XMAS - What'd ya get 'em?

124»

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    81 wrote:
    Savannah.

I live not even 45 minutes from Savannah. If you've never been, East River Street is great at night, you can drink in the street, go to Wet Willie's and order a Call A Cab, it's s smoothie type alcoholic beverage. After you are nice and toasted head to Savannah Smiles (Piano Bar) They have two pianos that duel and do song requests. I was broke the night I went so I didn't make any requests, I doubt they knew many / any PJ songs that weren't over commercialized. They played songs like Piano Man, Sweet Home Alabama, Gin and Juice, etc.

As for the what I got for my wife:

10c hoodie
    PJ Reaper t shirt
    St. Christopher keychain
    Ev 2008 tour lighter
    Liar's Dice set (we play it on Red Dead Redemption, I've played it for real year ago and love it.)
    Power Yahtzee
    Satin Pajamas
    An alarm clock that plays soothing music instead of an annoying beep
    Cherry Blossom lotions and mist (she asked for it, for those cynics that say it's cliche and I don't know her)
    A route 66 ashtray and dream wish box (that I forgot I bought 3 years ago in Arizona on a road trip we took)
    And a large silk veil (that I ordered the first of this month online and haven't received yet)
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    This was a hard year for shopping. I usually get one big gift, then supplement with some smaller cool stuff. So far I have

PS3 Pro-guitar for RB
    Nice thin 12mp camera (good for shows)
    Widespread Panic Lot shirt
    Laptop cooling pad
    Wireless headphones
    PJ bottoms
    Socks (always have to get socks)
    Long underwear (he works in a rink)
    Small speakers for the MP3 player he has

Looking for a 16-32 gig Sansa Mp3 player...On our way to the big mall shortly. usually I'm done by now, and the mall trip is for him and I usually just wander around and get angry that I'm out with all the crowds when I could be at home doing something fun. this year I'm still filling the stocking and trying to find another cool gifts. Stinks.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Savannah.

I live not even 45 minutes from Savannah. If you've never been, East River Street is great at night, you can drink in the street, go to Wet Willie's and order a Call A Cab, it's s smoothie type alcoholic beverage. After you are nice and toasted head to Savannah Smiles (Piano Bar) They have two pianos that duel and do song requests. I was broke the night I went so I didn't make any requests, I doubt they knew many / any PJ songs that weren't over commercialized. They played songs like Piano Man, Sweet Home Alabama, Gin and Juice, etc.

hey, hey. so far only thing planned is dinner at local 11 ten
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Another great place to eat is Baldinos, one of the best subs I've ever had. There used to be a minigolf place but it closed down. I'll have to ask my wife what else there is to do in Savannah as I've only been there a couple times.