Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    DcelaniDcelani Posts: 45
    Anyone ever grab one of the bennys from easy street? I'm assuming there bootleg?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Dcelani said:
    Anyone ever grab one of the bennys from easy street? I'm assuming there bootleg?

They are bootlegs
  • Options

• Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 408
    Ya I have the boot. I felt so bad but it’s such a great record and the boot is not that bad. I would gladly burn it and pay for a real especially if it goes toward charity 
  • Options

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Dcelani said:

It shouldn't surprise me when legit places try to sell knockoffs, but it does.

I'd think Easy Street would have the smarts not to go down that trap. Hopefully Eddie stops in, sees them and then that gets the ball rolling towards a reissue.

I still think they could give it a Vault treatment for $120-$150 and donate the "overage" to YouthCare. They'd make a fortune.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    Dcelani said:

I'd think Easy Street would have the smarts not to go down that trap. Hopefully Eddie stops in, sees them and then that gets the ball rolling towards a reissue.

I still think they could give it a Vault treatment for $120-$150 and donate the "overage" to YouthCare. They'd make a fortune.

If they do decide to rerelease it, I hope it's a standalone and not a vault.   Isn't' the vault supposed to be to release things that haven't been released (IE releasing liv shows from the vault).  I know a lot of people would love to see it on vinyl, but we get one vault a year, and using them for a reissue is kind of meh.

Maybe they could just do a reissue outside the vault program, or do an RSD release.

Or maybe they'll never reissue it.  It was limited intentionally when it came out (but as always the band has the right to change their minds).
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    edited July 2023
    Zod said:
    Dcelani said:

If they do decide to rerelease it, I hope it's a standalone and not a vault.   Isn't' the vault supposed to be to release things that haven't been released (IE releasing liv shows from the vault).  I know a lot of people would love to see it on vinyl, but we get one vault a year, and using them for a reissue is kind of meh.

Maybe they could just do a reissue outside the vault program, or do an RSD release.

Or maybe they'll never reissue it.  It was limited intentionally when it came out (but as always the band has the right to change their minds).

Well Atlanta was mostly available already so there's a chance they'd go this route, but I agree it would be disappointing.  

As for a RSD variant release, I wouldn't object even though I do have one.  The way I remember it at the time they went on sale it wasn't as much about them creating a "limited release" as much as they just didn't press a lot of them and numbered them just as a way to try and prop up demand for their cause.  Vinyl still hadn't started it's comeback so there wasn't a lot of demand for most vinyl, but we likely surprised them by grabbing them all up very quickly.  I remember at the same time as this was on sale there was a copy of No Code on vinyl in our local store that stayed on the shelf for a long time.

For those that would be annoyed about a new release minimizing the collectability of their copy, they could satisfy them by making the artwork closer to the CDs rather than reissuing the original vinyl artwork or make it a 3 disc version possibly though the sequencing could make that difficult to keep sides under 24 minutes. I imagine most that just want a copy to spin wouldn't be offended by an alternate version and the collectors would probably but again.  

Post edited by bone on
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    bone said:
    Zod said:
    Dcelani said:

Well Atlanta was mostly available already so there's a chance they'd go this route, but I agree it would be disappointing.  

As for a RSD variant release, I wouldn't object even though I do have one.  The way I remember it at the time they went on sale it wasn't as much about them creating a "limited release" as much as they just didn't press a lot of them and numbered them just as a way to try and prop up demand for their cause.  Vinyl still hadn't started it's comeback so there wasn't a lot of demand for most vinyl, but we likely surprised them by grabbing them all up very quickly.  I remember at the same time as this was on sale there was a copy of No Code on vinyl in our local store that stayed on the shelf for a long time.

For those that would be annoyed about a new release minimizing the collectability of their copy, they could satisfy them by making the artwork closer to the CDs rather than reissuing the original vinyl artwork or make it a 3 disc version possibly though the sequencing could make that difficult to keep sides under 24 minutes. I imagine most that just want a copy to spin wouldn't be offended by an alternate version and the collectors would probably but again.  

Yah.. I'm not so worried about my copy going down in value, if it get's reissued it'll happen, no matter how the reissue comes out.

I just don't to see vaults wasted on reissues :)   If they do opt to reissue Benaroya one day, I hope they reissue it like other albums, and not have it be a part of the vault series.

They were pretty specific when it came out though.  I wish I still had the email, but it was announced as limited with a specific number of copies, for a limited time only.   I barely got mine in time.   I was a broke university student.  Bought it on the evening of the 2nd day it was for sale.  I think it sold out in just under or over 48 hours.   But they were pretty clear it was a one off limited thing when it came out.... so unfortunately it's possible it never gets reissued.

I hope it does for the people that want a copy.  I just don't want it to be a vault :)  I don't mind my copy would get devalued, because unless I had a serious economic problem, it was never leaving my collection anyways.  Reissues always impact OP's, especially if the there was only one OP, and there aren't many copies.  All of a sudden there's a cheaper alternative.  It'll still hold value, but I doubt they go for 2000usd any more :)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    edited July 2023
    The 20th Anniversary of the Benny show is coming up fast...

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    I'd also be down with RSD, although I still have no idea how that works behind the scenes.

One store might get five copies of something. Another store three miles away might get 30.

It makes zero sense.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Releasing this as an RSD exclusive would suck. It would just make it unnecessarily complicated to buy. A simple 10C timed preorder would make the most sense.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Reissue with CD artwork on 10c exclusive white, yellow and orange vinyl. Standard Black vinyl. It’s a layup.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    Releasing this as an RSD exclusive would suck. It would just make it unnecessarily complicated to buy. A simple 10C timed preorder would make the most sense.
    I agree. RSD can be pretty hit and miss depending on where you live.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    I agree. RSD can be pretty hit and miss depending on where you live.
    I feel like the last number of PJ releases have been hit. I still see copes of the Alive single, Lo2L, and Give Way on store shelves.   Doesn't feel like 5 to 10 years ago when they didn't press enough copies.   Now they take years to sell out :)
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    Unplugged too. I reckon we're in for further treats with RSDs eh-Merkinball, Last Kiss, Lost Dogs and maybe Benny among others. Momma-Son on vinyl would be a trip too-though of course I'd want CD editions as well.

Any others you guys would love to have?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options