Deactivated my facebook account last night

13»

Comments

• dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    i like facebook.

there are some shitty elements to it that piss me off. but it doesn't piss me off to deactivate.

i really hate when people post about their personal problems,. i don't give a shit if your boyfriend or girlfriend cheated on you. it makes you look like a low class loser when you start going off on stuff like that. then those people look real dumb when a week later you see them back in a relationship. :roll:

also, i don't give a shit about your fucking kids. i don't care what they did every minute of the day. also, i don't need to see new pictures of them every single day.

i also don't give a shit about what food you just cooked or ate.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I just started my facebook page yesterday, under a assumed name, lots of fun.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Don't have too much a problem with it. My privacy settings are pretty strict on it; I don't think you'll find my Facebook page through searching. I use it kind of like I used to use AIM - talking to friends through the chat feature. I keep up-to-date on events around me through it too. It's just another modern convenience.

That said, it obviously gets out of hand for some people. I'm not going to lie and say I don't check it periodically to see if anyone sent me something, but people are way too obsessed with it, being creepy while looking through photos of people you barely know. I really don't understand why people don't use stricter privacy settings.
  • I was addicted to it horribly when I first joined years ago. Then I quit. Then I realized it was the best tool out there to get all my music updates right from the artists in one neat little package, so rejoined. I don't pay attention to all the "updates" from people I know. just hide them from your main page.

waste of time.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014