Shame on McDonalds...

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    And logic in my opinion? you made a comparison with my opinion, and I merely responded with one that was in line with the views that people were expressing here...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    Will your apology be McAccepted?
    Time will McTell.

haha Some people got mcheated...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    pjfan31 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I resent your sweeping genalization. You dont know where I reside, what MY views are

Exactly mate... I wonder how I am supposed to respect the thoughts and feelings of others, when clearly my thoughts here were not respected... I expressed an opinion that got shot down in flames. The old one rule for one, another for another.

I freely admit what I posted about walmart was a massive generalisation... and may not be entirely appropriate so I apologise.
    no, I dont think you were disrespected. Just disagreed with.
    As for my own posts in this , I fail to see where I was disrespectful. If I was in your mind that please show me how.
    Do you see the point anyone else was making? I agree with you to a point. just because someone CAN do/get something , doesnt mean they SHOULD.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Will your apology be McAccepted?
    Time will McTell.

haha Some people got mcheated...

Looks like this thread has caused some McControversy!
    I don't this thread turned into a McHappy Meal.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    pjfan31, I do understand your point. I think that the fast food industry is partially to blame for the obesity epidemic because it is cheap, fast, and easy (and generally unhealthy). I don't think there's any way around that because those qualities are exactly what make it successful. :( Sure, it's also personal responsibility, no doubt, but they have clever marketing strategies that make the eyes bigger than the stomach.
    EmBleve wrote:
    pjfan31, I do understand your point. I think that the fast food industry is partially to blame for the obesity epidemic because it is cheap, fast, and easy (and generally unhealthy). I don't think there's any way around that because those qualities are exactly what make it successful. :( Sure, it's also personal responsibility, no doubt, but they have clever marketing strategies that make the eyes bigger than the stomach.

People are easily McSucked in and McStupid.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    mickeyrat wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I resent your sweeping genalization. You dont know where I reside, what MY views are

Exactly mate... I wonder how I am supposed to respect the thoughts and feelings of others, when clearly my thoughts here were not respected... I expressed an opinion that got shot down in flames. The old one rule for one, another for another.

I freely admit what I posted about walmart was a massive generalisation... and may not be entirely appropriate so I apologise.
    no, I dont think you were disrespected. Just disagreed with.
    As for my own posts in this , I fail to see where I was disrespectful. If I was in your mind that please show me how.
    Do you see the point anyone else was making? I agree with you to a point. just because someone CAN do/get something , doesnt mean they SHOULD.

yeh mate, I see others points. Basically saying it is up to the individual and its good business by selling things cheap and I get it and appreciate it. But at the end of the day, when obesity is a massive problem (pardon the pun) big corporations have to be more responsible in my opinion... its kind of like all this carbon pollution.. people have to be more socially aware.. Am I saying for maccas to shut there doors? no... What I am saying is that they shouldn't make being obese easier and cheaper...

As for people and disrespect toward me... I was simply expressing an opinion/'my view' which got shot down in flames...

We should just agree to disagree.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    EmBleve wrote:

3 pages in... I knew there was just more than me and thoughts out there...

Thank you and I agree...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Oh look I agree with you to an extent... Sure what food people eat is their choice... But If you have a weight problem, you don't need more food being cheaper... Just means you eat more...

And yes I know I didn't have to say yes to the chips, and yes I didnt have to walk through the doors... But surely someone gets my point....

So are you saying that they should have 2 prices :D , one for the weight challenged and one for those where a little mcdonald's does not hurt them :D, then who would decide who get the cheaper food :D:wink:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Who are we kidding... As long as they wash it down with a diet coke then it negates all the calories.

junk11.jpg
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Who are we kidding... As long as they wash it down with a diet coke then it negates all the calories.

junk11.jpg
    see that kind of thing ALOT!!!!!! tray overloaded with junk food and a diet whatever.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    pjfan31 wrote:

junk11.jpg

Upsize like on that doco that dude made about being on Maccas diet for one month.
    Bigger is better!
    I want a 1 lt choc sundae!
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I applaud McDonald's and think they get a terribly bad rap.

It would seem that some of the non-personal-responsibility crowd would have McDonald's take a BMI at the door and not let anyone in who was over a certain number.

I think you could actually lose weight eating only at McDonald's if you set your mind to it.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I like McDonald's also. McDonald's doesn't cause obesity, eating does. I eat there half a dozen times a months and have for 30 years and still looking for the weight gain.
    #FHP
  • Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 691
    It's also ridiculous to see signs and hear commercials saying that you can get 20 McNuggets for $4.99 and 50 Mcnuggets for 10 or twenty bucks or something. It baffles me that unhealthy food can be bought for so cheap.
    Yet, if you want to be healthy and buy some Organic food, you have to pay up the ass for a decent meal!
    I definitely cut out fast food from my life, never have been a real fan of it but I can see how it can be addicting.
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Horos wrote:
    I like McDonald's also. McDonald's doesn't cause obesity, eating does. I eat there half a dozen times a months and have for 30 years and still looking for the weight gain.

but you might be what they call fat on the inside (clogged arteries, future heart problems, cancer, etc).

A guy I work with is in great outside physical shape, because he's active. Yet, he eats donuts for breakfast and if he eats lunch at all, it's a bag of doritos. But working out doesn't unclog your arteries.

Me, I'm a fat fuck, and I am willing to admit that it's my fault. McDonald's has no responsibility. I do. I chose to go there. I chose to upsize my fries. Marketing be damned. I still have a choice. Do they market to kids? Of course they do. But ultimately it's the parents that take them there. I take my kids there very seldom. I don't take them there because they cry about it. I take them there as a fun family outing once in a blue moon.

Just like I chose to go to the liquor store and buy a 26 oz of Crown on Friday, and I chose to drink most of it this weekend. They have those little airplane bottles at teh counter. I could have bought 3 of those and had two drinks with my wife and that would ahve been it.

But nope, I got sloshed. I have a very addictive personality, but it's no one's fault but my own.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,792
    As long as they keep bringing back the McRib every year, I dont care what McD's does.
    As to your original point, if you are going to attack them for making it cheaper to get fat, you should attack the dollar menu, not the most expensive thing on the menu.
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    i love food!!!!!!!!!!! friday breakfast sandwiches at work ate at red lobster for dinner..appetizers,bisquits salad 2 lobster tales and shrimp and pasta..saturday big breakfast then beer and wings at the bar during phillies game...chinese take out for dinner. sunday pancakes and bacon for breakfast pork chops and stuffing for dinner...and if i'm lucky a bj for dessert (because i can't move anymore :mrgreen::lol:
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    No wonder there is an obesity epidemic...

After seeing a movie tonight (limitless for those of you playing at home) me and a mate went to get a thick shake, I was a little hungry too as I hadn't had dinner...

SO I ordered my shake and a mighty Angus burger and she says 'You know it is cheaper if you actually buy chips as well'

So I bought the tasty little fuckers, saved myself a bit of money and shortened my life by a couple of weeks.... But it got me thinking... There should be some sort of law against that making it cheaper to sell more food... It really is encouraging obesity

And for the record... I ate and enjoyed every last chip...
    As someone who currently could stand to lose some weight, I don't blame McDonalds or whatever at all. Eating shit food was my choice, and I take full responsibility for it.

You obviously have no idea how to play the sys . . . ahem, how much you've been victimized!

Just like when Satan made Ted Haggard fuck that dude he was giving drugs to.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    i love food!!!!!!!!!!! friday breakfast sandwiches at work ate at red lobster for dinner..appetizers,bisquits salad 2 lobster tales and shrimp and pasta..saturday big breakfast then beer and wings at the bar during phillies game...chinese take out for dinner. sunday pancakes and bacon for breakfast pork chops and stuffing for dinner...and if i'm lucky a bj for dessert (because i can't move anymore :mrgreen::lol:
    good god. lol. :D That's ALOT!
    I'm not fat, I'm just big boned...
  • I'm not fat, I'm just big boned...

I know the feeling. It's tough wrapping it around my leg a few times and taping it to my thigh just so I can wear shorts.
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    I'm not fat, I'm just big boned...

I know the feeling. It's tough wrapping it around my leg a few times and taping it to my thigh just so I can wear shorts.
    :lol: he's right!..last week he forgot to tape it and i tripped over it..and i live in philly :o:lol::lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    fast food smells so much better than it tastes...
    its an incredible disappointment ....I don't get the draw

I would rather cook something good

with that said my kids seem to like it :?
  • I'm not fat, I'm just big boned...

:lol: he's right!..last week he forgot to tape it and i tripped over it..and i live in philly :o:lol::lol:

You live in Philly? Shit dude I'm 50 minutes away. PARTY!
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    2 for 3.33 fish filets mmm mmm
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Is McDonalds that bad, really? I remember watchin Supersize Me and thinkin that if that guy made that stuff at home, he'd probably be feel just as horrible.

It's silly to blame McD's or fast food in general. People are gonna eat junk no matter what. I used to check out people with 2 shopping carts full of nothing but snacks and soda.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Is McDonalds that bad, really? I remember watchin Supersize Me and thinkin that if that guy made that stuff at home, he'd probably be feel just as horrible.

It's silly to blame McD's or fast food in general. People are gonna eat junk no matter what. I used to check out people with 2 shopping carts full of nothing but snacks and soda.

People are stupid.
    Like this kid I used to see every morning whilst waiting at the traffic lights on my way to work.
    Fat as hell drinking coke and eating a pack of Doritos at 7.30am.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,180
    McDonald's is great...........for their Iced T and that's about it. I save the cup and return the next day and get refills REPEATIDLY!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• DewieCox wrote:

I was just thinking the same damn thing myself the other day. People rag on fast food, but what's the difference if I make a double cheeseburger at home and drink a pail of coke and a pound of McCain super fries? I'm guessing there is no difference.

Except at home I can't get McChicken sauce to dip my fries in. :mrgreen:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014