Eddie Vedder
Riverside Theatre Show 2
Perth, AU
April 01, 2011

01. Long Road
02. Don't Be Shy-(Cat Stevens)
03. Brain Damage-(Waters){Pink Floyd}
04. Sometimes
05. Throw Your Arms Around Me-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Mills, Seymour, Smith, Waters) {Hunters & Collectors}
06. Just Breathe
07. Millworker-(James Taylor)
08. Unthought Known
09. Betterman/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) {plays "save it for later" for 30 seconds in "Betterman" outro}
10. Can't Keep
11. Light Today-(new song)
12. Soon Forget
13. No Ceiling
14. Guaranteed
15. Rise
16. Needle and The Damage Done-(Neil Young)
17. Immortality
18. Lukin
19. Porch

Encore Break 1
20. Tonight You Belong To Me w/ EJ Barnes-(Rose/David)
21. You Can Close Your Eyes w/ EJ Barnes-(James Taylor)
22. The Golden State w/ EJ Barnes-(John Doe)
23. Society-(Jerry Hannan)
24. I Am A Patriot-(Steve Van Zandt)
25. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
26. Crazy Mary-(Victoria Williams)
27. Arc

Encore Break 2
28. Rockin' In The Free World w/ EJ Barnes & Cecilia Herbert-(Neil Young)
29. Hard Sun w/ EJ Barnes & Cecilia Herbert-(Gordon Peterson)
Ed brings crew out on stage and thanks them.

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    Nice Thanks Kat :D
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Thanks. Awesome setlist.
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited April 2011
    Another awesome show. Got a swig of Ed's wine during Crazy Mary, my stepson got a little wave from Ed and a classic set list.

Long Road was the perfect opener and it was great to see Ed bring the crew out at the end for a bow. Soon Forget was a welcome inclusion and arc was incredible.

Thanks for coming to Perth Ed, we'll never forget.
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • Options
    gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    Great show to end the tour, thanks.

Thankfull for the 6 shows i was at. great mix of songs and people along the way.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    missislesmissisles Posts: 539
    best three weekends of my life

6 amazing shows
    all of them completely amazing, but for me tonight stole my heart

it was amazing to be surrounded by so much love.

thanks for making the effort to come ed
    amazing songs
    amazing atmosphere
    amazing people :D
    <3
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    beautiful..thanks Kat
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    garbsgarbs Posts: 46
    Excellent gig, loved Long Road to start it off, I'm glad to get my Lukin fix after 4 shows, and to get Crazy Mary, wow. Plus so much more.

Thanks to 10C for awesome tickets, you guys treated us well in Perth.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    Wow. An amazing show I expect to end an amazing tour.Boohoo Oz tour over now but WOW & thank-you Ed!!! Wish I cold have been there for the last show, hey wish I could have been at all shows but so cool to go to some & see you all next time!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Dammit, SIFL - peeps told me it was soundchecked in various places (heh, I can never pull myself away from the pub to hang around the venues for this stuff), and it's finally busted out. Been mouthing the words right across the 8 shows I went to. Come on Ed, you can do it!

Methinks from now on there'll always be some mates showing up to these shows with the full lab coat set up :)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    red_mozziered_mozzie Australia Posts: 30
    thanks a MASSIVE BUNDLE Eddie, 10C and Chugg for an AMAZING two nites¡¡¡ ♥'d every moment .. :D
    rEd mozziE
    ~ i wanna shake .. i wanna wind out .. i wanna leave, this mind and shout ~
  • Options
    Another amazing show last night - was awesome to hear Long Road & Crazy Mary in the mix.

A big thanks to Eddie himself, his management, everyone who lobbied to get him here and Chugg Entertainment for including Perth on the tour. Being able to see him here in Perth saved a lot of heartache - with my limited physical ability flying interstate presented a huge financial and logistical challenge.

The venue choice was brilliant - for once us peeps in chairs actually got to see something instead of being shafted down the back of the venue looking at the ass and head of the person in front of you. While I'm throwing out the compliments - a big thanks goes out to Eddie for giving me the pick on Thurs night and to the other chick in a chair on Friday night, as well as to Ed's personal security guy for giving me the empty bottle of red which was handed around during Crazy Mary.

Finally, Kat (if you're reading this) or to anyone else who might know, I noticed a blonde gal who was part of the crew taking heaps of pics of the show. Is there anyway of purchasing/getting hold of some of these as a memento given the no-camera policy...

