don't sell out night 1

and boston 2011 happens

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    montreal night 2 is obvious

sell out night 1

and night 2 happens

no need to create a post or 8 where you ramble on and on ;) .... lay off the pipe a little man ;)
    I am not sure that I agree on Montreal night 2 being "obvious" ... but I do agree about the rambling on ... geez!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    BeerBaron wrote:

sell out night 1

and night 2 happens

no need to create a post or 8 where you ramble on and on ;) .... lay off the pipe a little man ;)
    I am not sure that I agree on Montreal night 2 being "obvious" ... but I do agree about the rambling on ... geez!

just going off my shitty memory

there are never that many days off between shows

and montreal on a wednesday? is that a guaranteed sellout? i guess it probably is but i don't know

if they announced 2 shows then thursday/fri would be everyones focus... esp the casual fan

maybe they're planning a conan or letterman appearance to promote the film - is conan back in ny?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,906
    BeerBaron wrote:

sell out night 1

and night 2 happens

Rambling about it is great. To get the message across. Best to try. If you don't try, you loose your chance of being heard. Plus speaking from a guy who lives in Atlantic Canada, it would be great to have another show close by on the east coast for those that don't want to travel all the way to Ontario, who are getting 4 show's. ;)
  • Options

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156834

:think: :P
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    don't sell out night 1

and boston 2011 happens

That had more to do with the Bruins still being alive in the playoffs than it did a handful of unsold rear stage seats. Which would have been tolerable had the Philly debacle of 2010 not unfolded right after Newark was announced. Ugh. Thank god I am only a pink hat hockey fan. Go B's! :D

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091

just going off my shitty memory

there are never that many days off between shows

and montreal on a wednesday? is that a guaranteed sellout? i guess it probably is but i don't know

if they announced 2 shows then thursday/fri would be everyones focus... esp the casual fan

maybe they're planning a conan or letterman appearance to promote the film - is conan back in ny?
    A Thursday night in Montreal is no more of a guaranteed sell out than a Wednesday.

I 100% agree with you that a gap that big between shows would indicate shows to be added 99% of the time. But the whole thing with TIFF put this situation in that other 1%. There is a very good chance that the band wants to get to Toronto to enjoy a few days of TIFF festivities before the Toronto shows. And one of those days will specifically be the PJ20 Premiere. Lets say the 8th is a day off and PJ20 happens on the 9th, the 10th is a day off and the shows in Toronto are the 11th and 12th. That is not a far fetched scenario.

That said, these Boston rumours seem to be gaining some tractions, including some crazy suggestions of a Fenway show on the 9th. So who really knows...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    BeerBaron wrote:
    A Thursday night in Montreal is no more of a guaranteed sell out than a Wednesday.

I 100% agree with you that a gap that big between shows would indicate shows to be added 99% of the time. But the whole thing with TIFF put this situation in that other 1%. There is a very good chance that the band wants to get to Toronto to enjoy a few days of TIFF festivities before the Toronto shows. And one of those days will specifically be the PJ20 Premiere. Lets say the 8th is a day off and PJ20 happens on the 9th, the 10th is a day off and the shows in Toronto are the 11th and 12th. That is not a far fetched scenario.

That said, these Boston rumours seem to be gaining some tractions, including some crazy suggestions of a Fenway show on the 9th. So who really knows...

also, media requests ... they will probably do a bunch of interviews and Toronto makes the most sense to do it all at once ...
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    don't sell out night 1

and boston 2011 happens

That had more to do with the Bruins still being alive in the playoffs than it did a handful of unsold rear stage seats. Which would have been tolerable had the Philly debacle of 2010 not unfolded right after Newark was announced. Ugh. Thank god I am only a pink hat hockey fan. Go B's! :D

2011 jimmy... not 2010
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156834

:think: :P

:x :mrgreen:
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    demetrios wrote:
    genevieve wrote:
    I would put more money on them announcing a Montreal night 2 show after Montreal night 1 than adding another Toronto show. But that's just my opinion.

My thought's exactly! :P

Hahaha! I was so confused at first! LOL You sneak..... :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    Go B's! :D

:thumbup:
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,357
    As per the response I received from the 10 Club : members attempting to get tickets to multiple Canadian tour shows will have to purchase each set of tickets separately. Good luck everybody.
  • Options
    ckokeckoke Posts: 63
    My girlfriend and I are going to the two shows in Toronto.

We are really stoked to see Pearl Jam again.

It will be worth the 6-hour travel to get up to Toronto, ON.
    8/25/98 - Pittsburgh
    5/20/06 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    6/22/08 - Washington DC
    5/06/10 - Columbus
    7/02/11 - Soundgarden Toronto
    9/11/11 - Toronto
    9/12/11 - Toronto
    5/12/13 - Soundgarden Pittsburgh
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh
    7/27/14 - Soundgarden Toronto
    11/04/16 - Temple of the Dog - Upper Darby, PA
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    ckoke wrote:
    My girlfriend and I are going to the two shows in Toronto.

