how was it? your 1st Pearl Jam concert...

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    mookie9999 wrote:
    1995-06-22 Sacramento California Cal Expo

Set 1 Release, Last Exit, Spin The Black Circle, Animal, Tremor Christ, Jeremy, Corduroy, Lukin, Not For You, Dissident, Go, Even Flow, Daughter/(Another Brick In The Wall), Rearviewmirror, Habit, Immortality, Whipping, Black, Alive, Blood, Better Man, Sonic Reducer, Porch/(Steppin' Stone), Yellow Ledbetter

Opening Act: Bad Religion

Everything about this show was pure perfection. From the immense difficulty of obtaining tickets to the 110 degree weather everything seemed to fall into place and matter so much when I needed it most. My eyes welled up during Release, I lost my voice during Rearviewmirror, and was never the same by the final chord of Ledbetter. It is still my favorite of all the shows I've seen, will always be my favorite, and is the bootleg I have watched the most by far.

eyes welled up? hehe
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    eyes welled up? hehe

Very rough year for me, so yeah. Even a cold hearted sarcastic prick like myself can have a soft side. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    springfield, ma '94
    with an ex-gf
    great night
    I love to turn you on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    1st real 10c tickets show for me was the PARAMOUNT 94 NY show i knew then that my investment to join the club was a sound one the rest is history :D ...set list look it up ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    St. Louis 1998

Set 1 Oceans, Hail Hail, Brain Of J., Spin The Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Given To Fly, In Hiding, Corduroy, MFC, Wishlist, Nothingman, Habit, Even Flow, Daughter/(Institutionalized), Immortality, Black, Alive
    Encore 1 Do The Evolution, Jeremy, I Got Id, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Fuckin' Up
    Encore 2 Yellow Ledbetter

This was quite an experience. I woke up that morning and I had a cold. I felt weak and was drinking lots of liquids, but there was NO WAY IN HELL I was going to miss this.

I went with my friends Jason and James. We drove up from Columbia, and we talked about what songs we hoped they would play. James wanted Nothingman, Jason wanted Black, I wanted a few - all of our wishes were granted!

We all sat on the lawn. Being that I was still feeling sick (along with a scratchy throat) I couldn't give it my all, but I did my best. I was drinking water periodically the whole time, I left during Nothingman to get more.

This is still the best PJ concert I've been to (I've seen them 5 times).
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Opening: Sonic Youth
    Set List: (Eddie solo before Sonic Youth: Dead Man, Parting Ways) Of The Girl, Breakerfall, State of Love and Trust, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Faithfull, Nothing As It Seems, Corduroy, Untitled, MFC, Habit, I Got Shit, Off He Goes, Gods' Dice, Even Flow, Rival, Animal, Nothingman, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror;
    1st encore: Soon Forget, Better Man, Last Exit, Given To Fly, Footsteps, Last Kiss, Porch;
    2nd encore: Baba O'Riley

9-2-00

It was AMAZING. It was a few weeks before I turned 17, and I went with a bunch of friends and my boyfriend of the time. He was a HUGE fan and being there with him was amazing. I'll never forget him, he was so special to me. I was a fan of Pearl Jam before, but he really opened my love for PJ up. My life changed after seeing this show :)
  • 07/02/03 - Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts: Mansfield (Boston), MA
    support act: Buzzcocks
    preset: Dead Man (Ed solo)
    set: Oceans, Go, Hail Hail, Save You, Deep, Get Right, Dissident, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Help Help, Immortality, In My Tree, Light Years, Evacuation, Whipping, Grievance, Present Tense, Porch
    enc 1: Thumbing My Way, Elderly Woman, Smile, State Of Love And Trust, Leaving Here
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Bushleaguer, Fuckin' Up
    notes: 'Oceans' is gorgeous, taking many by surprise and Ed's voice is strong. Ed states that the band has a plan: "... we've worked up about 70 songs for this tour. We thought we would play three nights without repeating a song and get to every song ... we're actually playing about 105 ... this would put it at about 35 songs a night." Intense staredown between Mike and Ed during the 'Even Flow' solo, almost as if Ed is daring him to keep soloing, which he does for what seems forever. After 'Grievance,' Ed speaks about free speech and the government is cloaking themselves in the flag. He talks about Celine Dion and how she is still under the control of Sony Music etc, comparing her to a robot and that they put too much "ego chip" in her. Then, in reference to his own spitting, he says the reason she doesn't spit is because "I heard she swallows." After a lovely rendition of 'Present Tense,' Ed has a young fan count the "1,2,3,4" opening to 'Porch.' 'Thumbing My Way,' 'Elderly Woman' and 'Smile' are played by request. 'Bushleaguer' gets a rather chilly, confused reception. Ed using the mask, French kisses it and tosses it into the crowd. 'Fuckin' Up' is extended by a couple of minutes, with Mike soloing and the rest of the band jamming with huge smiles on their faces. The venue's 11 pm curfew made for a quick, tight show (although they did go a bit past 11). Great show with the band loving the crowd.

