Options

TV Shows canceled too soon

Comments

• Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    From those not mentioned by the OP I have two. The Dana Carvey Show and Ben Stiller Show. Both awesomely funny but too loco for network TV I think.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    the famous teddy z
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Sorry if anyone said this, but MY SO CALLED LIFE
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,439
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Sorry if anyone said this, but MY SO CALLED LIFE

it's been said at least twice.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    From those not mentioned by the OP I have two. The Dana Carvey Show and Ben Stiller Show. Both awesomely funny but too loco for network TV I think.

I forgot about those shows. Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert were on the Dana Carvey show. And that's where the Ambiguously Gay Duo came from.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    Ben Stiller Show. Both awesomely funny but too loco for network TV I think.

great show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKjr3S6NxPo

:lol:
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    igotid88 wrote:

in total agreeance.

lucas black was awesome in this. first time around on tv i only had 2 daughters... next time on DVD i had a son the same age as caleb. quite a different perspective 2nd time around especially considering my son was the same physical type.. the mannerisms were there as well.
    I loved that show. It was great. The network seemed to do everything they could to kill it.

i think the premise freaked a few people out.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    It has been said a few times but, Lucky Louie. No way that show should have been cancelled that quickly. Fucking hilarious and his new show blows.
  • Options
    The Black Donnelys

Always planned as a miniseries.

Do miniseries usually go 2 months? I read that HBO and another channel had planned on picking it up, but it never happened. NBC had to end the show early with a finale. I think it was on at the 10pm time slot which obviously hurt it's ratings.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It has been said a few times but, Lucky Louie. No way that show should have been cancelled that quickly. Fucking hilarious and his new show blows.

i still haven't seen the new one yet.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The Black Donnelys

Always planned as a miniseries.

Do miniseries usually go 2 months? I read that HBO and another channel had planned on picking it up, but it never happened. NBC had to end the show early with a finale. I think it was on at the 10pm time slot which obviously hurt it's ratings.

I don't believe it was supposed to be a mini-series
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    caught the pilot episode of My So-called Life on sundance the other night. man that show was really well written and acted. such a shame it lasted for as little amount of time as it did. the music in that episode was so cool.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Flash Forward
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    MASH

;)
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I just remembered last night: Farscape...they like all other SciFi shows spent so much money on make-up/costume...after a year or 2 gone, they came back and did a 'answer the questions' movie...and STILL left the end open... :twisted:

This! I absolutely love Farscape! One of the best shows to air on television. I rewatched the entire series + miniseries on DVD last year and it holds up really well. Great show, great cast, great chemistry between the leads, great animatronic characters, great villains, I can go on and on about this show! If anyone hasn't seen it and you like sci fi or fantasy this is a must :lol: I was so bummed when this was canceled..i remember being involved in the fan campaign to bring it back. 8-)

Other than this, I would add: Firefly, Better off Ted, American Gothic, Arrested Development, Terriers.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    The Dollhouse!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Arrested Development
    Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
    The Black Donnellys
    The Class
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The Class

Is that the one about a group of people that graduated together in the 80s and now their lives get all mashed up and intertwined together?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    RKCNDY wrote:
    The Class

Is that the one about a group of people that graduated together in the 80s and now their lives get all mashed up and intertwined together?
    Close...it was a group of people in their mid-20s who were in the same 3rd grade class and their lives got mashed up and intertwined.

Wasn't the best show ever, but I enjoyed it and thought it could grow into a really good sitcom....
  • Options
    the paul reiser show

only 2 episodes...they didn't let it grow into a bigger pile of crap...too bad
  • Options
    Anything with John Stamos
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Firefly of course :)

And if they cancel Game of Thrones before Season 4 (the third book being split into two seasons) it will be a crime.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Saved by the bell College years! Jk
    I'll be back
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Monty. On Fox. The Fonz plus Ross = pure gold :)
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    Anything with John Stamos

I liked Jake in Progress
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    norm wrote:
    the paul reiser show

if you're paul reiser, why would you even be associated with that? first episode airs in april with little to no promotion.... :lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    The Tick! 8 episodes (plus a 9th unaired one) were not nearly enough. Patrick Warburton was great! I loved the scene where he ate a fortune cookie and pulled the fortune out of his mouth and said, "A secret message from my teeth!"
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    norm wrote:
    the paul reiser show

I love the guests though for the first two episodes - Larry David and Henry Rollins. I'm not a fan of Paul Reiser at all, but it sort of reminded me of Curb (but not as good of course)

and how a show like Outsourced is still on TV, but they cancel Paul Reiser is beyond me
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1