how was it? your 1st Pearl Jam concert...

risarisa Posts: 42
edited January 2008 in The Porch
02/26/95 - Folk Arts Theater: Manila, Philippines
support act: Mudhoney
soundcheck: improv, Better Man jam, Hungerstrike jam
set: Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(Stuff and Nonsense)/(WMA), Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Lukin, Whipping, Immortality, Alive
enc: Satan's Bed, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, Black, Let My Love Open the Door, Indifference
notes: A fan manages to make it onstage during the 'Even Flow' solo. Bouncers pulled him to the side and he has a grip on Ed's hand. The fan fell on the stage, pulling Ed on top of him. Ed gets up just in time to continue the lyrics after Mike's solo, singing "Even Flow ..." Then a fight ensues between the bouncers (trying to protect the fan) and the security guards (who have their billy clubs out). With the large crowd rioting outside the venue, PJ returns to the stage and rips into a furious 'Satan's Bed,' turning up the amps a few notches. Ed throws water over those in front every few songs; everyone is sweating like dogs.

i was only 8 that time... my brother was there...
i waited all day.
you waited all day..
but you left before sunset..

...should have stayed for the sunset...
if not for me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    2005-09-12

Venue John Labatt Centre: London, ON
    Opening Band(s) Sleater-Kinney
    Pre-Set
    Growin' Up
    Main Set
    Oceans
    Breakerfall
    Corduroy
    Hail, Hail
    Animal
    Glorified G
    Black, Red, Yellow
    In My Tree
    Better Man (tag: Modern Girl)
    You Are
    Not For You
    Jeremy
    Wishlist
    Even Flow
    Bleed For Me
    Rearviewmirror
    (Encore 1)
    Nothing As It Seems
    Off He Goes
    Hard To Imagine
    Alive
    (Encore 2)
    Go
    Grievance
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    State Of Love And Trust
    Smile
    Rockin' In The Free World

Things were different then, all is different now...
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • 08/15/00 - The Pyramid: Memphis, TN [130m]
    attendance: approx 14,000 (capacity is 22,000)
    support act: Sonic Youth
    soundcheck: Long Road (instrumental), jam, Last Exit (instrumental), Garden (instrumental), Stoney jamming (pieces of Black), guitar jam, keyboard/synth jam, I Can't Help Falling in Love (instrumental 2-3 times, then full 3 times!!), In My Tree (full)
    set: Of The Girl, Last Exit, Animal, Grievance, Corduroy, Tremor Christ, Nothing As It Seems, Wishlist, Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis!), Given To Fly, In My Tree, Even Flow, I Got Shit, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Black, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Breakerfall, Do The Evolution, Thin Air, Nothingman, Elderly Woman, State of Love And Trust, Go
    enc 2: Footsteps, Baba O'Riley
    notes: Very enthusiastic, but not sold out crowd. Right before 'NAIS': "It's great to be here - it's great to be anywhere." After 'Wishlist,' Ed says, "I need a jacket for this next song ... something nice," and puts on a striped jacket, and then sings 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You,' starting slowly, and then the rest of the band joins in, working up to a somewhat fast, punky version. 'DTE,' Ed does this karate move aimed at Stone during his solo (probably imitating Elvis' karate fixation), and then he puts on Graceland souvenir gold Elvis sunglasses during the "hallelujah"'s. He changes the lyrics to, "I'm a thief, I'm a liar, I'm the king, and this is my choir." Right before 'Thin Air,' Ed says something about how "the big E-man" (Elvis) would have liked this one. Ed messes up the words to 'State.' During 'Go' the sunglasses reappear, and he does the Elvis kneel down and shake move, ending the song with more of the pseudo karate moves. Right after 'Footsteps' Ed says he wanted to thank the crowd for the great reception they gave Sonic Youth. The next song is dedicated to "a friend of mine who I'm only going to meet for the first time tomorrow. He's from West Memphis," leading to 'Baba' -- Stone doing some semi-Townshend moves, Ed exhorting the great crowd to sing along - tearing the house down. The band is on FIRE!

Just joined the TenClub a few months earlier than this show. Ended up with 5th row seats right in front of Mike. Also got a brief appearance on the TB2K DVD during "Wishlist"...to prove it! I was awe-stricken. Went the next night in Nashville as well (6th row)
    "It's all happening"
  • risarisa Posts: 42
    i'm still saving for ten club...
    i waited all day.
    you waited all day..

if not for me.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    "Pre-set: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, It Makes No Difference (Ed w/ MMJ)

Set: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Immortality, Green Disease, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Alone (stopped when Eddie's mic cut out, then restarted halfway through), Jeremy, Why Go, Life Wasted, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Come Back, Footsteps, Once, Alive

Encore 2: Last Exit, Comatose, Leatherman, Glorified G, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Indifference "

That was the best concert I have ever been to, hands down!

When Eddie came out I was just like "OMG, that's him!" There he is! Like, you can't believe there he is!

I had a nosebleed seat, and while I was perusing the merch, I met a guy that worked for the stadium, and had an extra ticket that was stage left, close to the stage and those seats were AWESOME.

They were so into it, and everybody was jumping and/or bobbing their heads and like really feeling it. At one point towards the end, Eddie slammed down on the ground and really hurt himself--he came back up for an encore and he was limping!!

At the beginning Ed said how these were the last dates for the tour and even though they want to hurry up and get home, they have the best jobs in the world. Or something like that.

He introduced EvenFlow and said that "halfway through, Mr. Michael McCready is going to take over" and the place went nuts for him. He was SO amped, doing the whole robot thing and walking in circles and pointing at people in the crowd. It was really cool.

Ed said the last time he was at the Arena was with Bruce Springsteen (and everybody did the "Bruuuce" chant)... but the last time "our group" was there we did Bushleaguer and some people didn't like it or booed it (and there was some booing--probably Jersey people, LOL j/k!!) and "but we're not going to do it" but what would you think if we did do it, would you boo?" And the place cheered instead. He was saying how he wanted to have a dialogue about it..I don't remember the exact words...

And he said how he listens to the fans..you call us (Excuse my language)..."p
    " and all that, and said something to the effect of how people want to hear Leash (and the guy in front of me was like, "OMG, I hope they do Leash.")
    and then they went into it and when they went "dah dah dah dah" the guy high fived me and he was like "LEASH!" That was pretty cool.

And then they were going way over curfew, but Ed was like "f-ck it." At one point right towards the end they turned the house lights up! Baba O'Riley was PHENOMENAL. Everyone was screaming the Teenage Wasteland part. It was classic.

It was just the most amazing concert ever.

Oh and I was three rows away from Danny Masterson (Hyde from That 70's show) and the Olsen twins were right next to the stage. They seemed like they were rocking out a little bit. Gosh they are tiny though!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    risa wrote:
    02/26/95 - Folk Arts Theater: Manila, Philippines
    support act: Mudhoney
    soundcheck: improv, Better Man jam, Hungerstrike jam
    set: Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(Stuff and Nonsense)/(WMA), Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Lukin, Whipping, Immortality, Alive
    enc: Satan's Bed, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, Black, Let My Love Open the Door, Indifference
    notes: A fan manages to make it onstage during the 'Even Flow' solo. Bouncers pulled him to the side and he has a grip on Ed's hand. The fan fell on the stage, pulling Ed on top of him. Ed gets up just in time to continue the lyrics after Mike's solo, singing "Even Flow ..." Then a fight ensues between the bouncers (trying to protect the fan) and the security guards (who have their billy clubs out). With the large crowd rioting outside the venue, PJ returns to the stage and rips into a furious 'Satan's Bed,' turning up the amps a few notches. Ed throws water over those in front every few songs; everyone is sweating like dogs.

i was only 8 that time... my brother was there...

another kababayan on board...welcome to the PIT!
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • risarisa Posts: 42
    salamat ng marami!!!

wow. this is surreal.
    i waited all day.
    you waited all day..

if not for me.
  • muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    risa wrote:
    salamat ng marami!!!

wow. this is surreal.

