Shame on McDonalds...

13»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I love MickeyD's...I eat there oh, maybe 3 times a month (because I have self control). Their fries are heaven (and so are Red Robin steak fries).

When I worked at the mall, I ate McD's every single freaking day because it was the fastest place to order food, inhale said food, and go back to work in under 30 minutes...I supersized every single time, and never got 'fat'. At the time, I also was going to school, taking the bus, and walking everywhere else. One thing Morgan Spurlock failed to do: exersise.

A guy compiled a list of the 15 'worst' burgers calorie wise...not one McDoalds burger shows up on the list. At number one and two: chili's, number 3: Burger King.

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slide/wor ... etagsfocus

I think I'll have a quarter pounder meal for dinner tonight. :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    One thing Morgan Spurlock failed to do: exersise.

as entertaining as Super Size Me was, it was completely flawed as an actual "documentary".
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I love MickeyD's...I eat there oh, maybe 3 times a month (because I have self control). Their fries are heaven (and so are Red Robin steak fries).

When I worked at the mall, I ate McD's every single freaking day because it was the fastest place to order food, inhale said food, and go back to work in under 30 minutes...I supersized every single time, and never got 'fat'. At the time, I also was going to school, taking the bus, and walking everywhere else. One thing Morgan Spurlock failed to do: exersise.

A guy compiled a list of the 15 'worst' burgers calorie wise...not one McDoalds burger shows up on the list. At number one and two: chili's, number 3: Burger King.

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slide/wor ... etagsfocus

I think I'll have a quarter pounder meal for dinner tonight. :D
    I love you you're my hero. :D:D
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    Paul David wrote:
    Me, I'm a fat fuck, and I am willing to admit that it's my fault. McDonald's has no responsibility. I do. I chose to go there. I chose to upsize my fries. Marketing be damned. I still have a choice. Do they market to kids? Of course they do. But ultimately it's the parents that take them there. I take my kids there very seldom. I don't take them there because they cry about it. I take them there as a fun family outing once in a blue moon.
    I resemble that remark. Although, McDonald's -- well fast food in general -- didn't really contribute that much to my weight as I don't eat much fast food. I tend to overindulge in better quality food, but still the point remains the same. It's my fault I became overweight. And even though it sucks, now I'm having to take responsibility for it by dieting and literally walking my ass off on the treadmill....
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    just read that McDonald's is telling their fulltime employees how to sign up for welfare benefits. So, instead of paying them a decent livable wage, they're making US pay for their employeees' well being. THE GUAL!
  • davidtrios wrote:
    just read that McDonald's is telling their fulltime employees how to sign up for welfare benefits. So, instead of paying them a decent livable wage, they're making US pay for their employeees' well being. THE GUAL!
    How much should McDonalds employees be making an hour?
    What do you think they should be making?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    davidtrios wrote:
    It's the new American way. Just let the government pay for it.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    How much should McDonalds employees be making an hour?
    What do you think they should be making?
    I think senior employees and managers should be making a livable wage. The guy flipping burgers should be making just enough to motivate him to up his skills and find a better career. In my opinion.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    davidtrios wrote:
    oh my goodness

fuckers deserve to be beat
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Have you ever seen the size of a small coke? It's the size of a large.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Have you ever seen the size of a small coke? It's the size of a large.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ish8NBunrQU