rewarded) I ordered the super delux added adjective for envy box set of vs and vitalogy and have yet to open it, as buyer's remorse has crossed my mind. Rather than returning it, if this were to take place, I think I would be happy donating it as a prize for the competition. I'm not exactly financially secure but money isn't everything in life and if it helps recruit participants it's well worth it. I really think that if we do this right, with the number of people attending PJ20, we could raise anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 to donate to Pearl Jam to in return donate to a worthy charity.

As for the catalyst to move this rock, I personally think that heisenberg should write the email to the 10C, and if we were to assign positions, President of operations, or whatever the "most important" office should be.

Once again, once we have the 10C's blessings and they are privy to our intentions and have given their blessings, we can continue to delegate responsibilities amongst members. For now though, the email is the most important step.

Will you write the email that spawns 1,000 mustaches, Heisenberg?

Furthermore, once we have an official confirmation, it would help to have a logo and catchy name for our movement ready. Unfortunately I'm not a very artistic guy, but a logo of sorts does not need to be hand drawn, if anyone is handy with computer generation/digital design. I've seen things such as World Wide Mustache Ride on here and I've proposed MFC (Mustaches For a Cause) as our official movement name, but once again this is something we can decide upon as a group.

I'm really optimistic about this whole thing. . . and who knows, if it goes really well, maybe the band themselves might want to give a quick shout out during the concert to the awesome dudes that got the ball rolling. Hey, we can dream, can't we? :D
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

Moustache11-small.jpg

Can we talk about kitties...as long as they have mustaches? :lol:
    Love the logo!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

That was awesome!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    freaks...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Big Drop wrote:
    Can't sleep . . . did some brainstorming.

The first and foremost step to bring this from a silly movement to a grassroots movement would be to contact the 10C with our intentions. Send someone affiliated with the ten club an email telling them what we plan to do and ask them if they would accept a donation on our behalf. Once we receive confirmation from the 10C that they support us in our endeavor, we can start delegating responsibilities. Obviously, the three of us with the most posts on this thread, me, bambam, and heisenberg would be expected to take an active role. It would help if we got a few forum celebrities on board as well, and I'm pretty sure Dimitris and 81 will help us out with that. I've already shot a few PMs to heisenberg about how to go about raising funds and i'd be more than happy to handle that aspect.

The key is, once we have the 10C's blessings, is to utilize as many forms of media as we can. We can create a facebook event, make a website through google sites, and even make a blog to update three or four times a week about progress and details of that nature. Once again, I have experience writing a blog so I'd be more than happy to handle that as well. Our website would be there to keep an open record about donations received, mustaches pledged, mustache progress, etc. The blog would be there to basically provide carbon copies of important posts made on this thread, possibly to grab the attention of fans who are not privy to this thread, as well as complete strangers who are willing to donate who may or may not even be in the 10C.

We could look to set up donations on a few different levels, we should discuss them and decide if/which/all sound plausible. We could ask individuals who are interested in pledging a mustache to donate a nominal fee towards the charity. . . $10 or so. Then, once we have a group of men (and women who are willing to look silly by wearing fake mustaches for the weekend) we will have that group ask others to "sponsor" their mustache and raise more money that way. Finally, those of us who are officially "in charge" of the mustache charity would be responsible for finding people/businesses/corporations to donate physical prizes for the winner. (After all, it should be a mustache competition, those with the most epic furry upper lips should be rewarded) I ordered the super delux added adjective for envy box set of vs and vitalogy and have yet to open it, as buyer's remorse has crossed my mind. Rather than returning it, if this were to take place, I think I would be happy donating it as a prize for the competition. I'm not exactly financially secure but money isn't everything in life and if it helps recruit participants it's well worth it. I really think that if we do this right, with the number of people attending PJ20, we could raise anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 to donate to Pearl Jam to in return donate to a worthy charity.

As for the catalyst to move this rock, I personally think that heisenberg should write the email to the 10C, and if we were to assign positions, President of operations, or whatever the "most important" office should be.

Once again, once we have the 10C's blessings and they are privy to our intentions and have given their blessings, we can continue to delegate responsibilities amongst members. For now though, the email is the most important step.

Will you write the email that spawns 1,000 mustaches, Heisenberg?

Furthermore, once we have an official confirmation, it would help to have a logo and catchy name for our movement ready. Unfortunately I'm not a very artistic guy, but a logo of sorts does not need to be hand drawn, if anyone is handy with computer generation/digital design. I've seen things such as World Wide Mustache Ride on here and I've proposed MFC (Mustaches For a Cause) as our official movement name, but once again this is something we can decide upon as a group.

I'm really optimistic about this whole thing. . . and who knows, if it goes really well, maybe the band themselves might want to give a quick shout out during the concert to the awesome dudes that got the ball rolling. Hey, we can dream, can't we? :D

I definitely agree that we should make this a charity event! I'm willing to help as well. I agree that MFC should be the official name. I think that World Wide Mustache Ride would be great for t-shirts...maybe MFC logo (whatever we make it)could be on the front corner of the t-shirt and the world wide mustache ride could be on the back w/ a pic. We could sell the t-shirts to make money...We could also get people to donate PJ related stuff for the cause as well...since with this group those would be the most likely items to raise money.

But first things first...did we decide what charity? I'm assuming either the wishlist foundation or CCFA? If we go with the wishlist foundation, maybe along with contacting 10C we can get help from someone who has set up one of the wishlist foundation fundraisers before?
  • Options
    freaks...

Bite your tongue. :P
  • Options
    I am holding off on emailing 10C (as well as a couple other places/charities I'd like to contact) until the official announcement is made, but I will take care of it so no worries. I was also giving it some time so we would have more people already on board so JOIN US PEOPLE!
    I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and love the ideas. I've got a few ideas as well but I am in the process of moving so once I am finished with that next week, I will start looking into some of these things. If anyone has any specific ideas, please don't hesitate to PM me so we're not cluttering up the thread with discussion of details and whatnot.

It's too bad we couldn't organize a "Mustachelor Auction". I'm sure we'd raise a ton of money (at least $10 or $20 :lol: ) if the PJ ladies had an opportunity to bid on our fantastic staches, but that wouldn't really work during a festival.
  • Options
    Sorry Heisenberg, didn't mean to put you on the spot. I guess we're all getting a little antsy. :P
  • Options
    Big Drop wrote:
    Sorry Heisenberg, didn't mean to put you on the spot. I guess we're all getting a little antsy. :P

It's all good. Just be patient young mustachers. The Festival hasn't even been announced yet. :)