Options

**Detroit Wishlist Eddie Vedder Pre-Party & Fundraiser**

Comments

• Options
    faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Hats off so far to the planners of the pre-party! As an out-of-towner, I

Curious to where the majority of the other travellers will be staying? Any hotel better than another? See you all in June!

I got a hotel in Windsor. Holiday Inn for $87 taxes in. Windsor is only about 1-3 km to the Fox, so you can easily take a bus or cab into Detroit.

fyi I used priceline.
    You will have to take a bus. A cab will cost way too much. Bus runs ever 30 min.
    Give yourself time too, cause customs are dicks. And you will have to walk to the fox from the tunnel. It will take a good 25 min to get there. And it's a safe walk too. Nothing to worry about. I've done it many times.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    You will have to take a bus. A cab will cost way too much. Bus runs ever 30 min.
    Give yourself time too, cause customs are dicks. And you will have to walk to the fox from the tunnel. It will take a good 25 min to get there. And it's a safe walk too. Nothing to worry about. I've done it many times.

Hey thanks for the info. Wouldn't a cab only take a few minutes or is it expensive because we'll likely have to wait at the border for a while?

I google maped it and it looks like a cab it less than 10min. It looks like I can walk too. I likely won't, but can you really walk across near the tunnel? - http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s ... 55747&z=15
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

Hey thanks for the info. Wouldn't a cab only take a few minutes or is it expensive because we'll likely have to wait at the border for a while?

I google maped it and it looks like a cab it less than 10min. It looks like I can walk too. I likely won't, but can you really walk across near the tunnel? - http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s ... 55747&z=15
    You cant walk across tunnel. And a cab is going to charge you a lot because of tunnel fare there and back. And just for the simple fact that you need a cab, they will jack the price up big time. Bus is the way to go. Trust me. The walk from the tunnel will not take long. Like I said, bout 25 min if that. And don't think that you will get jacked or anything cause it's Detroit. It's downtown and there are plenty of people around. I've taken the bus and walked there many times. Take bus. ;)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    You cant walk across tunnel. And a cab is going to charge you a lot because of tunnel fare there and back. And just for the simple fact that you need a cab, they will jack the price up big time. Bus is the way to go. Trust me. The walk from the tunnel will not take long. Like I said, bout 25 min if that. And don't think that you will get jacked or anything cause it's Detroit. It's downtown and there are plenty of people around. I've taken the bus and walked there many times. Take bus. ;)

Okay, okay I'm convinced ; )

The reason I was against the bus is I thought I read it only goes across at specific times. We may go across early in the afternoon so we weren't sure if we'd be able to catch a bus. I'm sure it'll all work out but thanks again for the info and letting me know you can't walk across.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    zarocat wrote:
    zarocat wrote:
    zarocat wrote:
    I would like to find a ride down to Detroit from the Toronto area

Bump

Bump Bump

Bump
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    katelliskatellis Posts: 513
    edited June 2015
    --
    Post edited by katellis on
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    mr_canada + 3
  • Options
    brunobellbrunobell Posts: 72
    brunobell + 5
    2006 Toronto II
    2008 Toronto II (EV)
    2009 Toronto
    2010 Cleveland, Buffalo,
    2011 Detroit (EV), East Troy I and II, Montreal, Toronto I and II, Hamilton
    2012 Philadelphia
  • Options
    Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Detroit ROCKS!!!

Can it just be June already?!?!? Grrrr.
  • Options
    yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313
    Is it just me or is this Pre-Party turning out to be bigger then any of the others???
    Chelli's is gonna be rockin!!!
  • Options
    yooperpj wrote:
    Is it just me or is this Pre-Party turning out to be bigger then any of the others???
    ya its looking that way. im gonna have to hold on to my donation all day as a means of getting in ;)
    cause if it ends up like the toronto 09 one that was a debacle, i wont be getting in. and thats dot a knock to the organisers either. we just couldnt get in and it sucked, and the staff there were goofs.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    yooperpj wrote:
    ya its looking that way. im gonna have to hold on to my donation all day as a means of getting in ;)
    cause if it ends up like the toronto 09 one that was a debacle, i wont be getting in. and thats dot a knock to the organisers either. we just couldnt get in and it sucked, and the staff there were goofs.

OMG that was such a disaster, big disapointment I couldn't get in for that

so hopefully Detroit will not be similar
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    yooperpj wrote:

Boy I hope not! That palce was just too small for us. With Cheli's they have 3 levels and can hold about 600 people. We have about 200 coming.....and a Tigers game letting out at 4:30.

Unfortunately the Detroit crew with the help of some locals in Toronto put together that Toronto party. I think we just picked the wrong place. I was so mad when I heard that people with raffle tickets went outside to smoke , then couldn't get back inside. I remember climbing out on the stairwell of the 2nd floor and yelling the raffle numbers to the people outside.....NOT FUN!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    :D
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    yooperpj wrote:

Boy I hope not! That palce was just too small for us. With Cheli's they have 3 levels and can hold about 600 people. We have about 200 coming.....and a Tigers game letting out at 4:30.

Unfortunately the Detroit crew with the help of some locals in Toronto put together that Toronto party. I think we just picked the wrong place. I was so mad when I heard that people with raffle tickets went outside to smoke , then couldn't get back inside. I remember climbing out on the stairwell of the 2nd floor and yelling the raffle numbers to the people outside.....NOT FUN!
    Ya, like I said, not busting the organizers balls, just a shitty place. And I was one who went out to smoke and not let back in. I was gonna smash the bouncer in his cocky mouth too. Lol. I brought people with me too, told them how awesome preparties were. Boy was I getting my balls busted.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    wow, that was worse than what I experience, couldn't even attempt upstairs so hung out in the back on the patio with a bunch of us, which worked out allright, but I missed seeing a whole bunch of boardmembers, did see someone climb the fire escape ladder on the side of the building to get to the party on the top patio.

That and walking through the Ex fairgrounds twice kinda sucked
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    mikepmikep Posts: 290
    haha yeah i remember that TO one too. Had some friends and they were bustin my balls too. Yelled at some bouncers and usher girls a little much regrettably but later apologized, but indeed it was a pain in the but and just sorta bad luck as i bet there was lots of peeps there not there for pj at all. ahhh good memories either way especially when the show got goin!
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • Options
    Yeah it will be much better than the Toronto party!

• Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    I'm looking for a ride from TO to detroit for myself and my girlfriend - if anyone's interested, please PM me. I'll gladly pay for the gas :D

I'm also still looking for a pair of tickets :lol:
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    I'm on the lookout for a single, but I might just resort to Ticketmaster or StubHub, since singles are usually fairly easy to find. I also have an extra ticket to the Tigers game that afternoon now, so I might also be looking for someone to join me for that in the near future.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Thanks to the members who messaged me about a ticket! You can add me to the list now. I was already in the Facebook event. I'll also offer up my Immortality single from Record Store Day, though I know a bunch of those have already been donated.

If anyone wants to join me for the Tigers/Diamondbacks game that afternoon, just send me a message. I have an extra ticket for row B of the upper right field box. I bought two tickets a little below face value, and now I only have use for one. I could always find a friend or family member to drag along to the game, but I figured I'd ask here first.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Thanks to the members who messaged me about a ticket! You can add me to the list now. I was already in the Facebook event. I'll also offer up my Immortality single from Record Store Day, though I know a bunch of those have already been donated.

If anyone wants to join me for the Tigers/Diamondbacks game that afternoon, just send me a message. I have an extra ticket for row B of the upper right field box. I bought two tickets a little below face value, and now I only have use for one. I could always find a friend or family member to drag along to the game, but I figured I'd ask here first.

Very nice! Thank You.

• Options
    bump to get back ahead of all the PJ20 threads!

• Options
    DeeitloDeeitlo Posts: 93
    Don't know if it's been said but the tigers will be retiring the late, great Sparky Andersons jersey that afternoon during their game vs Arizona. Kurt Gibson is the D-Backs manager and Trammel is the bench coach, so it should be a cool historical event for you sport snobs like myself. June 26 will be a great day in Detroit.
    No matter how cold a Winter, there's a Spring time ahead...
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    yooperpj wrote:

It's because it's Detroit Rock City and we've been denied PJ/Eddie for a few years! :P
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    I have a couple REALLY good friends that want to go to the show (Detroit obviously). If anynoe has ANY extras please let me know. They will be at the pre-party and will have plenty of cash.

Thank you in advance!!

Dirty Tom

• Options
    Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    I have a couple REALLY good friends that want to go to the show (Detroit obviously). If anynoe has ANY extras please let me know. They will be at the pre-party and will have plenty of cash.

Thank you in advance!!

Dirty Tom

Sorry, literally just found a partner in crime for the show.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Options
    bump

• Options
    Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Do we know where the after party is going to be yet? I just booked my hotel, so I'm starting to get itchy for this thing.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...