Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Gave Atlantic City 2 2005 a spin, and it was quite good. Not necessarily a favorite, but enjoyable. Porch was spine tingling on this one! Full review below in link.
    http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/2015/11/atlantic-city-ii-2005.html
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    demetrios said:

It can be shared.

Pearl Jam's 2015-11-07,_Buenos_Aires-2015-11-14.zip MP3 download http://we.tl/BcHWoBtE8G

Thanks very much, I can't wait to listen, as usual you are awesome :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,907

demetrios said:

It can be shared.

Pearl Jam's 2015-11-07,_Buenos_Aires-2015-11-14.zip MP3 download http://we.tl/BcHWoBtE8G

Thanks very much, I can't wait to listen, as usual you are awesome :)
    Np. Big thanks to L. for hooking me up. :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    Listening to Moline on my flight home
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Buenos Aires 2015, the chants are amazing.
    :bee:
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Amsterdam 2 2014
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

How does this sound??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    23scidoo said:

Amsterdam 2 2014

Amsterdam 2012 for me
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    23scidoo said:

How does this sound??
    really booty
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

23scidoo said:

How does this sound??
    really booty
    But the chanting is awesome I wonder if they will keep the chanting when the official boot is released. Awesome show.
  • Options
    Melbourne III 2006
    In a gorgeous rendition of Long Road pay attention to Matt, Mike, and Stone; each put on exceptional performances. The three just add a little something special to this play on the classic opener, certainly in my top versions of the song. After a fiery performance of Corduroy, the beginning of Hail Hail is a little ropey with Mike having issues. Ed does a scream in DTE that’s rather high pitched and unique but works well for the song. Similarly his scream in WWS is stretched a tad thin, but it’s raw and he goes for it. I find it actually suits the song live, gives it some rawness that accompanies the song’s vibe. Dissident is a great choice to follow WWS, and is a welcomed rarity that is performed well by all. The vibe of the show at this point is upbeat, positive, rocking and more on the flexible side. GTF fits in perfectly right after Dissident. Ed tells the crowd his voice is starting to go but in my ears he sounds solid overall, albeit a tad raw. After greeting the crowd, we head into LBC. Other than some slight mumbling of the lyrics (which is not really noticeable), I believe you’ll find it to be a truly passionate performance. Matt especially, is energetic and puts it over the top here. Eloquently, Unemployable follows and is a top notch play. Matt is truly having a wonderful night on this bootleg, on the Avocado rarity he is near perfect in his ride cymbal accents. It continues into Even Flow, his high hat accents early on give the staple a little extra splash of energy. He and Mike during Mike’s solo is just sick, and Matt’s solo too is awesome. I believe it is one of the most energetic performances of Even Flow, this side of 2000.

Taking a request from the crowd, Sad is next. Ed gets the lyrics correct in this rendering, and I liked Mike’s effects as well in this take; sounded more haunting. Matt’s drumming in Present Tense is much more tribal and free flowing than most plays, another example of the limber performance from him in this gig. It kind of reminds me of how he played in Euro 2000 boots, just relaxed but adding extra grooves. Compared to boots from last few tours where he is more tight and focused sounding. Save You flows from PT beautifully, and it is blistering. Jeff sounds absolutely amazing in the latter part of Jeremy, along with Ed and Matt giving it 110% in the song’s conclusion. Why Go makes a strong, roaring double dose of Ten. Keeping up the raw energy, Comatose follows and is rock solid from all. Stone rocks hard towards the conclusion of RVM, ending an incredibly energetic main set. This whole set is utterly a powerhouse display from the entire band, Matt in particular.

