Options

please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    SENROCK..this was meant to be a......"happy" thread.
    exactly....come on guys,its fun,people make plans,think how to travel...for sure without official annuncement you cant book anyhing,so chill out...all ok..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Just passing on some info unlike the the club we pay for
    I swear you are doing this just to thumb your nose at them. They will tell us when they are good and ready, not to mention when all the contracts are signed and the ink has dried! This is so far from a done deal its not even funny....
    Where do you live?
    They tell us when they are good and ready?
    Dream on!
    They tell us after Rolling Stone, Billboard, GrungeReport and Radio told us.
    When was the last time Tenclub was the first source to tell us PJ news?
    I can't remember...

Most of the times, 10-C does a good job.
    But passing along news about the band fast isn't their strength.
  • Options
    I can't remember...

quote]
    EV SOLO AUSTRALIA..was the last one....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    If this weekend is on in the middle of nowhere I'd say my chances of going are slim to none.

Pity its not on in Chicago or some other big city.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    If this weekend is on in the middle of nowhere I'd say my chances of going are slim to none.

Pity its not on in Chicago or some other big city.

+ 1
    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013: New York ,Philadelphia
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 2018: London 1, Lisbon 2022: London 1+ 2, Krakow 2023: Austin 1 + 2
  • Options
    I can't remember...

quote]

haha i beat 10C to that news by a day and announced all the original dates.

10C announed the 3rd bris and 3rd syd show and made a point of saying that they broke the news. :lol:
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    IF this event is at alpine, which i really hope it isn't, the only way i'll go is if i can camp or walk to the venue and having been to alpine before i know the venue ain't downtown chicago so walking is out

what i really hope is that IF alpine is a go that they offer all those on site camping spots to 10c members first

bottomline...alpine sucks cause of where it's located. i would much prefer downtown chicago where there are many hotels within walking distance and you don't have to wait 1.5hours after the show just to get out of the venue parking lot. that is a total buzz kill for me...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    IF this event is at alpine, which i really hope it isn't, the only way i'll go is if i can camp or walk to the venue and having been to alpine before i know the venue ain't downtown chicago so walking is out

what i really hope is that IF alpine is a go that they offer all those on site camping spots to 10c members first

bottomline...alpine sucks cause of where it's located. i would much prefer downtown chicago where there are many hotels within walking distance and you don't have to wait 1.5hours after the show just to get out of the venue parking lot. that is a total buzz kill for me...

100% agreed...this stinks
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    I can't remember...

quote]

haha i beat 10C to that news by a day and announced all the original dates.

10C announed the 3rd bris and 3rd syd show and made a point of saying that they broke the news. :lol:
    yep,but noone buy tickets reading your anouncement.,. :lol:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    This is a shame though people here geting pissed at eachother and the powers that be just sit there and let all this speculation continue with out one word from them ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

I am personally in no hurry to get out of the parking lot. Head back to the car, crack a beer and hang out with some people until the lines clear out. I've met so many cool people doing this over the years at so many different venues. It's just apart of the concert experience to me.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options

I am personally in no hurry to get out of the parking lot. Head back to the car, crack a beer and hang out with some people until the lines clear out. I've met so many cool people doing this over the years at so many different venues. It's just apart of the concert experience to me.

Exactly! I just make sure we have enough to drink after the show 8-) . What's the hurry to leave anyway, you'll get enough sleep when your dead :lol: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    I think this is awesome- not because I live within driving distance, but because I feel (if its held here) that this is a great location for such an event. This place has such a 'dead-head' vibe to it.... Old school partying before and after, and meeting lots of fellow fans.

Instead of everyone acting life self-righteous, entitled fuckheads- god forbid having to TRAVEL to a venue, and omfg WAIT in LINE to get out of a parking lot, and holy shit I gotta walk up a fucking HILL to go take a piss during evenflow..... Take a step back and breathe. It will come. There will be time to get deets figured out and plenty of time for bitching afterwards.

Chill the fuck out- make love, not war.
  • Options
    I've never been to Wisconsin before...

Are there a lot of hotels/motels near the venue??
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,502

there are no hotels in wisconsin.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Steph- check out my thread.
  • Options

Just saw it...THANKS!!! You rock! :thumbup:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options

Just saw it...THANKS!!! You rock! :thumbup:

...don't say i didn't warn you. ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Alpine Valley is going to be a nightmare. I just don't see it being equipped to handle this many overnight visitors for a whole weekend.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Everyone does realize that this venue has held a concert weekend or two, right?

Numerous 2-3 night concert fests?

Hosting acts that have thousands of fans as well?
  • Options

I highly doubt that those shows had 80% of the attendees flying in from other areas of the country and world.

