'singing' the National Anthem

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pandora wrote:
    I wonder how bad she feels today

I wonder if she was your sister if you would be kinder, more loving, more compassionate, more forgiving

I look forward to a day when we all treat each other in a loving positive way

the negativity is holding us back

my energy crystals are going fucking haywire right now.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    pandora wrote:

I wonder if she was your sister if you would be kinder, more loving, more compassionate, more forgiving

i don't think wanting someone to perform the song as it was intended, to honor our country and the people who fought for our independence is too much to ask. i'm sure she feels horrible but she did a terrible job. is it forgiveable, yes probably but doesn't mean we should just shrug it off either. i think even she would say she is better than that performance.

I'm sure Christina could care less about her performance.

are you saying she cares or doesn't? cos that sentence above is worse than her singing.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    pandora wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Pandora.. i'm not doubting her ability to sing but what i watched and heard last night was brutal... her voice was all over the place and she kept doing that really really shit thing of trying to shove in as many octave range changes as she possibly could. that horrible boyband kind of raising and lowering pitches for absolutely no reason.

it was just screaming and yelling and high squealing.
    you miss the idea behind my post Dunk

I'm not sure that the point was? Is it that we are all beautiful?

I know you have a good heart and all that Pandora... but you are what you are... and people like me are what we are... but i have never felt that negativity was holding me back... other than that time i wore armour at a magnet museum.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dunkman wrote:

I know you have a good heart and all that Pandora... but you are what you are... and people like me are what we are... but i have never felt that negativity was holding me back... other than that time i wore armour at a magnet museum.

haha :lol:
    "but i have never felt that negativity was holding me back... other than that time i wore armour at a magnet museum." ~ dunk

that is some funny stuff mr.

fucking magnet museums...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pjhawks wrote:
    pandora wrote:

i don't think wanting someone to perform the song as it was intended, to honor our country and the people who fought for our independence is too much to ask. i'm sure she feels horrible but she did a terrible job. is it forgiveable, yes probably but doesn't mean we should just shrug it off either. i think even she would say she is better than that performance.
    Shrug it off...why not? I mean really, all this finding fault is a power trip I fear
    what good comes from it? Just being critical thats all.
    It is hurtful and negative and utterly useless and habit forming and contagious

but so is positivity
    lets try that for awhile
    everybody start a thread pointing out something beautiful, something right in the world,
    something nice... nice is really nice, it makes you feel good, the better you feel the better those you come into contact with will feel.

I watched the same show..I heard what you heard also but why should I publicly tear this woman up?
    She has feelings and she knows what she did was less than perfect.
    Have a heart...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    pandora wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Shrug it off...why not? I mean really, all this finding fault is a power trip I fear

but so is positivity
    lets try that for awhile
    everybody start a thread pointing out something beautiful, something right in the world,
    something nice... nice is really nice, it makes you feel good, the better you feel the better those you come into contact with will feel.

I watched the same show..I heard what you heard also but why should I publicly tear this woman up?
    Have a heart...

ghost of let's not keep score and give every child a trophy
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Christina has a beautiful deep voice thats why I like her so much. She's lovely.
    A young Mom, a sweet sexy girl.

I think she picked the wrong key...should have lowered it a little where her voice is strong and
    doesn't seem scream-y which can be a common problem when belting that song out.

I actually liked it better than Lea Michele's America the Beautiful but then I am a fan of Christina's
    and not of Glee's

a young mom doesnt come in to it? It's like me saying "ohhh leave Jeffrey Dahmer alone, he was a fine cartoonist"

\\ :lol::lol:
    pjhawks wrote:
    pandora wrote:

but so is positivity
    lets try that for awhile

Have a heart...

ghost of let's not keep score and give every child a trophy

More like ....lets build people up and not keep bringing everybody down

What the world needs now is love :D
    pandora wrote:

but so is positivity
    lets try that for awhile

Have a heart...

you're making this out to be something it isnt.

her singing was poor... i was pointing that out.

you're being negative about my thread now.. i can feel that negativity and it irks me... irks me to the point i want to throw my indian wind chime into my hemp box of crystals and break them all!!!!
    chadwick wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

haha :lol:
    "but i have never felt that negativity was holding me back... other than that time i wore armour at a magnet museum." ~ dunk

that is some funny stuff mr.

fucking magnet museums...