there are actually a several pinoys here...buti naman at natagpuan mo ang message board...matagal ka na bang fan ng PJ?
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    09/04/93 - B.C. Place Stadium: Vancouver, BC [80m]
    supporting: Neil Young
    set: Rearviewmirror, Even Flow, Why Go, Deep, Glorified G, Daughter/(The Real Me), Alive, Black, Animal, Go, Jeremy, Leash, Once, Sonic Reducer, Fuckin' Up, Porch

Neil Young...Blind Melon....just before Vs was released (all new songs - no internet leaks back then....Animal debuted on the MTV awards two nights prior...already had it memorized :D)
    I guess I don't have to say it was amazing....highlights included Ed drinking wine from a Chuck Taylor that was thrown onstage...and Shannon Hoon puffing on a joint that had to have been 2 oz (also thrown on stage). Unfortunately I was young and stupid enough to leave halfway thru Neil Young's set.
  • 1994-04-11 Boston Massachusetts Boston Garden

Set 1 Release, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Animal, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, Breath, Blood, Daughter/(Hey Hey My My), Why Go(Hold On)/Jeremy, Even Flow, Black, Alive, Porch/(Tearing), Rats, Immortality, Corduroy, Garden, Leash

Encore 1 Rockin' In The Free World, Happy Trails, Indifference

Ed bashed a hole in the stage with the base of the mic stand. It was the monday after kurt cobain died, so everything related to music was a bit off...

oh yeah and mud honey opened.
  • The Knoxville show when it was obvious Eddie didnt want to be there.

it was the day after my 21st birthday and i was so hungover i was in pain. I had also lost one of my contacts so i could only see out of one eye.

Had a great time anyway though!

interesting note: i think it was only the second time they ever played Last Kiss, and it was amazing! They had passed a bad wreck on the way to the show and were really into it.Can't stand to hear it now, but back then I played the bootleg to death!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Sydney Entertainment centre 11/02/2003

Opening acts: Betchadupa & Johnny Marr and the Healers
    Sert list: Set 1 Long Road, Grievance, Corduroy, Save You, Get Right, I Am Mine, Immortality, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Wishlist, Thumbing My Way, You Are, Breakerfall, Not For You, Untitled, MFC, Do The Evolution, Spin The Black Circle
    Encore 1 Love Boat Captain, Better Man, Down, Black, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 2 Indifference
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    COLD

I worked as security in the parking lot so I got to see the concert for freeze but unfortunately I froze my ass off the whole entire day. I believe this show was known as the ice bowl because of the freezing temps.

10/08/00 - Alpine Valley: East Troy, WI [130m]
    attendance: 40,000
    support act: Supergrass
    set: Of The Girl, Hail Hail, Breakerfall, Whipping, Corduroy, Animal, Elderly Woman, Dissident, Given To Fly, Faithfull, Even Flow, Untitled, MFC, Light Years, Off He Goes, Insignificance, Black, Jeremy, Porch
    enc: Wishlist, State of Love and Trust, Go, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Daughter/(The Wrong Child), Smile, Rearviewmirror
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Description: Bridge School Benefit Oct. 1st, 1994 (night 2)
    Set 1 Wash, Not For You, Immortality, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Daughter/(Tonight's The Night), Black
    Encore 1 Bee Girl

a unique first one, here's a peek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u6CLTtSv98
  • How do people remember the setlist? Wow! I know they opened with Oceans and The Fastbacks were supporting them. I was sixteen. It was just me and my friend and we travelled by coach. It was also my first concert ever.

It was great! One of the best nights of my life! Here's my ticket. LOL

jhjh001.jpg
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    my first PJ show was in Antwerp, Belgium, in August 2006.
    I was front row (10C tix).
    Amazing, mind blowing... no words to describe how I felt. I had tears in my eyes when the band arrived on stage.

Setlist:
    Set: Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, Animal, Hail Hail, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Not For You(Modern Girl), In Hiding, Unemployable, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Do The Evolution, Big Wave, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Jeremy, Why Go
    Encore 1 Soon Forget, Black, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Comatose, Alive
    Encore 2 Indifference, Hunger Strike, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Reading 2006

It was absolutely amazing.