Man of the Hour-Off He Goes-Small Town is a delightful folky way to transition into a first encore. Mike’s effects and tone towards the latter part of OHG is less clean than usual, more crunch, but it creates new layer to the song that adds a lot to me. Ed’s vocals sound very much relaxed and comfortable throughout these songs. Black-SOLAT moves us slightly away from the warmth of those tunes into more emotional and power nature. Jeff stood out to me a few times in Black, and it’s an all-around perfect take that creates sincerity and realness. As is the case, 99% of the time, Mike’s solo in Black always finds new ways to sound epic. Kick Out The Jams is solid and groovy, the bassline by Jeff is infectious. It’s an odd choice to end the first encore, but it’s fitting nonetheless. Encore 2 opens with Boom’s soft keys of Wasted Reprise as Ed talks to the crowd. He notes how they appreciate the Melbourne crowd and how incredible life can be. “We made it.” Happily, Life Wasted follows resonating bright and the band playing spot on. Jeff, again, standing out to me on Life Wasted, loved his tone. Maybe he picked up on Matt’s energy from the main set! Keeping the blood flowing Whipping is next. Alive signals a near end to this boot, with RITFW and Ledbetter concluding. The crowd clapping a beat for Mike at the end of Ledbetter is an illustration of a gig that felt so true. One should note, before Ledbetter, the 50 cent piece game (with butt and cup) is played, and you can hear the coin drop! Ha!

Melbourne III may be my favorite bootleg from the Australian leg of the massive 2006 tour; I’ve listened to most of that leg throughout the years. One can tell the band was in great spirits, having fun, and putting on a fantastic performance all around. Matt was on fire for all the main set, I mean really going for it. Enjoyable throughout, it’s a top notch bootleg. This one is highly recommended and a fun listen.

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    Hartford 2008.... for the millionth time!

Because its on PJ Radio
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,907

Hartford 2008.... for the millionth time!

Because its on PJ Radio

An amazing show! And one of the best Wishlist Foundation pre parties.
    Good times! :)
  • Options
    Pittsburgh 2013
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Winnipeg 2005.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Sao Paulo 1 2011
  • Options
    brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 236
    Berlin 9/23/06
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • Options
    Greensboro 2000
    Amazing and haunting opening with Of The Girl-Corduroy-Insignificance. All are fantastic plays from the entire band. The tempos aren’t too brisk either, just right. Insignificance so early in the set typically fits in perfectly for me, and here it is heavy. I couldn’t sit still while listening, Matt is killer in it. Then going into Brain of J, I was in PJ heaven, rocking out. It’s more inspiring work from Matt on the Yield rocker, especially his snare patterns. Evacuation is another personal favorite of mine, and this is one of the better versions out there. Ed’s vocals are stretched thin at times but still retain a raspy rawness, and it’s a tight play on the Binaural rarity. Ed then greets the crowd, and tells them how Matt is trying to get him to lose his voice on the last one; even though he wrote the vocal patterns for it so maybe he doesn’t like himself. Then NAIS calms us back down.

A few shrieks of mic feedback plague the beginning of Jeremy, just miniscule technical errors. It’s played at a much slower tempo than anything recent and it’s a solid performance thanks to a truly dark, emotional last half of the song. The outro in particular, I got chills. Incredibly effective and hard hitting, those chills down my spine hit again with the Its Ok tag on Daughter. It is epic and Ed’s vocals are emotionally powerful. Jeff’s bass tone in this mix provides Daughter such comforting sonic warmth; an amazing version of the live staple. Solid takes of MFC-Whipping gets the energy back up, feeling like relief after two darker songs. Wishlist finds Ed flubbing one verse. Like Daughter, it has warmth in its mix. Betterman is tag less, and Ed’s vocal melodies are slightly different at times; nice rendition. Leatherman comes next, but no Nothingman tonight. Ed and Matt put on lively showings on the rarity. After dependably good takes of Grievance and Even Flow, In My Tree is another welcomed rarity. Ed says he takes a sip of wine for confidence on the song, and aside from nervousness and perceived caution in the first verse he does very nicely! Musically, it is tight and ear pleasing from all. Matt is all over it, his snare tone and patterns are more Jack Irons-ish on that one.

Black is an intriguing choice to follow. The outro feels extra desolate, fitting in tone of the song. As this main set is quite up and down, STBC gets the blood flowing again. Stone and Mike play it tight and in the pocket, Stone definitely puts on a lively showing. Then a complimentary RVM concludes the main set with the solo and jam putting off another desolate tone, rather empty in a way. Again, Stone’s work is exceptionally effective. Mike too towards the final chorus is nerving. RVM is just awesome on this bootleg. Although it was an extra dynamic, up and down set in terms of tempo and flow, it did so with what felt like attention to detail and ease. Overall, I would call this a somewhat brooding set rather than chipper; a good one for the raining day.