All I gotta say was having Oceans being the first song you see live...(Minus the pre-set) was fucking astounding.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    1994-04-11 Boston Massachusetts Boston Garden

Ed bashed a hole in the stage with the base of the mic stand. It was the monday after kurt cobain died, so everything related to music was a bit off...

I saw them in Memphis about two weeks prior to that date. That was my first show and was it ever exciting! They tagged Suspicious Minds on the end of Daughter and Baba O'Riley was played in the encore :D

The "hole in the stage" was probably a trap-door gag. He did it in Memphis and I've read other reviews from '94 that said similar things.

Hard to believe this was nearly 13 years ago. Wow.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i sorta see my 1st PJ show as two parts, since the SF show was cut short. i just copied & pasted below, courtsey of 5 horizons (best PJ site that ever existed!)

06/24/95 - Golden Gate Park: Polo Fields: San Francisco, CA [140m]
    attendance: 53,440
    support act: Crash and Brittany and Bad Religion
    set: Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Go, Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You
    "NeilJam" set: Big Green Country, Act of Love, Throw Your Hatred Down, Powderfinger, Truth Be Known, Rockin' in the Free World, The Needle and the Damage Done, Hey Hey My My, I'm the Ocean, Down By the River, Downtown, Cortez the Killer
    enc: Peace and Love, Rockin' in the Free World
    notes: Ed leaves the stage ill after seven songs. Neil takes the stage and the audience gets an impressive Mirrorball premier. The crowd behaves poorly.

and then months later....

11/04/95 - Spartan Stadium: San Jose, CA [155m]
    attendance: 35,000
    support act: The Fastbacks and Ben Harper
    soundcheck: Act of Love, I Got Shit, Red Mosquito
    Ed's pre-set: Dead Man
    set: Release, Even Flow, Last Exit, Animal, Dissident, Not for You, Rearviewmirror (w/ Who teaser), Elderly Woman, Go, Glorified G, Daughter/(Young Man Blues)/(W.M.A.), Deep, Jeremy, Corduroy, Lukin, I Got Shit, Spin the Black Circle, Red Mosquito, (So You Want to be a Rock 'n Roll Star), Brain of J, Why Go, Black, Alive/(Voodoo Chile teaser), Blood
    enc: Leaving Here, Better Man, Immortality, Porch, So You Want to be a Rock 'n Roll Star, Indifference
    notes: Ed opens the show early with the (then) unreleased 'Dead Man.' Later he quips, "So these are the faces I would have seen if I could have lifted my head up in San Francisco." After a long departure from these sort of antics, Ed climbs the speaker stacks and scaffolding during 'Porch.' He includes a bit of the 'Three Little Birds' tag in Porch, repeating the "every little thing's gonna be alright" line a few times. Ben Harper and Kim Warnick (from the Fastbacks) join PJ in 'Rock 'n Roll Star.'
  • 09/24/05 St. John's Newfoundland
    12th row.

Can't Keep, Go, Even Flow, Animal, Corduroy, Nothing As it Seems, Given To Fly, Grievance, Daughter/(Bad)/(Hey Ho Let It Go)/(W.M.A.), Lukin, U, Present Tense, Don't Gimme No Lip, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Porch, Save You

Encore 1 Thumbing My Way, I Am Mine, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Black, Rearviewmirror

Encore 2 Whipping, Do The Evolution, Spin The Black Circle, Last Kiss, Leaving Here, Alive, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

I sobbed until halfway through Evenflow. People around me kept asking if i was okay. hahaha.
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    1995-06-22 Sacramento California Cal Expo

