Options

PEARL JAM CANADA 2011

Comments

• Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    benjs wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    Not much time between PJ Fest and the rumoured Montreal date September 7; then only one day between Hamilton and Winnipeg...gonna be a tight schedule.
    Honestly, I think we all need to stop referring to this as a festival, as we don't really know. More and more I'm thinking this is just going to be two or three nights of longer than usual sets, with special guests to jam with. And if that's the case, really, the band can handle this fine. It's just a tour with a few special shows at the beginning of it.
    Yeah, I'm with you on that! I should have used PJ-Fun-Time-Weekend.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    awilkins wrote:
    Not much time between PJ Fest and the rumoured Montreal date September 7; then only one day between Hamilton and Winnipeg...gonna be a tight schedule.
    Edit. See post below.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    So this is what we have...

Montreal - Sept 7
    Hamilton - Sept 15
    Winnipeg - Sept 17
    Edmonton - Sept 23

My guess is that the rest of it will fit in something like this:

Ottawa (or maybe Kingston?) - Sept 8
    Toronto - Sept 10 and/or 11th and/or 12th (probably 2 shows)
    London - Sept 14
    Saskatoon - Sept 19
    Calgary - Sept 21
    Vancouver - Sept 24

There still seems to be a bit of a hole for an additional date between Winnipeg and Edmonton, which is odd because there really isn't another city that makes sense for them to play unless the backtrack from Winnipeg back to Thunder Bay before going on to S'Toon.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    JC231942JC231942 Posts: 29
    They did Kitchener and London last time....announcement Monday, tix on sale 10 Club May 24th.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    BeerBaron wrote:

Montreal - Sept 7
    Hamilton - Sept 15
    Winnipeg - Sept 17
    Edmonton - Sept 23

London - Sept 14
    Saskatoon - Sept 19
    Calgary - Sept 21
    Vancouver - Sept 24

There still seems to be a bit of a hole for an additional date between Winnipeg and Edmonton, which is odd because there really isn't another city that makes sense for them to play unless the backtrack from Winnipeg back to Thunder Bay before going on to S'Toon.
    that dates means..4 shows for me.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JC231942 wrote:
    They did Kitchener and London last time....announcement Monday, tix on sale 10 Club May 24th.
    That is a really long time for 10C tickets to go on sale after an announcement ... over a week. Doesn't seem to add up to me. Maybe public on sale would be the 24th and 10C would be the 17th or 18th... ?
  • Options
    JC231942 wrote:
    I would kill for another Kitchener show...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    BeerBaron wrote:
    JC231942 wrote:
    That is a really long time for 10C tickets to go on sale after an announcement ... over a week. Doesn't seem to add up to me. Maybe public on sale would be the 24th and 10C would be the 17th or 18th... ?

It does seem long, but I would really like if they did go on sale a week later, it would really help to plan this out.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    JC231942 wrote:

It does seem long, but I would really like if they did go on sale a week later, it would really help to plan this out.
    I would like that too, for the same reason. I just don't see it happening...
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Hoping there's 2 shows in Toronto 8-) . My wife already has her vacation early September, is willing to head north of the boarder with me & celebrate my B.D. on the 7th in Canada ;) . Passport is ready to be stamped. Looking forward to seeing all you Crazy Canucks :mrgreen: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    BeerBaron wrote:

Montreal - Sept 7
    Hamilton - Sept 15
    Winnipeg - Sept 17
    Edmonton - Sept 23

London - Sept 14
    Saskatoon - Sept 19
    Calgary - Sept 21
    Vancouver - Sept 24

A show every second night seems reasonable...You've got them playing 17-19-21-23.....
    But if there turns out to be one more show...Regina? The capital was the traditional Saskatchewan tour stop before the Credit Union Centre (if its still called that) was built in Saskatoon...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    I'm going away on the 22nd until the end of June, so I'm seriously hoping that guess of on-sale date on the 24th is wrong!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    A show every second night seems reasonable...You've got them playing 17-19-21-23.....
    But if there turns out to be one more show...Regina? The capital was the traditional Saskatchewan tour stop before the Credit Union Centre (if its still called that) was built in Saskatoon...
    Their tour patterns very rarely have that many off-days over a short period. Generally speaking there are back-to-back shows followed by an off night. Rinse and repeat. It gets costly to have the tour buses and the crew sitting around on too many off days, so I would expect that to do the norm and try to squeeze things in tighther than these rumoured dates indicate. But who knows. I am just happy that it looks like the boys are coming north on the border again ... so soon :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Their tour patterns very rarely have that many off-days over a short period. Generally speaking there are back-to-back shows followed by an off night. Rinse and repeat. It gets costly to have the tour buses and the crew sitting around on too many off days, so I would expect that to do the norm and try to squeeze things in tighther than these rumoured dates indicate. But who knows. I am just happy that it looks like the boys are coming north on the border again ... so soon :mrgreen:
    Ya you’re right...I guess we have no way of knowing what factors influence their ability to maintain a similar pattern on this tour so it’s all guessing. I’m starting to wonder if they got pissed about this thread letting the cat out of the bag and are rescheduling everything just to piss us off :D
    Would it make any sense for them to dip down to the states for a show or two along the way? Minneapolis or Missoula? They’ve crossed borders for just a couple shows during past tours…

I'm with you man, just happy to have 'em..if you end up in Edmonton I'll buy you a Beer, Baron :)
  • Options
    cindbricindbri Posts: 88
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Ya you’re right...I guess we have no way of knowing what factors influence their ability to maintain a similar pattern on this tour so it’s all guessing. I’m starting to wonder if they got pissed about this thread letting the cat out of the bag and are rescheduling everything just to piss us off :D
    Would it make any sense for them to dip down to the states for a show or two along the way? Minneapolis or Missoula? They’ve crossed borders for just a couple shows during past tours…

I'm with you man, just happy to have 'em..if you end up in Edmonton I'll buy you a Beer, Baron :)

I would wet myself if a dip down to Minneapolis happened. I'm not trying to be greedy though, shit I'll take Thunder Bay or Fargo for that matter.
  • Options
    Edmonton is a possibility, so I may take you up on that beer :mrgreen:
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    BeerBaron wrote:

I manage a huge liquor/wine store so come buy from me and I'll hook you up with a sweet deal! Sept can't come soon enough :D
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

I manage a huge liquor/wine store so come buy from me and I'll hook you up with a sweet deal! Sept can't come soon enough :D
    Weren't you guys voted best liquor store in the Edmonton area by SEE magazine, or Vue weekly or something?
    You do have a great selection :) Think you could close the doors the afternoon of Sept.23 for a private party? :D
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Yup, we've been voted "Best Of" three years ;) Over 7300sqft and more than 1600 wines...let alone spirits, beer and such.

I know a pub owner down on Whyte that might be able to do something? :o Maybe for a pre-party?
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    Two more big concert announcements for Calgary on Monday...
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    Hmm ... this is all starting to add up to something here :)
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    Hmm ... this is all starting to add up to something here :)
    It sure is, and I hope it's my credit card bill as I'll hopefully be seeing lots of shows!!
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    awilkins wrote:

Foo Fighters in Toronto is being announced today at 6pm... August 9th at the ACC apparently. So maybe the Foo's are playing Calgary too. Could be one of the two announcements...
  • Options
    adeldayadelday Posts: 21
    RD171825 wrote:
    awilkins wrote:

Foo Fighters in Toronto is being announced today at 6pm... August 9th at the ACC apparently. So maybe the Foo's are playing Calgary too. Could be one of the two announcements...

Foos and Pearl Jam shows this fall would be stellar. I love both live.
  • Options
    jad35jad35 Posts: 17
    EDMONTON SEPTEMBER 23!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,960
    BeerBaron wrote:

Montreal - Sept 7
    Hamilton - Sept 15
    Winnipeg - Sept 17
    Edmonton - Sept 23

London - Sept 14
    Saskatoon - Sept 19
    Calgary - Sept 21
    Vancouver - Sept 24

Nothing east of Montreal? :cry:
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    I'm trying to be happy for the rest of Canada. However, this is the first year in awhile I won't be able to travel to see any shows (new baby etc...). So its a little bittersweet for me. Glad to see overall but sad nevertheless. Anyway, I don't think this be called a Canadian tour without including at least one city from the maritimes. Let's call it the tour that includes parts of Canada. ;-)
  • Options
    adeldayadelday Posts: 21
    jad35 wrote:
    EDMONTON SEPTEMBER 23!

Where is this date from??
    Hopefully Calgary is after Edmonton then I don't have to take any time off work to hit up both shows!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,960
    sward wrote:
    I'm trying to be happy for the rest of Canada. However, this is the first year in awhile I won't be able to travel to see any shows (new baby etc...). So its a little bittersweet for me. Glad to see overall but sad nevertheless. Anyway, I don't think this be called a Canadian tour without including at least one city from the maritimes. Let's call it the tour that includes parts of Canada. ;-)

Exactly! You can't call it a Canadian Tour if there is no New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia or Newfoundland province on the bill.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    BeerBaron wrote:

Montreal - Sept 7
    Hamilton - Sept 15
    Winnipeg - Sept 17
    Edmonton - Sept 23

London - Sept 14
    Saskatoon - Sept 19
    Calgary - Sept 21
    Vancouver - Sept 24

that dates means..4 shows for me.. :D

If ya make it to ottawa or montreal I have to buy you a beer!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V