PACKERS vs. BEARS...NFC CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Comments

• "Mistake by the Lake"??? I believe that name is reserved for Cleveland. Chicago is 20 times better than GB or Milwaukee or any other shit town in Wisconsin...I think we can all agree on that.

Oh really? I guess I wouldn't have known judging by all the FIB license plates parked in front of the T-shirt and moccasin shops in the Wisconsin Dells, Door County, Hayward, Minoqua, and Eagle River every weekend.

But I digress, I only WISH I could spend 8 hours a day in traffic jams, paying tolls to drive on shit roads, breathe in smog on a daily basis, and pay 8 bucks for a Jack 'n Coke. Doesn't surprise me that Ed got the fuck out the first chance he got.
    Actually you guys in Wisconsin should come down and visit Chicago more often.....
    Maybe introduce yourself to some of our beautiful single ladies.....

Then maybe the rest of us wouldnt have to read stories like this.....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/22 ... convicted/

Hey guys....
    my dad/cousin/husband's been doing much better these days. Thanks for asking! :D
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/02/most-miserable-city-chicagos-third.html

Congrats guys!

But don't fret, you're still #1 in my book!

What ever Deer fuckers. That was way back in 2009. We have dropped to #7 now. ;)
  • shadowcast wrote:
    http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/02/most-miserable-city-chicagos-third.html

Congrats guys!

But don't fret, you're still #1 in my book!

What ever Deer fuckers. That was way back in 2009. We have dropped to #7 now. ;)
    Deer fuckers....

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheehhe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    The Jets/Steelers thread is very how do I say it........weak compared to BEARS/Pack thread.
    The great thing about having an animal being your mascot is that we can do this and it's funny as shit.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff54 ... olated.jpg

Could you imagine a piece of string cheese doing this?
    Pretty good article by Richard Roeper on the Bear vs. Packers game.

http://blog.richardroeper.com/?p=1912
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    A few hints that you may be a Packer fan..

· The Halloween pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than your wife

· You go to your family reunion looking for a date.

· Your wife has a beer gut, and you think it's attractive.

· Anyone in your family died right after saying "Hey, Y'all watch this!"

· Your idea of high-quality entertainment is a six-pack and a bug-zapper.

GO BEARS!
  • A few hints that you may be a Packer fan..

· The Halloween pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than your wife

· You go to your family reunion looking for a date.

· Your wife has a beer gut, and you think it's attractive.

· Anyone in your family died right after saying "Hey, Y'all watch this!"

· Your idea of high-quality entertainment is a six-pack and a bug-zapper.

GO BEARS!

Only partially true. I've never had a family member die after saying "Hey, Y'all watch this!"...he just shattered his pelvis.

And...

You can make fun of my wife....BUT LEAVE THE PACKERS OUT OF IT!!!!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Go Packers.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;
    Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.
    We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.
    Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.
    You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

Thought it needed to be said.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    God, I can't wait for these Packer fans to go away...
    Sadly, once the Bears win, they'll all certainly have some sort of bullshit excuse why they lost.

"They should have called that pass interference!"
    "Throw the flag, you can't touch Rodgers!" (Sadly that is pretty accurate.)
    "Derrrrr!"

:lol:
  • mca47 wrote:
    God, I can't wait for these Bear fans to go away...
    Sadly, once the Packers win, they'll all certainly have some sort of bullshit excuse why they lost.

"They should have called that pass interference!"
    "Throw the flag, you can't touch Cutler!" (Sadly that is pretty accurate.)
    "Derrrrr!"

:lol:

I can't wait either buddy. :D
  • AHHHHHHHHHH. IS IT SUNDAY YET?!?!?!????
  • If duh Bears can't make the Super Bowl after having the easiest schedule in the league, getting a team with a losing record in the divisional playoff, and the sixth seeded team that has 15 players on IR at Soldier Field in the conference championship...they should be embarrassed. Get ready for another EPIC FAIL Chicago!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
    If duh Bears can't make the Super Bowl after having the easiest schedule in the league, getting a team with a losing record in the divisional playoff, and the sixth seeded team that has 15 players on IR at Soldier Field in the conference championship...they should be embarrassed. Get ready for another EPIC FAIL Chicago!

