Options

TV Shows canceled too soon

Comments

• Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    mini_tb wrote:
    The Tick! 8 episodes (plus a 9th unaired one) were not nearly enough. Patrick Warburton was great! I loved the scene where he ate a fortune cookie and pulled the fortune out of his mouth and said, "A secret message from my teeth!"

Great show. that and Eek the Cat.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    edited April 2011
    M.A.S.H.

I really should read these things before I post.

So, I'm going to say Guiding Light.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    The Connor Chronicles, the Terminator spin off

Loved it
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    edited April 2011
    pjradio wrote:
    Deadwood

The only show in my opinion that ever rivaled Sopranos.
    Post edited by aNiMaL on
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
    I liked that show too. But, i think you and I were the only ones.
  • Options
    Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
    I liked that show too. But, i think you and I were the only ones.

Nope-me too & my wife. So there was a total of 4 viewers.
    Come on---that can work.
    Gibson1972
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    They forgot Undeclared

I loved that show. Don't understand why they pulled it!
    Then again, Fox was pretty good about pulling good shows back then...
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Invasion
    Only lasted one season and left viewers with a pretty decent cliffhanger. Looked like it was going to be renewed so I don't know what happened. :?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    The Simpsons :lol:

EDIT: Never mind. Didn't read whole thread and just saw this joke was misused already....
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Have to admit, the only show I miss on the original list is Freaks. Arrested Dev seemed like it ran it's course even in it's short run. If it had gone on, it would not be looked back on so fondly.

Re: the suggestion of the Wonder Years. Awesome show. Wish they could afford the licensing of the music to put it on Blu Ray or DVD, but the actors pretty much grew out of the roles by the end. Winnie would have had to be the college vixen if they continued... Uh, wait... I think another season or 2 on HBO might have been in order.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,439
    Add Detroit 187 to the list as ABC has just canceled it
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Firefly of course :)

And if they cancel Game of Thrones before Season 4 (the third book being split into two seasons) it will be a crime.

On sale Firefly series

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EN ... g=abswo-20
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    pandora wrote:
    We need another 70's show

Remember when FOX did a That 80's show that sucked major ass

I liked Smith it didn't make a whole season but i really enjoyed it. But I like Ray Liota i think he plays a great badass character.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_(TV_series)
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Have to admit, the only show I miss on the original list is Freaks. Arrested Dev seemed like it ran it's course even in it's short run. If it had gone on, it would not be looked back on so fondly.

Re: the suggestion of the Wonder Years. Awesome show. Wish they could afford the licensing of the music to put it on Blu Ray or DVD, but the actors pretty much grew out of the roles by the end. Winnie would have had to be the college vixen if they continued... Uh, wait... I think another season or 2 on HBO might have been in order.

So thats why i have never seen the wonder years anywhere. It's on some channel i forget the channel it's on i saw it when i was staying at my parents they also show the old transformers and g.i joe cartoons it's an awesome channel. Wish i could remember what it was called.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

So thats why i have never seen the wonder years anywhere. It's on some channel i forget the channel it's on i saw it when i was staying at my parents they also show the old transformers and g.i joe cartoons it's an awesome channel. Wish i could remember what it was called.

Hub. 294 on DirecTv. 9 pm weeknights.

Yeah, they wanted to put it on DVD sand there was a suggestion to do it without the music. Producers said the music is key to the stories so no way. They were right. I guess we can wait until music copyrights run out on all the songs :lol:
  • Options
    Hub thats it thanks it was driving me nuts.

Yeah you can't do the Wonder Years without the tunes. It would be like showing Dazed and Confused without the soundtrack yeah it would be funny but the music also helps with the story. Like when Wooderson walks into the hangout and the song the Hurricane is playing it just adds to the scene.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

the hub
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Re: the suggestion of the Wonder Years. Awesome show. Wish they could afford the licensing of the music to put it on Blu Ray or DVD, but the actors pretty much grew out of the roles by the end. Winnie would have had to be the college vixen if they continued...

I wonder how Glee does it.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Event and Chicago City and Terriers.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Do you mean Chicago Code?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    igotid88 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

And if they cancel Game of Thrones before Season 4 (the third book being split into two seasons) it will be a crime.

On sale Firefly series

Thanks! I personally own them al already but those are good deals
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

On sale Firefly series

Thanks! I personally own them al already but those are good deals

It was 21.99 when I first put up the link.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    igotid88 wrote:

Yeah lol,Chicago Code. Another good show that imo actually has moved forward almost every episode.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    Re: the suggestion of the Wonder Years. Awesome show. Wish they could afford the licensing of the music to put it on Blu Ray or DVD, but the actors pretty much grew out of the roles by the end. Winnie would have had to be the college vixen if they continued...

It's a hit show ( i have never watched it and am proud of that) so they have advertisers that are throwing money at fox to showcase thier product on the show or in commercials.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    igotid88 wrote:

Yeah lol,Chicago Code. Another good show that imo actually has moved forward almost every episode.

You may be in luck, looks like The Event may get picked up by Direct TV, sort of like how they did it with Friday Night Lights.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    igotid88 wrote:

The difference with Glee is that they before the first episode was even written they knew that if the show was made that it would end up on DVD. So when they are negotiating fees the music rights they can do it in advance for the rights for television broadcast and DVD release. If they can’t afford the songs they want they just pick something else. With The Wonder Years, no one thought back in 1988 that the songs they were using might end up in a different format as part of a dvd package of a complete season. So they only negotiated fees for the rights for television broadcast. Now if they want to release the dvd’s they pretty much have to negotiate after the fact, and the songwriters and artists can basically name their price and if the producers don’t like it they are pretty much stuck.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    aNiMaL wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    Deadwood

The only show in my opinion that ever rivaled Sopranos.

I think if Deadwood had gone for 4 or 5 seasons it probably would have been better. I mean it is debatable as to which show had the better writing, but I think Deadwood had the stronger cast. I mean the leads for both shows are pretty much equal, with Gandolfini and Falco being excellent in their roles, and McShane and Olyphant. But it is with the supporting cast that Deadwood is much better than The Sopranos. I mean John Hawkes, Dayton Callie and Molly Parker were all excellent in their roles, where as most of the mob guys on the sopranos were just pretty good in their pretty standard roles.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

The difference with Glee is that they before the first episode was even written they knew that if the show was made that it would end up on DVD. So when they are negotiating fees the music rights they can do it in advance for the rights for television broadcast and DVD release. If they can’t afford the songs they want they just pick something else. With The Wonder Years, no one thought back in 1988 that the songs they were using might end up in a different format as part of a dvd package of a complete season. So they only negotiated fees for the rights for television broadcast. Now if they want to release the dvd’s they pretty much have to negotiate after the fact, and the songwriters and artists can basically name their price and if the producers don’t like it they are pretty much stuck.

oh yea i remember reading that somewhere
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,960
    Mystery Science Theater 3000!

Actually just saw an episode the other night in a movie theater near me, Final Justice :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly