Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    So much for the dates being announced this week.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    Newch91 wrote:
    So much for the dates being announced this week.

I kept checking all week and nothing. Oh well. Hopefully they will come soon

A friend of mine wants to see them too. She knows I'm on top of checking for the dates and has been waiting on my call. We are hoping for Philly
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I saw them again last night, really good line up with Tame Impala, Death Cab for a Cutie and Biffy Clyro in support.
    The band were in great spirits and totally seemed to be having a great time, we had guest appearances from Roger Taylor, Bob Mould and Alice Cooper :D:D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Was just thinking how Bridge Burning is one hell of a way to open an album! Good stuff :thumbup:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Was just thinking how Bridge Burning is one hell of a way to open an album! Good stuff :thumbup:
    Yes! This album is going to take me time to learn on drums. I knew Taylor Hawkins was a really good drummer, but DAMN! He is on fire on this album.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Wow! Listen to Times Like These on their Facebook page!! :D:D:mrgreen:

http://www.facebook.com/foofighters
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Apparently the North America announcement will now be 7/11.

Rumored dates for OZ:

Here's the dates for AU/NZ:
    Monday 28th November – NIB Stadium, Perth
    Friday 2nd December – AAMI Stadium, Melbourne
    Monday 5th December – Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
    Thursday 8th December – Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney
    Saturday 10th December – Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast
    Tuesday 13th December - Western Springs Stadium, Auckland

Tenacious D are supporting.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Rumored dates for OZ:

Thanks for the update on the date they'll be announced. I heard about those rumored AU/NZ dates. I'll wait for everything to be announced by the band before I add them.

EDIT: Confirmed by their Twitter page they're going down under.

"That's rt, kids. Foos are coming to visit our rowdy pals down under & we're bringing the BIG rock show. Don't miss it !"
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Knowing my luck they will have the presale next week when I am up in Northern Maine camping and don't have any cell/internet service.

Did they post somewhere that the US announcement will be July 11th or is that just speculation?
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    Knowing my luck they will have the presale next week when I am up in Northern Maine camping and don't have any cell/internet service.

Did they post somewhere that the US announcement will be July 11th or is that just speculation?
    I think speculation right now. No date announced yet.
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    Newch91 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Rumored dates for OZ:

Thanks for the update on the date they'll be announced. I heard about those rumored AU/NZ dates. I'll wait for everything to be announced by the band before I add them.

"That's rt, kids. Foos are coming to visit our rowdy pals down under & we're bringing the BIG rock show. Don't miss it !"

Should be a good night.... Tenacious D supporting and apparently another artist... rumours are black keys... if thats true my head might explode!
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    A friend of mine that lives in Boston saw a commercial last night. Foo fighters at td bank arena. 11/15. Tickets go on sale next Friday.
  • Options
    A friend of mine that lives in Boston saw a commercial last night. Foo fighters at td bank arena. 11/15. Tickets go on sale next Friday.
    Sweet! Looks like that date of July 11th for dates to be announced will be true.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    They were supposed to play Charlotte this fall/winter, but I think something fell through.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,368
    joely_91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Rumored dates for OZ:

Should be a good night.... Tenacious D supporting and apparently another artist... rumours are black keys... if thats true my head might explode!
    I got the email from Frontier Touring today - no mention of another opener but Black Keys would be awesome!

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the presale for the Oz tour starts on July 14th
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    This is from the frontier page :).... although i'm now hearing rumours it might be the strokes??

"If the Foo Fighters tour wasn't already exciting enough, no event can legitimately lay claim to the biggest rock concert of the year without including the band behind the "best song in the world". Oh yes, we're talking about the one and only Tenacious D aka. Jack Black and Kyle Gass who last blew fans away with their 2007 tour of Australia and New Zealand.

Jack Black's theatrical vocals and lyrical narrative coupled with Kyle Gass' manic guitar skills will shred stadium crowds to pieces and take them on a sonic voyage to rock heaven and back, delivering an audience primed for the Foo Fighters to take the stage.

Though it seems this line-up could not possibly get any better, Frontier Touring are not done yet. Stay tuned for further announcements to hear who else will be rounding out this spectacular bill!

Australia and New Zealand make yourself word perfect for every Foos and D tune out there and you just may be worthy of what is set to be one of the biggest - and best - rock concerts of the year!"
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I'm personally disappointed with the Aus dates.... 8th is my mums bday... plus I work till 6.30 and will take me a good hour to get in there... so virtually rule out a good spot in G.A, and it is such a big venue.... For me, it worked well for PJ cause I was 4th row, but I was lining up at 1.... so I gotta try and break the news to mum....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I'm personally disappointed with the Aus dates.... 8th is my mums bday... plus I work till 6.30 and will take me a good hour to get in there... so virtually rule out a good spot in G.A, and it is such a big venue.... For me, it worked well for PJ cause I was 4th row, but I was lining up at 1.... so I gotta try and break the news to mum....

