Options

**Detroit Wishlist Eddie Vedder Pre-Party & Fundraiser**

Comments

• Options
    Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    pearljim wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

They said they'd contact me Monday. And it's Chelios.

He was born Christos Tselios. . . Chelios is what he anglicized it too. Are you a wings fan Mr. Tom? Wouldn't want a Sabres fan showing you up about your own players? :D

Ouch Tom he got ya :)

Although we could show him our Stanley Cups :)

You don't have to. . . I've seen them already. :cry:
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Options
    ericpatericpat Posts: 15
    I'm in + 1! It's going to be sweet! E-D-D-I-E!
    "See the path cut by the moon..... For you to walk on."

Grand Rapids, MI 5/19/06
    EV Detroit, MI 6/26/11
    PJ 20 East Troy, WI 9/3/11
  • Options
    Alive 83Alive 83 Posts: 38
    pearljim wrote:
    Alive 83 wrote:
    Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for all the work you guys are doing, especially for us out-of-towners. :clap: Posting the hotel info and blocks was a huge help for those who have not been to Detroit.
    Now this may be a stupid question, but do we have to attend the pre-party to stay at the blocks in the hotels? Work schedules don't give us enough time to get there until right before the show :x
    Thanks!

Good question - I think you should HAVE to attend the pre party :) But reality is you do NOT have to attend (but you'd miss out on all the cool people :) )

Agreed!
    And the cause couldn't be better (Beneficiary: Michigan Humane Society) or closer to our hearts. Not to mention there is no better group of people to hang with than fellow fans of Eddie. :mrgreen:
    If work schedules allow (or if we have to play hooky) we may see you there to help the cause!
    Blame it all on chemical intercourse...

*Denver CO April 1 2003
    *ACL Oct 4 2009
    *Columbus OH May 6 2010
    *Noblesville IN May 7 2010
    *Bridge School Oct 23+24 2010
    *PJ20 Sept 3+4 2011
    **Eddie Solo:*Detroit June 26th 2011 *Chicago June 29 2011
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Big Drop wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    Any word from Mr. Tselios yet?

They said they'd contact me Monday. And it's Chelios.

He was born Christos Tselios. . . Chelios is what he anglicized it too. Are you a wings fan Mr. Tom? Wouldn't want a Sabres fan showing you up about your own players? :D

That response just made my morning!! And to think I was talking to a NON hockey fan...very nice!

And for the record i'm also a huge Sabres fan. One of my all time favorites was Alexander Mogilny #89!!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Hi All,

I'm in plus 3. We're coming down from Hamilton. Cheers!
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    Alive 83 wrote:
    Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for all the work you guys are doing, especially for us out-of-towners. :clap: Posting the hotel info and blocks was a huge help for those who have not been to Detroit.
    Now this may be a stupid question, but do we have to attend the pre-party to stay at the blocks in the hotels? Work schedules don't give us enough time to get there until right before the show :x
    Thanks!

Absolutely NOT. You don't have to go to the pre-party to utilize the hotel deals. Yes, we would obviously love for you to be there, but it's not mandatory.

• Options
    Dirty Tom wrote:

And for the record i'm also a huge Sabres fan. One of my all time favorites was Alexander Mogilny #89!!

Alexander the Great. He was just unbelievable. It still blows my mind I don't know how many years later that Bure, Federov, and Mogilny all defected to the NHL. Honestly, I think the Wings got the best deal out of those teams by landing Federov, but could you imagine if they all went to one NHL team?

I still think it's wrong that Hasek and Mogilny's numbers aren't hanging from the rafters in HSBC. Lafontaine wouldn't have been half the star he was without Mogilny.

If the Sabres make it deep into the playoffs this year, there's a good chance you'll get to see me with a sweet beard at the pre-party. If they dink out of the first round, I'll probably be clean shaven.
  • Options
    I def have a 03 Dallas poster to donate. Just can't pm on my phone.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    hockeygrrlhockeygrrl Posts: 141
    Big Drop wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Alexander the Great. He was just unbelievable. It still blows my mind I don't know how many years later that Bure, Federov, and Mogilny all defected to the NHL. Honestly, I think the Wings got the best deal out of those teams by landing Federov, but could you imagine if they all went to one NHL team?

I still think it's wrong that Hasek and Mogilny's numbers aren't hanging from the rafters in HSBC. Lafontaine wouldn't have been half the star he was without Mogilny.

If the Sabres make it deep into the playoffs this year, there's a good chance you'll get to see me with a sweet beard at the pre-party. If they dink out of the first round, I'll probably be clean shaven.

