Options

***The SEINFELD TRIVIA Thread***

Comments

• Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,077
    As Jerry and Elaine separately try to talk David and Beth Lookner from reconciling, what do they each say happened to them when they were 9?
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,347
    edited September 2023
     I agree with Mookie, I think it would be extremely difficult to find even one episode that would work in modern times. I guess the same can be said for most shows before cell phones and stuff but Seinfeld sticks out more than the others to me.  
    I think most would work just fine. I don’t see how The Contest would be any different with cell phones. Or Elaine having faked her orgasms with Jerry. I guess maybe Jerry sends a group text to his exes asking if he gave them orgasms rather than calling them one by one, but the storyline doesn’t change. Most of the storylines would still work. Even if some of the particulars wouldn’t. Something like Jerry and George losing touch on the highway in the Bubble Boy wouldn’t work with cell phones. But they could do the story of “Jerry is supposed to meet this Bubble Boy but George ends up there instead” by a different means. 
    The one where George tries to replace the tape of his girlfriend's answering machine would be kinda tough in 2023.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
     I agree with Mookie, I think it would be extremely difficult to find even one episode that would work in modern times. I guess the same can be said for most shows before cell phones and stuff but Seinfeld sticks out more than the others to me.  
    I think most would work just fine. I don’t see how The Contest would be any different with cell phones. Or Elaine having faked her orgasms with Jerry. I guess maybe Jerry sends a group text to his exes asking if he gave them orgasms rather than calling them one by one, but the storyline doesn’t change. Most of the storylines would still work. Even if some of the particulars wouldn’t. Something like Jerry and George losing touch on the highway in the Bubble Boy wouldn’t work with cell phones. But they could do the story of “Jerry is supposed to meet this Bubble Boy but George ends up there instead” by a different means. 
    The one where George tries to replace the tape of his girlfriend's answering machine would be kinda tough in 2023.
    He'd be cooking up a scheme to get her iPhone password so he can delete the message. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,872
    GlowGirl said:
    Speaking of Lupe - the hotel I am in now has the sheets tucked way too tight. Did George ultimately decide to go with tucked or untucked?
    He asked for untucked, but she tucked them....much to Jerry's delight. 
    I have never been able to determine what Jerry says at the moment, where he's obviously satisfied and then rolls over to go back to sleep. anyone?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Speaking of Lupe - the hotel I am in now has the sheets tucked way too tight. Did George ultimately decide to go with tucked or untucked?
    I never got the tucked/untucked thing until last night. My hotel bed was so tucked so tight I literally had to walk around the whole bed and untuck it myself. 
    I loved that episode for that sequence alone. especially with george's physical explanation of his feet. it resonates deeply with this 6 footer. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2023
    He'd be cooking up a scheme to get her iPhone password so he can delete the message. 
    That's not as funny though. lol
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    What kind of shampoo does Jerry use and why does he used that particular kind?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    I have never been able to determine what Jerry says at the moment, where he's obviously satisfied and then rolls over to go back to sleep. anyone?
    The line is "It's so nice when it happens good."  Jerry actually explains it's origins in the DVD extras. The 2:38 mark of this video....

https://youtu.be/j5XlPCSckCs?si=3mZT4T0uafaYuzUp&t=156
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    the movie theatre fiasco also never would happen today. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Well yeah there's several plot points and even some full stories (like the movie theater) that wouldn't work. But Juggler said "it would be extremely difficult to find even one episode that would work in modern times," and that's just wrong. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Or the Kramer Movie Phone guy plot! hahaha

I can't imagine explaining to kids today that we used to call an 800 number to find out movies times back in the day
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    The line is "It's so nice when it happens good."  Jerry actually explains it's origins in the DVD extras. The 2:38 mark of this video....

https://youtu.be/j5XlPCSckCs?si=3mZT4T0uafaYuzUp&t=156
    I just got this book. Have you read it? Can't wait to dive in

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I haven’t but maybe I’ll check it out. I haven’t had much success with Seinfeld books. I’ve gotten some in the past that I didn’t think were very good. I’d love and official book in the vein of The Beatles Anthology. Told by the people that were there…but I guess the DVDs kinda cover all that. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    What kind of shampoo does Jerry use and why does he used that particular kind?
    Prell....rips the roots right out!

