Options

please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Options
    Ya'll are crazy. No official word this is even happening. Hope you guys aren't out a bunch of money if it doesn't happen where and when you are predicting.

Yeah, I think holding off would be best, it's a gamble at this point. Also, I was hoping for something that was actually "middle US" as promised.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    Yeah, I think holding off would be best, it's a gamble at this point. Also, I was hoping for something that was actually "middle US" as promised.

The "middle of the country" statement was FAR from a promise.

And by many definitions, Wisconsin would be considered middle of the country.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options

The "middle of the country" statement was FAR from a promise.

And by many definitions, Wisconsin would be considered middle of the country.

It was in a press release or something, so I assumed that meant they were working toward scheduling it somewhere in the middle. Yeah, WI is kind of in the middle, but I was hoping for more of MO or IL, they seem to be a little more in the middle. ;) Anyway, for all we know, it may not even be in Alpine, who knows? Also, I was curious if any little birdies have said anything about any fall tour dates? Also, is this just a one-weekend event or might we see another one or two spring up? Thanks!
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    Is it a huge hassle to get out of the Alpine Valley parking lot?

Is the lodge in walking distance to the venue?

Thanks!
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Thanks!

Huge hassle, especially if it rains.

The lodge looks close enough. I never have stayed there.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 398
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Thanks!

Last time I was there I got to my car at 11:15...didn't even bother starting it up until 12:20, by that time it was a quick 5 minute exit.

The post-show atmosphere in the lots is pretty fun if you don't have to work the next day. People shoot fireworks, light up grills and drink some beer until the lots finally clear up and they kick you out.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    phardinphardin Posts: 133
    Ya'll are crazy. No official word this is even happening. Hope you guys aren't out a bunch of money if it doesn't happen where and when you are predicting.

We're not crazy, we're smart. You get a full refund if you cancel within 72 hours of your reservation. I imagine they'll announce it with more than 3 days notice :lol: . Booked two rooms earlier today.
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    There's no camping right? It's definitely at a venue for campers! Also there's only 1 stage, Jeff talked about multiple stages and all sorts of activities and shit.
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    I really really really hope this isn't the last weekend of August. I am dying to go to this festival, but that's the one weekend this summer that I am definitely not able to change my plans for.
  • Options
    So are all of these hotel and travel reservations based on ONE person you have never?
  • Options
    phardinphardin Posts: 133
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    SOB.... The chick from Alpine called me back and said that there's only 1 concert suite, and it was already taken. I got the last regular suite available, queen bed with a pullout couch, like an embassy suites. No pricing yet. She said that they were almost sold outta Rooms for that weekend. "Lotta people booking rooms for PJ" boy are they gonna be pissed if its not on that weekend, or Alpine...

Did you get the impression that she was sure that PJ was playing?

When I called and asked if I could book a hotel room this far in advanced for August, she immediatley asked if it was for Pearl Jam and knew what weekend I wanted. But then she said she didn't know anything, they've just gotten a lot of people booking rooms for it. So I found that strange.
    So are all of these hotel and travel reservations based on ONE person you have never?

No, Alpine has been the front runner since the fest first came up. But now we have a 35 page thread so people are jumping on the bandwagon. It doesn't cost anything to book a room. If they do play there, I don't have to worry about where to stay and can walk to the show. If not, I wasted 5 minutes of my day booking a room. Not a bad trade off
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    People really should think twice about posting things like this.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,502
    SolarWorld wrote:

people just like causing a stir. easy to do in these parts. ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

Which is exactly my point. Think twice people. This person is never being told anything thing EVER AGAIN if this is true. And why ruin the bands announcement if you are such a fan? I take no part in this reserving rooms business. I hope Pearl Jam goes with plan B just to make a point.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    SolarWorld wrote:

Just passing on some info unlike the the club we pay for
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

right :thumbup: :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

I swear you are doing this just to thumb your nose at them. They will tell us when they are good and ready, not to mention when all the contracts are signed and the ink has dried! This is so far from a done deal its not even funny....
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

I swear you are doing this just to thumb your nose at them. They will tell us when they are good and ready, not to mention when all the contracts are signed and the ink has dried! This is so far from a done deal its not even funny....

Thumb my nose at them? Who is them? People I don't know who work for my favorite band? What are you talking about? Unlike a lot of people here I don't pray to the 10c
    I thought this was the section where we talk about pearl jam and pearl jam related news ?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

Which is exactly my point. Think twice people. This person is never being told anything thing EVER AGAIN if this is true. And why ruin the bands announcement if you are such a fan? I take no part in this reserving rooms business. I hope Pearl Jam goes with plan B just to make a point.
    Plan B???

