No Christmas Bonus

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Well I wasn't expecting one anyway cos our company's shit and the economy's fucked BUT opened my pay slip and joked about the bonus (having not got one) and everyone elses eyes lit up and were like 'oh yeh' and it slowly dawned on me that I was the ONLY one of my team to not get one :shock: . Turns out they sent a memo in January last year that anyone employed after that time would not get a christmas bonus. Thing is, obviously anyone employed after that time DIDN'T GET THE FUCKING MEMO! :roll:

I emailed my boss who sits opposite me and she looked into it and came back and filled me in (in front of everyone) as to why I didn't get one. The others then chipped in about the memo. It was pretty humiliating. Seems there's at least one in nearly every team effected but it was pretty disgusting how it was handled. I was absolutely fuming! It's not left a great taste in my mouth at all :cry: . How is that supposed to build a team atmosphere? I'll be fucked if I'm going out for the team lunch (that we have to pay for) now! I'll gladly man the phones!
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    that's pretty shitty.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    that's pretty shitty.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    81 wrote:
    Αυτός είναι αρκετά shitty

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Αυτός είναι αρκετά shitty

:P
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 81 wrote:
    that's pretty shitty.
    I went home sick! First time in over a year... I'd been feeling shite anyway but normally tough it out but I thought I have to make some kinda point over this! The guy who sits beside me had already skipped two shitty jobs that I ended up doing TODAY alone (which he does all the time) and even HE got a bonus even though he does about half the work of everyone else! What message does that send out? As long as you've been there more than two years, doesn't matter how shite you are!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Αυτός είναι αρκετά σκατένιο.

is that better?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Gotta love that corporate atmosphere and lack of courteous communication.

Oh, and we apprecaite you so much that we're going to ask you to pay for your lunch at our team lunch.

Sounds like my company.

Sorry to hear about this Helen, that's bushleague.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:
    that's pretty shitty.
    I went home sick! First time in over a year... I'd been feeling shite anyway but normally tough it out but I thought I have to make some kinda point over this! The guy who sits beside me had already skipped two shitty jobs that I ended up doing TODAY alone (which he does all the time) and even HE got a bonus even though he does about half the work of everyone else! What message does that send out? As long as you've been there more than two years, doesn't matter how shite you are!

yup....its sort of like that around here with some of the unions. hired before a certain date and you get a great pension, hired after, not so much.

but at least you know that going in.

but for a holiday bonus? i'm guessing there aren't a ton of newbies. if the company can afford it for most, a few more won't break them. or make the other's a little smaller so that everyone get some.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithful wrote:

Oh, and we apprecaite you so much that we're going to ask you to pay for your lunch at our team lunch.

Sounds like my company.

Thank you :oops: but that's the whole christmas thing... they sent an email about christmas party and if you're bringing a guest... I was gonna bring the other half. Then a few weeks ago they ask us for the money for that... if I knew I'd have to pay for him, there's no WAY I'd have put his name down... so I dropped out. Then the team lunch, no word about having to pay either til our team leader said 'this place should be cheap enough' and I'm like 'hang on, we have to pay?' so I said to count me out. I was starting to reconsider til this crap today. Seriously if I can't afford to go out for a meal with my fiancee, I sure as hell ain't paying to go out with these people who I can't even fucking stand :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • 81 wrote:

yup....its sort of like that around here with some of the unions. hired before a certain date and you get a great pension, hired after, not so much.

but for a holiday bonus? i'm guessing there aren't a ton of newbies. if the company can afford it for most, a few more won't break them. or make the other's a little smaller so that everyone get some.
    If I even KNEW before, it wouldn't have bothered me... but for them all to go on about it and me sitting there thinking 'are they taking the piss?' was just disgusting! I know what the company's like. Like I said, I wasn't expecting one anyway and I'm sure the one they got wasn't worth writing home about either.. but that's beside the point! :? and yeh, it really is the minority, most teams have 6 people and there's maybe one in each team who didn't get it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dcfaithful wrote:

what a bunch of douchbags!!!
    time to find a new job hon!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

dcfaithful wrote:

Sounds like my company.

Thank you :oops: but that's the whole christmas thing... they sent an email about christmas party and if you're bringing a guest... I was gonna bring the other half. Then a few weeks ago they ask us for the money for that... if I knew I'd have to pay for him, there's no WAY I'd have put his name down... so I dropped out. Then the team lunch, no word about having to pay either til our team leader said 'this place should be cheap enough' and I'm like 'hang on, we have to pay?' so I said to count me out. I was starting to reconsider til this crap today. Seriously if I can't afford to go out for a meal with my fiancee, I sure as hell ain't paying to go out with these people who I can't even fucking stand :D

At least you get the option. My work doesn't even offer our spouses/significant others to come to the holiday parties. They usually suck ass anyways and we always end up bailing way early and goign to the bar instead. They don't even offer an open bar.

Guy was telling me his previous employer booked an entire ballroom at a hotel, 4 open bars all night long, an entire floor on the hotel in case people drink too much, and offered complete coverage of cab fares home.

Now that is a company party.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 81 wrote:

If I even KNEW before, it wouldn't have bothered me... but for them all to go on about it and me sitting there thinking 'are they taking the piss?' was just disgusting! I know what the company's like. Like I said, I wasn't expecting one anyway and I'm sure the one they got wasn't worth writing home about either.. but that's beside the point! :? and yeh, it really is the minority, most teams have 6 people and there's maybe one in each team who didn't get it.
    Is their a human resources department? or the like? If so, this is unexcusable... all our new employees are aware of all compensation possibities up front... In fact this info is in the letter of employment...

I am so sorry this happened to you....
    GoiMTvP.gif
    My "christmas" bonus will be here March 15th. :|
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:

what a bunch of douchbags!!!
    time to find a new job hon!!
    I know :( I've been waiting til after the honeymoon but that's May, there's no way I can stick it out that long without things getting really bad! I'm gonna have to tell people how I feel about them before then :mrgreen: I very nearly almost did today... when I got up and stormed off, in my head I was gonna look at one of the girls and say 'it's nothing fucking to DO with you' but I went 'for fuck sake' followed by a load of gibberish which would have made no sense to anybody :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    At least you get the option. My work doesn't even offer our spouses/significant others to come to the holiday parties. They usually suck ass anyways and we always end up bailing way early and goign to the bar instead. They don't even offer an open bar.

Guy was telling me his previous employer booked an entire ballroom at a hotel, 4 open bars all night long, an entire floor on the hotel in case people drink too much, and offered complete coverage of cab fares home.

I was only gonna go for the free meal and then leave :mrgreen: but when it turned out that wasn't free, what was the point?

My last company was like that... we'd the most amazing party. They put us up in the Radisson, free food AND drink all night and for our guest. And it was in Galway so we got a weekend out of it. No christmas party will EVER compare! :) They've gone bust now though :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    dcfaithful wrote:

I was only gonna go for the free meal and then leave :mrgreen: but when it turned out that wasn't free, what was the point?

My last company was like that... we'd the most amazing party. They put us up in the Radisson, free food AND drink all night and for our guest. And it was in Galway so we got a weekend out of it. No christmas party will EVER compare! :) They've gone bust now though :(

That's shit that the meal was to be paid for, in my opinion. I'm not a cheapskate, but I think it's something that they could do for their employees as a nice gesture at least.

That's about the only reason I go to the holiday parties is for the free meal. So maybe I am a cheapskate... :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Is their a human resources department? or the like? If so, this is unexcusable... all our new employees are aware of all compensation possibities up front... In fact this info is in the letter of employment...

I am so sorry this happened to you....
    Thank you :oops: I've calmed down a good bit... came home and stuffed my face and watched it's a wonderful life followed by a long hot bath :mrgreen:

There is... but they're useless. I will definitely be making a complaint about this though. In all fairness, I'm sure my team leader feels bad for how she handled it (she is nice... but known for putting her foot in it.) and they were having a meeting about it as I left so I'm sure it's not the end of it. But I ain't letting them get away with rewarding all my hard work like this!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • 81 wrote:

Αυτός είναι αρκετά σκατένιο.

is that better?
    yep..thats correct :D
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    wow, i agree
    that is humiliating
    what a bunch of pricks

over the years my christmas bonuses have been as follows:
    frozen turkeys, frozen salmon fillets, and $20.00
    all @ different times by different bosses

that about sums it up

everyone of them are multi-millionaires
    who have worked very hard
    a frozen turkey is nice and i ate them
    frozen salmon fillets, nice, i ate them too
    the $20.00 bucks was spent on greenery or something

funny how a dude making $8.00 a hour gets abused and held down to remain small

fuck off
    that won't happen to me ever again

can you imagine having a few million dollars in the bank
    and giving out a cheap ass frozen turkey or salmon or a $20.00 spot to your employees?

i was grateful and at the same time laughing on the inside
    laughing at thier fat little greedy fingers adding figures on their calculator
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    That's shit that the meal was to be paid for, in my opinion. I'm not a cheapskate, but I think it's something that they could do for their employees as a nice gesture at least.

That's about the only reason I go to the holiday parties is for the free meal. So maybe I am a cheapskate... :lol:
    Well my meal would have been free, just not his! I would have went and paid for it if I actually liked any of the people I work with. But nope, unless you're into socialites and everything about their life, there's not much to talk about really :oops: it's pretty mind numbing! I've no doubt they feel the same about me anyway, since they all bitch about eachother as soon as one walks away from the desk!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chadwick wrote:
    wow, i agree
    that is humiliating
    what a bunch of pricks

over the years my christmas bonuses have been as follows:
    frozen turkeys, frozen salmon fillets, and $20.00
    all @ different times by different bosses

that about sums it up

everyone of them are multi-millionaires
    who have worked very hard
    a frozen turkey is nice and i ate them
    frozen salmon fillets, nice, i ate them too
    the $20.00 bucks was spent on greenery or something

funny how a dude making $8.00 a hour gets abused and held down to remain small

fuck off
    that won't happen to me ever again

can you imagine having a few million dollars in the bank
    and giving out a cheap ass frozen turkey or salmon or a $20.00 spot to your employees?

i was grateful and at the same time laughing on the inside
    laughing at thier fat little greedy fingers adding figures on their calculator
    I guess that's how they have their millions! If I got a shit bonus, it would have been something and I would have been slightly pleased. I'm sure the bonuses they DID get were shit anyway... but why give a shit bonus to some and leave others out completely? :shock: :shock: it's just mind boggling really!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    helen
    i'll tell you what i do not like
    and that is greedy people

if someone can't share and spread the wealth
    they are useless in my book

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    dcfaithful wrote:

we used to have some wild party's here.

in the summer they would rent the anita dee II and we would cruise lake michigan for 3 or 4 hours. open bar all night and a buffet dinner. this has been cancelled.

we used to have a nice christmas party. once year it was at a nice hotel, one year at a country club. open bar all night. some nice presents. one girl one a 50in flat screen. cancelled. now we have a little 2 hour thing in the basement with some raffle and contest winners being annouced. yeah.

we have one more year of a cubs outting. typically before the game, a few choosen ones get to play on the field and than hang out in a suite. the rest get to bake in teh bleachers, but it's an all you can drink affair during the game with burgers and dogs before the game. we used to have a post game buffet and open bar at one of the local bars in wrigleyville but that part was cancelled a few years back.

anyways....i still get a pay check.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    sorry to hear about your situation Helen! :o :shock: ...my last company was like that....they decided to build a new clinic and cancel the summer picnic one year. A bunch of us wanted to still get together and have lunch and chit-chat since we never get the chance to outside of work very often. I asked my manager if those employees that wanted to host a picnic, if we could pitch in, pay for the rental at the park (it was like $35), and host a potluck...all on our own free will. She freaked out and said 'NO!" and then said, 'anybody participating in any picnic/company get together will be fired!' ummm...ok, what a way to build team morale.... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Not to highjack the thread, but I'm curious, if you do get a Xmas bonus, what would it be?

I got $120 cash this year, and that's pretty much the same every year.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Two years without a raise OR a bonus...and to top it off, I do the payroll so I get so see everyone else get their raises and bonuses.... :evil: Its not that we're greedy..its just not fair. :(
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    4and20 wrote:
    sorry to hear about your situation Helen! :o :shock: ...my last company was like that....they decided to build a new clinic and cancel the summer picnic one year. A bunch of us wanted to still get together and have lunch and chit-chat since we never get the chance to outside of work very often. I asked my manager if those employees that wanted to host a picnic, if we could pitch in, pay for the rental at the park (it was like $35), and host a potluck...all on our own free will. She freaked out and said 'NO!" and then said, 'anybody participating in any picnic/company get together will be fired!' ummm...ok, what a way to build team morale.... :?
    that is bullshit
    how can your boss (or one of) tell you that co-worker friends can not get together for a picnic?
    i did not know this was north korea or china

that broad should be kicked square in the nuts
    grumpy old bitch

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    loadedgun wrote:
    Not to highjack the thread, but I'm curious, if you do get a Xmas bonus, what would it be?

Mine was $900 last year after taxes.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

Mine was $900 last year after taxes.
    how does someone get a $900.00 bonus?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce