Options

***It's Holy Grail...Black Diamond!***(Update 4/5 & List)

LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
edited April 2011 in Lost Dogs
Update: 4/5/11: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=153693

Update: 4/5/11: The final two packages have arrived!!!

Post from Adam:
OMFG!!!

Just came home to two new packages :shock:

Both kids are sick so no pics right now :lol:

But....

You guys are insane!!!

OK -
My first concert poster!!! MSG 2 2008
Picks from Eddie Jeff and MIKE!!!
Concert Setlists from Hartford, MSG1 and MSG2 from this year!!

I can't even say anymore!!

Love you guys sooo much... Thank you to all of you on the list... I will be indebted to you forever!!

Adam, Cole, Logan, Mac and Mrs Black Diamond

XXXXOOOOO

Update: 3/30/11: Post from Adam:
So got this lol album looking box from an address I certainly recognize :mrgreen:

Aaaaaaand....

It has an MY FAVORITE album of all time in it...

BINAURAL!!!!!
IMG_0912.jpg
But then... you guys did something so amazing - a T-shirt for my now recovering boy the Loganator

The front is awesome
IMG_0914.jpg
But the back... is too much for words
IMG_0915.jpg

I can not put into words how humbled I am by all of your generosity and friendship...
My kids smiles and mine are a mile wide and I can not say it enough...

Thank you thank you thank you...
My wonderful friends

Adam

P.S. My daughter could not care less :lol:

List of all who donated:

Claireack
Big Drop
vduboise
rafie
bambam87
Hub.
Leeze
boyo79
RKCNDY
demetrios
elwayvedder
starmap3333
Randy Bo-bandy
mfc2006
EZ1221C
veddertown
theserialthrilla
norm
Anonymous
conman
RYEzupSF
iamica
chime
gfnk001
Paulina87
kcherub
FenwayFaithful
greenmanny
jjflash
dr0ptheleash
PJ-Cubs
CROJAM95
thefixer9
release23420
Loulou
arq
pdalowsky
2-feign-reluctance
SENROCK
unlost dogs
dottles
Dr. Delight
eddiec
number1PJfan
dimitrispearljam
LukinFan

Update: 3/23/11: I just sent everyone an update PM - if I missed you, please PM me

Update 3/22/11: At this point, we're good on donations. Any donations after this point will be going towards a charity of BD's choice. I'll send out an update PM to everyone as soon as the package is on it's way 8-)

Update: Scroll down in this 1st post for a message from Black Diamond

It all started a couple of years ago when a bunch of people on the old forum chipped in and bought Demetrios a PJ/RHCP 1991 poster as a Christmas present – basically a way of saying thank you to everything that he does for everyone on the forum. Following D, others including myself, arq, ZiggyStar, mfc2006, dimitrispearljam, Catefrances, Pearl Drummer, elwayvedder, thefixer9, and most recently Tuolumne Mama have all been graciously awarded their holy grails.

Well, it's that time again - Black Diamond was nominated to get his holy grail!

For starters, Black Diamond is a great guy. He's always positive here on forum and is always wanting to contribute to other's holy grails. Like the norm here, at first he turned me down when I asked him what his holy grail is, but after a few PMs and a Greek threat from our buddy Dimi, he caved. We're looking for the following three things: MSGII 2008 Poster, Picks from Stone, Jeff, Mike's and/or Eddie (any picks from these three), and finally a Binaural Vinyl (open or sealed) - must be in good condition though.

Here's the thread on the ISO items: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=150582

Each time, everyone just chips in what they can, so don't feel like you have to do anything, this is just for the people that would like to help out our friend, Black Diamond, in getting his holy grail.

After you PM me, I'll send you my paypal address and we'll go from there. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM myself or Dimi. And if you cannot contribute anything at this time, it's okay, a BUMP will work out nicely. Thanks!

A Post from Black Diamond:
Dear Friends,

As Roger elegantly said at the beginning of this thread, I was not exactly an enthused participant in this Holy Grail for myself. I really am a very good giver but not a very good reciever. Plus I want for nothing, so it's uncomfortable.

As some of you might be aware, I am going through an extended illness issue with my 8 year old son, the Loganator. He has so far been in two hospitals and as of yesterday been admitted to his third. He has been misdiagnosed twice and has been told by doctors that nothing is wrong and he needs to "suck it up". When you kid is writhing in pain and there is no solution, it is quite maddening. However when you find the right doctors and they understand that he is in an immense amount of pain and have a plan for treatment, it is a sense of hope in darkness.

The only light I personally have had over the course of this month, has been what you guys have been doing here. It has kept me from really losing it. From the bottom of my heart, I am truly grateful for the amazing friends I have made here. From a love of great music, I have found the true meaning of friends and of recieving.

The best part of this (as some of you are aware) is that my two boys, especially Logan, have become avid fans too. He has taken up bass (Jeff is his hero) and is currently (well once he gets better) learning Brain of J (his favorite tune). The "Holy Grails" here will bring a huge smile to his face. That's going to be amazing. So Logan thanks you, his brother thanks you, my wife and I thank you.

Here he is at San Diego 09 (his first show and very happy he heard Brain of J).
IMG_0108-1-1.jpg
Here is the two of us at Hartford (his second show)
IMG_0047-1.jpg

So from him and I, thanks to Roger and Dimi, for starting this off and for all of you who are jumping in.

I promise to be a better receiver and to always be a good giver.

Adam

PS - I have explained to the Doctors that he has tickets to Tres Mts in NYC next weekend and they better have him fixed by then :twisted:
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1