Options

Got my 'roo cd in the mail today...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Just got the cd as well....and yeah, he sounds really ....can't quite put my finger on it.....maybe "separated"?. I am glad we got boots back, but damn someone dropped the ball. I hope Hartford sounds more cohesive. Definitely only getting mp3's for the the others I order. Sounds tolerable on the computer speakers, but in the car (Alpine/JL) it sounds errmmm unbalanced.
    'separated' is a perfect word to describe it. And It almost seems that his mic is 'directional'. It's like if he moves to either side, his voice just disappears. Was he bouncing around that much at the show? There are some songs where half a line just disappears.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    'separated' is a perfect word to describe it. And It almost seems that his mic is 'directional'. It's like if he moves to either side, his voice just disappears. Was he bouncing around that much at the show? There are some songs where half a line just disappears.
    yes that's is what it sounds like! My computer speakers aren't crap either but it does sound better on lower quality speakers. Listen to them on VH1 video clip...that is a good "bootleg" mix.

Again I really appreciate the opportunity to buy these boots..but so far, it sounds like someone didn't know what they were doing ....or deaf
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    I got Columbia, Bonnaroo and VA Beach today.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    missblackmissblack Posts: 15
    What bootleg did you buy in Ventura?
    It's called Chapters and I was stoked because there are close to 40 songs~2 cd's and there were a couple of covers that I hadn't heard. Salzer's is cool because they will open any cd and let you listen to it before you buy it which I did but I guess I didn't listen long enough to the few chosen songs because I never heard the clicking! It was only $20 so it's not that bad. Plus, I knew it was an unofficial boot and the recording would be a bit crappy.
  • Options
    missblack wrote:
    It's called Chapters and I was stoked because there are close to 40 songs~2 cd's and there were a couple of covers that I hadn't heard. Salzer's is cool because they will open any cd and let you listen to it before you buy it which I did but I guess I didn't listen long enough to the few chosen songs because I never heard the clicking! It was only $20 so it's not that bad. Plus, I knew it was an unofficial boot and the recording would be a bit crappy.

Any idea what shows they're taken from?

I may be able to help you out is all.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)