Strip Clubs...what's the point?

cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I used to love to try and get into strip clubs when I was 16 or 17, probably because of the rush of getting past the doorman and being a teenager. I've even gone with women friends as well. But now I just think it is a big waste of money to pay a cover charge, tip girls and in some cases, pay even more money for a private show.

Even in my early twenties while in college, I would rather go to a decent bar and try to meet a girl there. Now, I didn't get to see boobs right away every time, but the chase is more fun to me then just surrendering and paying for the opportunity to see naked women. Besides, how can you even fantasize about a stripper being in your bed when you know damn well they have diseases, addictions, issues or all of these.

I just don't get it. Are guys that would rather frequent strip clubs than meet real women insecure, lacking confidence, or dare I say it, ugly? Do they think that they couldn't get a girl with striking features at a bar or other establishment? Or is it just entertainment for the night to blow dome extra money?

I don't know. I would rather spend my money on other things... And I am a heterosexual man.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I've never been to one.

In fact I don't know if there are any near where I live. Which probably explains why hubby hasn't either.

I guess I don't really qualify to say what the point is.

I'll leave now.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    waste of money

it was cool once or twice when you turn 18, or maybe you are drunk and 21 and need a not so cheap thrill...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    WHY? YOU DON'T LIKE PAYING $ 15 FOR AN AMSTEL LIGHT
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    total waste of money and I am not a fan of the hustle

but once in a blue moon, its fun to have a woman in a g-string shake her boobs in your face
  • RosdowerRosdower Posts: 119
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Besides, how can you even fantasize about a stripper being in your bed when you know damn well they have diseases, addictions, issues or all of these.

that's a little harsh don't you think?...or maybe jumping to concluisions...
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I went to a strip club once with some guy friends when I lived in New Orleans. It was just nasty. I only 'wasted' $5 on a drink, but I'm a girl, so.... but my boyfriend has never been to one and says he doesn't have a care in the world to go to one. He says they're 'skanks' and he wouldn't spend his money on it. Some guys apparently love it, though.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Rosdower wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Besides, how can you even fantasize about a stripper being in your bed when you know damn well they have diseases, addictions, issues or all of these.

that's a little harsh don't you think?...or maybe jumping to concluisions...

some are :lol:

some are just girls trying to make ends meet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I went to this strip club. In New York once. It was my buddies turn to buy a round. 85$ for 4 grey goose and tonics. ;):lol::lol::lol:

He was pissed

Strip clubs are pretty pointless if you get tang on a regular basis.
  • bennett13bennett13 Posts: 439
    This thread reminds me of one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs. Now I love Bob's music and I love Bob as a songwriter, but I definitely wasn't buying his bullshit when he sang in "Tangled Up in Blue":

"She was working in a topless place and I stopped in for a beer."

Suuuure, Bob....you just stopped in for a $10 beer! :roll:
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    I've never equated going to a strip club with trying to meet or pick up women. To me it's just entertainment. Then again, the only times I've ever gone to a strip club has been during bachelor parties. I've never just wanted to go to one as a way to spend an evening. I guess if someone likes going to them, then that's their prerogative.

Also, I don't get the comment about the girls being dirty and diseased. That seems to just play into stereotypes a little too much.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    It's been years since I've been to one but I certainly never went there thinking I was going to get laid. Like someone else said it's just a form of entertainment. I've been to a couple of 'feature' shows too and those were actually kind of fun. The regulars do seem kind of creepy. And you know going in that drinks won't be cheap, why would you order GreyGoose at a strip club? It's just like looking at a Playboy, well maybe a raunchier mag. I've known several strippers over the years and your stereotypes are far from true.
    #FHP
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    EmBleve wrote:
    but my boyfriend has never been to one and says he doesn't have a care in the world to go to one. He says they're 'skanks' and he wouldn't spend his money on it.

translation: VIP member at Ms Kittys Exotic Dance Bar and Muffin Shop
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I used to go to one every friday when i was 19, for like a year straight, leave work stressed the hell out, have two beers, get a massage and sometimes a lap dance, $50, leave very relaxed.

the massage was the best part, she would stradle you, put your face on her boobs and massage your neck and shoulders.

