Options

Here's The Latest On Pearl Jam Playing Fenway Park

13»

Comments

• Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    rhinomagic wrote:
    If Pearl Jam decided to play Fenway (or if Fenway's honchos decided to invite Pearl Jam), I think there would be a great chance for them to play to sold-out crowd(s).

The gig can't come on the heels of, say, an East Coast summer tour. They'd need to schedule it as the only New England/Northeast date or some type of charity or local benefit concert.

Saturation of PJ concerts in the area would hurt attendance, even if it was at Fenway Park.

All good points. If this is ever going to happen, next year's tour to support the new album would be much more likely. It would probably have to be a non-Ten Club show, and I could see some deal worked out with Theo Epstein's charity, The Foundation to be Named Later.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    thossy wrote:
    I'm not sure they'd play there but some info nonetheless

from the red sox website

The current capacity of Fenway Park is 36,108 for night games and 35,692 for day games.

I've gone to Springsteen, Stones and the Police there and they didn't sell any of the bleacher seats, nor the green monster seats. Whatever the put on the floor will be less than that, so I'm guessin you are looking at 30K max.
    There are a lot of field seats. When Bruce played the first concerts, there was a big write up in the paper the Friday before the shows about the event and the capacity was just over 36,000 for the concert set up.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    every year this comes up and every year it doesn't happen. i've given up hope for pj at fenway.
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    It's not going to happen. Don't cry too much though, I saw the Police there last year & it was possibly the worst concert I've ever seen.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,511
    Okay, this is an old article, yes, but I want the naysayers to read the last paragraph in this article.

"As for their own future, regardless of who wins the election, Pearl Jam hopes to try to play Fenway Park next summer. Vedder and Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein are friends, and Pearl Jam wants to be the next in line after Springsteen and Jimmy Buffett to headline Fenway. 'I think that would be our ultimate goal,' says Vedder. And if they can handle Jimmy Buffett fans there, then I'm sure they can handle ours.'"

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2004/09/19/pearl_jam_takes_action_on_this_falls_vote_tour/
  • Options
    14RAY5514RAY55 Mami Posts: 109
    I think if PJ was going to play in a great baseball stadium (which Fenway is of course) it would be at Wrigley.Close to Ed's hometown,Ed has the Cubs jerseys with his name on the back, and his buddy Kerry Wood is still there.
    Still Alive And Well In Miami
    4-23-92 Miami,8-22-92 Miami,3-28-94 Miami,10-07-96 Ft.Laud.,9-22-98 WPB,9-23-98 WPB,8-9-00 WPB,8-10-00 WPB,4-11-03 WPB,7-16-06 S.F.,7-18-06 S.F.,7-22-06 Gorge,6-11-08 WPB,6-12-08 Tampa,10-23-10 Moun.View,10-24-10 Moun.View
  • Options
    wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    every year this comes up and every year it doesn't happen. i've given up hope for pj at fenway.

people said that about bonnaroo...

It's bound to happen one of these years
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    14RAY55 wrote:
    I think if PJ was going to play in a great baseball stadium (which Fenway is of course) it would be at Wrigley.Close to Ed's hometown,Ed has the Cubs jerseys with his name on the back, and his buddy Kerry Wood is still there.

But he likes to toss the ball around on the hallowed grounds of Fenway Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN52ibaFmw8
  • Options
    14RAY5514RAY55 Mami Posts: 109
    But he likes to toss the ball around on the hallowed grounds of Fenway Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN52ibaFmw8
    Thanks,that is cool,looks like he was getting a bit of a workout and having fun.
    Still Alive And Well In Miami
    4-23-92 Miami,8-22-92 Miami,3-28-94 Miami,10-07-96 Ft.Laud.,9-22-98 WPB,9-23-98 WPB,8-9-00 WPB,8-10-00 WPB,4-11-03 WPB,7-16-06 S.F.,7-18-06 S.F.,7-22-06 Gorge,6-11-08 WPB,6-12-08 Tampa,10-23-10 Moun.View,10-24-10 Moun.View
  • Options
    14RAY55 wrote:
    Thanks,that is cool,looks like he was getting a bit of a workout and having fun.

some teams could probably use him.
  • Options
    cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    It's not going to happen. Don't cry too much though, I saw the Police there last year & it was possibly the worst concert I've ever seen.

I love Fenway to watch a ballgame, but it's a horrible place to see a concert. The acoustics are terrible, and if you're caught behind a post in the grandstand, you'll see fuck all of the show.
  • Options
    cerebus wrote:
    I love Fenway to watch a ballgame, but it's a horrible place to see a concert. The acoustics are terrible, and if you're caught behind a post in the grandstand, you'll see fuck all of the show.

Please, bro, if the ten club or the Herald announces a show in August for the 2nd night, you'll be primed and ready to get tix.