I could never imagine the Wings without the Russian Five. They were what made me become a hockey fan, Fedorov, Larionov, Kozlov, Fetisov, and Konstantinov. They also helped me become very good at pronouncing Russian names. :) I miss hockey...
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    hellojoehellojoe Posts: 76
    hey all, i'm in! coming over from berlin germany, can't wait! :D:D:D

Anne :wave:
  • Options
    hellojoe wrote:

Yeah? Who's getting the second ticket? You should bring Leeze with you!
  • Options
    hellojoehellojoe Posts: 76
    edited April 2011
    Big Drop wrote:
    hellojoe wrote:

Yeah? Who's getting the second ticket? You should bring Leeze with you!

hey :D well there is no second ticket, i got a single from ticketmaster...

is leeze coming? hey leeze are you coming? :D:D there's still regular detroit tix available from ticketmaster right now!

anybody care to share a room for the two nights 25-26th? :D

EDIT ok, found a room mate! :D:D
    Post edited by hellojoe on
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Anyone need a pair of tix - 2nd row Mezz. I really don't want to put them on ebay. Face value of course.
  • Options
    rodentrodent Posts: 133
  • Options
    rodent wrote:

Piss.

Maybe if Probie didn't like coke so much he could be at Cheli's partying with us.
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Big Drop wrote:
    rodent wrote:

Piss.

Maybe if Probie didn't like coke so much he could be at Cheli's partying with us.

Too soon, too soon...
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    rodent wrote:

Piss.

Too soon, too soon...

Oh everyone knows it's not like it's anything shocking. It's really a shame he didn't take better care of himself. A lot of people looked up to him for the guy he was on the ice but unfortunately he couldn't control himself off the ice.
  • Options
    Big Drop wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Can you imagine if the Wings picked LaFontaine instead of Yzerman!>!>! That would've been a Detroit Tragedy!

• Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Can you imagine if the Wings picked LaFontaine instead of Yzerman!>!>! That would've been a Detroit Tragedy!

Yes, that would have been. Speaking of Yzerman ... his team this year is the team I consider to be the sleeper upset team for the playoffs. Don't count the boys in Tampa Bay out. But I think it's going to be a Philadelphia / Vancouver final for the cup
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Let's not even think about this.
  • Options
    Dirty Tom wrote:

I think LaFontaine would have been extraordinary for the wings just like he was for the Sabres. The only thing would have been if Detroit took LaFontaine that means that the Islanders probably picked Yzerman. . . which, I mean. . . That's awkward to think about.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    Zarocat has a good idea that i'm putting up on the main thread.

Anybody who wants to share hotel accomodations and/or a ride to Chicago from Detroit.....please get together.

I found someone to share a room with in Detroit (and that someone for Chicago too plus another). Thank you Dirty Tom very, very much. Probably wouldn't have happened without you putting the information on the board. I owe you man. See you at the pre-party in Detroit. Also, about the ride from Detroit to Chicago ... i'll be hopping onto the AMTRAK on June 27th. 30 bucks, not bad.

Now, how am I getting to Detroit seeing that I would like to be (from the Toronto area) in the states by 12pm and 2pm at the latest ... :D The Detroit border is the worst for customs. Fine-tooth comb to say the least.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Wow, didn't know about the Chelios / EV connection. Now it makes sense why that would be the best place..and rooftop bar also...cool. Can't wait... :D
    "BE SOUND..."
  • Options
    Can't wait to visit Detroit and see Eddie! We will come to the pre-party. My husband loves the Tigers and we are going to the game beforehand. Is it close to the pre-party place?
    And he who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    Can't wait to visit Detroit and see Eddie! We will come to the pre-party. My husband loves the Tigers and we are going to the game beforehand. Is it close to the pre-party place?

If the pre-party is at Cheli's, it's right across the street from the ball park.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    add me and hubby, mysmallself :)

Will look around for donations soon.

I'm glad Michigan Humane Society was picked. I like WAG animal rescue here - http://www.waganimalrescue.com/

I'm just wondering if there could be more than one benefit? Because I was thinking about THAW (http://www.thawfund.org/about_us/index.html). When hubby was laid off for 1 1/2 years, they helped us a little bit with bills, especially during the winter. They said they were in need of donations... so many people in need of assistance. Just a thought. :)

Great job on making this happen so fast!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Great news everyone! I just heard back from Cheli's Chili Bar...and were in!!

I'm updating the thread with more information about the bar.

When I return from vacation, I will update further.

• Options
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Yay!!! :clap: :thumbup:
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Dirty Tom wrote:

VERY NICE!!!!!! :D
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Ta-da!

I just looked at the menu for Chelio's and the prices (food) are fantastic. You would have to at least double those costs up here in Toronto.