***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    awesome pics. thanks for sharing. :mrgreen:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    So their show at hangout was awesome. One of the coolest parts though is cee low was supposed to go on at 330. Well he couldn't make it so foo fighters to the rescue we will do two sets :)
    they did all covers starting with coppers schools out then a queen song then petty's break down then little nickir by that time cee low shows up and finishes that song with them and then his band gets in.
    pretty cool shit
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Sounds like the shows have been incredible so far. Dave posted an awesome pic on Facebook of him and Cee Lo.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Newch91 wrote:
    Sounds like the shows have been incredible so far. Dave posted an awesome pic on Facebook of him and Cee Lo.
    :lol: I saw that picture!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    hope you never see me wind up!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtNDbA_zayI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQvAsBxu ... re=related

I want to see this song live so bad.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Today on FB there was a really awesome picture of Dave & Matisyahu!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Really? I missed it. Will check tomorrow.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Newch91 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Really? I missed it. Will check tomorrow.

Was on Matisyahu's page, not FF's, just so ya know!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    Part of the email they sent:

"COLORADO - UTAH - CALIFORNIA - ARIZONA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - ALBERTA
    Keep your eyes and ears open for details to be announced BEGINNING JUNE 13th"

Hopefully more north east shows are announced.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Newch91 wrote:

yeah, really hoping that they come to Philly. My three sons all want to go and I did not get tickets to Izod, thinking Philly would be announced.......hmmmm......
    June 7th - iTunes release of the film
    June 14th - Blu-ray exclusively at Best Buy and DVD everywhere
    July 14th - Blu-ray everywhere
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

yeah, really hoping that they come to Philly. My three sons all want to go and I did not get tickets to Izod, thinking Philly would be announced.......hmmmm......
    i just got tickets to Izod last night, they might still have some available
    conman wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

i just got tickets to Izod last night, they might still have some available
    Nice! Enjoy the show!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Hey guys. I went to the Little Rock show on the 18th and to Memphis last night, both shows were awesome.
    Were were up front GA Wed. night and I got Lemmy and Phil's picks. Anyway, great shows, the only other band that puts on anything this great is PJ. Anyway, here are my pics from Wed. and Fri. I also got a great recording of Skin and Bones along with a guy proposing to his girlfriend at last night's show. As soon as I can get it "flipped" right I will get it posted on Youtube and post a link.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.668908635274.2150737.70309075&l=0a51dd997b

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 522de7941e

(Hope the links work)

Wow you have some awesome pics there. What camera? I need to get me one of those :mrgreen:
  • Suziemay wrote:
    Hey guys. I went to the Little Rock show on the 18th and to Memphis last night, both shows were awesome.
    Were were up front GA Wed. night and I got Lemmy and Phil's picks. Anyway, great shows, the only other band that puts on anything this great is PJ. Anyway, here are my pics from Wed. and Fri. I also got a great recording of Skin and Bones along with a guy proposing to his girlfriend at last night's show. As soon as I can get it "flipped" right I will get it posted on Youtube and post a link.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.668908635274.2150737.70309075&l=0a51dd997b

(Hope the links work)

Wow you have some awesome pics there. What camera? I need to get me one of those :mrgreen:

Thank you. I picked up that camera with concerts in mind, here is a link:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canon-4246B001AA/13969236
    I got it ever cheaper than that at Target, it was originally $300. It has a nice zoom and good picture quality, but it's not so cumbersome that I can't get in the door with it at concerts.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    Suziemay wrote:

(Hope the links work)

Thank you. I picked up that camera with concerts in mind, here is a link:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canon-4246B001AA/13969236
    I got it ever cheaper than that at Target, it was originally $300. It has a nice zoom and good picture quality, but it's not so cumbersome that I can't get in the door with it at concerts.

Fantastic!! I thought I needed to get a "nicer" camera but it really is just the zoom isn't it? Thank you for the link, gonna get me one before my next slew of concerts!
  • The zoom is good, it's optical, which is apparently better than digital (?). It's really just a matter of getting lighting and setting figured out according to your surroundings (that's why some of my early pics are so blurry). I really wanted an SLR, but I thought that would be tough to tote around to both concerts and my son's school events. What made me decide to buy this one was reading all the customer reviews. One person said they were a professional photographer and for a quick "go to" camera, this one was the best they have found. You should check your local Target to see if they have any on clearance, that's how I got mine and I save a lot of money. I've also used this camera just to take pics of butterflies in my garden and the quality was incredible. I've also had trouble with getting good pictures without a flash out of my past digitals, this does a great job without the flash. Glad I could help, I love taking pictures at concerts when allowed, it's the best keepsake. One more thing about this camera, the video quality is by far the best I've seen on a digital camera. I'm trying to get my recording of Skin and Bones up, both the picture and sound is amazing.
    fade away...

The zoom is good, it's optical, which is apparently better than digital (?). It's really just a matter of getting lighting and setting figured out according to your surroundings (that's why some of my early pics are so blurry). I really wanted an SLR, but I thought that would be tough to tote around to both concerts and my son's school events. What made me decide to buy this one was reading all the customer reviews. One person said they were a professional photographer and for a quick "go to" camera, this one was the best they have found. You should check your local Target to see if they have any on clearance, that's how I got mine and I save a lot of money. I've also used this camera just to take pics of butterflies in my garden and the quality was incredible. I've also had trouble with getting good pictures without a flash out of my past digitals, this does a great job without the flash. Glad I could help, I love taking pictures at concerts when allowed, it's the best keepsake. One more thing about this camera, the video quality is by far the best I've seen on a digital camera. I'm trying to get my recording of Skin and Bones up, both the picture and sound is amazing.

Thanks so much for the details! I too was considering an SLR, and then started considering a micro four thirds camera which is much smaller but still not as small as a point and shoot. I think I'll be putting that plan on the backburner and getting this. I love taking pictures at concerts too.
    I forgot they were playing Sasquatch tonight. You can listen live on the Sasquatch home page.
    Of course I turn it on and it's the last song of the show, Best of You. :(
  • Newch91 wrote:

Are you sure that was the last song? They have been closing this tour with Everlong.
    fade away...

Newch91 wrote:

Are you sure that was the last song? They have been closing this tour with Everlong.
    I heard him say "Good night", heard fireworks, and then they went to Death Cab With Cute.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I heard him say "Good night", heard fireworks, and then they went to Death Cab With Cute.

That would probably be it than,lol. I just didn't want you to accidentally turn it off too soon. ;)
    fade away...

Newch91 wrote:

That would probably be it than,lol. I just didn't want you to accidentally turn it off too soon. ;)
    Thanks for looking out for me. I was bummed it was the last song.

Have they played Dear Rosemary on the tour yet?
    Has anyone seen the pictures Dave has been posting? Looks to be another funny video from them. I think it's Walk, but I could be wrong.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,751
    Newch91 wrote:
    Has anyone seen the pictures Dave has been posting? Looks to be another funny video from them. I think it's Walk, but I could be wrong.
    http://grungereport.net/?p=4992
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Simply awesome!!!! :lol:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    norm wrote:
    that's a take off on the movie Falling Down
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    norm wrote:
    :lol:

I love when he beats up Pat with a Slim Jim.