'singing' the National Anthem

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
is that what Christina Aguilera did?? I'm not sure the wrong lyrics is such a problem compared to the wailing she produced before the Superbowl.

it was horrific.

sing the song woman... she wasn't auditioning for the role of "screaming crone" for some opera that only dogs can hear was she?
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    It still was better than Fergie butchering Sweet Child of Mine. And her own songs, for that matter.

Ugh.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i never saw the half-time show... it was 100am or so when i turned TV off.

my pillow has blood on it from my ears.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,513
    horrendous
    www.myspace.com
  • +1 and was that really Christina? She looks completely different everytime she comes out in public :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • It was pretty terrible.. I also thought the half time show was just awful as well...
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
    +1 and was that really Christina? She looks completely different everytime she comes out in public :lol:

i thought it was a really young Cyndi Lauper.

then she opened her mouth and the 14 wildebeest she'd eaten earlier started making a 'please rescue us' noise.
  • dunkman wrote:
    +1 and was that really Christina? She looks completely different everytime she comes out in public :lol:

i thought it was a really young Cyndi Lauper.

then she opened her mouth and the 14 wildebeest she'd eaten earlier started making a 'please rescue us' noise.
    :lol::lol:

They should have had multiple flyovers to mute it...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Pretty crappy singing performances all day....Anybody ever heard of a monitor, or teleprompter for that matter?

I will say, as bad as the singing was and as much as I dislike the BlackEyed Peas, it was infinitely better than Petty or the Boss in recent years. And at least they tried to sing.
    even at the end of it did you notice those 4 jet fighters flying as fast as they could away from the stadium!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    halftime show was brutal. sound was horrible, other than 'i've got a feeling' their songs totally blow and what is up with the mr. roboto like crap from the one guy, is that supposed to be singing? ugh and women like this shit? horrible. would rather have seen a country act, at least they actually perform music.

cristina aguilera - career ender? this notion of drawing out the lyrics to ridiculious lengths has to stop. the national anthem is not a pop song you losers, sing it as it is supposed to and actually with the correct lyrics.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    edited February 2011
    Christina has a beautiful deep voice thats why I like her so much. She's lovely.
    A young Mom, a sweet sexy girl.

I think she picked the wrong key...should have lowered it a little where her voice is strong and
    doesn't seem scream-y which can be a common problem when belting that song out.

I actually liked it better than Lea Michele's America the Beautiful but then I am a fan of Christina's
    and not of Glee's
    Post edited by pandora on
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ezFz69Fao

this would have worked infinitely better

and how about they do the half time show
    pandora wrote:
    Christina has a beautiful deep voice thats why I like her so much. She's lovely.

I think she picked the wrong key...should have lowered it a little where her voice is strong and

I actually liked it better than Lea Michele's America the Beautiful but then I am a fan of Christina's
    and not of Glee's

a young mom doesnt come in to it? It's like me saying "ohhh leave Jeffrey Dahmer alone, he was a fine cartoonist"

she brutally murdered something that is a symbol of America... if someone had shot her after 20 seconds then i would have applauded your frivolous and errant gun society... :twisted: ;)
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

and not of Glee's

a young mom doesnt come in to it? It's like me saying "ohhh leave Jeffrey Dahmer alone, he was a fine cartoonist"

she brutally murdered something that is a symbol of America... if someone had shot her after 20 seconds then i would have applauded your frivolous and errant gun society... :twisted: ;)

Do you need to go read the hate email thread? ;)

Perhaps you thrive on finding fault ;)

I don't think a cannibal can be compared to a sweet young thing like Christina :lol:
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    and she gained alot of weight, I had the whole game on mute, Joe Buck sucks as well.
    pandora wrote:

I don't think a cannibal can be compared to a sweet young thing like Christina :lol:

they both murdered things!! :mrgreen:;)
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    It's the National Anthem! My daughter knew the words when she was 3! At 2 shew knew as many as Christina!

If these extravaganzas want to showcase their event why not get some tradionalist/classical/ whoever sings it for a paycheck more than once in their life person. Quit getting these "name" singers who totally butcher it and make our country look silly. Just sing the song with class and without all the histronics!

As for halftime I was entertained by watching my 6 year old daughter singing and dancing to the show :) Let them be innocent for as long as they can..........

Jim
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    But the minute they announce Christina to sing the anthem you know she's going to do something like that. She's a pop queen and that's the kind of crap they do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfyFTzZ ... TYRr_72FAw :D

Don't look at me

Every day is so wonderful
    And suddenly it's hard to breathe
    Now and then I get insecure
    From all the pain, feel so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what they say
    Words can't bring me down
    I am beautiful in every single way
    Yes, words can't bring me down, oh no
    So don't you bring me down today

To all your friends you're delirious
    So consumed in all your doom
    Tryin' hard to fill the emptiness, the piece is gone
    Left the puzzle undone, ain't that the way it is?

'Cause you are beautiful no matter what they say
    Words can't bring you down, oh no
    You are beautiful in every single way
    Yes, words can't bring you down, oh no

No matter what we do
    No matter what we do
    (No matter what we say)
    No matter what we say
    (We're the song that's outta tune)
    (Full of beautiful mistakes)

(And everywhere we go)
    And everywhere we go
    (The sun will always shine)
    The sun will always, always shine!
    (But tomorrow we might awake on the other side)

'Cause we are beautiful no matter what they say
    Yes, words won't bring us down, oh no
    We are beautiful in every single way
    Yes, words can't bring us down, oh no

Don't you bring me down today
    Don't you bring me down today
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I know she screwed up the lyrics, but I thought she sounded fine.

The Black Eyed Peas, however, sounded like they do not have any singing talent whatsoever. Their performance was very poor.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I watched about 5 minutes of the game... it took about 15! Then off to bed and no more of this nonsense.
    Christina was funny, it was that bad it was funny.
    pandora wrote:

Pandora.. i'm not doubting her ability to sing but what i watched and heard last night was brutal... her voice was all over the place and she kept doing that really really shit thing of trying to shove in as many octave range changes as she possibly could. that horrible boyband kind of raising and lowering pitches for absolutely no reason.

it was just screaming and yelling and high squealing.
    know1 wrote:
    I know she screwed up the lyrics, but I thought she sounded fine.

not fussed on the lyrics... more the noise it made ... like a hippo standing on an upturned plug.
    I wonder how bad she feels today

I wonder if she was your sister if you would be kinder, more loving, more compassionate, more forgiving

I look forward to a day when we all treat each other in a loving positive way

the negativity is holding us back
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Pandora.. i'm not doubting her ability to sing but what i watched and heard last night was brutal... her voice was all over the place and she kept doing that really really shit thing of trying to shove in as many octave range changes as she possibly could. that horrible boyband kind of raising and lowering pitches for absolutely no reason.

it was just screaming and yelling and high squealing.
    you miss the idea behind my post Dunk
  • my friend's wife informed us ahead of time that she would look/sound/and perform like crap - - ig she is going through a divorce right now.
    I think its awesome that thanks to the E channel we were able to get that info ahead of time :lol:

I'm sure Christina could care less about her performance.
  • Well, I'm not a fan of Christina Agulera and dont know much of her music, but I thought her voice was powerful. I am aware that she is a pop singer so I wasnt suprised at her delivery or style. I thought it was good. As far as forgetting the lyrics or order of the lines.. its a mistake for godsake. You know what Bob Ross used to say?
    "We dont make mistakes, we have happy accidents." -Bob Ross ;)

The halftime show was not very good though.. when is that autotune or robotic voice thing going to go away?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Also, Although I thought she sounded not great... this is the first time in a LONG time that it was sung live and not pre-recorded. Probably the last time for a long time :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    pandora wrote:
    :D How does someone who can sing like that do what she did yesterday?
    I can't complain too much as I've witnessed this sort of thing before rugby and football matches over here.
    It's called the let's use 9 notes when 1 will do syndrome.