Set 1 Release, Last Exit, Spin The Black Circle, Animal, Tremor Christ, Jeremy, Corduroy, Lukin, Not For You, Dissident, Go, Even Flow, Daughter/(Another Brick In The Wall), Rearviewmirror, Habit, Immortality, Whipping, Black, Alive, Blood, Better Man, Sonic Reducer, Porch/(Steppin' Stone), Yellow Ledbetter

Opening Act: Bad Religion

Everything about this show was pure perfection. From the immense difficulty of obtaining tickets to the 110 degree weather everything seemed to fall into place and matter so much when I needed it most. My eyes welled up during Release, I lost my voice during Rearviewmirror, and was never the same by the final chord of Ledbetter. It is still my favorite of all the shows I've seen, will always be my favorite, and is the bootleg I have watched the most by far.
    NO WAY.

NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!

I was at that show too!

it wasn't my first show of PJ - but I was at the Sac show in 95! You have the bootleg???

wait. WHY were you in Sacramento??? (I was going to school...what was your excuse???) This is so freaking WEIRD!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • i sorta see my 1st PJ show as two parts, since the SF show was cut short. i just copied & pasted below, courtsey of 5 horizons (best PJ site that ever existed!)

06/24/95 - Golden Gate Park: Polo Fields: San Francisco, CA [140m]
    attendance: 53,440
    support act: Crash and Brittany and Bad Religion
    set: Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Go, Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You
    "NeilJam" set: Big Green Country, Act of Love, Throw Your Hatred Down, Powderfinger, Truth Be Known, Rockin' in the Free World, The Needle and the Damage Done, Hey Hey My My, I'm the Ocean, Down By the River, Downtown, Cortez the Killer
    enc: Peace and Love, Rockin' in the Free World
    notes: Ed leaves the stage ill after seven songs. Neil takes the stage and the audience gets an impressive Mirrorball premier. The crowd behaves poorly.

and then months later....

11/04/95 - Spartan Stadium: San Jose, CA [155m]
    attendance: 35,000
    support act: The Fastbacks and Ben Harper
    soundcheck: Act of Love, I Got Shit, Red Mosquito
    Ed's pre-set: Dead Man
    set: Release, Even Flow, Last Exit, Animal, Dissident, Not for You, Rearviewmirror (w/ Who teaser), Elderly Woman, Go, Glorified G, Daughter/(Young Man Blues)/(W.M.A.), Deep, Jeremy, Corduroy, Lukin, I Got Shit, Spin the Black Circle, Red Mosquito, (So You Want to be a Rock 'n Roll Star), Brain of J, Why Go, Black, Alive/(Voodoo Chile teaser), Blood
    enc: Leaving Here, Better Man, Immortality, Porch, So You Want to be a Rock 'n Roll Star, Indifference
    notes: Ed opens the show early with the (then) unreleased 'Dead Man.' Later he quips, "So these are the faces I would have seen if I could have lifted my head up in San Francisco." After a long departure from these sort of antics, Ed climbs the speaker stacks and scaffolding during 'Porch.' He includes a bit of the 'Three Little Birds' tag in Porch, repeating the "every little thing's gonna be alright" line a few times. Ben Harper and Kim Warnick (from the Fastbacks) join PJ in 'Rock 'n Roll Star.'

I was at the GGP show my 1st "plugged in" show. Major Letdown!

Bad Religion kicked ass. I should've realized there was a problem when they played for an hour and a half.

yes the crowd was dissapointed. I never witnessed any bad behavior but it was (at the time) the hottest day in SF ever and that was during the days where seeing PJ live was very very rare.

I missed the san jose half (bought em, then just couldn't go)

I have a boot of it though and it was awsome

they've more than made up for it since then!!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,041
    1996-10-07 Ft. Lauderdale Florida F.L. Baseball Stadium

Set 1 Sometimes, Last Exit, Animal, Go, Hail Hail, Dissident, In My Tree, Corduroy, Better Man, Lukin, Not For You, Jeremy, Black, State Of Love And Trust, Satan's Bed, Habit, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive, Porch
    Encore 1 Present Tense, Even Flow, Blood, Daughter/(Noise of Carpet)/(Away from Work)/(The Real Me)/(Another Brick In The Wall), I Got Id, Leaving Here
    Encore 2 Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

To be honest with you, I wasn't that big of a fan of PJ's until I saw them live. Now all my friends make fun of me because how big of a fan I am. This concert changed my lift.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II

wait. WHY were you in Sacramento??? (I was going to school...what was your excuse???) This is so freaking WEIRD!