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    vant0037 said:
    As Jerry and Elaine separately try to talk David and Beth Lookner from reconciling, what do they each say happened to them when they were 9?
    This is a great question. I have no idea. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I haven’t but maybe I’ll check it out. I haven’t had much success with Seinfeld books. I’ve gotten some in the past that I didn’t think were very good. I’d love and official book in the vein of The Beatles Anthology. Told by the people that were there…but I guess the DVDs kinda cover all that. 
    Yeah that is what I was looking for too and not sure it exists. But from what I found, this one appears to be the closest thing out there at the moment. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah that is what I was looking for too and not sure it exists. But from what I found, this one appears to be the closest thing out there at the moment. 
    Actually, I think it would make for a perfect birthday gift for my sister, whose birthday is next month. I'm gonna grab it on Amazon. Read some or all of it myself before giving it to her. Thanks for the recommendation. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Actually, I think it would make for a perfect birthday gift for my sister, whose birthday is next month. I'm gonna grab it on Amazon. Read some or all of it myself before giving it to her. Thanks for the recommendation. 
    You're not a book trophy guy, eh? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    haha
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Well yeah there's several plot points and even some full stories (like the movie theater) that wouldn't work. But Juggler said "it would be extremely difficult to find even one episode that would work in modern times," and that's just wrong. 
    true. I found it weird how they introduced cell phone use for the first time in the series finale. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    true. I found it weird how they introduced cell phone use for the first time in the series finale. 
    There was one more time before that. Kramer uses a cell phone to call Jerry in The Bottle Deposit when he and Newman are trailing the mechanic that stole Jerry's car. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,003
    Or the Kramer Movie Phone guy plot! hahaha

I can't imagine explaining to kids today that we used to call an 800 number to find out movies times back in the day
    I remember calling a number for the weather before work each day. Also, do you all remember this - "at the tone, the time will be 1:35pm - beeeep".

• Options
    There was one more time before that. Kramer uses a cell phone to call Jerry in The Bottle Deposit when he and Newman are trailing the mechanic that stole Jerry's car. 
    Was that a cell phone, or a car phone?

• Options
    Actually I am. And I'm in the process of moving and books took up way too many boxes. Books, magazines, Pearl Jam stuff, and more commemorative 2008 Phillies publications than any normal person needs.  

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

I feel like Jerry used a car phone in quite a few episodes. They were different than cell phones right? I never had a car phone so not quite sure 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    vant0037 said:
    Elaine explains that her father left them when she was 9, and so has a fear of abandonment.  Nauseous Jerry’s problem?  He really wanted these all black handball sneakers, but they only came in adult sizes. So, you know, he never got them.

lol
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    vant0037 said:
    vant0037 said:
    Elaine explains that her father left them when she was 9, and so has a fear of abandonment.  Nauseous Jerry’s problem?  He really wanted these all black handball sneakers, but they only came in adult sizes. So, you know, he never got them.

lol
    I remember Jerry saying "I never got them" but couldn't remember anything else.  Great question!  

I'm really happy to see some movement on this thread, too!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    vant0037 said:
    vant0037 said:

lol
    Lol, that’s a great episode. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

I feel like Jerry used a car phone in quite a few episodes. They were different than cell phones right? I never had a car phone so not quite sure 

Yes. They had cords. So big as well. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    In "The Calzone," Jerry thinks he's getting Cuban cigars but instead gets a "producto de Peru" (Jerry, upon smoking one, says "its like trying to smoke a chicken bone.").

Name at least two other negative situations involving a cigar that happen on the show.

Bonus: who gave Jerry the Peruvian cigars?

Go!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg