Options

***It's Holy Grail...Black Diamond!***(Update 4/5 & List)

Comments

• Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    $ sent
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Am I too late?!?
    not at all - PM sent!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    rafie wrote:
    $ sent
    Got it - thanks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Dear Friends,

As Roger elegantly said at the beginning of this thread, I was not exactly an enthused participant in this Holy Grail for myself. I really am a very good giver but not a very good reciever. Plus I want for nothing, so it's uncomfortable.

As some of you might be aware, I am going through an extended illness issue with my 8 year old son, the Loganator. He has so far been in two hospitals and as of yesterday been admitted to his third. He has been misdiagnosed twice and has been told by doctors that nothing is wrong and he needs to "suck it up". When you kid is writhing in pain and there is no solution, it is quite maddening. However when you find the right doctors and they understand that he is in an immense amount of pain and have a plan for treatment, it is a sense of hope in darkness.

The only light I personally have had over the course of this month, has been what you guys have been doing here. It has kept me from really losing it. From the bottom of my heart, I am truly grateful for the amazing friends I have made here. From a love of great music, I have found the true meaning of friends and of recieving.

The best part of this (as some of you are aware) is that my two boys, especially Logan, have become avid fans too. He has taken up bass (Jeff is his hero) and is currently (well once he gets better) learning Brain of J (his favorite tune). The "Holy Grails" here will bring a huge smile to his face. That's going to be amazing. So Logan thanks you, his brother thanks you, my wife and I thank you.

Here he is at San Diego 09 (his first show and very happy he heard Brain of J).
    IMG_0108-1-1.jpg
    Here is the two of us at Hartford (his second show)
    IMG_0047-1.jpg

So from him and I, thanks to Roger and Dimi, for starting this off and for all of you who are jumping in.

I promise to be a better receiver and to always be a good giver.

Adam

PS - I have explained to the Doctors that he has tickets to Tres Mts in NYC next weekend and they better have him fixed by then :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    you asshole, you put tears in my eyes,and i wear mascara this morning,,,
    i more than honor that i choose you for this...
    sending all my power wishes for Loganator and he will be soon well..
    i frikkin love you man...

p.s..Thank God your kids took from your wife and looks Beautiful.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    being part of this all is a pleasure!! hope your son will be well soon and have fun at Tres Mts concert!!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options

I'm right there with you, Dimi - I just read this post at work and I'm glad my students aren't in here to see me tearing up.

Adam, I went ahead and posted your post in the first post of this thread - I really hope that it is okay. I just don't want it to get buried in this thread. If you want me to take it out, just let me know.

My prayers are with you and your family.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160

What Dimi said minus the mascara. :lol:

Hope Logan feels better really soon Adam!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    my friend .

if the giving of grails is about wealth then you would have been the first to get his grail...the wealth of kindness you have is beyond most people.i have been on close hand to this wealth from you.not just the secret santa this year either.

your a great man.
    your a pearl jam fan.
    your great great dad
    ..im so wealthly to be your friend.

:D

wow and your my mule
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    BD,

This made me tear up a bit reading your post.

So sorry to hear that Logan's still not better. Hopefully, this round in the hospital will diagnose and hopefully fix what ails him. Being a parent, its always hard to have doctors dismiss your concerns and the don't believe your son when he says he's in pain, just because they can't find it. I've been through a similar situation with my mom, until she found a compassionate doctor who really listen to her.

I hope Logan gets better soon, and I hope these grails put a smile on his, and your faces .
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    wish we could do more Adam...truly, you deserve the world!
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Hope your son feels better soon!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    your a great man.
    your a pearl jam fan.
    your great great dad
    ..im so wealthly to be your friend.
    very well said
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Dear Adam, all my thoughts and best wishes are with you and Logan and the rest of your family during this time.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Leeze wrote:
    Dear Adam, all my thoughts and best wishes are with you and Logan and the rest of your family during this time.

couldn't have said it better myself, Lisa.

Adam---does he have an PJ posters on his walls? if not, i'd like to send him one. keep your head up, man. wishing you all the best.

Matt

PS--Just shoot me a pm to iron out the details (address, etc) 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Leeze wrote:

My thoughts too.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    HYPOTHETICAL:

I would be more than happy to throw a little more lettuce the way of LukinFan if we would all be interested in getting BD's kid a gift too. It doesn't have to be a holy grail, kids are happy with little things like a shirt or poster, but it sounds like his kid is going through a pretty rough time and could use a little pick me up. I guess the final decision is up to Lukinfan and D but I think it would be pretty cool.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Options
    Big Drop wrote:
    HYPOTHETICAL:

I would be more than happy to throw a little more lettuce the way of LukinFan if we would all be interested in getting BD's kid a gift too. It doesn't have to be a holy grail, kids are happy with little things like a shirt or poster, but it sounds like his kid is going through a pretty rough time and could use a little pick me up. I guess the final decision is up to Lukinfan and D but I think it would be pretty cool.

I like the way you think :thumbup: And btw - I sent you a vinyl today 8-)
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

I like the way you think :thumbup: And btw - I sent you a vinyl today 8-)

Yay I can't wait. I've got to get Dimitri's vinyl out today. I'm just trying to find enough cardboard to pack around it so it won't break on the long trip to Greece.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Good grief, just read BD's post, and like Dimi had tears in my eyes.

You are really such a sweetheart Adam and I really hope the Loganator gets better soon.

I'm up for doing anything I can.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    :o:o I couldn't imagine having to watch your baby in pain and not being able to do anything, my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope your little one gets the help he needs and this holy grail brings a smile to his little face. Best wishes to you and your little man. :D:D:D:D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Big Drop wrote:
    HYPOTHETICAL:

I think this is a great idea, I'd be in, too. :D
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Big Drop wrote:
    HYPOTHETICAL:

Guys,

I can tell you how nice this jesture would be... and the level of appreciation for even suggesting it, is huge. However, the items picked for the holy grail were specifically picked for my kids. As I do with pretty much every decision in my life, I base it on making my family or others happy... so the original "lettuce" will do just fine :mrgreen:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Big Drop wrote:
    HYPOTHETICAL:

Guys,

I can tell you how nice this jesture would be... and the level of appreciation for even suggesting it, is huge. However, the items picked for the holy grail were specifically picked for my kids. As I do with pretty much every decision in my life, I base it on making my family or others happy... so the original "lettuce" will do just fine :mrgreen:

You are such a sweetheart, BD! I hope there's enough money collected to get something "extra", though ;)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    payment sent :D yeah black diamond!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    this is the same at every holy grail........

ill speak to all pearl jam talking..

Guys......

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS......... ;)8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Big Drop wrote:
    HYPOTHETICAL:

Guys,

Thats a stand up dad right there, good work :clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    the original "lettuce" will do just fine :mrgreen:

I used to do theatre in high school. I played Sky Masterson from Guys and Dolls one year and got addicted to 50's slang. I try to suppress my 50's vocabulary but sometimes it slips :oops: .
  • Options
    bambam87bambam87 Posts: 545
    im goin to use the term lettuce from now on :lol:
  • Options
    this is the same at every holy grail........

ill speak to all pearl jam talking..

Guys......

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS......... ;)8-)
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com