Options

Songs You Want Pearl Jam to cover

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    Cypress Hill - (Rock) Superstar
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Simple Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
    Gloria (Van Morrison)
    Proud Mary (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
    Untitled by Social D., just because it's (one of) my favorite song(s) ever and that's a good enough reason
  • Options
    steky78steky78 Posts: 64
    Something from Nirvana... "Polly" seems a good idea to me...
    Athens,GR-30/9/06
    London,GB-25/6/10
    Berlin,DE-30/6/10
    Werchter,BE-4/7/10
    East Troy,US-3/9/11
    East Troy,US-4/9/11
    Toronto,CA-11/9/11
    Toronto,CA-12/9/11
    Prague,CZ-2/7/12
    Berlin,DE-4/7/12
    Stockholm,SE-7/7/12
    Oslo,NO-9/7/12
    Copenhagen,DK-10/7/12
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    "I'm Gone" by Lloyd Cole; this would work best as an Ed solo cover, unless Matt wanted to do backing vocals. Why? 'Cause it's an amazing little song, and Lloyd does not get enough love for his solo efforts, and I think Ed puts so much feeling into his singing that it would be awesome. :D
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Karley wrote:
    i keep saying it over and over again... id love to hear them play pere ubu's "final solution"

That's a brilliant choice! Wow! :!:

they would fuckin nail it!

for those of you not familiar with final solution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VelS-YCtHV4

Wow, I just heard this song for the first time. Guitar rifts seriously sound like Uncle Neil and PJ combined. Thanks for sharing and it would be way cool if they covered this song.
  • Options
    It would be incredible to hear either of these...

Imagine - Lennon
    Hey Joe - Hendrix
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    I'm surprised they haven't done any Clash covers. Personally I'd like to hear Lost in the Supermarket or Death and Glory. I would also be pretty thrilled with some Van Morrison-Astral Weeks would be my dream but And It Stoned Me would be nice too.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I'm listening to I Want You (She's So Heavy) right now...PJ should totally cover this one...Mike would KILL the solo.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    Karley wrote:
    i keep saying it over and over again... id love to hear them play pere ubu's "final solution"

That's a brilliant choice! Wow! :!:

they would fuckin nail it!

for those of you not familiar with final solution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VelS-YCtHV4

Wow, I just heard this song for the first time. Guitar rifts seriously sound like Uncle Neil and PJ combined. Thanks for sharing and it would be way cool if they covered this song.

yeup... i can definately see/hear mike doing all those guitar effect
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    steky78steky78 Posts: 64
    What do you say about "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"-Led Zeppelin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDViSlsSM
    Athens,GR-30/9/06
    London,GB-25/6/10
    Berlin,DE-30/6/10
    Werchter,BE-4/7/10
    East Troy,US-3/9/11
    East Troy,US-4/9/11
    Toronto,CA-11/9/11
    Toronto,CA-12/9/11
    Prague,CZ-2/7/12
    Berlin,DE-4/7/12
    Stockholm,SE-7/7/12
    Oslo,NO-9/7/12
    Copenhagen,DK-10/7/12
  • Options
    FREE BIRD
    I got memories i got shit
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    burden in my hand

nutshell
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    Bitches Ain't Shit - Dr. Dre :lol:
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    "Easy Lover" - Phil Collins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1kDmnHyOBg

eV & Corin Tucker (doing Phillip Bailey's part) on lead vocals.

The band doing a middle section jam could be awesome (at 2:43).

Ament, Cameron, Gossard, & McCready sing backup vox on the bridge.

Pure gold.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    dasvidana wrote:
    I'm surprised they haven't done any Clash covers. Personally I'd like to hear Lost in the Supermarket or Death and Glory.

They did Know Your Rights on the '03 tour which is a Clash song, and Arms Aloft is by Joe Strummer, formerly of the Clash.

My picks:
    Cortez the Killer- Neil Young
    Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones, mostly because Eddie killed his parts when he did it with the Stones, soooo good

At an Eddie solo show, I would love to see him do Pigs on a Wing Parts 1 and 2 by Pink Floyd

Oh and "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. Definitely the greatest song entitled "Good Vibrations", ever :lol::lol:;):D
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    Kraven wrote:
    dasvidana wrote:
    I'm surprised they haven't done any Clash covers. Personally I'd like to hear Lost in the Supermarket or Death and Glory.

They did Know Your Rights on the '03 tour which is a Clash song, and Arms Aloft is by Joe Strummer, formerly of the Clash.

My picks:
    Cortez the Killer- Neil Young
    Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones, mostly because Eddie killed his parts when he did it with the Stones, soooo good

At an Eddie solo show, I would love to see him do Pigs on a Wing Parts 1 and 2 by Pink Floyd

Oh and "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. Definitely the greatest song entitled "Good Vibrations", ever :lol::lol:;):D

I knew about the Joe Strummer song on this past tour, but I had forgotten about the other. I stand corrected. Would still like to hear Lost in the Supermarket though.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    Kraven wrote:
    Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones, mostly because Eddie killed his parts when he did it with the Stones, soooo good.
    The Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers
    Tom Waits - Hoist That Rag
    Bob Marley - Jammin'
    The Avett Brothers - Tin Man
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    luchshelluchshel Posts: 10
    I've been listening to a lot of Sirius radio lately and in particluar Channel 19 - The Boneyard. For those of you that don't listen, the channel is mostly heavy rock/metal bands from the 60's-80's. Zepplin, Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy, Blue Oyster Cult .... An artist I always liked and do hear quite a bit is Ted Nugent. The other day I was driving home and Stranglehold came on. It was about half way through right in the long jam in the song when I thought ..... I would love to hear Pearl Jam play this!

Any thoughts?

I can just hear Mike and Stone switching off in the jam and Matt and Jeff taking them out of it and into the closing vocals.
    What you are speaks so loudly that I can not hear what you say.
  • Options
    CB1279CB1279 Posts: 134
    Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin

Obviously Ed would have to put his own take on it, but I think they would rock it out
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    OK now we're picking up some steam, Working Man/Rush was a good one, oh yeah, I'd die for Cortez/Neil. Doors, sure. Zep, uh-huh, anything would be great.

Govt Mule slaughtered War Pigs on their live album, some Black Sabbath would be cool. War Pigs just seems like so ... them!

So many beatles tunes, but still: Hey Bulldog or Baby Your a Rich Man.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    hallelujah - leonard cohen

EV solo cover
  • Options
    1. Stooges- Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, Raw Power, or Search and Destroy
    2. NY Dolls- Personality Crisis
    3. Motorhead- Ace of Spades or Eat the Rich
  • Options
    Ed should do a cover of Local H's "Eddie Vedder" :lol:

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • Options
    If PJ20 is at Alpine, I'd like to see 'em do "The House is Rockin'" by SRV.

And "My Way" from Sinatra... :lol:
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

EV solo cover

:thumbup:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Ed should do a cover of Local H's "Eddie Vedder" :lol:

-Chris

Or Weird Al's "My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder"
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    jb7049jb7049 Posts: 75
    Humble Pie - For your Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6oiN2Le1YU
    Saratoga, NY 8.27.00, Boston, MA 9.29.04, Denver, CO 7.2.06 (with Tom Petty), The Spectrum 10.30.09, The Spectrum 10.31.09, Buffalo, NY 5.10.10, Newark, NJ 5.18.10, New York, NY 6.21.11 (EV Solo), Toronto, ON 9.11.11 (Neil Young Appearance!), Hamilton, ON 9.15.11, Fenway Park 8.5.16
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    I actually wish they wouldn't do any covers at all.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921

EV solo cover

Absolutely yes.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."