It's time to come clean on this board. My name is Mookie9999 and I'm a native Californian. Sure I live in NYC now and have adapted a NY swaggart along with a poor attempt at a Soprano's accent. But deep down I am and always will be a Californian.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    It's time to come clean on this board. My name is Mookie9999 and I'm a native Californian. Sure I live in NYC now and have adapted a NY swaggart along with a poor attempt at a Soprano's accent. But deep down I am and always will be a Californian.

of course you are ;)

you're the exiled King of California...you need to get your feet back on your native soil, tho' son...that accent you have adopted is a killer, man. ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • 8-18-93 toronto...

I was eighteen and took my twelve year old brother. we were way in the back and jumped down over the dugout to get on the main floor. I Remember animal, glorified g. Vs. had not come out yet so the new songs were really different for us.. I think it was blues traveler, pj, soundgarden and young neil.not a bad lineup for that time in music.
    ..you need to get your feet back on your native soil,

Mom, is that you?!? I'll probably be in California in March, but just for a visit. No plans to return for good.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• my first show was 9-11-1998 at MSG

Set 1 Release, Hail Hail, Animal, Even Flow, Given To Fly, Corduroy, MFC, Habit, Faithfull, Daughter/(Beginning to See The Light)/(W.M.A.), Wishlist, Nothingman, Immortality, Rearviewmirror, Brain Of J., Black, Do The Evolution

Encore 1 Breath, State Of Love And Trust, Off He Goes, Leatherman, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Mankind, Baba O'Riley

Encore 2 Indifference, Alive
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    1996-10-07 Ft. Lauderdale Florida F.L. Baseball Stadium

This concert changed my lift.

Ft. Laud was my 3rd PJ show.

And you're right. My lift is much higher when I'm watching PJ than at other times.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • FatalFatal Posts: 821
    1998-08-20 Montreal Quebec Molson Centre

Set 1 Sometimes, Corduroy, Animal, Hail Hail, Brain Of J., Red Mosquito, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Not For You, Wishlist, Lukin, Jeremy, Daughter/(Another Brick In The Wall), Present Tense, State Of Love And Trust, Do The Evolution
    Encore 1 Hard To Imagine, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Alive, Black, Leaving Here, Baba O'Riley

Amazing show...the energy when Pearl Jam hit the stage was amazing! Hard to Imagine was a rare treat, and Black was just shattering.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• SpunkieSpunkie Posts: 6,499
    It seemed like pure luck to find a show in my town, shortly after becoming interested in the band. Again, I was lucky not to buy scalper tickets for the "Sold Out" show, as I was given excellent last minute seats sidestage.

There were some people having a love fest a rows in front of me. Probably some guy's fantasy of having oral during a PJ show. There was the possibility for other women to join in, as a couple woman servicing the man in the hat. It was hard to tell, really, as I couldn't unglue my eyes from the stage. It sent my blind date mad, though, and I had to stop listening to check up on him. Before the show, he had the bad manners to discuss his childhood molestation. I cut him off.

It was great seeing the band with the SuperSuckers. Ed sang with them, and I love the Supersuckers "gotta work, and gotta get paid" song. I enjoyed the "giving the bird" song, surprisingly.

Somewhere, a Waldo guy came up to the aisle and started mimicking my dance/sways. Security got rid of him.

I didn't recognize alot of the songs, so I am glad the set-list had some "Ten" hits. Singing along to "LBC" was alright. I was way offbeat, having had only heard the song once before. I loved that "Bee Girl" was presented by Jeff and Ed. Amazing gift.

I didn't know that PJ shows end with the lights up and "Ledbetter", so I left after second encore. (Crappy, I missed Teenage Wasteland.)

All in all, I'd have to say the boys gave me a pretty good ride. I was impressed and glad to see them in all their glory.

