Options

Ok, admit it...what songs do nothing for you...

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Evacuation
    Get Right
    Save You
    Leatherman
    You Are
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    can't keep - boring as hell. doesn't really go anywhere.

thumbing my way - same as above (you aren't bob dylan ed. quit trying.)

love boat captain - i NEVER want to hear this song again. in any form. ever.

wishlist - i've made my feelings of this song known for quite some time. what a load of shit.

leatherman - liked it the first time i heard it. but now i think it's another huge miss by ed.

betterman - heard this tooooooo many times.

come back - horrible music. just horrible.

big wave - i HATE when people say "oh but it's such a FUN song". with a chorus that goes "got me a big wave got me a big wave got me a big wave" how can anyone think this is good? i wonder if the other guys in the band heard those lyrics and couldn't believe it.

dirty frank - give me a fucking break. anyone that claims to really like this song is a fool. another lame excuse song "it's so funky and fun!!" please.

i've gotten over my hatred of daughter, betterman (even though i list it), elderly woman and other songs that i hear all the time by not listening to them. ever. now i can stomach them again.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    army reserve is definitely one. Just to blatant of a point and the references to his daughter are too much
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    This thread does nothing for me.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    sleight of hand - boring, it juts goes nowhere

im gonna take heat for this but off he goes is sooooo long and boring.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    hobbes wrote:
    wow. I've heard it all now.

IMO Come Back is a top 15 PJ song
  • Options
    it sounds like a john mayer song. (come back that is)
  • Options
    Why dont you all just start "What I hate most about pearl jam" thread.
    Give me a fuckin' break. I dont understand some of you fuck-tards on here.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Betterman
    Nothingman
    Wishlist
    Small Town
    Thumbing My Way
    Come Back
    Unemployable
    Big Wave
    Inside Job
    Help Help
    Evacuation
    Lowlight
    I'm Open
    Breakerfall
    Sleight of Hand
    Can't Keep
    Arc

and that's my definitive list of album songs that I don't like and never listen to.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    1. 'Nothing as it seems' does 'nothing' for me and just 'seems' to go nowhere. It never really builds to anything.

2. 'Evacuation' is just God-awful. How many times can you just say the same word with different inflections in ONE song? E-vac-U-ation! EVAC-u-Ation! evac-u-ATION! EVACUATION! Just go already!!!

3. 'Don't gimme no lip'...seriously, don't!

4. 'Dead man' is another song that just goes nowhere fast. although, I will say the version on 'Benaroya' is tolerable.

bugs for me
    rival
    big wave
    danny d
  • Options
    Big Ed wrote:

If you don't appreciate the thread, then why do you keep popping onto it?

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just want to know.

If you don't like what's on tv, do you just sit there cursing at your tv, or do you change the channel?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    hobbes wrote:
    can't keep - boring as hell. doesn't really go anywhere.

thumbing my way - same as above (you aren't bob dylan ed. quit trying.)

love boat captain - i NEVER want to hear this song again. in any form. ever.

wishlist - i've made my feelings of this song known for quite some time. what a load of shit.

leatherman - liked it the first time i heard it. but now i think it's another huge miss by ed.

betterman - heard this tooooooo many times.

big wave - i HATE when people say "oh but it's such a FUN song". with a chorus that goes "got me a big wave got me a big wave got me a big wave" how can anyone think this is good? i wonder if the other guys in the band heard those lyrics and couldn't believe it.

dirty frank - give me a fucking break. anyone that claims to really like this song is a fool. another lame excuse song "it's so funky and fun!!" please.

i've gotten over my hatred of daughter, betterman (even though i list it), elderly woman and other songs that i hear all the time by not listening to them. ever. now i can stomach them again.

Ha ... if I had to list my top 25 pearl jam songs, like five of these songs would be in them.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. It's just served to piss me off :)

I will say that a lot of people (maybe not you personally) don't even seem to be listening to the words to the songs. If it doesn't have a good beat, and you can't dance to it, or it doesn't have a meaty hook or poppy chorus, you guys can't get into it. (or maybe, if it DOES have a poppy chorus, you can't get into it).

But, fuck, I never liked this band as much for the music as for Ed's poetry. And there is a whole lot of phenomenal poetry being bashed on this thread ... I for one will not tolerate it! :)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Big Ed wrote:

yes. fuck-tards. because THAT really stimulates conversation.

what i consider fuck-tards are people who think this band can do no wrong and eat up what would be considered shit if done by any other band out there. are you a fuck-tard?
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:
    it sounds like a john mayer song. (come back that is)

John Mayer would sell his soul to the devil to write a song like Come Back- the music and the words are better than anything PJ has put out since Yield
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:

I hate Off He Goes. Such a boring song. It also doesn't need to last nearly as long as it does.

I hate Thumbing My Way.

I know ... if you can't headbang to it, it sucks!!!!!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I must say I'm extremely surprised by what songs people don't like. MFC? That's a great song!!! ;)
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    it amazes me that one of the best written songs has a couple mentions on here (Come Back), but a song with no official lyrics has none (Ledbetter)
  • Options
    I would definitely put Come Back in my top 25.
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    thumbing my way is such a well written song. one of my top five favorites.

least favorites: green disease, daughter, comatose
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    John Mayer would sell his soul to the devil to write a song like Come Back- the music and the words are better than anything PJ has put out since Yield

are you kidding? the music to that song is horrible. a terrible mid-tempo bland fest. it doesn't go anywhere. nothing interesting at all happens in that song.

maybe i'm just not old enough to think it's good. still got some hearing left.
  • Options
    I apologze to Hobbs & vedderoff dead for my rude outburst. It was uncalled for and childish, but some of this stuff is hard to believe. It seems like some of you must be kidding.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    yeah come back is truly the first song that does not sound like pearl jam at all.... and not in a good way
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I know ... if you can't headbang to it, it sucks!!!!!

Not true at all. I love Sometimes, Low Light, Small Town, Long Road, Throw Your Arms Around Me, among others. Those are all certainly not headbangers.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Ledbetter is just a orphaned guitar riff with Ed mumbling over it. There is a reason it was never on a album- because the band wasn't proud of it. I'm not saying it's one of the worst songs they have put out, but it should get mentions before some that I see on here frequently (Betterman, Come Back, even Wishlist)
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    hobbes wrote:
    nothing interesting at all happens in that song.

I find the solo quite interesting.
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:

i don't think the devil would take it for such a sub-par song.
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Throw Your Arms Around Me.
    not a PJ song
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:
    are you kidding? the music to that song is horrible. a terrible mid-tempo bland fest. it doesn't go anywhere. nothing interesting at all happens in that song.

maybe i'm just not old enough to think it's good. still got some hearing left.

Ah .... Ed is amazing in that song. Especially the last half. And Mike's little solo there gives me goosebumps every.fucking.time. I've never really lost a close relative before, but I'm sure when that day comes, I'll never be able to listen to Come Back again. The song will just be too real and too painful at that point.

I'm sorry you don't like it or get it, and can't headbang to it because it's too mid-tempo, but there's no need to bash those of us who do.
  • Options
    I find the solo quite interesting.

i'm not saying other people don't love the song. but i can't stand it.
  • Options
    thumbing my way is such a well written song. one of my top five favorites.

least favorites: green disease, daughter, comatose

oh man comatose is awesome!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}