Everywhere has 2 and 3 night events. Because they have had them doesn't mean they are ready to house 30,000 people for a whole weekend.

As much of a dump as I think Wrigley Field is, it just makes soooooooooo much more sense. Every 10 Club member could be in the floor sections and there would be plenty of seats for the general public. I just don't understand the Alpine Valley location. If it was a one night normal show, yes, but I just don't see how this little town is going to house all of these people without people having to make the 1 hour trek to Chicago or Milwaukee.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options

I highly doubt that those shows had 80% of the attendees flying in from other areas of the country and world.

Everywhere has 2 and 3 night events. Because they have had them doesn't mean they are ready to house 30,000 people for a whole weekend.

As much of a dump as I think Wrigley Field is, it just makes soooooooooo much more sense. Every 10 Club member could be in the floor sections and there would be plenty of seats for the general public. I just don't understand the Alpine Valley location. If it was a one night normal show, yes, but I just don't see how this little town is going to house all of these people without people having to make the 1 hour trek to Chicago or Milwaukee.
    I'm pretty certain that Alpine has been sold out, numerous weekends, for other events.... And I'm sure all those people in attendance didn't live in the neighborhood.

I drove nightly last tour- 4 hrs/rdtp to Colombus and Indy, 8hrs/rdtp to Clev. and flew to Hartford and back in 30 hrs. Some people flew across the world.... Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I will try my best to go where ever. There is no sense BITCHING about it.

Stay in Milwaukee, Chicago, Madison, Beloit.... There are hundreds of hotels along the way.

The band could play in people's backyards and they would still bitch.

Play where ever PJ. It will be an amazing weekend no matter where you play.... I'll be there, with bells on bitches.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    just did a quick count

http://reservations.hotelguides.com/nex ... b0&rows=31

40+ hotels within 20 miles.

assume 250 rooms per hotel and 2 people per room and you have accomodations for 20K people.

fuck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

I'm pretty certain that Alpine has been sold out, numerous weekends, for other events.... And I'm sure all those people in attendance didn't live in the neighborhood.

I drove nightly last tour- 4 hrs/rdtp to Colombus and Indy, 8hrs/rdtp to Clev. and flew to Hartford and back in 30 hrs. Some people flew across the world.... Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I will try my best to go where ever. There is no sense BITCHING about it.

Stay in Milwaukee, Chicago, Madison, Beloit.... There are hundreds of hotels along the way.

The band could play in people's backyards and they would still bitch.

Play where ever PJ. It will be an amazing weekend no matter where you play.... I'll be there, with bells on bitches.

what kind of bells are we talking about?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    downtown milwaukee is 36 miles. that isn't very far to drive. some people are regular debbie downers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    81 wrote:
    downtown milwaukee is 36 miles. that isn't very far to drive. some people are regular debbie downers

exactly, I think they have some hotels there. I may just stay there since it is easier. I also don't think 30K of the 37K the venue holds will be from out of town.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    7 hours and 45 minutes....not too shabby.

Feb 2. in Rolling Stone:

"Around that time the band will play a "weekend bash" somewhere in the middle of the country. "We've been talking about doing something like this for a long time," says Ament. "We hope to have it locked down pretty soon so we can start asking our friends if they want to play a couple of shows with us. It if winds up being a two-day thing we'll probably play both days. It's in the infancy stages right now."

Hopefully "locking it down pretty soon" translates into "any minute" now.... :)
  • Options
    81 wrote:

exactly, I think they have some hotels there. I may just stay there since it is easier. I also don't think 30K of the 37K the venue holds will be from out of town.

and if you notice my post above this one....there are a shit load of hotels within 20 miles. my rough math had them being able to hold 20K fans.

toss in the 45 minute drive to milwaukee and i'm sure there are enough hotels to go around.

but some will bitch and moan and toss out misinformation
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    the powers that be, better reserve the onsite camping for the AET tent, or their will be hell to pay. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    This is a shame though people here geting pissed at eachother and the powers that be just sit there and let all this speculation continue with out one word from them ....

Somehow that manages to happen with every single announcement the band makes. Tour dates, box sets, tickets, socks....anything. Fights always break out here and it's almost always due to lack of communication. They just let the fights happen then mysteriously lock threads without acknowledging what is being asked.

In this case however, I can actually see the details not being hammered out yet so there really is nothing to say although it would be nice if someone would chime in and say "You guys might want to stop with the reservations..." or "You guys are on the right track..." we all know they will never do that because they are better than us and above doing something like that. I think the info that is usually leaked here (this or the boxed sets) is generally spot on so maybe it is along further than I think.
This discussion has been closed.