Enter encore 1, Light Years comes off rather out of tune in the intro but becomes graceful afterwards. Ed asking a guy up front for his tape recorder he’s been holding up all night is priceless and a heartfelt moment. You’ll have to listen to the boot there to do the moment justice. Crazy Mary is very laid back, slow, stripped down here. It’s interesting how the choruses are more powerful as a result. It almost comes off like the band is playing around a campfire for fun. DTE is wild and loose. SOLAT has Ed fumbling the lyrics, but you can tell they are having a good time, Matt is killing it. Breakerfall sounds heavier coming after Last Kiss, an odd pair, and it sends the encore off in an energetic way. Ed comes back out after the blistering Breakerfall, thanking the crowd to the “absolute value,’ making a math reference out of it. He jokes around about usually messing up Soon Forget, and of course it’s slightly fumbled tonight. Ha! It is still rather fun and really matches the tone and style of the last ¼ of the gig. Very unusual, the band plays Smile for the final song of the show. I wish they would use it more often in this way; the lyrics are so appropriate for this purpose. It truly worked on this boot, and fit the show. Ed thanks the crowd for a great night, and “I miss you already” resonates in our minds.

The main set is somewhat on the darker side tonally and stylistically, but generally tight and focused. There’s definitely a strong element of emotion in the air, only a few shows into the first leg after the tragedy in Denmark. However, when the boys come back for the encores, they play much more relaxed, loose, kind of sloppy, but the whole affair feels intimate. There’s a sense they were beginning to realize they could do this, they could relax. While the last quarter of the show isn’t quite up to the standards set in the main set, it’s still a pleasure even in its contrast. Taking into account why it might be like this, it is certainly something fans should consider and appreciate when listening to this one. For that matter, both of the North Carolina boots from 2000 are underrated gems.

• Options
    Tammadrummer91 thanks for your write ups, I really enjoy reading them. How long does it take for you to listen to the boot and write it up? A lot of time must go into it. Your comments are very thoughtful.

I'll have to listen to Greensboro this weekend.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Hawaii 06, pretty sweet show
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Sao Paulo 2 2011
  • Options

Tammadrummer91 thanks for your write ups, I really enjoy reading them. How long does it take for you to listen to the boot and write it up? A lot of time must go into it. Your comments are very thoughtful.

I'll have to listen to Greensboro this weekend.

I'm truly glad you enjoy them and find them useful. That makes it all worthwhile! I enjoy writing them, and find myself going back and reading them when I am thinking about re-listening to one Ive already reviewed. I've listened to so many, they start to blend together :). It's fun when I go to look at the reviews and forget that I've listened to a particular boot.

The length of time for each review is generally about 3 hours, really depending on how long the boot is. I tend to write the reviews while I am listening to the boot, so I can make it as detailed as I can. Sometimes when I go hike, or just have a boot on in the background, it's harder to write a review and tend not to. I almost always listen to them with the same pair of in ear monitors, and trying to pay attention. Its relaxing to me, and a good hobby. I am an over-thinker, my brain never stops. Therefore, diving into something like this that I adore keeps my mind at just the right pace. I do worry they come off a tad repetitive and I have to dig sometimes to find the right words for boots. So, thank you and if you ever have a request for me to review one, let me know! And yes, Greensboro 00 is worth a listen. Its not in my top 5 from 2000, but still quite good. I think I slightly prefer Charlotte over Greensboro when comparing them as the two North Carolina 00 boots.

• Options

Sao Paulo 2 2011

I love those two Sao Paulo gigs from 2011. Great bootlegs, in my opinion, tight shows at that! Did you like them?

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    blasting merkin ball into night one san diego 95. imo merkinball exemplifies one of the bands finest moments.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Rotterdam 1993, enjoying Black :bee:
  • Options
    mschostok said:

Hawaii 06, pretty sweet show

I love this..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,290
    Curitiba 09/11/11
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Having a huge cleaning morning now onto Worcester 1, 2013.
  • Options

Having a huge cleaning morning now onto Worcester 1, 2013.

I'm going to be giving this one another listen very soon too. Good choice if I may say so! :)

• Options
    pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    Hamburg 2000