Generation Y women losing 'female' skills

13»

Comments

• pandora wrote:
    But everyone should know how to drive a manual stick shift just in case and besides it's fun!

This is so true. I just spent a couple of days trying to teach someone to drive a stick. The person is very stubborn though, so it was somewhat frustrating :roll: :x It always surprises me when people my age say they don't know how to drive standard. And you're right, it is fun :D

Hubby and I share pretty much all of the chores. We can both cook, bake, sew and iron; course we're not gen y, but gen x ;):mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • and I'd probably do the laundry had I not once ruined one of her "delicates". :lol: I didn't care. They don't stay on that long anyway. 8-)
    Paul David wrote:
    I do most of the housework (except laundry). Cleaning, cooking more of the time than she does........all of the outside work: shovelling, mowing, raking. She does the finances.

I'm more her bitch than I am her husband. :lol:
    :clap: My kind of man! :mrgreen:
    I do the finances and I pretty much have to fix anything that breaks in our house, as apparently I'm the handy one :? :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • I do it all. I don't mind. I'm mr mom
    I'll be back
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2011
    Post edited by rollings on
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Half Full wrote:
    I agree with the ironing...I hate it, but if it has to be done, then so be it.

Sewing, I hate, but if it's something simple liek a button or hem undone, I'll force myself to do it.

But I am mum/dad all rolled into one 5' package, so I can cook (all hail the bbq), clean (yuck but has to be done), I also mow the grass, fix things Mr K and the dog break, install fencing, service my car, and except for my current car, have always driven manuals.....and I really miss it.

you install fencing? as in around yards?
    (...Is that what the dog happens to break?)

And it must be females outside of the USA who drive manuals,
    because I'm pretty sure that there's only woman in the United States that does (alive today)

In the UK pretty much everyone learns to drive and takes their test in a manual car. You can do it in an automatic car (tends to be people who have moved from the US and want a UK licence ... my cousin is a driving instructor) but the licence is then restricted to you only being allowed to drive automatic cars and you aren't allowed to drive a manual.

Most people I know have gone on to buy manual cars.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • One day robots will replace females.
    I am lacking in male skills, don't know shit about motors, don't know how to change the tap or do other man jobs around the house.
    Hopefully robots will replace me to.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Great article! If a Chick CAN'T Cook...see ya later! haha...and Yep in the Kicthen where they ""BELONG"" ...:P
  • I can't believe so many homes have computers in the kitchen these days!

Look at all these wimminz posting their laughable and foolish opinions.

Also, where the hell is my sandwich?
    I knew it all along, see?
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Somehow we both ended up with manual cars last year. Mine because I wanted one (my MINI S), and her's (a Honda Accord) because the dealer had it on the lot a long time. It was an order and the guy didn't pick it up and they were having trouble selling it. Fully loaded Accord but a manual. I didn't even know you could get a manual Accord.

Anyway, she learned on a manual as did I.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13