cooper beer

Comments

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Never tried a Cooper, other than a tire. The first and last time I drank Fosters was the night before our annual hunting season opened... Lots of real cheap cigars, Fosters, and a deck of cards, high in the mountains inside a cozy cabin... I never want to feel that bad again. :shifty: :crazy: :sick::sick::sick:

On another beer note, I really enjoyed Epic's 825 State Stout. They are a growing micro in Utah that have been getting rave reviews and are now shipping to limited locations.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    only time i drink fosters is at the outback...while enjoying a badly prepared steak. :cry:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    only time i drink fosters is at the outback...while enjoying a badly prepared steak. :cry:

only rookies eat at the outback. :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

:?
    only rookies don't oblige the fiance every once in a while, son.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:

they got badass chicken quesidillas
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:

aka..you're p %$$y whipped....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:

and the dreaded bloomin onion.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

aka..you're p %$$y whipped....

after 7 years who isn't? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 81 wrote:

Aussie fries...mmmmmmmmmm
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Never tried a Cooper, other than a tire. The first and last time I drank Fosters was the night before our annual hunting season opened... Lots of real cheap cigars, Fosters, and a deck of cards, high in the mountains inside a cozy cabin... I never want to feel that bad again. :shifty: :crazy: :sick::sick::sick:

On another beer note, I really enjoyed Epic's 825 State Stout. They are a growing micro in Utah that have been getting rave reviews and are now shipping to limited locations.
    I still need to try some of that Epic brewery beer. Good stuff?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:

rookie ball.

you need to call up sawyers dad and see if he will take you and wife to be out for some good grub.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

rookie ball.

you need to call up sawyers dad and see if he will take you and wife to be out for some good grub.

ha...right. i don't need his dad for good grub. thanks for the tip though. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

Aussie fries...mmmmmmmmmm

yes, their fries are decent. ribs are halfway decent too actually. funny thing is the one thing they are known for, steak, is the thing that sucks on their menu. :lol:

pumpernickle bread too. that shit's good.
    www.myspace.com
  • and the dreaded bloomin onion.

1800 calories of trans fat - yummy! :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    It is un-Australian to drink Fosters...

Also ribs at a place called outback?

We have ribs here, but it is not all that big. WE associate ribs with American cuisine.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    edited February 2011
    My hubby's fav beer! Coopers Sparkling! I prefer Pale Ale though :D

And it's from Adelaide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Post edited by Loulou on
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    pjfan31 wrote:

We have ribs here, but it is not all that big. WE associate ribs with American cuisine.

Nothing about the Outback Steakhouse is Australian. It what Americans think is Australian. Wonder how many yanks cone to aus and are pissed that no restaurants here serve the blooming onion. Pumpernickel bread?? chicken quesidillas?? Nope not Australian.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • There's something not right about beer that comes from warm places. I'll stick to drinking Canadian.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Foster's is always that tap beer on special for like $3 a pint. When I'm not heavy drinking I go for Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. When I'm heavy drinking I need something lighter. ;)
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I'm not sure about the rest of the Australian states but I reckon Adelaide is known for friggin bakeries! Everywhere you look there's a bloody bakery! :lol:
    pjfan31 wrote:

Nothing about the Outback Steakhouse is Australian. It what Americans think is Australian. Wonder how many yanks cone to aus and are pissed that no restaurants here serve the blooming onion. Pumpernickel bread?? chicken quesidillas?? Nope not Australian.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    pjfan31 wrote:

relax...i'm fully aware that the only thing australian about the outback steakhouse is their subpar beer. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Big Drop wrote:
    There's something not right about beer that comes from warm places. I'll stick to drinking Canadian.
    Red stripe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Hawk JamHawk Jam Posts: 121
    Coopers Pale Ale, magnificent stuff and Fosters = shit
    Top 3 for me
    1 Sam Adams (add some buffalo wings)
    2 Corona
    3 Coopers Pale Ale
    Sam adams is the most over rated beer imo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Hawk JamHawk Jam Posts: 121
    Fair enough 81, as a little aussie battler, when visiting the USA for work I was hooked on Sam Adams and wings, actually Heavy Metal Hot the menu stated at some sports pizza joint in Temecula, CA, had trouble sitting the next day.
    Sams is better than bud, and miller and all that crap, but there are literally hundreds of better choices....imo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    81 wrote:
    Sams is better than bud, and miller and all that crap, but there are literally hundreds of better choices....imo

Just like there are better aussie beers than fosters....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:

I have to think almost all Americans are aware that the Outback has nothing to do with Australia and that it's just a marketing gimmick. But, who knows - there are a lot of stupid people in this country. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjfan31 wrote:

I have to think almost all Americans are aware that the Outback has nothing to do with Australia and that it's just a marketing gimmick. But, who knows - there are a lot of stupid people in this country. :?
    Seriously??? :shock: :cry: You mean Alice Springs Chicken isn't really from Alice Springs? :( Damn.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Seriously??? :shock: :cry: You mean Alice Springs Chicken isn't really from Alice Springs? :( Damn.

The Alice springs chicken actually became extinct in 1989 due to crocs, over hunting by the local aborigines and a rare form of chicken cancer exclusively found in the Alice springs chicken. It was really very tragic as the Alice springs chicken was our national bird and was kind of a huge icon.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980