2011 MLB Power Rankings

124»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

finally have my Yankees packages back.

Nice. I gotta get up to that stadium.

Yeah man, you definitely do. Me and my buddies lost our saturday package when they moved to the new stadium but I was able to get a Sunday pack this year. Pumped. Should be fun. It's a big stadium.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

finally have my Yankees packages back.

Nice. I gotta get up to that stadium.

Yeah man, you definitely do. Me and my buddies lost our saturday package when they moved to the new stadium but I was able to get a Sunday pack this year. Pumped. Should be fun. It's a big stadium.

Yeah, it is. It's shuuge. What I got out of it was that it was really really really new looking. I had a good time. I had the equivalent of my Sunday tix at The Bank there, and boy, am I glad to be in Philly - the diffrence was mine are $24(that's this year's price) and there they were $50 in '09(I'm sure they're a few dollars more now).
    Yeah, it is. It's shuuge. What I got out of it was that it was really really really new looking. I had a good time. I had the equivalent of my Sunday tix at The Bank there, and boy, am I glad to be in Philly - the diffrence was mine are $24(that's this year's price) and there they were $50 in '09(I'm sure they're a few dollars more now).

Yeah, I will admit that I love the intimacy of the old place but staying at the old place wasn't an option so I am perfectly happy with what they built. It is fucking big though. You went that first memorial day against the Phillies, right? Good weekend. Was definitely brand new then, feel like it has been broken in a bit since, but I am sure it looks exactly the same. I couldn't believe the difference in price when I moved to Philly. Tickets I was getting in the lower level outfield at CBP were the same as my shitty satruday package seats. I am paying nothing for what I got but have really shitty seats, just glad to be back in the building.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I will admit that I love the intimacy of the old place but staying at the old place wasn't an option so I am perfectly happy with what they built. It is fucking big though. You went that first memorial day against the Phillies, right? Good weekend. Was definitely brand new then, feel like it has been broken in a bit since, but I am sure it looks exactly the same. I couldn't believe the difference in price when I moved to Philly. Tickets I was getting in the lower level outfield at CBP were the same as my shitty satruday package seats. I am paying nothing for what I got but have really shitty seats, just glad to be back in the building.

That's good to hear. Yeah, 'twas a good day. Well, except the loss. Drinking in the bar across the street, drinking in Times Square(can't remember the name of the bar now - Stout's maybe?), getting hammered on the train, etc. etc. Do you plan on doing that for the Sunday games? Taking the train up?

Speaking of which, I'm heading up there at the end of the month for a show, what do you think my best option is - drive up to Hoboken and take the train in from there, but run the risk of missing the last train, or drive to Princeton and take the train that I know will have a departure time past 1 am?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's good to hear. Yeah, 'twas a good day. Well, except the loss. Drinking in the bar across the street, drinking in Times Square(can't remember the name of the bar now - Stout's maybe?), getting hammered on the train, etc. etc. Do you plan on doing that for the Sunday games? Taking the train up?

Speaking of which, I'm heading up there at the end of the month for a show, what do you think my best option is - drive up to Hoboken and take the train in from there, but run the risk of missing the last train, or drive to Princeton and take the train the I know will have a departure time past 1 am?

Yeah, was a fun day. That is the game I was at. Met Barkann and bullshitted with him for a while after the game, great fucking dude. Stout is right there by the garden, think I actually recommended that to fixer before the MSG show. Yeah, I will most likely be taking the train in, for the most part at least.

I actually have never driven to Hoboken and taken the PATH. If I am taking NJ Transit, I always do Princeton or Trenton. I think that is probably your best bet. I honestly don't usually leave late at night though, I tend to stay over at friends if it's going to be a late one. When I do leave, I do NJ Transit though. My options are always 1. Amtrak (depending on the current money situation) 2. NJ Transit 3. Bus (there is a late night MegaBus though). My go to option of late has been driving to Trenton or Princeton and taking the train in.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Ahh, stouts. I hit that place before the last two PJ shows at MSG.

cliff, weren't we supposed to meet there the one day before MSG 2? I met a bunch of collge buddies at stouts and ended up getting smashed. By the time slow Lukin came on I was crosseyed. I love NYC
    The Fixer wrote:

cliff, weren't we supposed to meet there the one day before MSG 2? I met a bunch of collge buddies at stouts and ended up getting smashed. By the time slow Lukin came on I was crosseyed. I love NYC

haha, yeah, I just mentioned in the last post the I recommended that to you. Yeah, we were supposed to meet up but we took the fucking bus for some ungodly reason and got stuck in Lincoln Tunnel for 2 fucking hours. Took us 4 hours to get from Philly to New York. By the time we got there Stout had an outrageous line. We ended up at Tir na nog. Was so frustrated, I got pretty hammered myself. That slow version of Lukin was pretty sweet though. I thought that was a great fucking show. NY is a great time.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

haha, yeah, I just mentioned in the last post the I recommended that to you. Yeah, we were supposed to meet up but we took the fucking bus for some ungodly reason and got stuck in Lincoln Tunnel for 2 fucking hours. Took us 4 hours to get from Philly to New York. By the time we got there Stout had an outrageous line. We ended up at Tir na nog. Was so frustrated, I got pretty hammered myself. That slow version of Lukin was pretty sweet though. I thought that was a great fucking show. NY is a great time.

That's right...I remember you mentioning that you were stuck in traffic.

Slow Lukin was cool. and MSG is incredible.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That's right...I remember you mentioning that you were stuck in traffic.

Slow Lukin was cool. and MSG is incredible.

Yeah, man. The Garden is great, I think my favorite sporting event there are Syracuse games, although I don't go to many Knicks or Rangers games.