Easiest schedule??? What are you blind? Pats, Jets, you guys (twice), Eagles, Giants & you could even put Detroit in there as they played everyone tough this year (we basically had the same schedule as you). Unless if you’re a Cub (which I'm not go sox) I don't know what epic fails your talking about? 2005 Sox, 85 BEARS, 6 bulls rings & the Blackhawk’s last year. So in my lifetime I've seen a World Series winner, Super Bowl winner, Basketball winner and Hockey winner. What do you have in your lifetime 1 super bowl winner? Maybe you guys lead the country in Deer Fucking. You got to have goals.
  • If duh Bears can't make the Super Bowl after having the easiest schedule in the league, getting a team with a losing record in the divisional playoff, and the sixth seeded team that has 15 players on IR at Soldier Field in the conference championship...they should be embarrassed. Get ready for another EPIC FAIL Chicago!

I dunno if I would call it an epic failure. According to all the experts, GB should win this game easily.

And by the way, another epic failure for Chicago??? Chicago has won 9 total championships in the 4 major sports in the past 25 years. More than you can say for the "great" state of Wisconsin. :lol::lol:
  • shadowcast wrote:
    If duh Bears can't make the Super Bowl after having the easiest schedule in the league, getting a team with a losing record in the divisional playoff, and the sixth seeded team that has 15 players on IR at Soldier Field in the conference championship...they should be embarrassed. Get ready for another EPIC FAIL Chicago!

Easiest schedule??? What are you blind? Pats, Jets, you guys (twice), Eagles, Giants & you could even put Detroit in there as they played everyone tough this year (we basically had the same schedule as you). Unless if you’re a Cub (which I'm not go sox) I don't know what epic fails your talking about? 2005 Sox, 85 BEARS, 6 bulls rings & the Blackhawk’s last year. So in my lifetime I've seen a World Series winner, Super Bowl winner, Basketball winner and Hockey winner. What do you have in your lifetime 1 super bowl winner? Maybe you guys lead the country in Deer Fucking. You got to have goals.

You beat me to it! Although I'm too young to remember the 85 Bears, once I see the Bears win the Super Bowl in 3 weeks, my experience as a Chicago sports fan will be complete!
  • AHHHHHHHHHH. IS IT SUNDAY YET?!?!?!????

It's been a long week.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    uhg.

this thread makes me want to stop watching football
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    uhg.

this thread makes me want to stop watching football

HA. It has gotten a little outo f hand, hasn't it?
  • And I thought it was a "one time" incident at the Eddie solo show in Milwaukee for Wisconsin folk. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Today and 2morrow I'm not watching, listening or reading anymore about the game. I'm gonna unplug until Sunday and then enjoy the game. Somebody is gonna win and somebody is gonna loose. Good luck and see you after it's over.

Go Packers!!!!
    And by the way, another epic failure for Chicago??? Chicago has won 9 total championships in the 4 major sports in the past 25 years. More than you can say for the "great" state of Wisconsin. :lol::lol:[/quote]

No other city has had 4 major championships in a 25 year span.I really don't think this thread has gotten that bad. It's all in good fun.

Woah, doggie! That woke you guys up! Just making sure you're still awake, that's all. :D

I was speaking specifically about duh Bears. They played five teams this year with winning records, and lost to three of them. These guys are "paper champions" who got a softball in the Divisional round. The Packers are "battle tested" and playing their best football of the year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying duh Bears don't have a chance and I'm expecting a very close game, but the better team and better coach will prevail...mine and your Green Bay Packers!

Off to the woods to wrangle up a date for the weekend! Peace!

Woah, doggie! That woke you guys up! Just making sure you're still awake, that's all. :D

I was speaking specifically about duh Bears. They played five teams this year with winning records, and lost to three of them. These guys are "paper champions" who got a softball in the Divisional round. The Packers are "battle tested" and playing their best football of the year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying duh Bears don't have a chance and I'm expecting a very close game, but the better team and better coach will prevail...mine and your Green Bay Packers!

LOL!!!! Do you do it Deer style?
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909

Don't forget before they beat Dallas at the beginning of the year, everyone was talking about the Cowboys going to the SuperBowl. Schedule was not as easy as you may imagine it to have been, besides playing the Packers twice. In reality though, the Bears won every divisional game except the last one against your Packers. The Packers can't say that. Lost to Detroit and the Bears.

Good Luck in the woods this weekend. Probably find something better looking there than in the bars in Wisconsin.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley