Eddie Vedder solo tour ticket prices

MK97633MK97633 Posts: 15
edited April 2011 in The Porch
Does anybody know why EV solo tour tickets are so expensive for this newly announced tour? $180/pair???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They are 147 plus 16.50 service charge per ticket from venue and ticket carrier.

BOOOOOOOO service charge :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    Ed eats really expensive eggs.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • and really expensive Tofu.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Expensive compared to what??

Not cheap, not overpriced IMO
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    CROJAM95 wrote:

+1
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • MK97633MK97633 Posts: 15
    guys u made me laugh, i appreciate that....But im looking for some equally as funny explanations but ones that still answer the price hike...Im remembering the band that spearheaded the lawsuit against ticketmaster, saying that they are a monopoly for overcharging people on ticket prices..Thats the PJ i know and love..Im sure there is a reasonable explanation. Ive emailed the tenclub so well see what they come back with... :P
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I was kidding about an interview from 2006 where Ed said something like his eggs cost more than the avocado album, and he couldn't understand why people wouldn't pay for music but would go for breakfast or something
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    MK97633 wrote:
    guys u made me laugh, i appreciate that....But im looking for some equally as funny explanations but ones that still answer the price hike...Im remembering the band that spearheaded the lawsuit against ticketmaster, saying that they are a monopoly for overcharging people on ticket prices..Thats the PJ i know and love..Im sure there is a reasonable explanation. Ive emailed the tenclub so well see what they come back with... :P

umm that was like the mid 90's.

its 2011.

like everything else in life shit gets more expensive.

:roll:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    They are 147 plus 16.50 service charge per ticket from venue and ticket carrier.

BOOOOOOOO service charge :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

$33 in service charges per pair is astronomical. The most ridiculous part.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    The inflation argument is reaonable. I would just like some proof that $80/ seat anywhere in the venue including up high is the going market rate...If thats true then I would by the tickets and go hear "luke the uke" and have a beautiful evening..
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    if some of the shows sold out in ZERO seconds, I would say they are underpriced.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    edited April 2011
    my two cents: ed solo tixs are too high. it's a consumers market. ya'll set the prices. we have control if we want them to come down. people go ape-shit for live music. it's uncalled for. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=152433

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=151780
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

just wait for PJ20... 8-)
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    MK97633 wrote:
    The inflation argument is reaonable. I would just like some proof that $80/ seat anywhere in the venue including up high is the going market rate...If thats true then I would by the tickets and go hear "luke the uke" and have a beautiful evening..
    $90 today = roughly $62 in 1995. PJ wasn't charging anywhere close to $62 a seat in 1995. I believe they were between $20-30 face. Inflation makes up some of the difference but nowhere close to all.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    MK97633 wrote:
    neil young is charging 150 for single ticket for his nyc shows
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    it's simple supply and demand. small venues + high demand = increased prices

that said...$80 isn't a lot anyway. not sure what people are bitching about, but it's annoying
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    While I agree Ed's tickets are on the steep side, I paid $184.50/pair and I get the privelage of sitting 8 rows from the stage. Well worth it for me as I will probably never get that close to the stage for a Pearl Jam concert.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    The Fixer wrote:
    it's simple supply and demand. small venues + high demand = increased prices

that said...$80 isn't a lot anyway. not sure what people are bitching about, but it's annoying
    agreed

noone is forcing you to buy tix. don't like the ticket prices, don't go, simple as that.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    gndcd402 wrote:
    MK97633 wrote:
    $90 today = roughly $62 in 1995. PJ wasn't charging anywhere close to $62 a seat in 1995. I believe they were between $20-30 face. Inflation makes up some of the difference but nowhere close to all.

They want larger bank accounts, so what
    so if inflation makes up some of it then where is the rest going? If you tell me its to help support the band in their going green initiative on tour, or to help pay their numerous staff a decent wage, or to the numbers of great causes they r involved in, or to by things for their ever growing families and put away for college, or to by eddies sweet bottle of dry red before every show....Im down with all those things and would gladly pay the extra difference... I just want alittle more info,,, ill let u guys know what the tenclub comes back with.....
    you just answered it. they do all those things.