Cheers
  • Options
    had a fantastic night thanks to ED and all his crew, you pulled it off, and now its time to end all the excitement and re join the daily grind. heading to the beach to top it all off... but looks like the wind has picked up.

Long Road opening was awesome,
    Don't Be Shy, is an awesome song as well
    Brain Damage, was a nice surprise too
    Just Breathe, beautiful
    Millworker-(James Taylor)
    Unthought Known
    Betterman/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) {plays "save it for later" for 30 seconds in "Betterman" outro}
    Tonight You Belong To Me w/ EJ Barnes-(Rose/David)
    The Golden State w/ EJ Barnes-(John Doe)
    Crazy Mary-(Victoria Williams)
    Arc

these were my favs for the night, nice to see you all again too
    cheers enjoy the rest of the weekend :D
  • Options
    clucas40clucas40 Posts: 21
    WOW... AWESOME SHOW! Thanks Eddie for such a fantastic show, it was beyond amazing!!

I took our 7 year old son - his first ever concert and he was blown away! Thanks to Ten Club for our fantastic seats - row CC. My son Jett was so excited to have Eddie point him out (he was the "8" year old kid up the front that Eddie spoke about) and then apologise for saying "balls" then dropping the "F bomb" during his apology... made our night, Jett was totally stoked!!

Well two fantastic shows, can't believe they are now over!! :cry:

Thanks again Eddie for coming to Perth, you are the best!! :D
  • Options
    clucas40 wrote:
    WOW... AWESOME SHOW! Thanks Eddie for such a fantastic show, it was beyond amazing!!

I took our 7 year old son - his first ever concert and he was blown away! Thanks to Ten Club for our fantastic seats - row CC. My son Jett was so excited to have Eddie point him out (he was the "8" year old kid up the front that Eddie spoke about) and then apologise for saying "balls" then dropping the "F bomb" during his apology... made our night, Jett was totally stoked!!

hahah
    i love that he points out the kids. i cant imagine how awsome that would make a kid feel :D
  • Options
    Crowd was so much louder tonight and the energy was just overwhelming, Once again i got stellar seats from Tenclub..i must have been asleep dreaming again. BB..centre, amazing view, another huge thankyou Tenclub.
    i cant quite grasp.or even comprehend.what ive witnessed these past two nights..
    Lukin, Immortality, Soon Forget, Crazy Mary, and Arc were the highlights for me tonight. Eddie was on fire pretty fast.. said he had to top last nights show as this was the final show of the tour

Yep, very loud crowd, louder than eddies speakers. at one point eddie told people to quit whistling because it went right through the top of his brain and down thru his balls and he gets enough of that from Mike McCready when he plays that note. People Cheered! .
    He apologized to someone he called " Grandma" out in the crowd for saying the word " Balls" and then to someone who had an eight year old son for saying the word "F***" ( who we now know as clucas40 :wave: ) and continued by saying that he tells his kids at home its not the word its how you say the word. Also mentioned the awesome venue and how he was gonna tell the :arrow: BOYS about it when he got home..

When the house lights came on, the whole venue was standing, Eddie played Rocking in the Free World and EJ and Celicia came out for Hard sun with Ed in a Labcoat.. All the crew came out at the end dressed in labcoats and took a bow...eddie had the biggest smile beaming across his face...and the very very very tall dude wearing a face costume on his head Yep, it was Luc Longley.. :lol: !! Just Brilliant!!
    The Warmth, Gratitude and Love rebounding from the crowd to the stage and vice versa was at its peak and if only you could of bottled it and kept it forever!!

The Biggest Thankyou to Tenclub..Eddie and His Extended Family for two unforgettable, somewhat unspeakable, unbelievable, Amazing. Jawdropping nights!! :clap::clap:

i dont think i will ever completely believe my EYES or my EARS.. yep, it must have been a dream!.. the
    greatest!!
    6/3/95 Perth
    7/3/98 Adelaide
    19/3/98 Perth
    20/3/98 Perth
    23/2/03 Perth Met band - E.V, Mike, Stone, Jeff
    25/11/06 Perth "On Beach with Band" Phwarghhh
    14/11/09 Perth
    31/3/11 Perth E.V Show
    1/4/11 Perth E.V Show
    7/2/14 Perth E.V Show
    8/2/14 Perth E.V Show
  • Options
    missisles wrote:
    clucas40 wrote:

hahah
    i love that he points out the kids. i cant imagine how awsome that would make a kid feel :D

Oh yeah... he can't stop talking about it, talk about excitement!! :D
  • Options
    Crowd was so much louder tonight and the energy was just overwhelming, Once again i got stellar seats from Tenclub..i must have been asleep dreaming again. BB..centre, amazing view, another huge thankyou Tenclub.
    i cant quite grasp.or even comprehend.what ive witnessed these past two nights..
    Lukin, Immortality, Soon Forget, Crazy Mary, and Arc were the highlights for me tonight. Eddie was on fire pretty fast.. said he had to top last nights show as this was the final show of the tour

Yep, very loud crowd, louder than eddies speakers. at one point eddie told people to quit whistling because it went right through the top of his brain and down thru his balls and he gets enough of that from Mike McCready when he plays that note. People Cheered! .
    He apologized to someone he called " Grandma" out in the crowd for saying the word " Balls" and then to someone who had an eight year old son for saying the word "F***" ( who we now know as clucas40 :wave: ) and continued by saying that he tells his kids at home its not the word its how you say the word. Also mentioned the awesome venue and how he was gonna tell the :arrow: BOYS about it when he got home..

When the house lights came on, the whole venue was standing, Eddie played Rocking in the Free World and EJ and Celicia came out for Hard sun with Ed in a Labcoat.. All the crew came out at the end dressed in labcoats and took a bow...eddie had the biggest smile beaming across his face...and the very very very tall dude wearing a face costume on his head Yep, it was Luc Longley.. :lol: !! Just Brilliant!!
    The Warmth, Gratitude and Love rebounding from the crowd to the stage and vice versa was at its peak and if only you could of bottled it and kept it forever!!

The Biggest Thankyou to Tenclub..Eddie and His Extended Family for two unforgettable, somewhat unspeakable, unbelievable, Amazing. Jawdropping nights!! :clap::clap:

i dont think i will ever completely believe my EYES or my EARS.. yep, it must have been a dream!.. the
    greatest!!

Hey :wave: great review of the night, couldn't agree more... unforgettable!! Jett can't stop talking about how Eddie talked about him... he's beyond excited!!

Looking forward to the next tour... let's hope it's not too far away!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    clucas40 wrote:

greatest!!

Hey :wave: great review of the night, couldn't agree more... unforgettable!! Jett can't stop talking about how Eddie talked about him... he's beyond excited!!

Looking forward to the next tour... let's hope it's not too far away!! :thumbup:

Hopefully many more unforgettable shows for Jett!! :-D
    6/3/95 Perth
    7/3/98 Adelaide
    19/3/98 Perth
    20/3/98 Perth
    14/11/09 Perth
    31/3/11 Perth E.V Show
    1/4/11 Perth E.V Show
    7/2/14 Perth E.V Show
    8/2/14 Perth E.V Show
  • Options
    i have decided to print out the setlists from both shows and stick them on my bedroom wall... i want to see the songs and remember each one and how i experienced each one.. over and over so it will be memorised and re lived over and over..in my mind.... :D im very impressed with my girls eddie vedder tour singlet by the way, it fits great! very impressed!!
    6/3/95 Perth
    7/3/98 Adelaide
    19/3/98 Perth
    20/3/98 Perth
    14/11/09 Perth
    31/3/11 Perth E.V Show
    1/4/11 Perth E.V Show
    7/2/14 Perth E.V Show
    8/2/14 Perth E.V Show
  • Options
    clucas40 wrote:

greatest!!

Hopefully many more unforgettable shows for Jett!! :-D

Definitely!! :D
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    eV told the story of Luke and how he got his name, eV's famous ukulele, Luke, was named after the first Aussie he met in Australia, Luke Longley the 7ft b baller, whom he met in Fremantle. Felt his uke was so small, naming him after Luke gave the uke something to strive for. Also said that Luke has done so many times over.
    whistling, eV asked for everyone to chill on the whistling that after years of standing next to McCready's amps, the whistling went from his ears to his balls, and not in a good way.

great show, got immortality, long road, crazy mary, and unthought known (second time), only missed out on Santa Cruz, but i wasn't going to yell out like the rest of the idiots, lol

worth the trip, thank you Perth, eV especially for sharing your wine it was delicious, and Luke.

had to run to my room to take care of some work for what I thought was a moment, but over an hour later I had just finished, so it sucked that I missed out on saying good bye to some great WA's. Will definitely shoot for returning to see PJ in Perth their next visit to the continent, and hope that it will be soon.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    we miss ya already :D

we waited out front for you for aaaaaaaaaaages!
    was an absolutely pleasure to have met you
    and so many other wonderful people on this latest tour
  • Options
    CA49120CA49120 Perth Posts: 4
    Oh my goodness....what a perfect night. Musical utopia personified.

Sincere, honest, haunting, familiar (yet), mesmerizing, spellbinding, awesome.

Thank you Eddie for giving us two wonderful nights with yourself.

For me its hard to extract highlights as i was on a high all night (both nights). But "Porch" was just awesome, played with the energy of the original and it had the crowd on its feet both nights. "The End" had me in a trance (played on the first night)...the acoustics of the room making that a crystal clear perfect rendition. And...the obscure "Arc" (reminiscent of 'The Wolf' from the Into The Wild soundrack) was i think in all honesty the most amazing experience i have ever had at a live gig, ever. A darkened stage, live layering of howls, chants, bellows and crys just had me (and the whole audience) completely and utterly awestruck. THAT was the epitomy for me. An absolutely religious experience, and i am not religious! I struggle to find the words to describe the two Perth evenings. Musical utopia personified. Cheers Eddie!

Back to my tree...
  • Options
    missisles wrote:

Lucky you...damn I hung around for a while but gave up in the end...where did you meet him? Was there much of a crowd?

Either way I'm stoked with a pick and the wine bottle
  • Options
    sideshow77 wrote:
    missisles wrote:

Lucky you...damn I hung around for a while but gave up in the end...where did you meet him? Was there much of a crowd?

i meant scott :D

we seen ed get in his car out the back?
  • Options
    insert thisinsert this Posts: 290
    missisles wrote:
    sideshow77 wrote:
    missisles wrote:

Heheh. That was alot of fun doing that :)
  • Options
    missisles wrote:
    sideshow77 wrote:

Heheh. That was alot of fun doing that :)

and im very happy that it wasnt poison ivy
    or at least if it was its slow reacting :D
  • Options
    Lukin73Lukin73 Posts: 13
    i can easily say this show was one of the greatest experiences of my life! it all started when i opened the envelope and saw we had row BB!!!!! i've been front row at 3 pj gigs before through the years (rome '93, perth '09 and berlin '10), but this was the closest i've ever seen Ed!!!
    since we're talking of kids, i took my 12 year old nephew and he loved it! especially when Ed gave him the guitar pick at the end! :D
    i went to this gig feeling blessed that i had the chance to go, since we nearly missed out, and thinking that i didn't care which songs he was going to play...but at the back of my mind i had "Crazy Mary" lingering coz i had never heard it live and i love it, so immagine when i heard that opening Am chord!!!! definitely one of my highlights!
    someone before said Arc was a religious experience, i couldn't agree more...i thought i reached the nirvana! i had goose bumps all over...
    i could keep writing all night, but for those of you that where there you know how amazing it was and for those who weren't there no words could describe the gig well enough to give you a taste of it!
    thank you so much Eddie. come back ( ;) ). I LOVE YOU!!!!
  • Options
    pmosespmoses Posts: 12
    What a mind blowing earth moving experience Friday night was.

I lost my 18 year old cousin in a car accident 3 days before the last PJ concert in Perth. She was meant to come to the concert with me for my birthday the day after the gig. On Friday I took her mum, my mum and her boyfriend and without a doubt she was there with us. We all had tears in our eyes from start to finish.

I came back down to earth with a crash on Saturday....all can think is that nothing ever has topped that experience, and fear nothing ever will.

Thankyou Mr Eddie Vedder for a night I will never forget.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pag ... 24?sk=wall
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    pmoses wrote:
    What a mind blowing earth moving experience Friday night was.

I lost my 18 year old cousin in a car accident 3 days before the last PJ concert in Perth. She was meant to come to the concert with me for my birthday the day after the gig. On Friday I took her mum, my mum and her boyfriend and without a doubt she was there with us. We all had tears in our eyes from start to finish.

I came back down to earth with a crash on Saturday....all can think is that nothing ever has topped that experience, and fear nothing ever will.

Thankyou Mr Eddie Vedder for a night I will never forget.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pag ... 24?sk=wall

Things like this make me smile...music is easily the best form of art :)