I'm getting pissed trying to type this at work, with all the interuptions. So to hell with it. Posting.
  • 9/28/04 = mindblowing!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• September 24, 1996
    Merriweather Post Pavillion

what a wonderful beginning to my Pearl Jam Concert Career...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • 08/21/00 - Polaris Amphitheater: Columbus, OH
    attendance: 20,000
    support act: Sonic Youth

set: Breakerfall, Whipping, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Corduroy, In My Tree, Dissident, Given To Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Grievance, Light Years, Daughter/(Hold On)/(Androgynous Mind), Lukin, Wishlist, Off He Goes, (Romanza)/Better Man, State of Love and Trust, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror

enc 1: Present Tense, Last Exit, Once, Elderly Woman, Leatherman, Nothingman, Porch

enc 2: Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter

6th row from stage, center. Swear to the Zombie Jesus that Matt Cameron looked at me all bewildered when I started my power-pogo during Porch. This show was also bestowed with the Ape/Man logo on the official boot.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    Berlin '06. What a beautiful night and what a venue. The show opening with Go, Save You, Animal and DTE drove the crowd crazy, a really good Black and so many other highlights I'm only able to appreciate in the aftermath as at the show actually I just freaked out :D.

The best thing (although they of course came back in 07): I would have almost missed the show as there was some misunderstanding with the local newspaper I worked for over the free time before first year of university. Had to sell my Vienna tickets on E-Bay and was really, really lucky to find a guy on the German facebook version who had got two cheap tickets and gave one of them away.
  • first concert 12/09/93. Mercer Street Arena
    I wasn't even going to get tickets to this show (the lines were massive).But I got my ticket and it ROCKED!
    Rearviewmirror
    Improv
    Whipping
    Why Go
    Deep
    Dissident
    Go
    Animal
    Jeremy
    Garden
    Blood
    State of Love and Trust
    Daughter(Golden Years)
    Alive
    Once
    Last Exit
    Glorified G
    Porch
    Indifference

Add this: This is the show that Ed pounded the hole in the stage at..
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 30,030
    11/30/93 - Aladdin Theater: Las Vegas, NV [90m]
    attendance: 7,000
    support act: Mudhoney
    set: Even Flow, Once, Deep, Jeremy, Dissident, Daughter/(Instant Karma)/(Across the Universe), Go, Animal, State of Love and Trust, Tremor Christ, Black, Blood, Alive
    enc 1: Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Leash, Porch/(Tearing)
    enc 2: (Green River reunion): Swallow My Pride, Ain't Nothing to Do, My Way
    notes: The show was originally scheduled for the Sands Hotel. 'Tremor Christ' premieres. An apparent Beatles tribute is the 'Daughter' outro, with a series of tunes ended with Ed whispering "Get Back" at the very end. In a near Green River reunion, Mudhoney's Mark McLaughlin and Steve Turner join PJ (with Urge Overkill's drummer, Chuck Treece) for 'Swallow My Pride' and 'Ain't Nothing to Do.' 'Swallow My Pride' and 'My Way' (written by Paul Anka, featuring Terry Presley, an Elvis impersonator assisting on vocals) are recorded to be released as one of the '95 fan club singles.

Oddly, it wasn't all that great. But, the girl I went with was not much of a fan. She is now my wife and has "seen the light!" So, it turned out OK.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino California Glen Helen Blockbuster

Set 1 Rearviewmirror, Go, Animal, State Of Love And Trust, Given To Fly, Grievance, Corduroy, Wishlist, Nothing As it Seems, Evacuation, Even Flow, Light Years, Daughter, Jeremy, Leatherman, Better Man, Nothingman, Spin The Black Circle, Porch
    Encore 1 Breakerfall, Insignificance, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Crazy Mary, U, Do The Evolution
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    Seattle
    12/7/1993

Set 1 Go, Animal, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(Golden Years)/(Across The Universe), Even Flow, State Of Love And Trust, Black, Alive, Blood, Improv (Don't Touch Me There), Porch, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Garden, Leash, Indifference

I have only a couple words..........it was magical, phenomenal, aggressive, perfect.

I remember that they were very very aggressive and at one point stopped the show at the start of RVM while Jeff jumped in the crowd for something. They also drug some kid up on stage and put all of Eddies clothes on him and sent him stage diving off to get every article of clothing ripped off of him.

This was the first show that I tried crowd surfing. During Black even so I was the total cliche. I would never do that again from that day on. Seemed stupid on the ground and was even stupider in the air.

Since then its been a hell of a ride.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    EMPIRE POLO GROUNDS
    Indio, CA
    NOVEMBER, 1993

Shoe the Shoeless show...........
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........