Cincy???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

Plan B???

Cincy???

poconos. it will happen. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002

Thumb my nose at them? Who is them? People I don't know who work for my favorite band? What are you talking about? Unlike a lot of people here I don't pray to the 10c
    I thought this was the section where we talk about pearl jam and pearl jam related news ?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    SolarWorld wrote:

Plan B???

Cincy???
    Fuck???
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    edited February 2011

Just commenting on your snide ass comment... Nobody is perfect. Ten Club included. Problem is you seem to lack any kind of professional respect for the band, the club or any of the people that work hard to bring you this band's product. You want to jump the gun, essentially screw up the announcement. Yeah you, you did such a good deed. :roll: Take a breath next time before you plan on blasting some "privileged" information this said "unnamed famous source" told you (like they don't know who you are by know if this is true).

I'll tell you this and be done with it, don't care if you believe me or not. Anyone that has "information" coming from a close source to this band and organization know better than to blab it all over home base's message board. It's far from classy and something you just don't do.
    Post edited by SolarWorld on
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

Plan B???

Cincy???

Man I just hope we can get to drink together again and see some Pearl Jam... sometime soon.
  • Options
    After reading all 36 pages of this thread..

PLEASE 10c. Lock this thread or update everyone if this alpine valley is not confirmed or is bad info

A lot of people have put money down on rooms and whatnot so just a simple yes it's in the works or or no it's not would help

I don't understand the why a little info from the fan club on this matter can't be shared with us..

Surely you see the masses are so hungry for this that they are booking random end of summer weekends
    A small update would be nice for these people
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

Just commenting on your snide ass comment... Nobody is perfect. Ten Club included. Problem is you seem to lack any kind of professional respect for the band, the club or any of the people that work hard to bring you this band's product. You want to jump the gun, essentially screw up the announcement. Yeah you, you did such a good deed. :roll: Take a breath next time before you plan on blasting some "privileged" information this said "unnamed famous source" told you (like they don't know who you are by know if this is true).

I'll tell you this and be done with it, don't care if you believe me or not. Anyone that has "information" coming from a close source to this band and organization know better than to blab it all over home base's message board. It's far from classy and something you just don't do.

So you are saying I potentially messed this whole thing up because someone told me pearl jam is at the moment ...playing alpine valley? If my words have that much influence on things I would love to know
    Holy moly :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :wtf: :wtf:
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

So you are saying I potentially messed this whole thing up because someone told me pearl jam is at the moment ...playing alpine valley? If my words have that much influence on things I would love to know
    Holy moly :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :wtf: :wtf:

Nope. Not what I'm saying. Not even close.
  • Options
    Whatever dude..I have no idea what you mean or what you are implying

As you probably read I asked the 10c for some type of clarity because this shit is really out of hand.
    If I (and some others in this thread)were given bad info they should let us know
  • Options
    After reading all 36 pages of this thread..

PLEASE 10c. Lock this thread or update everyone if this alpine valley is not confirmed or is bad info

A lot of people have put money down on rooms and whatnot so just a simple yes it's in the works or or no it's not would help

I don't understand the why a little info from the fan club on this matter can't be shared with us..

Surely you see the masses are so hungry for this that they are booking random end of summer weekends
    A small update would be nice for these people

TOOTHPASTE!!! PLEASEEE!!! PLEASE!!! Go back in the the tube!! PLEASE!!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    SolarWorld wrote:

I think the bottom line is that you are upset AtlantaJammer took the last room at Alpine Resort! :lol:

For real though, this was meant to be a......"happy" thread. I see your point of trying to stress Neily leaving the confirmed info up to ten club to announce. However, i see the other point of a fan like the rest of us, being really exxxcited to share this news with LIKE MINDED people who love PEARL JAM. I am sure the intention was to SHARE what one was told as solid info, because LATELY, the ten club is slacking on letting us all in on news FIRST. Everybody is just exxxcited about news, ANY news, clues, hints, etc so I dont think it was meant to make anyone angry. Also, if the party weekend ends up NOT being Alpine Valley, it isn't Neily's fault. He shared what was told to him and if something changes between now and "end of summer"......oh well! We will be WHEREVER the pearl jam party weekend is! :D YES, Neily brags a LOT about stuff, BUT......he means no harm. The dude is genuine in real life. I wish everyone could just get along on this pearl jam board and DISCUSS all things PEARL JAM merrily!!! :lol: Peace out 8-)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
This discussion has been closed.