staying friends with an ex?

13»

Comments

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I haven't read the whole thread myself, but when I wanted to file for divorce my ex refused, and then he finally agreed, and I just wanted to remain friends, but at that time I didn't realize he had been seeing this other woman for a couple of years. We had grown so far apart from each other. I from him, because of his alcoholism and immaturity, and didn't know that he'd been seeing someone else. What really hurt was, both my sons knew about this... :( But it's funny how life works, because we actually talk more now, than we ever did.. The marriage was basically about "sex", and we never really knew each other after all the years we'd been married, and what's REALLY funny, is that the whole time we were married, I would always get hit on, by men, some were his own friends. Going back some years I wanted to leave, but didn't. So any who, he ended up marrying this woman, for money, she's "really" fat and ugly. I adoringly call her fugly, :lol: but it doesn't bother me, except I really miss being married, and wanted someone to grow old with. Like the song from "The Wedding Singer", which always made me cry, even before we even thought of splitting... Sort of bitter sweet....

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492

our children have benefitted and continue to thrive as people.

what else would they thrive as?
    www.myspace.com
  • never had, never saw the point of it - but now that i am older, i've actually managed it with one ex. it's still weird at times, truly loved him - but, i enjoy having him as a friend in my life.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow