Options

PEARL JAM CANADA 2011

Comments

• Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Why the Pacific Coliseum and not Roger's Centre? I like Yaletown...and my weekend will not be the same Vancouver getaway that I enjoy if I have to stay near PNE. Also...public transport from the airport takes twice as long to get to PNE... :(
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    edited May 2011
    New onsale times for the Canadian Tour....nice.
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    From what I've been reading around the boards the 10C is aware of our ticketing concerns and are potentially working on staggering the times with an update to come out in the coming days...

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156626&p=3645525#p3645866
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    As per a previous post of mine, depending on the Toronto Date, I will set up a block of rooms at my hotel for you all. Upgrades for all!!! Just don't trash the place.

Any update on this very generous offer? :)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Coming from the UK. Looking for people or someone to drive about the 1st 5 shows with, I can't drive myself, would be willing to pay for my share of not driving as well as plenty of gas.

I'd ideally fly back to UK from Toronto but thats not a prob.
  • Options
    ShadowShadow London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 177
    sparky_fry wrote:
    As per a previous post of mine, depending on the Toronto Date, I will set up a block of rooms at my hotel for you all. Upgrades for all!!! Just don't trash the place.

I'm in...is your hotel near the venue? PM me pls!
    Escape is never --- the safest path
    2005.09.12-London; 2006.05.09-Toronto; 2007.08.05-Lolla; 2008.08.13-EV Toronto; 2009.08.21-Toronto; 2009.10.30-Philly; 2010.05.06-Columbus; 2010.05.07-Noblesville; 2011.06.26-EV Detroit; 2011.09.11-Toronto; 2011.09.12-Toronto; 2011.09.15-Hamilton; 2013.07.16-London; 2013.07.19-Wrigley Field; 2014.10.16-Detroit; 2016.05.08 Ottawa, 2016.05.10-Toronto; 2016.05.12-Toronto; 2016.08.20 Wrigley Field; 2016.08.22 Wrigley Field; 2018.08.18-Wrigley Field; 2018.08.20-Wrigley Field; 2021.09.24/25 - EV Ohana; 2021.09.26 Ohana; 2021.10.01 Ohana; 2021.10.02 - Ohana; 2022.09.03-Ottawa; 2022.09.06-Hamilton; 2022.09.08-Toronto; 2022.09.16-Nashville; 2023.08.31 7 09.02 Minnesota; 2023.09.05 & 09.07 Chicago; 2024.05.04 Vancouver 1; 2024.05.06 Vancouver 2; 2024.05.10 Portland
  • Options
    cant wait to get my first canadian shows under my belt! looks like im roadtripping from columbus for two toronto shows and then using my airmiles to go to the vancouver! damn right, couldnt be more excited! anyone been to a show at pacific colliseum? was epecting gm place. good venue?
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,584
    Shadow wrote:
    sparky_fry wrote:

Like wise, I would be very interested, PM PLS
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Shadow wrote:
    sparky_fry wrote:

i think he said he wouldnt be able to because it runs the same time as TIFF :( it was a nice offer though

pm me if im wrong MrM :D:lol:
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    cant wait to get my first canadian shows under my belt! looks like im roadtripping from columbus for two toronto shows and then using my airmiles to go to the vancouver! damn right, couldnt be more excited! anyone been to a show at pacific colliseum? was epecting gm place. good venue?
    I saw Alice in Chains there in '07. I loved the venue. A lot more intimate than Rogers Arena. Sound was pretty good as well I thought. Although the Herbs I had in BC may have messed with my senses a bit ;)
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    im so exiting to visit canada!!!!i hope ill be lucky to score tix,!!!!!great!!! :D
    You coming to Toronto? Will Buy you a beer for that Why You Don't Bitching shirt you sent me a while back.
  • Options
    Shadow wrote:
    sparky_fry wrote:
    update on this very generous offer? :)

i think he said he wouldnt be able to because it runs the same time as TIFF :( it was a nice offer though

pm me if im wrong MrM :D:lol:
    yeah - Can't do a block as it is over TIFF. Multiple PM's have been sent.....
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    I saw Alice in Chains there in '07. I loved the venue. A lot more intimate than Rogers Arena. Sound was pretty good as well I thought. Although the Herbs I had in BC may have messed with my senses a bit ;)

Dude had to be the herb 8-) .....other than some good memories from 94 and 82 the coliseum doesn’t hold a candle to Rogers Arena. Far nicer fan amenities plus being downtown makes RA an easy winner. PJ has played the last three Vancouver shows at RA hasn't played the coliseum since 98 .......RA must be already booked?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 356
    Hawkshore wrote:

Dude had to be the herb 8-) .....other than some good memories from 94 and 82 the coliseum doesn’t hold a candle to Rogers Arena. Far nicer fan amenities plus being downtown makes RA an easy winner. PJ has played the last three Vancouver shows at RA hasn't played the coliseum since 98 .......RA must be already booked?
    ya, i was quite shocked when they said it was the coliseum, im assuming rogers must be booked already. i think it holds about 3-4 thousand less than rogers, so, depending on how bad they want to go home, a second show is a very real possibility. 09 should have been too, but they had ridgefield booked for the next night.
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    PEARL JAM PLEASE ANNOUNCE WHATS UP FOR 8-9-10 SEPT ALL 3 DAYS OFF? ARE YALL FILMING THE DEBUT OF MOVIE AT FILM FEST IN TORONTO? OR WAITING TO SEE IF MONTREAL NIGHT 1 SELLS OUT TO ADD A NIGHT 2? I ALSO HEAR RUMORS OF POSSIBLE LONDON ONTARIO SHOW ON SEPT 9 OR 10 LIKE LAST TIME? IS THIS POSSIBLE?

I SEE A 3RD TORONTO SHOW AT ACC IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT VENUE IS BOOKED WITH OTHER SHOWS THOSE DAYS. BUT MONTREAL AND LONDON IS NOT RIDUCLOUS TO THINK??

I HAVE SEEN PJ FOR 12 YEARS. WHENEVER THEY GAP DAYS LIKE THAT IT USUALY TO ADD A 2ND NIGHT, THEY DID IT ALOT IN PAST IN NY CITY, PHILLY BOSTON ETC.

PLUS MONTREAL IS THE 1ST SHOW OF THE TOUR

someone in here said they maybe want to go sightseeing, but thats a freakin joke, pj has gone to montreal and toronto several times, i dont think eddie is gonna be like hey lets take 3 days off so we can go to the toronto zoo, and visit the cn tower, that is retarded. ya i can see it, if pearl jam is touring costa rica, or some place they never been, or maybe brasil or a palce they been 1 time. but not up here no fuckin way

something is up on 1 of those 3 days. i can easily see them have a day off on the 10 cause 11 and 12 is acc toronto.

but either the 8th or 9th, it has to be the toronto film fest and they all going to it for hte pj 20 movie, or they gonna add another show? makes no sense every other show is 1 day off in between at most, with way more travel than montreal to toronto! i know how promoting concerts work, something is up film fest or show??????? film fest or show?
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    really hoping VANCOUVER sells out super fast and they add a 2ND night............ :mrgreen:
    ajb
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    my opinion is no 2nd show at montreal
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,906
    I HAVE SEEN PJ FOR 12 YEARS. WHENEVER THEY GAP DAYS LIKE THAT IT USUALY TO ADD A 2ND NIGHT, THEY DID IT ALOT IN PAST IN NY CITY, PHILLY BOSTON ETC.