What a bummer! I dont know how big Sydney Football stadium is but if it sells out maybe they might do a second show the day before?... I have a feeling Perth might its not a huge venue and the Foo's are a lot more mainstream here then what many other good rock bands are.
  • Options
    Got this email from the Foo Fighters:
    IF LIVE SHREDDY RIFFS AND MONSTER HITS IS SOMETHING YOU ARE INTERESTED IN READ THIS

On Monday, July 11th Foo Fighters are performing at iTunes Festival 2011.The rock show will take place at the legendary Roundhouse in London.
    YOU can watch it LIVE (available in most, but selected countries). Thanks to our pals at iTunes, it's totally simple and totally FREE.
    To watch on your iPad, iPhone or iPod – download the FREE iTunes festival app.
    To watch on your computer – simply open iTunes + click on the ITUNES FESTIVAL banner on the front page.

Don't have iTunes yet ? Srsly ? Ok we won't tell anyone, just go here. Tune in MONDAY, JULY 11th at 9:00 pm local LONDON time
  • Options
    ARLANDRIA!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Newch91 wrote:
    Got this email from the Foo Fighters:
    IF LIVE SHREDDY RIFFS AND MONSTER HITS IS SOMETHING YOU ARE INTERESTED IN READ THIS

On Monday, July 11th Foo Fighters are performing at iTunes Festival 2011.The rock show will take place at the legendary Roundhouse in London.
    YOU can watch it LIVE (available in most, but selected countries). Thanks to our pals at iTunes, it's totally simple and totally FREE.
    To watch on your iPad, iPhone or iPod – download the FREE iTunes festival app.
    To watch on your computer – simply open iTunes + click on the ITUNES FESTIVAL banner on the front page.

Don't have iTunes yet ? Srsly ? Ok we won't tell anyone, just go here. Tune in MONDAY, JULY 11th at 9:00 pm local LONDON time

I so wanted to go to this show, it's a fab small venue. I wasn't lucky on the lottery/comp for tickets...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    I cant believe this white limo video. Theyre having an amazing year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2brErERQ&sns=em

Edit
    I just saw the add date as 2/12. Damn. Am I this late to the party?
  • Options
    I cant believe this white limo video. Theyre having an amazing year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2brErERQ&sns=em

Edit
    I just saw the add date as 2/12. Damn. Am I this late to the party?
    Not late at all. The video is so funny.
  • Options
    I forgot my friend is on vacation in Portugal and he wrote on his Facebook page that he just saw the band play. That's so awesome.

I hope there's a CT date when they announce shows.
  • Options
    This is from the Foo Fighters fan forum:

SINCE IT GOT LEAKY …. Here is the confirmation on these shows – but that’s not all, additional shows still TBA on Monday
    Thx
    11/7 – Duluth GA
    Gwinnett Center
    With Social Distortion & The Joy Formidable
    PRE-SALE starts Wednesday, July 13th @ 10am local time
    PASSWORD IS ROCK
    11/10 – Philadelphia, PA
    Wells Fargo Center
    PASSWORD IS ROCK
    11/16 – Boston, MA
    TD Garden
    PASSWORD IS ROCK
    Tickets on sale to the Public Friday, July 15th @ 10am local time
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

SINCE IT GOT LEAKY …. Here is the confirmation on these shows – but that’s not all, additional shows still TBA on Monday
    Thx
    11/7 – Duluth GA
    Gwinnett Center
    PASSWORD IS ROCK
    11/10 – Philadelphia, PA
    Wells Fargo Center
    PASSWORD IS ROCK
    11/16 – Boston, MA
    TD Garden
    PASSWORD IS ROCK

Fuck, bad timing on the presales for me. Guess I will have to try with the public sale.

Unfortunately tickets to shows in Boston is monopolized by scalpers such as Ace Ticket. I think I will have better luck winning the powerball then scoring good seats to this show. :evil:

Keep my fingers crossed though and if anyone scores extra seats on Wednesday I would love to take them off your hands!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Thx
    11/7 – Duluth GA
    Gwinnett Center
    PASSWORD IS ROCK
    11/10 – Philadelphia, PA
    Wells Fargo Center
    PASSWORD IS ROCK
    11/16 – Boston, MA
    TD Garden
    PASSWORD IS ROCK
    Come on CT date! I'll add these.
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    ^^Yay for Philly :D ^^
  • Options
    peacegirl wrote:
    ^^Yay for Philly :D ^^

you bet!!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Newch91 wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Yes! This album is going to take me time to learn on drums. I knew Taylor Hawkins was a really good drummer, but DAMN! He is on fire on this album.

interesting, I thought he is pretty awesome too, that confirms it
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2