We are really stoked to see Pearl Jam again.

It will be worth the 6-hour travel to get up to Toronto, ON.

nice, you should come to the pre-party
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    should montreal and or vancouver atleast get a 2nd show? toronto is the biggest city in canada they got a 2nd show plus pj always go there, of course cause of the population, but vancouver and montreal are not small, and they have the best weed of all of canada, toronto dont have nothing on those cities, van and montreal is more fun common pj more shows? i will buy more tickets :lol:
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    yes Vancouver needs 2..........will sell out quick
    ajb
  • Options
    wpg pearl wrote:
    yes Halifax needs 2..........will sell out quick

Hell yeah! 8-)

First one sold out pretty fast back in '05. Don't see why they can't get 2 nights back to back. :angel:
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    looking at our airmiles and other options to get to montreal (recent new homeowners) if not, have fun ppls !
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    rH259321rH259321 Posts: 13
    hey guys and girls. Long time member, very infrequent poster.
    I have a plan forming, I was idly looking at the Canadian dates the other day whhen a friend of mine mentioned some plans to travel south-east Canada in September but he'd ideally like someone to go with. So we obviously put 2 and 2 together and made Awesome Canadian road trip. We're in the UK, flights are looking like about £500. He drives so we'd probably fly into Toronto and try to catch the Ottawa and Hamilton shows to. So I have 2 questions.

1. Any advice for doing this on a budget? We've got a fair bit of travelling experience between us and we're quite happy to stay in hostels or even the car if it comes to it, but would prefer not to get stabbed in our sleep.
    2. Absolute must sees in the area? don't mind travelling a ways if it's worth it.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    rH259321 wrote:
    I have a plan forming, I was idly looking at the Canadian dates the other day whhen a friend of mine mentioned some plans to travel south-east Canada in September but he'd ideally like someone to go with. So we obviously put 2 and 2 together and made Awesome Canadian road trip. We're in the UK, flights are looking like about £500. He drives so we'd probably fly into Toronto and try to catch the Ottawa and Hamilton shows to. So I have 2 questions.

1. Any advice for doing this on a budget? We've got a fair bit of travelling experience between us and we're quite happy to stay in hostels or even the car if it comes to it, but would prefer not to get stabbed in our sleep.
    2. Absolute must sees in the area? don't mind travelling a ways if it's worth it.
    Please read the This All Encompassing Trip: Chasing Pearl Jam Around The World by Jason Leung. I strongly believe that you will find lots of answers in this book.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    Here you go.
    http://thisallencompassingtrip.com/

The complete guide to the Canadian tour experience :)
    Or I can meet you for a pint in London to chat about it.
    Jason
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    you wont get stabbed wherever you go-
    so plan on $200 per night for a hotel in the city or 45-1 hr drive to a campsite for $30.
    Toronto arena is right downtown where many hotels are and a fine place to walk around.
    Ottawa staudium us out of town so not sure what the best plan is there.
    stay at any hotel along the way they will be good enough
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 651
    Any opinions out there as far as Montreal and Ottawa venues and general past concert experiences. We're from Vancouver and are looking at a visit for the shows combined with holiday. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,584
    rH259321 wrote:

You definately don't want to go to Toronto then, very bad place, stabbings, shootings,etc. So you might be best to go everywhere else but Toronto :D I'll take that chance for you and go to Toronto both nights and if I survive I'll write a nice review for you.......... :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    cfbd68 wrote:
    This isn't good news :? .
    tinz. wrote:
    the acc in toronto is possibly the worst place on the planet for a concert just sayin

I only have 1 week to decide where to go, Toronto for 2 shows or Montreal on my Birthday :mrgreen: .
    See PJ in Montreal on your Birthday 8-) .
    As of now I'm leaning towards a Birthday Celebration :mrgreen: !
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    MoodyBowmanMoodyBowman Posts: 28
    rH259321 wrote:

In Toronto here's the Global Village Backpackers hostel which is central but in a decent area and has it's own bar for $25/night http://www.globalbackpackers.com/# I've stayed there a couple times when partying in TO and no complaints. From Toronto it's about a 50 min. drive to Hamilton, you'll want to hit up Hess Village for it's mass amounts of different pubs/bars and only a few blocks away from where PJ will be playing..there a couple of cheap hotels in that area as well.

We live in the area so will be going to all of the shows, let us know if you're into pre/post drinks etc etc

Absolute must see is Niagara Falls!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Booked my hotel for Montreal last night. At the Novotel across from the venue. Good times ahead!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Good luck everyone! :)
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    maybe I missed it, but is there a price for the Canadian shows, specifically the Toronto shows.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."