Exactly! :)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    demetrios wrote:

Fingers crossed that this happens!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I really think that Gap is Film fest related. I am doubting a second show in Montreal.
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Fingers crossed that this happens!

it is just a good point. im sure 99.9 percent chance pearl jam takes the day off on the 10th as they have shows 11th and 12th in toronto. but 8,9 both off if they are not doing the film fest. id think they would want to play 1 of those nights?
    i look at bell centre which used to be molson, and pj is the only show booked for sept they can ahve the arena a 2nd night if they want on the 8 or 9
    and someone said montreal 05 did not sell out that might be the case, but that place holds 19k for concerts i think, and id say the ticket sold probably were atleast 17k it was mostly filled, and the other times at that place they were sold out more than once im pretty sure, is een them there in 98, 2000,2003,2005 it the only place pj plays in montreal now for whatever reason it the only place really, but ya this is the widest years 6 which they gone between shows there, and no atlantic canada like halifax, st johns etc, i think it can sell good for 2 days there?

if not? i looked at other places lol, quebec city like 05 could that be possible? what about london ontario 8th or 9th before toronto show then?
    please play another show if no film fest. i like movies, but i love live concerts :D
  • Options
    I really think that Gap is Film fest related. I am doubting a second show in Montreal.

i think montreal deserves a 2nd show though if the first can sell out, and pj wants to make that happen. toronto always gets shows, pj played both montreal and toronto on 05 tour 1 time. i didnt go to toronto show that year, went to montreal, went to ottawa ottawa was the best, but they went to toronto 2x in 06 which i both went, then pj next show in toronto was 2009 right, and then they went their again last year at molson amp was it? so pj has had 4 toronto shows in toronto, since montreal has had any show.

if montreal cant sell out 2 nights pj or near to 2 nights, it kind of lame that the 2nd or 3rd biggest city in canada, there is good 2 million people, and if 5k people or something would travel from nova scotia newfoundland and stuff, why cant it sell 2 nights out?
    and ya i get toronto is the biggest or near biggest market in north america for almost anything cause of the size. i just want more shows to go to, and hope pj can add a show, they usually are happy with 2 of 3 days off, and play for us little fuckers in 1 of the days and add a show please? they will get paid for it, and we will have fun :lol:
  • Options
    i must thank pj though for not playing bluesfest, and instead playing their own show in the hockey arena, it is so much better, than that stupid bluesfest venue, even though the arena is in the middle of nowhere in kanata, why did they build it there?
  • Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    i must thank pj though for not playing bluesfest, and instead playing their own show in the hockey arena, it is so much better, than that stupid bluesfest venue, even though the arena is in the middle of nowhere in kanata, why did they build it there?
    I prefer indoor PJ shows to festival shows anyways. Don't get me wrong, I love a good festival, but PJ's energy just radiates off the walls of an arena.
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the gap is likely press related responsibilities ... related to the film fest, documentary and their 20th anniversary ... they will likely be doing lots of media stuff ... i do know that eddie did some SUP when he was hear during his massey shows .. and heck, if the families are touring with them ... i can see them doing family things ...

i doubt they will add any more shows in that time frame ...
  • Options
    wpg pearl wrote:
    really hoping VANCOUVER sells out super fast and they add a 2ND night............ :mrgreen:
    i am prepared to put money on there being at 2nd van show on the 26th, for reasons being last stop of the tour so they have no commitments immediately after the 25th show and they are playing at pacific collesum you would think rogers arena would be the obvious venue so i went to rogers arena website it is booked for kieth urban on the 26th so maybe pj choose somewhere also being pacific collesum so they can play a 2nd nite.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    wpg pearl wrote:
    i am prepared to put money on there being at 2nd van show on the 26th, for reasons being last stop of the tour so they have no commitments immediately after the 25th show and they are playing at pacific collesum you would think rogers arena would be the obvious venue so i went to rogers arena website it is booked for kieth urban on the 26th so maybe pj choose somewhere also being pacific collesum so they can play a 2nd nite.
    Hmmm, good observation on venue choice. I wondered why Pacific Coliseum also.
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I would put more money on them announcing a Seattle show after Vancouver night 1 than adding another Vancouver show. But thats just my opinion.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,906
    genevieve wrote:
    I would put more money on them announcing a Montreal night 2 show after Montreal night 1 than adding another Toronto show. But that's just my opinion.

My thought's exactly! :P
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    montreal night 2 is obvious

sell out night 1

and night 2 happens

no need to create a post or 8 where you ramble on and on ;) .... lay off the pipe a little man ;)