uhhh OK montreal?

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/ne ... id=6201094

you gotta be fuckin with me, right? a criminal investigation? i thought hockey in canada was old school and tough? guess players policing themselves is outta the question. the nhl didnt even suspend chara! i can see if it was a dirty hit but it was a tough play.
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/news/story?id=6201094

you gotta be fuckin with me, right? a criminal investigation? i thought hockey in canada was old school and tough? guess players policing themselves is outta the question. the nhl didnt even suspend chara! i can see if it was a dirty hit but it was a tough play.

canadians' chris chelios hit on brian propp back in the late 80s was a much worse hit than this.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    That hit was shit. I've seen much worse
  • sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    pjhawks wrote:

canadians' chris chelios hit on brian propp back in the late 80s was a much worse hit than this.

the difference is this is 2011, and propp was not seriously injured (only missed one game). But i agree, the nhl is trying to clean up the game, but this is overkill.
  • when canadian marc savard got leveled last season, no one said anything! why? oh that's right, they didn't say a word because it wasn't one of a fucking montreal canadien that had to be boarded off the ice.

sparky_fry wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

the difference is this is 2011, and propp was not seriously injured (only missed one game). But i agree, the nhl is trying to clean up the game, but this is overkill.
    ESPNZ has some fault in this. They'll drag out a non story for days.
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    chara-hit.jpg

This is a picture of Chara pushing max pacioretty's head into the partition. The puck right now is somewhere near Carry Price. Anyone who can say this was a clean hit has more brain trauma than Pacioretty right now.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    I don't get the criminal investigation. I'm not sure if they're trying to get Chara an alibi or something. I mean, 21,000 people were there and saw the hit.

I don't get the no suspension either, so, I guess there's just a lot about this situation I don't get.
  • Big Drop wrote:
    chara-hit.jpg

This is a picture of Chara pushing max pacioretty's head into the partition. The puck right now is somewhere near Carry Price. Anyone who can say this was a clean hit has more brain trauma than Pacioretty right now.
    it was an interference penalty with a dose of harsh luck.

• jpromjprom Posts: 3
    lol!!!! thats true... This was NOT a clean hit!!! He broke a bone in his NECK!!!! HE ALMOST DIED!!!! what the hell do you need more.
    Big Drop wrote:
    chara-hit.jpg

Right I get it. If that play happened anywhere else on the ice Pacioretty isn't going to be a vegetable. Only it happened at the partition, and Chara pushed his head into it. How sick do you have to be to defend Chara when Pacioretty is eating dinner through an IV?
    Im not gonna repeat everything Mr Mullet said but what is that turnbuckle doing there?
    I don't know if this is devil's advocate on your side or if you're actually a Bruins fan, but it's devil's advocate over here. When Matt Cooke took an obvious run at Savard and damn near killed him, was it interference with harsh luck? If you're looking for a difference between the two hits there isn't one. They were both intentional.
  • Big Drop wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    chara-hit.jpg

Right I get it. If that play happened anywhere else on the ice Pacioretty isn't going to be a vegetable. Only it happened at the partition, and Chara pushed his head into it. How sick do you have to be to defend Chara when Pacioretty is eating dinner through an IV?
    IT'S FUCKING HOCKEY. SHIT HAPPENS! you really honestly think chara would do that intentionally? no! simple answer. i never thought i'd see the day where canadian hockey fans would cry about a hit.

Im not gonna repeat everything Mr Mullet said but what is that turnbuckle doing there?

The partition is there to keep the two teams separated on the benches, and to create space between the benches for color and analysts. So if the defense is, the partition shouldn't have been there, I'd say you're clutching at straws.
    IT'S FUCKING HOCKEY. SHIT HAPPENS! you really honestly think chara would do that intentionally? no! simple answer. i never thought i'd see the day where canadian hockey fans would cry about a hit.

Well, that's where you're wrong, because that's not part of the game. It's the players responsibility to make sure shit doesn't happen. I'm sure Pacioretty's parents are taking solace in knowing that their son is a vegetable because shit happens. Hope you never have a love one get clipped by a drunk driver. . . because shit happens.
  • Big Drop wrote:
    I don't know if this is devil's advocate on your side or if you're actually a Bruins fan, but it's devil's advocate over here. When Matt Cooke took an obvious run at Savard and damn near killed him, was it interference with harsh luck? If you're looking for a difference between the two hits there isn't one. They were both intentional.
    well that's just it. i am a bruins fan. through and through. there was no intention. it's a faced paced game they were flying up the ice. i agree you have to know where you are and maybe chara should've been a little more aware but you can't justify it as an intentional or dirty hit. let alone, open a criminal investigation.

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Big Drop wrote:

Well, that's where you're wrong, because that's not part of the game. It's the players responsibility to make sure shit doesn't happen. I'm sure Pacioretty's parents are taking solace in knowing that their son is a vegetable because shit happens. Hope you never have a love one get clipped by a drunk driver. . . because shit happens.

The last I heard the guy was talking and coherent with a bad concussion and broken vertabrae

Using the term vegetable is a bit ridiculous...there are people that are actually in that state thats not a term you should just throw around to make a joke
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Big Drop wrote:

And I obviously don't mean that, because I would never wish that upon anyone. I just don't get how anyone can defend Chara right now. The NHL has corporate sponsors threatening to withdrawal funding if this sort of thing doesn't end soon.

The first time someone puts the puck over the glass, they don't get a pass on delay of game because they're not known for delay of game penalties. It just blows my mind how to blatantly obvious dirty hit gets swept under the rug because Chara, "Doesn't have a history of being a dirty player."
    Using the term vegetable is a bit ridiculous...there are people that are actually in that state thats not a term you should just throw around to make a joke

He's got a fractured vertebrae, a broken neck, and a severe concussion, and you're calling me out for sensationalism?

I can't blame you, Chara would fit in just great with the Flyers.
  • sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    I will agree that it is a dirty hit. But on any given night there are mutiple dirty hits, the only difference is if the player gets hurt or not. If he shook of the hit, we wouldn't be talking about this right now. It is hockey, this stuff does happen, sure its dirty, but a criminal investigation??? get outta here.
  • Big Drop wrote:

i see where you're coming from. i completely get it. but hard plays are going to be made and players get injured. this sport is lethal if you truly think about it and yes players should use a little more caution. i can almost guarantee chara felt like shit after the hit. anyone would. it was just a shit luck play. nothing more.

and seriously, get that thing out of there or come up with something safer. it's a miracle shit like this doesn't happen more often.

Big Drop wrote:

He's got a fractured vertebrae, a broken neck, and a severe concussion, and you're calling me out for sensationalism?

Yes I am calling you out...the term vegetable is a horrible term..maybe you should think about things before you spew your mockery of someone in that state...have you had a loved one in that state ? Its not fun. To compare someone in that state to this kid is a bit ridiculous.

You have an issue with the Flyers being dirty maybe take a look at the Sabres history

Yeah, and I'm not here to bust your ball bud, I just get taken away on a whim.

I just don't understand the free pass for Chara. I just don't.

James Wisniewski gets a 2 game suspension for mimicking Phallacio and Chara gets nothing.

I just don't see where the hurry is to make this game safer for the guys on the ice.
  • Big Drop wrote:

please associate a boston bruin with the flyers :P.

in phantoms defense he was moving his extremeties shortly after.

Big Drop wrote:

Yes I am calling you out...the term vegetable is a horrible term..maybe you should think about things before you spew your mockery of someone in that state...have you had a loved one in that state ? Its not fun. To compare someone in that state to this kid is a bit ridiculous.

You have an issue with the Flyers being dirty maybe take a look at the Sabres history

That's a joke right? This guy could have legitimately died on the ice and you want to argue semantics? I'll send an apology your way when Chara sends one the way of Pacioretty.

And for the record, the Flyers are the dirtiest, gooniet, most cheating downright horrible team in the history of any sport. Ever.

The Flyers managed to take an alter boy like Danny Briere and got him to slash Franz Nielson in the face on a faceoff. Then the NHL only hands him a 3 game suspension.
    The real issue is with Colon Campbell and his decisions

It's the most unbalanced I have seen the league when it comes to disciplinary actions

This Chara hit I didn't think had malice behind it...but who knows what a player is thinking when he's on the ice ?

Filing charges that's a whole other can of worms I don't think the league should deal with

I can't remember if charges were filed in that Bertuzzi suspension on Moore or not ?

It's the most unbalanced I have seen the league when it comes to disciplinary actions

This Chara hit I didn't think had malice behind it...but who knows what a player is thinking when he's on the ice ?

Filing charges that's a whole other can of worms I don't think the league should deal with

I can't remember if charges were filed in that Bertuzzi suspension on Moore or not ?

Bertuzzi is STILL paying Moore money and will be for a very very long time.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    The hand on the head says it all for me. Chara was one of my favourite players, now I view him as scum.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Big Drop wrote:

That's a joke right? This guy could have legitimately died on the ice and you want to argue semantics? I'll send an apology your way when Chara sends one the way of Pacioretty.

And for the record, the Flyers are the dirtiest, gooniet, most cheating downright horrible team in the history of any sport. Ever.

The Flyers managed to take an alter boy like Danny Briere and got him to slash Franz Nielson in the face on a faceoff. Then the NHL only hands him a 3 game suspension.

No its not FUCKIN Joke !

Yeah once they put on a Flyers Jersey their brains stop working and become goons :lol::lol:

Wow, you are clueless not surprised as a Sabres fan though

And the Flyers have the 2nd best winning pct all time behind the Canadians..Sabres not so much

Sabres fan complaining about dirty players is hilarious (Brad May,Barnaby,Rob Ray) should I continue ?

Big Drop wrote:

Bertuzzi is STILL paying Moore money and will be for a very very long time.

I remember the lawsuit but I don't know if they had charges against Bertuzzi ?

Maybe it was thrown out of court ?