No Christmas Bonus

13»

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Hahahaha!! Yeah they do seem to be a little strange hey?? I used to get really down because these people would come in with their sick animals and they had little money so they were just refused. I won't even mention what they would do sometimes with stressed animals, makes me sick to think of it.
    At the end of the day, there is just no need to be so bloody nasty is there?
    4and20 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    I recently left a vet job because the people were so friggin nasty, not so much to me but to my friend who I still keep in touch with. It was a rotten, anxious place to work and I hated it. The bosses used to have parties outside of work and they would invite EVERYONE except my friend and it was so awful because I didn't know whether to hurt her feelings and tell her or to keep it to myself. Now my only boss is my baby girl, hehehe :lol: I think if you do it for one, you do it for all. They should have given you your bonus, that's crappy. :thumbdown:

my last place was a vet job....and it was rotten too....I thought animal lovers were supposed to be nice..... :cry:
    :shock: animal lovers are a very odd breed of people... I bet you had to deal with people like my least person in the office... she even ACTS like a dog!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    What is this,... Chrismas Bonus thing you all speak of?

haven't had one in almost,...... 7 years :roll:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Christmastime should be a time of loving and giving. Light hearts and kind words.
    Money is irrelevant, it is feelings that matter, the bonding of the season.
    I'm sorry you were made to feel like an outcast, I wonder if they know and care. I wonder if they know and don't care, I wonder if they are clueless.
    All you can do is let it go and enjoy the holiday with those you love.
    Next year you will have your bonus and if a new team member comes on after January,
    you'll give them a thoughtful heads up cause thats the kind of gal you are :D you are heads above the rest!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    1) They should have told the policy upon hire
    2) They still should have given you a token bonus (gift certificate) with a nice note

Sorry you feel bad. Be happy you have a job.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Get_Right wrote:
    1) They should have told the policy upon hire
    2) They still should have given you a token bonus (gift certificate) with a nice note

Sorry you feel bad. Be happy you have a job.
    Ditto.
    Every employer lacks excellent communication, but be thankful you're at least getting a paycheck. And besides, money does not equal happiness. I'm unemployed and quite happy to be alive this Christmas.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2011
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Well I wasn't expecting one anyway cos our company's shit and the economy's fucked BUT opened my pay slip and joked about the bonus (having not got one) and everyone elses eyes lit up and were like 'oh yeh' and it slowly dawned on me that I was the ONLY one of my team to not get one :shock: . Turns out they sent a memo in January last year that anyone employed after that time would not get a christmas bonus. Thing is, obviously anyone employed after that time DIDN'T GET THE FUCKING MEMO! :roll:

I emailed my boss who sits opposite me and she looked into it and came back and filled me in (in front of everyone) as to why I didn't get one. The others then chipped in about the memo. It was pretty humiliating. Seems there's at least one in nearly every team effected but it was pretty disgusting how it was handled. I was absolutely fuming! It's not left a great taste in my mouth at all :cry: . How is that supposed to build a team atmosphere? I'll be fucked if I'm going out for the team lunch (that we have to pay for) now! I'll gladly man the phones!

That is terrible, I think they could have given you something. Or your boss could have given you a gift card since the company excluded you and the others. You all should have gotten something. And paying for stuff!!!! whatever..I'm with you I would have skipped out also."
    Live Life love people, you never know what battle they may be facing..

Your worth has always been there...don't argue with those who see it.just accept you are valuable.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    pandora wrote:
    Christmastime should be a time of loving and giving. Light hearts and kind words.
    Money is irrelevant, it is feelings that matter, the bonding of the season.
    I'm sorry you were made to feel like an outcast, I wonder if they know and care. I wonder if they know and don't care, I wonder if they are clueless.
    All you can do is let it go and enjoy the holiday with those you love.
    Next year you will have your bonus and if a new team member comes on after January,
    you'll give them a thoughtful heads up cause thats the kind of gal you are :D you are heads above the rest!

I would like to publicly say that I love Pandora.

That is all.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Half Full wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i was asking if they gobble them up
    you know?
    craving schlongs and stuff... your bosses, do they eat penis?

I'm pretty sure you are referring instead to Christmas boners.
    true
    correct

sorry, i lost my head for a brief moment
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    4and20 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    I recently left a vet job because the people were so friggin nasty, not so much to me but to my friend who I still keep in touch with. It was a rotten, anxious place to work and I hated it. The bosses used to have parties outside of work and they would invite EVERYONE except my friend and it was so awful because I didn't know whether to hurt her feelings and tell her or to keep it to myself. Now my only boss is my baby girl, hehehe :lol: I think if you do it for one, you do it for all. They should have given you your bonus, that's crappy. :thumbdown:

my last place was a vet job....and it was rotten too....I thought animal lovers were supposed to be nice..... :cry:

Seems as if many people who undertake "noble" causes or beliefs feel justified in being cruel to others!
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I think, in my case, the people kind of become complacent and forget why they started working in that profession to begin with. I remember this one fella came in with a baby ostrich (sorry, not sure of the correct word for baby ostriches) and he had a bit of bark stuck in his little throat. Anyway, my boss told me he wouldn't do anything until the bloke went back home and got his wallet which he had forgotten. I remember feeling frantic and sorry for the poor bloke who's little mate ended up passing out on the counter. I told the vet that he lived on the esplanade for christ's sake (million dollar homes next to the beach) so he must be loaded and his baby is going to die! Finally, he managed to get the bark out and the little critter was okay but I had seen him hit cats and dogs before for stress biting and I just thought it was a sad and nasty place to work. It's just not the job for me, not there anyway. I'm sure they aren't all that bad though.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Seems as if many people who undertake "noble" causes or beliefs feel justified in being cruel to others!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • That sucks! My husband has a new job this year and I can't complain too much b/c his pay is better all year long. However, no bonus (they missed it by one point, everyone thinks they did it on purpose so they don't have to pay up), no company Christmas party, and no free ham or turkey. I mean come on....can they not give their employees a $15 turkey as a good jester of holiday cheer? I'm just in shock that they aren't doing anything. His last job did do a party and small gift for each employee, at least the thought was there.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Work for the NHS - my bonus this year is I get to keep my job past the end of March.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    We get profit share. Goes with salary and length of service. Haven't been here that long but it was welcome! We also get at least cost of living rise across the board - which is a lot more than most companies are offering in they way of pay increases at the moment!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Well I wasn't expecting one anyway cos our company's shit and the economy's fucked BUT opened my pay slip and joked about the bonus (having not got one) and everyone elses eyes lit up and were like 'oh yeh' and it slowly dawned on me that I was the ONLY one of my team to not get one :shock: . Turns out they sent a memo in January last year that anyone employed after that time would not get a christmas bonus. Thing is, obviously anyone employed after that time DIDN'T GET THE FUCKING MEMO! :roll:

I emailed my boss who sits opposite me and she looked into it and came back and filled me in (in front of everyone) as to why I didn't get one. The others then chipped in about the memo. It was pretty humiliating. Seems there's at least one in nearly every team effected but it was pretty disgusting how it was handled. I was absolutely fuming! It's not left a great taste in my mouth at all :cry: . How is that supposed to build a team atmosphere? I'll be fucked if I'm going out for the team lunch (that we have to pay for) now! I'll gladly man the phones!

it's not 'effected'... it's 'affected'... that's why i wouldnt have given you a bonus either!!!!!

this is actually a pretty fucking bad thing to do to their staff... it should be either everybody or nobody... not have a bloody cut off date ?!?!?! the only thing they are rewarding with that bonus is long term staff... in which case it should be called a 'long service bonus' and be given out on the anniversary of their start date.

to be honest i'd be checking this out with ACAS or someone... how can a company give out a christmas bonus to staff simply because of when they started? Clearly not fair.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    it's not 'effected'... it's 'affected'... that's why i wouldnt have given you a bonus either!!!!!

this is actually a pretty fucking bad thing to do to their staff... it should be either everybody or nobody... not have a bloody cut off date ?!?!?! the only thing they are rewarding with that bonus is long term staff... in which case it should be called a 'long service bonus' and be given out on the anniversary of their start date.

to be honest i'd be checking this out with ACAS or someone... how can a company give out a christmas bonus to staff simply because of when they started? Clearly not fair.
    I sent off a complaint to HR today and apparently management are looking into it at the mo also. I've spoken to others who are completely livid about the whole thing and I don't think it's gonna go away any time soon. It was a half weeks pay... coulda really done with that!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    not giving you a bonus is bad enough but not telling you you're not getting one is shitty
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Dear Helen,
    I hope that your HR people make sure this doesn't happen to someone going forward...
    Keep your positive spirit and take 5 minutes to list (mentally) the things in which you are most thankful. Having an attitude of gratitude in times like these will make you feel a lot better about not getting a Xmas bonus, I assure you.
    Personal opinion - use this experience as a lesson...a way you'd never treat your employees and also, this place definetely sounds like a stepping stone to a much better place for you in 2011, Helen.

Happy Holidays to you Helen - SMILE girl, and give thanks for what you do have - remember: Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Dear Helen,
    I hope that your HR people make sure this doesn't happen to someone going forward...
    Keep your positive spirit and take 5 minutes to list (mentally) the things in which you are most thankful. Having an attitude of gratitude in times like these will make you feel a lot better about not getting a Xmas bonus, I assure you.
    Personal opinion - use this experience as a lesson...a way you'd never treat your employees and also, this place definetely sounds like a stepping stone to a much better place for you in 2011, Helen.

Happy Holidays to you Helen - SMILE girl, and give thanks for what you do have - remember: Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t

This is a great post. :)
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    I work for the nhs - no bonus, no Christmas party/meal unless you pay for it yourself, no cost of living pay rises any more, when people couldn't make it into work during the last round of bad weather they had to take annual leave or make the time up (which was days for some people who live out in the sticks), threats of redundancy all over. Ah the joy of public sector working! :)

I hate the throw back line from all poor employers now of "at least you have a job". That doesn't give you an excuse to treat people like shit!! /end rant.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • strummers wrote:
    I work for the nhs - no bonus, no Christmas party/meal unless you pay for it yourself, no cost of living pay rises any more, when people couldn't make it into work during the last round of bad weather they had to take annual leave or make the time up (which was days for some people who live out in the sticks), threats of redundancy all over. Ah the joy of public sector working! :)

I hate the throw back line from all poor employers now of "at least you have a job". That doesn't give you an excuse to treat people like shit!! /end rant.
    Agreed... this always happens in a recession... any decency goes out the window. We too would have to take annual leave or make up the time if we can't get into work. Ah well, at least I got paid for my half day so that was a bonus of sorts :D

Don't worry everyone, I'm very appreciative for what I have... but still never enjoy being treated like shit :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you