Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• gunter1976gunter1976 Posts: 587
    MayDay10 wrote:
    That was a good show, probably biggest footnote is that they opened up for themselves as Ted Leo couldnt cross the border.

8-)
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    gunter1976 wrote:
    Thunderbay 2005.

Always nice to have present tense as an opener, and a solid version of it as well. From what I can recall reading, the venue was quite small with bleachers and extremely hot. Nonetheless, the boys seem very happy to play for this intimate setting. A nice setlist with several personal favorites; breakerfall, cropduster, light years, driven to tears and I am mine. You can tell the boys were relaxed but still put on a tight show. The kid singing "yeah" during ritfw is annoying as hell, but still one of my favorite bootlegs. It holds a special spot for me because it was one of my first bootlegs i ever heard and one that got me addicted.

Those Canadian 2005 shows are something else. I haven't heard the one you refer to yet, but the subsequent Kitchener and, especially, London shows have always been favorites of mine.

London 05 especially is exceptional both in terms of setlist and performance. Definitely in my top 10 boots. 05 had some of the best sets and highest energy from the band.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • gunter1976gunter1976 Posts: 587
    gunter1976 wrote:
    Thunderbay 2005.

Always nice to have present tense as an opener, and a solid version of it as well. From what I can recall reading, the venue was quite small with bleachers and extremely hot. Nonetheless, the boys seem very happy to play for this intimate setting. A nice setlist with several personal favorites; breakerfall, cropduster, light years, driven to tears and I am mine. You can tell the boys were relaxed but still put on a tight show. The kid singing "yeah" during ritfw is annoying as hell, but still one of my favorite bootlegs. It holds a special spot for me because it was one of my first bootlegs i ever heard and one that got me addicted.

Those Canadian 2005 shows are something else. I haven't heard the one you refer to yet, but the subsequent Kitchener and, especially, London shows have always been favorites of mine.

London 05 especially is exceptional both in terms of setlist and performance. Definitely in my top 10 boots. 05 had some of the best sets and highest energy from the band.

I think the same can be said about the 2006 stretch. Have been re-listening several of those shows these last couple of days, and the sound is simply impeccable, as is the energy, song selection, and performance.
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Need to get back on the bootleg trail after the Wrigley experience. Taking a little break.

Listened to a bunch on the road trip up there and back.

Thinking about hitting up some 2000 boots next.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

YLed2 wrote:
    Need to get back on the bootleg trail after the Wrigley experience. Taking a little break.

I've been searching for your full review of Wrigley, but I know you had a blast. Music midtown has been erased from your memory now :) So what boots did you spin on the way to Chicago? Also, funny you should mention getting on the 2000 tour. I've tried this past week to, and I can't get a feel for them at the moment. I tend to really enjoy most of the Euro leg but not the US shows. The vibes, energy, and sound is so contrasting between the two.

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    gunter1976 wrote:

I think the same can be said about the 2006 stretch. Have been re-listening several of those shows these last couple of days, and the sound is simply impeccable, as is the energy, song selection, and performance.

2006 is right with 2005 IMHO, so I definitely agree. The 06 boots sound a bit better than the 05, but 05 wins on setlist and is tied on performance.

• YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    YLed2 wrote:

I've been searching for your full review of Wrigley, but I know you had a blast. Music midtown has been erased from your memory now :) So what boots did you spin on the way to Chicago? Also, funny you should mention getting on the 2000 tour. I've tried this past week to, and I can't get a feel for them at the moment. I tend to really enjoy most of the Euro leg but not the US shows. The vibes, energy, and sound is so contrasting between the two.

Oh man...what a night Wrigley was. I've been waiting before I give my full Wrigley review because it's still all sinking in and still processing at this point. It's going to be a long review, but needless to say, the show was unbelievable and you won't be disappointed with the boot whenever it's released. All I can say now is that everyone was on point and on fire all night long. Especially Ed, he was so dialed in and sounded STRONG. Best I've heard him in some time. Plenty of highlights and superb performances throughout the night - it really was a flawless show.

I agree, from the 2000 boots I've listened to - the Euro shows sound better and there is a contrast. I do think I'm going to start revisiting some of those 2000 Euro shows here soon. Which 2000 Euro shows are your favorite?
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

YLed2 wrote:

Oh man...what a night Wrigley was. I've been waiting before I give my full Wrigley review because it's still all sinking in and still processing at this point. It's going to be a long review, but needless to say, the show was unbelievable and you won't be disappointed with the boot whenever it's released. All I can say now is that everyone was on point and on fire all night long. Especially Ed, he was so dialed in and sounded STRONG. Best I've heard him in some time. Plenty of highlights and superb performances throughout the night - it really was a flawless show.

I agree, from the 2000 boots I've listened to - the Euro shows sound better and there is a contrast. I do think I'm going to start revisiting some of those 2000 Euro shows here soon. Which 2000 Euro shows are your favorite?

For my bootleg and show review needs, you're at the top of the list so I cannot wait to read the review. I'm curious how a show like Wrigley and PJ20 compares to the low key shows we've seen in Bristow and Atlanta, for example. For that matter, I'm anxious to compare the next 5 shows combined between the two of us with Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle, Charlottesville and Charlotte (but that will come much later). Basically all shows are 'good', but some have a distinct flavor and vibe. I used to view it as competition of who received a better show or setlist, now I just love knowing how shows compare or contrast. :corn:

Anyways, you know I'm more of a performance and setlist flow kind of guy, more so than setlist alone. With that in mind, Cardiff and Praha are my top 2 Euro 2000 boots. Those two never get old. The obvious Katowice II is amazing, as is the often mentioned Milan. The ones not mentioned too often are Hamburg and Oslo. Both are very tight shows with very different vibes. Hamburg is a darker, hard rocking show. Oslo is a more mellow one that needs a good listen to let it sink in, pay close attention to Matt that night.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    wrigley,another source
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    west palm beach fl.-06-11-08
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    Newcastle 2006, probably my favorite show from that tour. Has an incredible 2 encores with Thumbing My Way, Masters Of War, Footsteps, Crown Of Thorns, Alone, Even Flow, Corduroy, Fuckin Up, RITFW & Yel Led. To quote Mark Richards who but the setlist together .. "Is this the best fuckin band in the world, or what?"
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    RS151862 wrote:
    Newcastle 2006, probably my favorite show from that tour. Has an incredible 2 encores with Thumbing My Way, Masters Of War, Footsteps, Crown Of Thorns, Alone, Even Flow, Corduroy, Fuckin Up, RITFW & Yel Led. To quote Mark Richards who but the setlist together .. "Is this the best fuckin band in the world, or what?"

Super show from start to end. One of, if not my favourite.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    1 x PEARL JAM VAULT SERIES #2 BOOTLEG CD (6325-CD) 0.00 $16.98
    1 x 2012 PEARL JAM AMSTERDAM 27/6 BOOTLEG CD (6330-CD) 0.00 $16.98
    1 x 2010 PEARL JAM 5/18 NEWARK BOOTLEG CD (6267-CD) 0.00 $16.98
    1 x 2009 PEARL JAM CHICAGO 8/23/09 BOOTLEG CD (6224-CD) 0.00 $16.98
    1 x 2009 PEARL JAM CHICAGO 8/24/09 BOOTLEG CD (6225-CD) 0.00 $16.98

Received like a week ago this order from April. It has been a good week with all of those and all the traffic and sensation in the forum.

I gave a listen to first 4 and none of them frustrated, so far.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
    Chicago I '09

Long Road starts this one and when the bass kicks in it sounds awesome. Very good mix for this boot, and it says that way.

Corduroy & Why Go follows before Ed stops the next song to quickly talk about it being great to be back in Chicago. God's Dice then starts and there is a little drum intro before Ed kicks in with the vocals. It really works - too often the intro to this song is fucked up. Ed introduces Mike for Dissident and it really sounds amazing, I really love hearing this on boots lately. Before Given To Fly Ed says this song is meant to be played outdoors and they were really hoping these two Chicago shows were going to be at Alpine Valley but they couldn't work it out. After GTF, Jeff takes the mic to ask the crowd to sing happy birthday to one of his friends who couldn't make the show. Jeff & Ed lead the crowd through the happy birthday and then Come Back follows. Even Flow is great but only Man Of The Hour in the final 6 songs of the main set sounds any good. Insignificance, Got Some and Spin The Black Circle are all particularly lacklustre.

A great Love Reign O'er Me starts encore 1, followed by Life Wasted which Ed flubs. The Real Me and Alive are on form though closing the 1st encore.

Encore 2 starts with The Needle And The Damage Done, which is stunning. A little intro follows and then the band launches into Rats, sounding really cool. After Supersonic, Jeff & Stone swap guitars for Smile. A very cool Rearviewmirror is next and its left to Yellow Ledbetter with a Star Spangled Banner tag to close the show.

Excellent mix on this boot, some great moments too just the latter part of the main set (and Supersonic of course) lets this one down for me.

Listening to Kansas City 2000 now. Only a few songs in, but so far very enjoyable. Release right in Evolution worked well to create a nice contrast. Ed slightly flubbed the lyrics in Corduroy but not too bad. Been trying my best to get back into the 2000 US shows. Charlotte 2000 had a slightly sluggish vibe and somewhat sloppy performance. Cincinnati 2000 boot sounds so muffled compared to the others, made it a bit more challenging to enjoy. Matt's snare is already low in the mix on the 00 US boots, and I think Jeff was turned up too loud in Cincinnati and it drowns Matt out almost completely :nono: . Just though I would share those few thoughts so far.

Who would have thought Lukin into Light Years would be effective, on paper it seems weird. Nonetheless, PJ have their way of making it work in context on this Kansas City 00 boot. Really good version of Light Years too.

wrigley,another source
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • wrigley,another source
    :mrgreen:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • 2003-04-15 Raleigh, NC
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
    wrigley,another source
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Vault #1!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Mansfield 11th July 03. A bit short imo :D
    Happy up here in my tree
  • jmacdjmacd Posts: 145
    Missoula 2012
    toronto '92 X 2, toronto '93, hamilton '05, toronto 1 '06, toronto '09, buffalo '10, london '13, buffalo '13
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    Holmdel 2003..... very happy that I saw this one a week after seeing the 2nd show at MSG the week before. Enjoy the music.
  • jahrightjahright Posts: 11
    I've got Thunder Bay 2005 on right now... a great show with an excellent version of Black!
    EV - 09.07.2011 - Santa Barbara Bowl
    21.11.2013 - Viejas Arena
    23.11.2013 - Los Angeles Sports Arena
    24.11.2013 - Los Angeles Sports Arena
    jahright wrote:
    I've got Thunder Bay 2005 on right now... a great show with an excellent version of Black!

Indeed. Glad you enjoyed that show, it doesn't get much attention.

london 13
    Chicago II '09

Hard To Imagine opens followed by Corduroy and then In My Tree, which gets a 1st play since Barcelona '06. Last Exit and All Night are next and repeatedly during the opening 5 songs Ed tries to get the crowd going - commenting after All Night that it feels like a Sunday night crowd and here's a 'sunday night song' with which they play Nothingman. The Fixer gets another airing and then its Even Flow with Matt adding in a drum solo. Present Tense, Whipping and Not For You are next then Daughter with Another Brick In The Wall tagged. Brother is played again on this leg of the tour with Gone being playing for what will be the penultimate time as of now. Got Some, Evolution and Alive close the main set.

At the start of the 1st encore Ed talks about Tomas Young and his family, 2 of his brothers are at the show and he says the next song is a request: "If a soldier requests a song you fucking play the song". Ed plays No More and then the rest of the band come back out for an excellent Comatose. Grievance is played for the 2nd time on the tour. Black and The Real Me are next and Porch closes the 1st encore.

Wasted Reprise segueing into Better Man starts the 2nd encore. Then its Crazy Mary and State Of Love And Trust, making its 2nd appearance of the tour. An excellent Fuckin' Up makes its only appearance of 2009 and then as with night 1, Yellow Ledbetter with Star Spangled Banner closes the show.

• PapPap Posts: 28,781
    Halifax - 22/09/05
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    All of the SNL appearances. :mrgreen:
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    Just picked up some boots last night from livedownloads. I wanted some more recent stand out shows in soundboard.

I picked up

Boston - 5/17/2010
    Berlin 6/30/2010
    Toronto 9/11/11
    Amsterdam 6/27/12

Really excited to hear all of these shows! :)

Also, anyone know where to get vault #1? (Moore Theater 92) I can't find a place to download it anywhere.
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2