I havent been to one in over 10 years, probably never will again.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Me and most of my closest friends have been a handful of times (mostly when we we were younger though, early 20's). I could take it or leave it. It is too expensive, but sometimes its fun with a group.

But what I dont understand is a few friends who are in their 30's (more like aquaintences) who frequent these places. I think its a weird addiciton that I cant understand. I have a friend who is married and his wife says she doesnt care, but he goes to strip clubs almost every weekend. So weird, but I think some people have more of a voyeur fetish or something. Or maybe they want to be disconnected from sex, ie not have to talk to women, or maybe they're afraid of opening up to women and making a connection in a more traditional setting.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    polaris_x wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    but my boyfriend has never been to one and says he doesn't have a care in the world to go to one. He says they're 'skanks' and he wouldn't spend his money on it.

translation: VIP member at Ms Kittys Exotic Dance Bar and Muffin Shop
    :lol::lol: I better not find out about it or he can move in with Ms Kitty!! :mrgreen: But, yeah, I realized how that sounded. :D
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Huge waste of money.

Although there is this strip club around where I grew up that used to have a $10 cover charge and once you got in it was all you can drink bottles of beer. You'd just have to tip the waitress every time she brought another round. It was a pretty nice deal if you could control yourself and not buy any lap dances. I think the place still has the same deal, but its a $10 cover and now $1.50 bottles which is still a nice deal.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    we went to a strip club this past weekend in Toronto for 2 straight nights.

I retired from strip clubs a long time ago and dont enjoy them really. I get tired of constantly turning down a stripper's invite to shakedown street.
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Get_Right wrote:
    but once in a blue moon, its fun to have a woman in a g-string shake her boobs in your face

The fact that this is written so nonchalantly made me laugh really hard :lol::lol::lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    You guys are complaining about $10 beers at a club? $9 beers at White River concerts here...and I'm sure you could ask some drunk girl to give you a free show....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    Get_Right wrote:

The fact that this is written so nonchalantly made me laugh really hard :lol::lol::lol:
    that was my intention :lol:
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    RKCNDY wrote:
    You guys are complaining about $10 beers at a club? $9 beers at White River concerts here...and I'm sure you could ask some drunk girl to give you a free show....

Especially with Def Leppard coming in Sept. You may find a nice girl there wearing some 80's getup..
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    They're boring.

and at times pretty trashy.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    strip clubs are a tease to me. how the hell am i supposed to have boobs in my face and not touch em. for the amount of i'd spend at a strip club, i'd rather get a hooker off of backpage.com and take em to the commack inn. locals will get this.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I used to work at one...
    Those thongs are uncomfortable...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I used to work at one...
    Those thongs are uncomfortable...
    how did it feel dancing for guys

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Huge waste of money.

Although there is this strip club around where I grew up that used to have a $10 cover charge and once you got in it was all you can drink bottles of beer. You'd just have to tip the waitress every time she brought another round. It was a pretty nice deal if you could control yourself and not buy any lap dances. I think the place still has the same deal, but its a $10 cover and now $1.50 bottles which is still a nice deal.

sounds like a real classy joint

where is this?
    metsfan wrote:
    strip clubs are a tease to me. how the hell am i supposed to have boobs in my face and not touch em. for the amount of i'd spend at a strip club, i'd rather get a hooker off of backpage.com and take em to the commack inn. locals will get this.

although i do love places that charge by the hour

you just flushed your slim dating thread chances down the drain
    edited April 2011
    just can't seem to get away from me eh bostonlou

:wave:
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    crazypjfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Especially with Def Leppard coming in Sept. You may find a nice girl there wearing some 80's getup..

like this girl?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb6nqoYEtPWs0bCXkYUcnOreBMk-vw-jV5rmQkF7LTbAIdIxTV
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    i'm much funnier than my man blou

:thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.