AWKWARD WORK SITUATION..

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
sorry in advance for being long winded here.

i feel like larry david...

at my job (in mortgage sales) each loan agent has a back up buddy who watches over your pipeline when you take time off. this is primarily in place because the sales managers do absolutely nothing. keep in mind that, with how busy we are, it's almost impossible to keep up with your own pipeline and generate new business let alone having to deal with issues on someone else's loans at the same time.

so when we switched teams recently i ended up getting stuck with a dude who is in the national guard and goes on active duty for 3 weeks at a time about every 5 months. i did not know this at the time. just my luck. you miss a few days and you're scrambling in this industry. most people don't miss more than a few days to a week. but he's a good dude. real nice guy. i'm just not tight with him. don't know him that well. you know certain people who you just don't mesh with well for whatever reason? this is the situation here. (basically he doesn't know a lot about sports so we have nothing to talk about :lol::lol: )

after the first time he went away, he came back and was so grateful that i helped him with his loans. in all honesty, i did not do much. so busy with my own stuff. i'd get emails forwarded to me. voice mails forwarded to me. my manager asking me to call this guy or this lady for him. i get to it....but i am clearly in no hurry due to my work coming first (if the jeagler don't close loans, the jeagler don't get paid). but i eventually get to them. anyway, this dude said he was so happy that he was going to take me out to dinner or something. i'm like-- "no man. you do not have to do that (in my head i'm thinking of how awkward that dinner would be). trust me. don't worry about it. just take care of my shit when i'm gone and we're cool."

sooo he recently came back from his second stint with the national guard. this time, while he was gone, i was actually feeling guilty that i was doing the bare minimum on his files. again--i was super busy with my own shit. handling all his stuff right away would surely take away from my own business. so i would ignore the emails and voice mails for a bit, eventually getting to them later in the week or something. he ends up having a pretty good month anyway..........................well he comes back and gives me a f#cking $250 gift certificate to any one of stephen starr's restaurants. $250. these are some pretty awesome restaurants. expensive restaurants. but come on man....$250?? for what? ignoring your loan issues and procrastinating on them until the last possible moment??! i tried my best to refuse. we had like a 5 minute conversation with me trying as best i could to turn this down, but i couldn't...so i'm sitting at my desk feeling guilty as hell. i see him a little bit later and tell him i don't feel comfortable taking this and the only way i would is if i returned the favor if he watches over my files when i'm away for christmas/honeymoon coming up......

.and there it is. i don't know why i offered that but i did. i'm an idiot. this $250 gift quickly turned into a $250 expense for me in the near future. so now i'm out $250 bucks and i'm forced into having an awkward conversation with him every time i go to the printer (he sits right next to it) because i always feel like he's waiting for me to tell him about my glorious dinner that he paid for.

so that's it. that's my awkward work situation. for the record, i've made reservations at butcher and singer (one of the starr restaurants i have not been to yet) and am really looking forward to it :mrgreen:
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• And that's why the mortgage industry collapsed folks :lol: :geek:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    And that's why the mortgage industry collapsed folks :lol: :geek:

hmnnnn :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    And that's why the mortgage industry collapsed folks :lol: :geek:

hey it was a great year...up until a few weeks ago :x :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    does he get charged vacation days for this?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • And that's why the mortgage industry collapsed folks :lol: :geek:

hey it was a great year...up until a few weeks ago :x :mrgreen:
    Damn Greeks :P :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif

hmmm. i don't know.
    www.myspace.com
  • does he get charged vacation days for this?

hmmm. i don't know.

Probably not

We have guys in the military where I work and theyre not charged
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

hmmm. i don't know.

i should hope so..that would really blow...its 3 extra weeks u have to cover

hmmm. i don't know.

we're straight commission anyway though
    www.myspace.com

hmmm. i don't know.

we're straight commission anyway though

ya gotta point :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    this sounds like a seinfeld episode...the jeagler is now the costanza
    norm wrote:

anyway i can renege on my offer? or am i out $250 bucks norm?
    www.myspace.com
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    norm wrote:
    :lol::lol:

I don't know why the Jeagler doesn't just tell him you went and had a great meal at where ever, then give him his own card back as repayment. That way no one gets hurt and no one is out another ridiculous $250 for nothing.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    aNiMaL wrote:
    norm wrote:

I don't know why the Jeagler doesn't just tell him you went and had a great meal at where ever, then give him his own card back as repayment. That way no one gets hurt and no one is out another ridiculous $250 for nothing.

......you regifter...
  • The only 2 solutions here seem to be:

1. The Cosanza (née Jeagler) never takes another day off work
    Or
    B. This guy get called off to Afghanistan :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    The Jeagles enjoying his meal

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQINzSvnxWvE5_iIMXMC6HO_Gu68Mkw0LdUgnK8cTijYAnodLINvw
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    take him to the dinner
    "we are in this together"
    You trying to get out of Mendy's?

just gonna have soup!!!
  • You trying to get out of Mendy's?

just gonna have soup!!!
    No soup for you.

soupnazi.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif

just gonna have soup!!!
    No soup for you.

soupnazi.jpg

medium turkey chili.... :lol:
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I think if you just bring him back a BIG SALAD when you go out to eat, all will be well, and you will feel better! Just make sure YOU hand it to him so there is no confusion! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Jeagler, look it....

it's Christmas time, whether you did a good job watching over his stuff while he was on active duty or not matters not. He wanted to give you a gift of appreciation. Should something have gone wrong he can or could have easily said "Jeagler screwed this up it all happened when I was away..." I am sure if he couldn't afford he woulddn't have offed it as a gift. Honestly..all you had to say is

"WOW man really? Thanks so much, are you sure??" He would have said "Yeah Jeagler its my pleasure, thanks again" Thats it, plain and simple.

People these days just need to learn to say thank you and be done with it.

but if the spending the other 250 for when you get back is REALLY bugging you...Do what aNiMaL said...Don't use it and just give it back to him when you get back...
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • The only 2 solutions here seem to be:

1. The Cosanza (née Jeagler) never takes another day off work
    Or
    B. This guy get called off to Afghanistan :shock:

:shock: WOW...NICE!! :shock:

lol :)
  • Get_Right wrote:
    take him to the dinner

EXCELLENT IDEA....You never know you may not have a lot in common buy your wives could.

just gonna have soup!!!

That counts as a dinner!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    this sounds like a seinfeld episode...the jeagler is now the Jerry

fixed

this guy is banya.

come on jerry, soup is not a meal.

a soup and a sandwich is meal. this completes the deal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you mortgage people are ballers, giving each other $250 gifts. i don't even spend that on my gf for christmas/birthday/valentines/anniversey combined. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    take him to the dinner

EXCELLENT IDEA....You never know you may not have a lot in common buy your wives could.

Know what's more excruciating than going to a dinner with a person you have nothing in common with? Going to a dinner with someone you have absolutely nothing in common with and now you're screwed even worse if the women get along. No way out at that point. Pure. Hell. Jeags, and no offense to the person giving this advice, but this absolutely not good advice.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    norm wrote:

......you regifter...

....whatley! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com