**OFFICIAL** 2011 IIHF WORLD JR. HOCKEY THREAD

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Alright, Game day is here. Already have the beer in the fridge, count down is on...7 hours to go till puck drop.

I hope Visentin gets the start. Oliver Roy definately didn't do it fro me to earn another start.

GO CANADA GO :thumbup: :clap:

Agree Visentin should get the start, this should amount to nothing more than an exhibition game, will be a big boost have Kassien back, how they suspended him for 2 games is beyond me. We're letting the Europeans and Americans turn hockey into a wuss sport. If they Europeans don't like the rough stuff watch soccer, and the Americans can watch baseball.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,692
    Agree Visentin should get the start, this should amount to nothing more than an exhibition game, will be a big boost have Kassien back, how they suspended him for 2 games is beyond me. We're letting the Europeans and Americans turn hockey into a wuss sport. If they Europeans don't like the rough stuff watch soccer, and the Americans can watch baseball.[/quote]

+1, that hit was totally clean IMO.
    HUGE..HUGE gaame tonight. rather it have been for the Gold, but I'll take the americans anytime. Besides the weak goal Visetine gave up early, I would give him the start again

GO CANADA GO
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Congrats canada

Fucking bury the russians

Bronze will still be nice but back to back gold woulda been really sweet. Usa hockey has grown a lot in recent years and as a american I can take pride in that,
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Go Canada Go...10 th straigt time in finals. Tonight complete domination.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Wow did the Canadians dominate tonight. Awesome game to watch, very good game right to the end. Bring on the russians. Wouldn't have minded the Swedes again, but I was so pissed at them, I was cheering for the russians. Still will be a classic final.

Will give props to Campbell, he played very good and if it wasn't for him, the score could have been 7-1

GO CANADA GO
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Considering that the arena is 80% Canadian can you really say that they are not playing on home ice. kindof sad that more Americans don't even attend the games. anyway, GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Embarrassing that your at home and 80 % of the crowd is Canadian. That was one of the most dominate performance's I've ever seen from our national junior team against such a quality opponent.

If we come out with that same effort tomorrow we should win GOLD!!!!!

GO CANADA GO!!!!!

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Big game tonight. both teams are playing well but if the Canadians play the way they played against the USA then i think we win the game. I think the 1st 5 minutes are important. If Canada gets a early goal then we win.
    fife wrote:
    Big game tonight. both teams are playing well but if the Canadians play the way they played against the USA then i think we win the game. I think the 1st 5 minutes are important. If Canada gets a early goal then we win.

100% AGREE

GO CANADA GO :thumbup:

Still torn as to who I would like to win the bronze. Both teams so highly thought of to bring home a gold and now 1 of them will go home with nothing :lol::lol::lol: I'm thinking I want the Swedes to lose because they seem to be whining a whole lot, just suck it up you bunch of pansies, what a bunch of meatballs :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    this would be a poorly attended event if it wasn't so close to canada ... pretty sad really ...

go canada go!
    I'll pull for the Americans in the bronze medal game. If we come out hitting the way we did against the Americans we should win.
    GO CANADA GO

congrats to our boys on winning bronze

very good showing again in the tourney

that's all i ever ask for as a american hockey fan

USA
    USA
    USA

hey canada, fucking bury those russians tonight. i hope de haan and cizikas play awesome tonight.

What can be said. Absolutely stunning collapse!!! I wish I knew what was said between the second and third because that was not the same team that played the first 2 periods. Congrats on the silver medal.

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Wow... That was really sad and tough to watch. They just fell apart.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    i fucking hate russia. just they way they were celebrating made me wanna vomit.

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Wow...biggest collapse in a Junior Hockey Championship
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153

Must have been the bad mojo from all those fuckin Leaf fans comming down to watch! :evil:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:

Must have been the bad mojo from all those fuckin Leaf fans comming down to watch! :evil:

Most definitely

I will give the Canadian Fans props though...wearing the Canadian Jersey's and waving the American Flags when the USA Team was playing in the Bronze Medal game

:thumbup:

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    metsfan wrote:

Watch it. In Russia car drives you.
    metsfan wrote:

"I must break you"

Hawkshore wrote:

Most definitely

I will give the Canadian Fans props though...wearing the Canadian Jersey's and waving the American Flags when the USA Team was playing in the Bronze Medal game

:thumbup:

The only time I root for the USA to lose is when there playing other than that I'm glad they beat Sweden.

lukin2006 wrote:

The only time I root for the USA to lose is when there playing other than that I'm glad they beat Sweden.
    and vice versa

in a perfect world i wish it was usa vs canada every tourney for gold :lol::lol:

metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

and vice versa

in a perfect world i wish it was usa vs canada every tourney for gold :lol::lol:

If only it was a perfect world. You can win with class...Russia and Sweden don't win with class.

lukin2006 wrote:

If only it was a perfect world. You can win with class...Russia and Sweden don't win with class.
    agreed

when the russians skated by the canadians with the trophy i loved what pierre mcguire said. i think it was something like the canadians won't ever forget that.

metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

agreed

when the russians skated by the canadians with the trophy i loved what pierre mcguire said. i think it was something like the canadians won't ever forget that.

I am sure that will be shown to future world junior teams and they will take it to heart. I still take comfort in knowing that we denied Ovechkin a shot at olympic gold and a Canadian team ousted them from the playoffs last year.

lukin2006 wrote:

I am sure that will be shown to future world junior teams and they will take it to heart. I still take comfort in knowing that we denied Ovechkin a shot at olympic gold and a Canadian team ousted them from the playoffs last year.
    i hope it is cause it was a disgrace what russia did

• MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    My wife (who rarely watches hockey) made me laugh when I was pretty pissed off last night.

She got up from the couch, brought me a beer and said "those Russians have been beaten a few times by the ugly stick"
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    :lol::lol:

that was great
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    canadians stopped playing about 2 mins after they scored their 3rd goal ... no forecheck ... guys looking for personal glory ... the team that wins by mucking stopped mucking ... and visetin just isn't good enough to offset a team not working ... it was really painful to watch them abandom their game plan ...

i'm not sure what people are referring to about the russian celebration ... you're talking about 18 and 19 year olds winning the biggest game of their life up until this point ... they beat Canada essentially on home soil ... they should be friggin' ectastic ...
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Must have been the bad mojo from all those fuckin Leaf fans comming down to watch! :evil:[/quote]

Everything is the Leafs fault lol, really it was the panic that set in after the 2nd goal went in imo, but beleaf what you will Hawkshore.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013