;)
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

but so is positivity
    lets try that for awhile

Have a heart...

you're being negative about my thread now.. i can feel that negativity and it irks me... irks me to the point i want to throw my indian wind chime into my hemp box of crystals and break them all!!!!
    I'm not negative about your thread...pointing out it could be said more positively
    instead of being mean and thoughtless of this little ladies feelings
    if she read it I think she would be hurt...more than she is already hurting this morning
    performers are people too
    I also think in the name of humor people get hurt...cause someone is getting their jollies

think twice be nice that is all :D
    pandora wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I'm not negative about your thread...pointing out it could be said more positively
    if she read it I think she would be hurt...more than she is already hurting this morning
    I also think in the name of humor people get hurt...cause someone is getting their jollies

I don't sing in public for fear of Dunk's poison pen.
    He drowns me in an ocean of negativity.

Thanks buddy, I coulda been something special...
    dunkman wrote:
    ... irks me to the point i want to throw my indian wind chime into my hemp box of crystals and break them all!!!!

haha
    "irks me to the point i want to throw my indian wind chine into my hemp box of crystals and break them all!!!!" ~ dunk

i'm spending all my monday morning quoting funny guy.
    it is tough keeping up with this fuckin dude.
    fuckin hippy scotsman

i didn't even know they had smokin weed in scotland
    hhmmppttt......

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    pandora wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

got any boy george singing like shit on your jukebox back at the tavern?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:

No jukebox... I don't want some drunken a-hole in charge of the music. No offense Eyed.
    pandora wrote:

but if everyone was to be nice on all the threads it would be utterly boring... it would just be like visiting a forum where everyone was sycophantic and gushing about a certain topic... The Porch for instance... that kinda forum? the place where, even after being told their membership is going up to $250, people will still comment with "OMG! It is so worth it... this band rocks! thank you 10C"

;)

but you are special... more than you'll ever realise.
    dunkman wrote:

See Pandora? He can say the nicest things...
    No jukebox... I don't want some drunken a-hole in charge of the music. No offense Eyed.
    eyed played boy george's redition of the national anthem on your stereo at the tavern?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    eyed played boy george's redition of the national anthem on your stereo at the tavern?

Only like 3 times!
    dunkman wrote:

I get it.... nice as in sarcastic? ;)
    chadwick wrote:

I'll try and be positive... Boy George should have had his skin removed and then been made to sit in a bath of salt for trying to show us all his 'acting' ability on the A-Team.

ok Pandora... that was genuinely positive... normally i would have said he should have been killed via a yacht to the face.
    pandora wrote:

ooohhhh you are sooo quick! ;)
    pandora wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Are you claiming Dunk's remarks are not genuine? I didn't see that coming...
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

ooohhhh you are sooo quick! ;)

and you are quick with words that hurt

think twice be nice .... think of all the good you could do if you were kind
    pandora wrote:

but think about how bored i'd be... all i'm doing is pointing out a professional singers horrible rendition of a song on a music based forum... i'm not slaying babies!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    she's a horrific "singer" if that's what one calls what she does...with her first note last night i turned it off

and by that point i had had enough of the fox/nfl reminding me that the game is played in america...christ was that pathetic
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

but think about how bored i'd be... all i'm doing is pointing out a professional singers horrible rendition of a song on a music based forum... i'm not slaying babies!
    It's not all about you in this world...
    we have a responsibility to not hurt each other.

I realize your humor and sarcasm is important to who you are
    but it hurts sometimes
    that is all I'm pointing out to you.

If this performer read the things you said for a laugh it would hurt.

You have the power to be positive with your humor which is a gift by the way
    a gift that many people do not have.

Humor is uplifting, helps us forget our worries, makes the world a better place.
    When it is negative or sarcastic it trashes and hurts.

I've made my point or tried to and as usual everything just goes round and round

but the thing is in this life 'we reap what we sow'
    and 'what goes around comes around'.
    Words to remember words to live by :D