*** Ed Tour - Perth Fanviews Here 04/01/11 ***

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    E.K wrote:

Thanks. :D
    'The other half of the arse was well and truly whole by the time the clock struck nine.' :lol:
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    gecko wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Thanks. :D
    'The other half of the arse was well and truly whole by the time the clock struck nine.' :lol:
    I had to read it just to work out what that meant, :lol::lol:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    TB180644TB180644 Posts: 21
    Sounds like another great show. Just wondered if those of you that saw 6 shows feel a little bit guilty that some 10C members missed out on tickets and couldn't get public tickets. Tix went for as much as $500 on ebay, so it wasn't as if you could just go out and buy them. Good luck to you if you got to go to this many shows - obviously it is a sellers market - but there are real fans that missed out through no fault of their own. I was lucky enough to go to Melb 2 and have a kickass repo of the show. Its just that I know of quite a few people that wanted to go that couldn't. Maybe 10C could make an effort for once to fairly distribute the tickets. Nothing shits me more than trying to by tickets from the US from assholes that never had any intention to go to the shows. :evil:
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    TB180644 wrote:
    Sounds like another great show. Just wondered if those of you that saw 6 shows feel a little bit guilty that some 10C members missed out on tickets and couldn't get public tickets. Tix went for as much as $500 on ebay, so it wasn't as if you could just go out and buy them. Good luck to you if you got to go to this many shows - obviously it is a sellers market - but there are real fans that missed out through no fault of their own. I was lucky enough to go to Melb 2 and have a kickass repo of the show. Its just that I know of quite a few people that wanted to go that couldn't. Maybe 10C could make an effort for once to fairly distribute the tickets. Nothing shits me more than trying to by tickets from the US from assholes that never had any intention to go to the shows. :evil:

In a way i feel a little guilty...but its more the fact that these bogans who know like betterman and or alive go to shows and yell out stupid shit when real fans miss out.... I helped a couple people get last minute tickets for a couple shows...but as it is there is always someone who is going to miss out regardless and there are always going to be scalpers....just the way the world works sometimes :(
  • Options
    TB180644TB180644 Posts: 21
    I guess you're right, despite a very good crowd in Melbourne the bogan factor was still aparrent - as if Eddie cares what you call out, it's his show and I'm sure the setlist would not change no matter what the audience ask for. I guess I'm more disappointed with 10C than any thing else, real fans miss out and dickheads get in. At Melb 2 I saw a kid about 10 years old with his dad playing his DS most of the way through the show. I'm sure his ticket could have been better used. I've been a 10 C member for 15 years and missed out on the pre sale - that shits me!
  • Options
    missislesmissisles Posts: 539
    TB180644 wrote:

i feel no guilt
    i went to 6 shows
    i got 10c tickets for 2
    my home state

i won tickets for sydney
    i got presale for melbourne

id have paid scalpers if i hadnt got tickets.....

why? cause i wanted to be there.
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    TB180644 wrote:
    I guess you're right, despite a very good crowd in Melbourne the bogan factor was still aparrent - as if Eddie cares what you call out, it's his show and I'm sure the setlist would not change no matter what the audience ask for. I guess I'm more disappointed with 10C than any thing else, real fans miss out and dickheads get in. At Melb 2 I saw a kid about 10 years old with his dad playing his DS most of the way through the show. I'm sure his ticket could have been better used. I've been a 10 C member for 15 years and missed out on the pre sale - that shits me!

Atleast our 10c presale wasnt as bad as the US one... demand > supply and is usually never equal.. nothing more can do about it now though.. just have the memories :)
  • Options
    joely
    ive not seen your head in nearly a week
    sad :(
  • Options
    missisles wrote:
    joely
    ive not seen your head in nearly a week
    sad :(

In person or on the boards? hahaha
  • Options
    person

:D
  • Options
    i miss all the fabulous new people i met already :(
  • Options
    missisles wrote:
    i miss all the fabulous new people i met already :(

haha same... next tour can't come fast enough :(
  • Options
    i really want them to tour NOW NOW NOW

but i am quietly glad they arent

i couldnt afford it :lol::lol:
  • Options
    yeah... I had a look for cheap return flights to LA... 1100 from melb at beginning of October....shame the weekend isnt then :(
  • Options
    its ok
    im working on a plan

it involved john travolta
    a bear on a bicycle.
    a money train

and gaffa tape.
  • Options
    hahaha do i want to know the plan...? i suppose you could get wesley snipes to help you with the money train :lol: pretty sure he hasnt payed his taxes so he could use some money himself.
  • Options
    OUTRAGEOUS!

its better you dont know the plan

dont want you to be an accessory when it all comes crashing down :lol:
  • Options
    hahaha I'd deny i had any part in it :P...but if it works I'm all for it 8-)
  • Options
    thats the rocko spirit!!!!
  • Options
    Myabe i'm more rocko then I think??? Living off centrelink is the rocko life..stabbin folks with my rocko knife :lol:
  • Options
    hahahahahahahah

rocko poetry at its finest.
    brings a tear to your eye
  • Options
    Do it do it do it
  • Options
    Only a few small problems, being at home its easier to travel and I'd have no where to go as it is. plus i dont make enough money to live out of home at the moment.
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Upon seeing this Thread still on top, I thought I would include MY account to keep the interest up. :)

The Perth night before, my seat was 5 rows back, and smack bang in the middle, and the next night I was row 8, almost smack bang in the middle, but elevated. THAT seat was the best!! Thankyou 10club.

Seat allocation was random like they said, but I met a purple haired dude who slept out in a Ticketek doorway in Newcastle and got FRONT ROW! :D , AWESOME!

During my Ed Experience, I heard him say something along the lines of.......

" You can yell out all the requests you like. It will only be if I read them on this Set List, that I will think your request is a good idea. " ;)

So when I heard some bloke up the back yell out 'Crazy Mary'......I knew it didn't carry on to Ed,
    so, as I too wanted to hear that favourite of mine, I echoed his request and Ed said....." oh, that's right, where's the wine?" and after his next song, broke into Crazy Mary.

Ed also eluded to how big bussiness don't give a s#!t about future generations and that big company greed will see them obtain our most precious resources...I had a feeling Ed was talking about the propossed deal to
    MINE COAL from Margret River :? .

And......ladies and Gentlemen, for my 40th birthday I got everything I wished for. :D

This is one happy camper. :D

I'm just waiting for the right lotto numbers to shout every Aussi/ NZ a PJ20. 8-)

And also, Ed mentioned BOTH Perth nights, that if there was ever a boot from this Tour, PERTH would be IT! :D.......so if you here on that Perth boot, some girly voice requesting Crazy Mary that was us!,..... :D
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Jo wrote:
    I'm just waiting for the right lotto numbers to shout every Aussi/ NZ a PJ20. 8-)
    Thank-you for including us kiwis in that kind offer! ;) I too am buying lotto tickets in the hope of making PJ20 more possible! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    Upon seeing this Thread still on top, I thought I would include MY account to keep the interest up. :)

The Perth night before, my seat was 5 rows back, and smack bang in the middle, and the next night I was row 8, almost smack bang in the middle, but elevated. THAT seat was the best!! Thankyou 10club.

Seat allocation was random like they said, but I met a purple haired dude who slept out in a Ticketek doorway in Newcastle and got FRONT ROW! :D , AWESOME!

During my Ed Experience, I heard him say something along the lines of.......

" You can yell out all the requests you like. It will only be if I read them on this Set List, that I will think your request is a good idea. " ;)

So when I heard some bloke up the back yell out 'Crazy Mary'......I knew it didn't carry on to Ed,
    so, as I too wanted to hear that favourite of mine, I echoed his request and Ed said....." oh, that's right, where's the wine?" and after his next song, broke into Crazy Mary.

Ed also eluded to how big bussiness don't give a s#!t about future generations and that big company greed will see them obtain our most precious resources...I had a feeling Ed was talking about the propossed deal to
    MINE COAL from Margret River :? .

And......ladies and Gentlemen, for my 40th birthday I got everything I wished for. :D

This is one happy camper. :D

And also, Ed mentioned BOTH Perth nights, that if there was ever a boot from this Tour, PERTH would be IT! :D.......so if you here on that Perth boot, some girly voice requesting Crazy Mary that was us!,..... :D

awwww yay for 40th birthday awsomeness :D

they were amazing shows!
  • Options
    insert thisinsert this Posts: 290
    40's good. I like 40 :p