Cried my eyes out for Better Man, went crazy for Do The Evo and Alive, called some of my best friends who couldn't make it so they could listen to Jeremy AND watch it on TV, didn't actually believe I was seeing Soon Forget/Iron Man and got completely choked for Crown of Thorns....

One of the best gigs I've ever been to, I was just simply blown away! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    NIGHTTOWN '92
    wash, Once, Even Flow, State Of Love And Trust, Alive, Black, Deep, Jeremy, Why Go, Porch
    Encore 1 (Straight to Hell Now)/Garden(Outshined)/Leash, I've Got a Feeling

...and i had my embarrasing moment with ed..:o

pic of that night, me just recovering.....:D

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1928/afbeelding040lc8.jpg
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Linda wrote:
    NIGHTTOWN '92
    wash, Once, Even Flow, State Of Love And Trust, Alive, Black, Deep, Jeremy, Why Go, Porch
    Encore 1 (Straight to Hell Now)/Garden(Outshined)/Leash, I've Got a Feeling

...and i had my embarrasing moment with ed..:o

pic of that night, me just recovering.....:D

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1928/afbeelding040lc8.jpg

Everyone looks sad that they're leaving.

What was the embarrassing moment? C'mon! You know you want to tell us. :)
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    Everyone looks sad that they're leaving.

What was the embarrassing moment? C'mon! You know you want to tell us. :)

no we are not sad, just entering the basement...and you have to be ready for the basement in nighttown..
    and for the moment...i'll tell ye later, kids are coming home...lunchtime...:D

btw, Kel, i did share this story once or twice in here....
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Stockholm 2000

Took the ferry over to Sweden, over did it with alchohol the previous night, fell asleep somewhere around 5 a.m woke up at 7.a.m when we arrived to Stockholm. Wondered around the city trying to find a place to sleep, finally friend and I slept in the little park in front of the king's palace with japanese tourists taking pictures on how the finnish respect the king of sweden by sleeping in his garden. The security guards kicked us out of the train station for sleeping on the benches but apparently king's garden is ok.

Tried eating some seafood and pasta, couldn't. Then decided to start and head towards the place of the concert which wasn't supposed to be that far, ended up walking 5 miles in +25 heat and a blazing hangover.

Rocked hard the whole show. Originally we planned to hit the bars afterwards but with the previous night + an awesome show just didn't feel like drinking again. The ferry back was leaving the following morning at 7 so thought we could sleep at the terminal where we left all our stuff. Walked 7-8 miles there (i can't remember why still no taxi) turned out it was closed so had to (try and) sleep on the cold pavement with the freezing wind blowing from the sea. Next to me 3 backpackers slept like babies in their sleeping bags with me shivering all 5-6 hrs.

Finally the doors opened and we could get our warm clothes and grab something to eat. Had a sandwich which was the first piece of food in 36hrs apart from the 2 spoonfuls of pasta the previous day. The ferry took off and soon a storm broke out making the boat to move heavily from side to side the whole way making everything a struggle and misery. Finally arriving in Finland thought we are on safe gound again but on the train ride home the same storm had landed too and broke down the electric systems on the railway so the train stopped for 2hrs in the middle of nowhere with no air conditioning and air humidity of around 100%. Felt like strangling a group of 4 guys next to me whose lousy non stop jokes would've been considered immature even in high school and basically kept me awake.

Somehow made it home feeling 10years older but happy. Would do it all over again in a heartbeat since the 2+hour show made up for the 48 hrs of suffering. Having said that after Stockholm i've only slept in hotels and used taxis or public transport going to PJ or whatever shows abroad. The whole experience was mildly amusing once but would be pure stupidity twice :D
  • 1995-07-09 Milwaukee Wisconsin Summerfest

Set 1 Act Of Love, Go, Last Exit, Spin The Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not For You, Why Go, Jeremy, Deep, Daughter/(Another Brick In The Wall), Jeremy, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Lukin, Animal, Dissident, Even Flow, Black, Alive, Blood
    Encore 1 Star Boy, Little Wing, Maggot Brain, Better Man, Porch

I was very happy I remember at my first PJ show. :)
  • Portland Meadows September 6, 1993

Go, Animal, Even Flow, Alive, Blood, Once, Glorified G, Daughter/(Gimme Shelter), Deep, Jeremy, Black, State Of Love And Trust, Porch/(Suck You Dry), Why Go, Sonic Reducer, Crazy Mary w/ Victoria Williams, Rockin' In The Free World w/ Neil Young(End of Neil's Set)

I remember it being super hot, surfed my way up to the rail and proceeded to get crushed and then I left the pit during Porch and was right in front of Ed as he was screaming and I looked out at the 20,000 people swarming and was hooked.
    NERDS!
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    Dublin 2006

Inside Job, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Animal, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Gone, Marker In The Sand, Daughter/(It's Ok), Better Man, Why Go, Education, Even Flow, Life Wasted, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 1 Indifference, Black, Crazy Mary, Alive
    Encore 2 The Boys Are Back In Town, Leash, Fuckin' Up

It was fantastic, everything I expected it to be and more - but think I was a little bit in shock that I was actually there after wanting to see them for so long....(really regretted letting my situation dictate me not seeing them before, won't ever let that happen again!).

The whole day was brilliant, queing and meeting other fans, then hearing The Boys Are Back In Town soundchecked, (gives me goosebumps thinking about it even now)....sigh, hope they don't leave it too long before another tour
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    1994-04-12

Venue Orpheum Theater: Boston, MA
    Opening Band(s) Mudhoney

Oceans
    Even Flow
    Sonic Reducer
    State Of Love And Trust
    Hard To Imagine
    Immortality (Tags:Hey Hey, My My)
    Go
    Animal
    Glorified G
    Daughter (Tags:Suck You Dry)
    Alone
    Not For You
    Better Man
    Rats
    Blood
    (Encore 1)
    Release
    Tremor Christ
    Once
    Fuckin' Up
    Dirty Frank
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Jam (improv)
    Rearviewmirror
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    I've Got A Feeling
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    DATE CITY STATE/COUNTRY VENUE

2005-09-12 London Ontario John Labatt Centre

Set 1 Oceans, Breakerfall, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Glorified G, Black Red Yellow, In My Tree, Better Man/(Modern Girl), You Are, Not For You, Jeremy, Wishlist, Even Flow, Bleed For Me, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 1 Nothing As it Seems, Off He Goes, Hard To Imagine, Alive
    Encore 2 Go, Grievance, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, State Of Love And Trust, Smile, Rockin' In The Free World
    Notes: Pre-opener: Growin' Up
    http://www.pearljam.com/tour/setlist.php?date=200509120000

Fucking greastest concert i've been to :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    08/15/00 - The Pyramid: Memphis, TN [130m]
    attendance: approx 14,000 (capacity is 22,000)
    support act: Sonic Youth
    soundcheck: Long Road (instrumental), jam, Last Exit (instrumental), Garden (instrumental), Stoney jamming (pieces of Black), guitar jam, keyboard/synth jam, I Can't Help Falling in Love (instrumental 2-3 times, then full 3 times!!), In My Tree (full)
    set: Of The Girl, Last Exit, Animal, Grievance, Corduroy, Tremor Christ, Nothing As It Seems, Wishlist, Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis!), Given To Fly, In My Tree, Even Flow, I Got Shit, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Black, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Breakerfall, Do The Evolution, Thin Air, Nothingman, Elderly Woman, State of Love And Trust, Go
    enc 2: Footsteps, Baba O'Riley
    notes: Very enthusiastic, but not sold out crowd. Right before 'NAIS': "It's great to be here - it's great to be anywhere." After 'Wishlist,' Ed says, "I need a jacket for this next song ... something nice," and puts on a striped jacket, and then sings 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You,' starting slowly, and then the rest of the band joins in, working up to a somewhat fast, punky version. 'DTE,' Ed does this karate move aimed at Stone during his solo (probably imitating Elvis' karate fixation), and then he puts on Graceland souvenir gold Elvis sunglasses during the "hallelujah"'s. He changes the lyrics to, "I'm a thief, I'm a liar, I'm the king, and this is my choir." Right before 'Thin Air,' Ed says something about how "the big E-man" (Elvis) would have liked this one. Ed messes up the words to 'State.' During 'Go' the sunglasses reappear, and he does the Elvis kneel down and shake move, ending the song with more of the pseudo karate moves. Right after 'Footsteps' Ed says he wanted to thank the crowd for the great reception they gave Sonic Youth. The next song is dedicated to "a friend of mine who I'm only going to meet for the first time tomorrow. He's from West Memphis," leading to 'Baba' -- Stone doing some semi-Townshend moves, Ed exhorting the great crowd to sing along - tearing the house down. The band is on FIRE!

