Options

*** Ed Tour - Sydney Fanviews Here 03/19/11 ***

Comments

• Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    No Coder wrote:
    Long Road, I am a Patriot and Crazy Mary - Very Jealous. Another great set list

Ya Ed has really stepped up his game.... especially with the setlists... Cant wait to hear some of these shows.... Lets go HARTFORD rumor in June!!!

Long Road, Patriot Crazy Mary RITFW those are some serious treats for a ed show!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    That guy was right infront of us, he didnt shut up after that bit with ed... he was constantly talking with his mate, made it harder to hear the music being played which was unfortunate. In general there was a lot of the chit chat stuff happening during non Pearl Jam songs.... Pretty frustrated with that. It was like he was on crack and some, and then his mate was a bit tanked and dropped his beer all over the place. Insane.

Anyway, I thought the show was good, Elderly Woman had an insane atmosphere to it, really really cool, but then around us it seemed like he lost some of the intimate feel when he went into some other tunes. Sad to see so many people get up and leave during Millworker to either take a leak or have a beer or whatever.

I agree with everyone on that Crazy Mary was a deadset highlight. Of the 3 shows I went to, I think this was probably ranked 3rd best for me, Newcastle and Syd 1 were better (those hard to pick which was better of those 2). Also loved hearing Cant Keep on the Uke, that was sweet. And as mentioned, Long Road was amazing!

Anyway, Thanks for the awesome times Ed, great shows and I wish I could have afforded to go tonight! Im jealous of everyone that can afford to travel around and view a lot of shows. Would be unreal. (I guess I am super super lucky seeing 3 as is, freaking amazing)!

Oh and last note... I loved Golden State each and every night, was really cool :)
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
    I love you 10c for the upgrade from Row M on Friday to Row B left of centre for this show. I couldn't believe it when I opened the envelope.

As for the show, what can I say, I'll be on a high for weeks to come. Long Road, Thumbing My Way, Better Days and Patriot were major highlights.
  • Options
    GavinMGavinM Posts: 3
    Kat wrote:
    Ed Vedder: Sydney, AU Show March 19, 2011
    STATE THEATER

1. Long Road
    2. Sometimes
    3. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    4. Driftin'
    5. Parting Ways
    6. Thumbing My Way
    7. Can't Keep
    8. Without You-(New Song)
    9. Millworker-(James Taylor)
    10. Setting Forth
    11. Far Behind
    12. Guaranteed
    13. Rise
    14. Just Breathe
    15. Lukin
    16. Porch
    17. Better Days

Encore Break 1
    18. You Can Close Your Eyes w/ EJ Barnes-(James Taylor)
    19. The Golden State w/ EJ Barnes-(John Doe)
    20. Society-(Jerry Hannan)
    21. I Am A Patriot-(Steve Van Zandt)
    22. Wishlist
    23. Crazy Mary-(Victoria Williams)

Encore Break 2
    24. Rockin' In The Free World w/ EJ Barns & Cecilia Herbert-(Neil Young)
    25. Hard Sun w/ EJ Barns & Cecilia Herbert-(Gordon Peterson)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    slowlukinloverslowlukinlover Sydney, Australia Posts: 6
    What an AWESOME show - even better than last night, if that's possible!

Loved the variation in the set-list from the previous night - also loved that he brought out the harmonica and mandolin (Rise), and that version of Can't Keep on the Ukelele was brilliant!

SHUT UP, all you bogans!! I'm almost embarrassed to be an Australian, hearing that guy yelling out :x

Wishlist and Crazy Mary were a surprise treat for someone (like me) who's yet to see PJ live. :D:D:D
  • Options
    RW210326RW210326 Posts: 7
    I was moved to tears by Rise. It's like that mandolin just reaches inside your chest and sets your spirit free. I'm surprised there's not been more mention of can't keep on the uke, inspired by his earlier trip to Syd Uni manning bar and the cosmic psychos. Porch for me was a highlight too, i had to keep forcing myself to sit back down on the mezz level. but like a jack in the box i just kept popping up again. Same for RITFW. Can't wait to see what treats are instore for us kiddies tonight.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    EXCELLENT last show on my tour! The handshake with Ed 1st, the best seat I've had, the setlist, seeing his car go whizzing past when staking out the theatre after the show, drinks with 10c'ers & so much I've forgotten I'm sure. A fabulous tour, fabulous people & one hell of a fabulous man/musician!!! :D:D

Now, just trying to work out how to get my photos up here.....
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Thankyou for reading my letter Eddie, and thankyou for the heartfelt words you spoke about me and for dedicating " just breathe" to me at the show..... Big love and happiness to you always, pamela xo
  • Options
    Thankyou for reading my letter Eddie, and thankyou for the heartfelt words you spoke about me and for dedicating " just breathe" to me at the show..... Big love and happiness to you always, pamela xo
    Yay for you! It was so lovely of him to send you his thoughts I don't know your story but hope you're doin ok & so glad you got some love from Ed.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    I already posted about this over on the porch, but I still haven't come down from last night. Not only did we have front seats, but Eddie walked straight up to me at the front, crouched down, gripped my hand and said thanks. My response was "no, thank you for fucking EVERYTHING!". He then handed me his bottle of wine and said "pass it around".

I'll never forget last night, the venue was awesome, the setlist was incredible and Ed was better than I could ever imagine. To top it off with a moment I've dreamt of for 20 odd years still seems surreal.

Thanks again Eddie. Keep on rockin in the free world.
  • Options
    Front row tonight for my final show of the tour super psyched!!!!!!
    Off He Goes - The Jammer
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Crazy Mary was probably the highlight for me last night. I remember a request for it being screamed really loudly by someone who was sitting not far from me way up high in the far depths of the State Theatre and Ed making a cheeky comment after he heard the request so I was really surprised when he played it. :)

No more shows for me unless a miracle happens. :(
  • Options
    Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    Eddie talking about relationships and saying he "sounds like Oprah up here"....

What a crackup.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • Options
    Dan C wrote:
    Eddie talking about relationships and saying he "sounds like Oprah up here"....

What a crackup.
    Yeah, yeah that was cool, when he turned all talk show host. :lol::lol:
    <hr>
  • Options
    Without You is such a gorgeous song. Ed said he started writing it at the beginning of his relationship with Jill (11 years ago) when they both lived in Sydney for one month. She is one lucky lady. Imagine having Ed sitting there playing the uke and singing cute songs to you every night. :)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Without You is such a gorgeous song. Ed said he started writing it at the beginning of his relationship with Jill (11 years ago) when they both lived in Sydney for one month. She is one lucky lady. Imagine having Ed sitting there playing the uke and singing cute songs to you every night. :)
    His story about one month in Bondi with Jill were cool & that whoever he was staying with said 'she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen' & Ed was like 'aw shux, I think so too' :)

e.t.a. has anyone seen any reviews in any newspapers over in Oz? I did a search just before & didn't find anything, but surely someone has reviewed a show?
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    His story about one month in Bondi with Jill were cool & that whoever he was staying with said 'she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen' & Ed was like 'aw shux, I think so too' :)

e.t.a. has anyone seen any reviews in any newspapers over in Oz? I did a search just before & didn't find anything, but surely someone has reviewed a show?

Here's a review about the Sydney 2 show.

http://www.mtv.com.au/news/19016677-edd ... v-classic/
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

Thanks EK. :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    Has been taken off YouTube. So glad I listened to it yesterday when I had the chance.

8-)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Has been taken off YouTube. So glad I listened to it yesterday when I had the chance.

8-)
    +1
    <hr>
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:

8-)
    +1

8-)
  • Options
    TenVsRhysTenVsRhys Posts: 47
    morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:

And here's one from the first gig of the tour .....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/revi ... 6019861337
    TenVsRhys
    1995 - Sydney Mar 10th, Melbourne Mar 18th, Brisbane Mar 21st and 22nd
    1998 - Melbourne Mar 3rd, Brisbane Mar 14th and 15th
    2000 - London May 29th and 30th
    2009 - Sydney Nov 22nd
    2011 - EV Brisbane Mar 12th, Sydney Mar 18th and Mar 19th
    2014 - Gold Coast Jan 19th, EV Sydney Feb 11th, 12th and 13th
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale Apr 8th, Miami Apr 9th
    2017 - EV London Jun 6th and 7th
  • Options
    rhysg wrote:
    morello wrote:
    E.K wrote:

And here's one from the first gig of the tour .....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/revi ... 6019861337

Thanks for that. I was there that night. :)
  • Options
    GavinMGavinM Posts: 3
    Kat wrote:
    Ed Vedder: Sydney, AU Show March 19, 2011
    STATE THEATRE

1. Long Road
    2. Sometimes
    3. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    4. Driftin'
    5. Parting Ways
    6. Thumbing My Way
    7. Can't Keep
    8. Without You-(New Song)
    9. Millworker-(James Taylor)
    10. Setting Forth
    11. Far Behind
    12. Guaranteed
    13. Rise
    14. Just Breathe
    15. Lukin
    16. Porch
    17. Better Days

Encore Break 1
    18. You Can Close Your Eyes w/ EJ Barnes-(James Taylor)
    19. The Golden State w/ EJ Barnes-(John Doe)
    20. Society-(Jerry Hannan)
    21. I Am A Patriot-(Steve Van Zandt)
    22. Wishlist
    23. Crazy Mary-(Victoria Williams)

Encore Break 2
    24. Rockin' In The Free World w/ EJ Barns & Cecilia Herbert-(Neil Young)
    25. Hard Sun w/ EJ Barns & Cecilia Herbert-(Gordon Peterson)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Thanks to the 10 Club for the awesome seats. The sound was million times better than mezzanine the night before, and Eddie was on, as everybody said. He seemed a bit tired the night before, not that it took away from his performances, just a feel. But on Saturday he was on.
    Long Road opened, and you just knew it will be special. I was hoping to catch Thumbing My Way, and it was as beautiful as I imagined. Parting Ways! Awesome, awesome Lukin, Porch. Just ON.
    Then Better Days. From reading previous reviews, I was having high expectations, and rightfully so. Unbelievable! Eddie was standing right there belting that song out, voice clear and strong, and going stronger and stronger. Fierce performance if I ever saw any.
    Another highlight was Crazy Mary. It was unbelievably good, getting better and better as it progressed.
    I wish there were some kind of recordings available, Eddie was so good.
    Also liking the uke songs, high expectations for that album.
  • Options
    gecko wrote:
    Thanks to the 10 Club for the awesome seats. The sound was million times better than mezzanine the night before, and Eddie was on, as everybody said. He seemed a bit tired the night before, not that it took away from his performances, just a feel. But on Saturday he was on.
    Long Road opened, and you just knew it will be special. I was hoping to catch Thumbing My Way, and it was as beautiful as I imagined. Parting Ways! Awesome, awesome Lukin, Porch. Just ON.
    Then Better Days. From reading previous reviews, I was having high expectations, and rightfully so. Unbelievable! Eddie was standing right there belting that song out, voice clear and strong, and going stronger and stronger. Fierce performance if I ever saw any.
    Another highlight was Crazy Mary. It was unbelievably good, getting better and better as it progressed.

Where were your seats Gecko? Yes what an amazing night.. :)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    gecko wrote:

Fifth row middle. Very happy about that. And it was finally loud enough. :)
    You?
  • Options
    gecko wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    gecko wrote:

You?

We did very well with your tix! Thanks again honey!! :D
    <hr>
  • Options
    gecko wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    gecko wrote:

You?

Way up in the rafters :lol:
  • Options
    Hey there. I got Arc. :D Did you see the setlist for the third night? Was awesome. Just me trying to catch up with your shows. ;)
    How are your photos looking?