**OFFICIAL** 2011 IIHF WORLD JR. HOCKEY THREAD

BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,692
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Just gotta say this is one of my most favorite sporting events that I look forward to every year. We are almost underway, just over a week away before the festivities kick off.
The Canadian boys will looking to redeem themselves after last years devasting loss in OT to the USA.
Don't think this squad is talented as some in the past, but you can never doubt the Canadian kids. They have a big team this yr, they are pretty fast, so hopefully we will be fast on the puck with alot of body contact.
Can't wait for Boxing Day when we Canadians kick start the tourney against the Russians.

GO CANADA GO :D
2005 - London
2009 - Toronto
2010 - Buffalo
2011 - Toronto 1&2
2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
2018 - Fenway 1&2
2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
2023 - Chicago 1&2
2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    USA back to back jack
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LOVE the Jr. Tourney!!! I am calling a Canada vs US final and the favorites this year have to be the
    Am-ur-icans.

GO CANADA GO
  • is this in Buffalo this year

where can i find the rosters?
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • m0jorisen wrote:
    is this in Buffalo this year

where can i find the rosters?
    It is in Buffalo this year. I may take a drive down there and try my luck.

Here is all the info you will need, including Rosters and Schedule

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    We get it next year - can't wait....
    The Americans are only favs cause all the best junior-eligible Canucks are playing in the NHL already ;)
  • I wish this event got the attention in the US that it should...

I'm mad, the US team is scrimmaging RPI like 15 minutes from my house on Sunday, but I have to work so I can't go.

I'm guessing that the NHL Network will be showing these games in the US again?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,692
    The Americans are only favs cause all the best junior-eligible Canucks are playing in the NHL already ;)

I know, just think if we had those 7 players at our expense. The Americans wouldn't be the favs.
    I'm hoping for a rematch of the finals from last year, take the GOLD back from them on their soil, just so they know how it feels :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • BLACK35 wrote:

I know, just think if we had those 7 players at our expense. The Americans wouldn't be the favs.
    I'm hoping for a rematch of the finals from last year, take the GOLD back from them on their soil, just so they know how it feels :D

yeah yeah and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle
    m0jorisen wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

yeah yeah and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle[/quote

Just saying, since our hockey players are more superior, they end up playing in the NHL before they are even 20. I know there is always, what ifs, & could have been, but our Canadian players do tend to play in the NHL before they are even 20 than any other country out there. Just shows how dominant we are.

GO CANADA GO
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Just saying, since our hockey players are more superior, they end up playing in the NHL before they are even 20. I know there is always, what ifs, & could have been, but our Canadian players do tend to play in the NHL before they are even 20 than any other country out there. Just shows how dominant we are.

GO CANADA GO

no aruement from me on who has the more superior player but USA hockey has come a long way and is closing the gap
    Just got an early Xmas present yesterday. We had a family over and my brother says do you want to goto the Canada/Russia game on boxing day. Well of course I do. His buddy had a friend at work that had 4 tickets, 19 rows up and he can't go. I only bought 2, set me back $300 plus hotel, didn't really need to spend that, but I have never been to a WJH game and have been itching to get to one for a couple of yrs now. Bonus that it is Russia also.
    So this is gonna be awesome boxing day, can't wait.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • m0jorisen wrote:
    no aruement from me on who has the more superior player but USA hockey has come a long way and is closing the gap
    Agreed, going to be a hell of a tournament. A strong USA team is good for hockey. One team winning 5 years in a row is no fun, but now that they have competition two years in a row, it makes everybody better.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    Just got an early Xmas present yesterday. We had a family over and my brother says do you want to goto the Canada/Russia game on boxing day. Well of course I do. His buddy had a friend at work that had 4 tickets, 19 rows up and he can't go. I only bought 2, set me back $300 plus hotel, didn't really need to spend that, but I have never been to a WJH game and have been itching to get to one for a couple of yrs now. Bonus that it is Russia also.
    So this is gonna be awesome boxing day, can't wait.
    Very cool.

I just bought myself a new TV for Christmas. I get it tomorrow and we have a lot of family over on boxing day. New LED TV will be rocking the Junior tourney (and the NFL)
  • I'm going to the Canada vs Czech game with my boys. These games are the best hockey of the year. For such young kids playing such high pressure games they sure play like their vetern NHL guys. Oh and GO CANADA
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Cant wait. I am going to about 10-12 games next week. Bought the package for all the games in HSBC Arena (what a steal!)

I like Canada's team better (two Sabres prospects) and the atmosphere should be way better for those games. Im going to have a hard time not rooting for Canada.

Looking forward to Germany vs. Switzerland, Game 1 on the 26th to kick it off...... then they clear the arena, have beer and refreshment tents outside, then we go back in for Canada vs. Russia!
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Cant wait. I am going to about 10-12 games next week. Bought the package for all the games in HSBC Arena (what a steal!)

I like Canada's team better (two Sabres prospects) and the atmosphere should be way better for those games. Im going to have a hard time not rooting for Canada.

Looking forward to Germany vs. Switzerland, Game 1 on the 26th to kick it off...... then they clear the arena, have beer and refreshment tents outside, then we go back in for Canada vs. Russia!

Thats awesome, I should try and find you, going to the Canada game. I'll be the one wearing my Canada jersey :o
    Did it set you back a small fortune?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    No, not at all.

I got front row seats on an aisle in the 300 level (beer and Men's room directly behind our section) for 21 games in HSBC Arena for $400-ish per seat.

IMO its an absolute steal.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    No, not at all.

I got front row seats on an aisle in the 300 level (beer and Men's room directly behind our section) for 21 games in HSBC Arena for $400-ish per seat.

IMO its an absolute steal.
    That's a great deal.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    that's an amazing deal you got mayday10

U SA
    U SA
    U SA

I'm excited to see some of the islanders prospects and of course team usa
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

I just looked and they were $493 each. http://www.buffaloworldjuniors.com/adhoc.asp?pID=50

still a good deal. I ordered them immediately like 2 years ago because I didnt want to get closed out. Little did I know that tix would still be available a week before the tournament.

Its going to be some great times going with my dad.
    Well the Canadian boys ended up 3-0 in the exhibition stage, good start. But after watching the games, I think we will have our work cut out for us this yr. It won't be a cake walk to the gold medal. But its the kind of tourney I love to cheer for, little bit of an underdog. Can't wait till boxing day
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Great start by Canada, always nice to beat Russia. I like the fact we have good size on this team.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    WOW, What a game, everything I expected out of a game. Just glad to be part of it. Anyways, the boys kick that Russian ass, good start.

Didn't see the USA game, but damm the Fins almost pulled one out :evil:

Bring on the Checks :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Another good good victory, however, injuries are becoming a factor. That call on Kassien was pure BULLSHIT. Someone tell the checks to keep your head up. Of course Bob who never shuts up McKenzie from TSN is siding with call, not surprised there.

GO CANADA GO
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

kassian didn't even hit the players head. it was all chest and shoulder. the whiplash caused him to be woozy.

U SA
    U SA
    U SA

lukin2006 wrote:
    Another good good victory, however, injuries are becoming a factor. That call on Kassien was pure BULLSHIT. Someone tell the checks to keep your head up. Of course Bob who never shuts up McKenzie from TSN is siding with call, not surprised there.

GO CANADA GO

Yeah, saw that this morning on TSN, Bob is such a meat head. Atleast turtleman Muguire saying its a clean it. I agree, keep your head up and you won't get rocked like that.

Now we have the poor Norwegians today. Hope Schenn can have another 5 point game :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

GO CANADA GO

Yeah, saw that this morning on TSN, Bob is such a meat head. Atleast turtleman Muguire saying its a clean it. I agree, keep your head up and you won't get rocked like that.

Now we have the poor Norwegians today. Hope Schenn can have another 5 point game :D

At least it's only the Norwegians, I hope they don't play anyone slightly injured, rest them and get them healthy. I hope Kassien only gets the 1 game and no further discipline, but this is the IIHF and they prefer we play it more like soccer and no rough stuff. I see Canada US finals.

Today is the day we Canadians make some swedish meatballs :lol: Hope the boys pull this one out and finish the round robin PERFECT :shock:

Tough loss this morning for the Canadian team at the Spengler Cup.
    Who knew that Alexi Yashin is still playing hockey :o
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Who knew that Alexi Yashin is still playing hockey :o
    and still getting paid by charles wang no less
    :roll: :roll:

Alright, Game day is here. Already have the beer in the fridge, count down is on...7 hours to go till puck drop.

I hope Visentin gets the start. Oliver Roy definately didn't do it fro me to earn another start.

GO CANADA GO :thumbup: :clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2