No Christmas Bonus

Comments

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Let's be totally honest for one second... If anyone deserves a christmas bonus, it's me. :lol:
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    Not to highjack the thread, but I'm curious, if you do get a Xmas bonus, what would it be?

I got $120 cash this year, and that's pretty much the same every year.

Mine was $900 last year after taxes.

yet, all you get your gf is soaps and lotions. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Sorry to hear that Helen. If it makes you feel any better, I'm a poor graduate student right now, so I'm not getting a christmas bonus either.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 4and20 wrote:
    sorry to hear about your situation Helen! :o :shock: ...my last company was like that....they decided to build a new clinic and cancel the summer picnic one year. A bunch of us wanted to still get together and have lunch and chit-chat since we never get the chance to outside of work very often. I asked my manager if those employees that wanted to host a picnic, if we could pitch in, pay for the rental at the park (it was like $35), and host a potluck...all on our own free will. She freaked out and said 'NO!" and then said, 'anybody participating in any picnic/company get together will be fired!' ummm...ok, what a way to build team morale.... :?
    :shock: WOW! What the hell? All the guys in our office play football every few weeks. A few times I've sent an email to all the girls suggesting stuff to do and only two people bothered to reply! The rest of them will continue to complain about how there is no team building for the girls! :roll: I work in an office full of hypocrites!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Sorry to hear that Helen. If it makes you feel any better, I'm a poor graduate student right now, so I'm not getting a christmas bonus either.
    :) No it doesn't! I think everyone should get one!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    Not to highjack the thread, but I'm curious, if you do get a Xmas bonus, what would it be?

I don't get my bonus until March, or else shit would be totally different. Plus, most of that bonus will be going towards tuition. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:

It puts the lotion in the basket!

2.jpg

chadwick wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

how does someone get a $900.00 bonus?

By being as awesome as me?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    chadwick wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

how does someone get a $900.00 bonus?

There's only one way I can think of to get a $900 bonus. And it's not appropriate for this forum.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

It puts the lotion in the basket!

2.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

I offered tickets to see The Sex Zombies. She offered to leave and never come back.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I don't get my bonus until March, or else shit would be totally different. Plus, most of that bonus will be going towards tuition. :roll:
    nice christmas bonus coming your way in about 3 or 4 months
    christmas is 9 days away

i like late gifts
    i think your boss is drunk and cant read a fucking calendar
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

Unfortunately, it's not alcohol that makes them a bunch of asswipes. If it was, we might have something in common.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Two years without a raise OR a bonus...and to top it off, I do the payroll so I get so see everyone else get their raises and bonuses.... :evil: Its not that we're greedy..its just not fair. :(

Hey BooBoo...try 3 years without a raise....and we didn't get bonuses....in the 5 years I worked there we got 'holiday gifts'....crock pot, snuggie-like blanket, fondue pot, ceramic dishes,....and something else so cool I can't remember what it was..... :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    dcfaithful wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Unfortunately, it's not alcohol that makes them a bunch of asswipes. If it was, we might have something in common.
    ok
    so its not booze
    is it cocks?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    4and20 wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Two years without a raise OR a bonus...and to top it off, I do the payroll so I get so see everyone else get their raises and bonuses.... :evil: Its not that we're greedy..its just not fair. :(

Hey BooBoo...try 3 years without a raise....and we didn't get bonuses....in the 5 years I worked there we got 'holiday gifts'....crock pot, snuggie-like blanket, fondue pot, ceramic dishes,....and something else so cool I can't remember what it was..... :|

You should run a contest on the porch and give it away. 'Free shipping included for a snuggie type thing.' :lol:
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    chadwick wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

ok
    so its not booze
    is it cocks?

If you're asking if they're cocks, then yes. Corporate, fake cocks.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    loadedgun wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:

You should run a contest on the porch and give it away. 'Free shipping included for a snuggie type thing.' :lol:

and like put the tow truck iron-on in the corner and say 'it's a PJ snuggie-like' thingie? :lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    and like put the tow truck iron-on in the corner and say 'it's a PJ snuggie-like' thingie? :lol::lol::lol:

oh, i'd ebay that. it'd bring big bucks. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    um not quite
    i was asking if they gobble them up
    you know?
    craving schlongs and stuff... your bosses, do they eat penis?

anyone who gives out christmas bonuses in march must enjoy a hard one

this is just my opinion
    i could be wrong

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    81 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

oh, i'd ebay that. it'd bring big bucks. :lol:

If there are half eaten sandwiches on eBay...this isn't too far-fetched at all.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    chadwick wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    um not quite
    you know?

this is just my opinion
    i could be wrong

when i get a bonus, it typically gets paid in march after the audit is done. it's not uncommon, but it's not called a christmas bonus.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    um not quite
    you know?

this is just my opinion
    i could be wrong

A Christmas bonus in March has no influence on me thinking that they are definitely schlong lovers.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I recently left a vet job because the people were so friggin nasty, not so much to me but to my friend who I still keep in touch with. It was a rotten, anxious place to work and I hated it. The bosses used to have parties outside of work and they would invite EVERYONE except my friend and it was so awful because I didn't know whether to hurt her feelings and tell her or to keep it to myself. Now my only boss is my baby girl, hehehe :lol: I think if you do it for one, you do it for all. They should have given you your bonus, that's crappy. :thumbdown:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Loulou wrote:
    I recently left a vet job because the people were so friggin nasty, not so much to me but to my friend who I still keep in touch with. It was a rotten, anxious place to work and I hated it. The bosses used to have parties outside of work and they would invite EVERYONE except my friend and it was so awful because I didn't know whether to hurt her feelings and tell her or to keep it to myself. Now my only boss is my baby girl, hehehe :lol: I think if you do it for one, you do it for all. They should have given you your bonus, that's crappy. :thumbdown:

my last place was a vet job....and it was rotten too....I thought animal lovers were supposed to be nice..... :cry:

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:

Lol, I read that as 'crack pot'. What an odd gift :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Loulou wrote:
    Thanks :oops: Yep, there's a big clique at work too and they plan stuff amongst them. I could be in it but I don't like any of them either. None of my team like eachother... it's a very strange way to work. One of the girls prides herself on her brutal honesty... however another girl has smelly feet some days :oops: but, rather than telling her, she's taken to telling everyone else. They all comment on everything everyone does. It's all a bit incestual too! I can't stand the bitchy atmosphere... never had to work in one before! They all have eating disorders... even the guys! :shock: :roll:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, I read that as 'crack pot'. What an odd gift :mrgreen:

Odd? How do you make crack? On a cookie sheet?

• 4and20 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

my last place was a vet job....and it was rotten too....I thought animal lovers were supposed to be nice..... :cry:
    :shock: animal lovers are a very odd breed of people... I bet you had to deal with people like my least person in the office... she even ACTS like a dog!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    4and20 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

:shock: animal lovers are a very odd breed of people... I bet you had to deal with people like my least person in the office... she even ACTS like a dog!

probably! basically I just wanted to work to help the animals, and the other people there were...well...just there so they could tell people that they worked at a vet clinic :roll:

- Christopher McCandless