Options

Plantar Fascitis Surgery

13»

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Just be realistic about recovery time. I think surgeons low ball the recovery time on foot surgery, based on what others have told me. I hope it goes really well.

I live in Dansko clogs - I've danced most of my life and have foot damage, but as long as I stay in decent shoes, plantar fascitis, and sesimoiditis stay under control. Calf stretching helps too (for others whose isn't as bad as yours).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    I really don't like Crocs.

No reason you should. Right after first tearing my plantar tendon, they were the only things I could wear. Always black ones though, none of those pastel colored ones or whatever. Then I found the combat Croc and kind of stumbled upon what great river crossing shoes they make. The combat croc has the velcro heel strap and thick soles with traction that stick to wet rocks. Ther are even bigger than normal crocs, so they are basically clown shoes. If they were any bigger, I think I could walk across the surface of water.

And I only wear them in the backcountry which is good for two reasons:

A- there is almost nobody to ever see me wearing them

B- anybody seeing me wearing them can be easily dispatched on the spot and buried where nobody will ever find them

I don't mind the look of crocs, I just wonder about how supportive they are. They seem awfully wide on some people and I worry that they might slide around.

I can't remember actually when, but it may have been in the early 90's clogs seem to come back in to fashion. I thought they were a good idea as they looked like they might last a long time. I wore them all the time. Well, I did until a friend of mine came home one night shook her foot to get one off and it flew through her caravan window completely trashing it. I never felt the same about them after that, I guess crocs remind me of clogs. Maybe I have a phobia.