You want to know what someone does with their money after supplying you a service?
    How much were a pair of tickets from the ten club for one of the shows for the last PJ tour..I was overseas so i dont remember... was it near 160 for the pair....??
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    metsfan wrote:
    MK97633 wrote:
    neil young is charging 150 for single ticket for his nyc shows

They're charging $250 for orchestra in Baltimore.
    MK97633 wrote:
    How much were a pair of tickets from the ten club for one of the shows for the last PJ tour..I was overseas so i dont remember... was it near 160 for the pair....??

yes. LA was $163 fan club
    NYC was $173
    there were some others that were about $20 cheaper.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    MK97633 wrote:
    so if inflation makes up some of it then where is the rest going? If you tell me its to help support the band in their going green initiative on tour, or to help pay their numerous staff a decent wage, or to the numbers of great causes they r involved in, or to by things for their ever growing families and put away for college, or to by eddies sweet bottle of dry red before every show....Im down with all those things and would gladly pay the extra difference... I just want alittle more info,,, ill let u guys know what the tenclub comes back with.....

You forgot to leave an address to send their bank records.

I think the tickets for PJ and Ed are a little overpriced. Compare them to their peers and they always cost a little bit more.
  • Hugo ReyesHugo Reyes Posts: 244
    In 2008, I paid $166 for a pair of 10C tickets for the Boston solo show. In 2011, I paid $168 for the same exact thing. So...what exactly is the problem here? $2 increase over three years? Yes please!

$80-90 (a single ticket) for what will be a MEMORABLE evening is completely worth it. Not even up for debate. On any given night out in any city, you'd pay at least $100 for a decent dinner and a few hours of drinks. More if you want to include parking or a cab.

Which would you rather do?
    Hugo Reyes wrote:
    In 2008, I paid $166 for a pair of 10C tickets for the Boston solo show. In 2011, I paid $168 for the same exact thing. So...what exactly is the problem here? $2 increase over three years? Yes please!

$80-90 (a single ticket) for what will be a MEMORABLE evening is completely worth it. Not even up for debate. On any given night out in any city, you'd pay at least $100 for a decent dinner and a few hours of drinks. More if you want to include parking or a cab.

Which would you rather do?
    QFT

• Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    I simply don't understand the complaints about EV's ticket prices. What are you comparing the prices to?
    I paid $169 for my ticket pair for the Wiltern show. That's like $85/ticket. I was just checking out the prices for Lykke Li's concert at the Wiltern in April, and they're starting at $87 and she's a much less known artist and cannot even be compared to a musician like EV.
    Lots of people spend more than $85 on Starbucks per month, or a pair of jeans, or gas, or just an evening out with dinner and movie...so I don't see how paying that $ is too much for an unbelievable night with mr.Vedder. I would think the complaint was justified had it been $300 or more, but 85...?
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,673
    I have to jump in here and say a word about ticket prices. When I lived in San Francisco in the late '60's/early '70's, tickets to an average show at Filmore West were $3 each. That included a show with three great bands in one night and a free hand bill- sometimes even free posters. If Eddie's tickets are $80 that means tickets are 26 2/3 times what they were then. If that's the case, gas should be running around $13 a gallon and a pack of cigarettes or a loaf of bread around $8.

Sorry folks- these prices are out of line. (No offense, Eddie. Ditto Neil.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    brianlux wrote:
    I have to jump in here and say a word about ticket prices. When I lived in San Francisco in the late '60's/early '70's, tickets to an average show at Filmore West were $3 each. That included a show with three great bands in one night and a free hand bill- sometimes even free posters. If Eddie's tickets are $80 that means tickets are 26 2/3 times what they were then. If that's the case, gas should be running around $13 a gallon and a pack of cigarettes or a loaf of bread around $8.

Sorry folks- these prices are out of line. (No offense, Eddie. Ditto Neil.)

word.

ya'll are fools for feeding the beast.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*