Just joined the TenClub a few months earlier than this show. Ended up with 5th row seats right in front of Mike. Also got a brief appearance on the TB2K DVD during "Wishlist"...to prove it! I was awe-stricken. Went the next night in Nashville as well (6th row)

This was my first concert too. However, I didn't join the 10 club until after this concert. However, seats weren't too bad. I was so overwhelmed I have trouble remembering details. But I remember the Elvis stuff.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,148
    How do people remember the setlist?
    probably by using http://www.pearljam.com/tour/shows.php or something similar from the sky i scrape.....

anyways, my first PJ (and first concert ever) was 8-4-2000 in Charlotte, NC:
    Supporting Act: Sonic Youth

Set 1: Sometimes, Breakerfall, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Nothing As it Seems, Light Years, Given To Fly, Untitled, MFC, Habit, Even Flow, Wishlist, Better Man, Grievance, Present Tense, Black, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Go, Do The Evolution, Once, improv, I Got Id, Last Kiss, Porch

Encore 2: Yellow Ledbetter

I had an awesome time! Nothing beats the feeling of hearing the opening chords at your first PJ concert. A lot of my favorites were played and I was able to rock out all night long. :D Mike really tore it up and was outstanding on Porch and Yellow Ledbetter. Excellent ending to a great night of music.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,959
    1996-09-29 New York New York Downing Stadium, Randall's Island

Set 1 Sometimes, Go, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Animal, Tremor Christ, Who You Are, Corduroy, Lukin, Better Man, Not For You, Jeremy, Once, Rats, Last Exit, Habit, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Whipping, I Got Id, Black, Alive, Porch

Encore 1 In My Tree, Even Flow, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(Another Brick In The Wall)/(W.M.A.), Mankind, Long Road, Leaving Here

Encore 2 Off He Goes, Present Tense, Yellow Ledbetter

The standard by which all others are judged-epic show-I havent been the same since.
  • 2004-10-01 Reading Pennsylvania Sovereign Center
    Description: Vote for Change Tour

Set 1 Love Boat Captain, Animal, Brain Of J., Do The Evolution, Nothing As it Seems, Insignificance, American In Me, Gimme Some Truth, Given To Fly, 1/2 Full, Sad, Go
    Encore 1 acoustic Soon Forget, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Masters Of War, Nothingman, Crazy Mary
    Encore 2 Last Kiss, Daughter/(Blitzkrieg Bop), Bleed For Me, The New World, Alive
    Encore 3 Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

wow. just wow.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    1995-06-22 Sacramento California Cal Expo

Set 1 Release, Last Exit, Spin The Black Circle, Animal, Tremor Christ, Jeremy, Corduroy, Lukin, Not For You, Dissident, Go, Even Flow, Daughter/(Another Brick In The Wall), Rearviewmirror, Habit, Immortality, Whipping, Black, Alive, Blood, Better Man, Sonic Reducer, Porch/(Steppin' Stone), Yellow Ledbetter

Opening Act: Bad Religion

Everything about this show was pure perfection. From the immense difficulty of obtaining tickets to the 110 degree weather everything seemed to fall into place and matter so much when I needed it most. My eyes welled up during Release, I lost my voice during Rearviewmirror, and was never the same by the final chord of Ledbetter. It is still my favorite of all the shows I've seen, will always be my favorite, and is the bootleg I have watched the most by far.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"