Options

Project #5 - The Songs of The Who

Comments

• Options
    myra wrote:
    Version 2??
    Is there a need?
    Any lingering SQ issues that need to be fixed?
    Anything else we can add?
    Did Eddie cover any Who songs during his solo tours in '08 & '09?

If we answer 'no' to most or all of these questions, then is this project ready for release?

-> no
    -> no
    -> no
    -> I have no clue ----> where are the boots' ??! :x :(

Add to this :
    -> headphone test : checked
    -> speakers test : checked
    -> in-car test : checked
    -> in-office test : checked ..... :? 8-)

I reckon it's ready for release, then :D
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The check list is great.

Let's hold off a day in hopes of adding a killer version of "I'm One" by Ed. If we can find it, I will add it to the mix and send a version 2.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257

Let's hold off a day in hopes of adding a killer version of "I'm One" by Ed. If we can find it, I will add it to the mix and send a version 2.

Yeah, that'd be great. And it would also adress the "it's a bit short" issue. Besides the '94 Carnegie Hall, I have no Ed solo show. And no idea where to find any. :(
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Yeah, that'd be great. And it would also adress the "it's a bit short" issue. Besides the '94 Carnegie Hall, I have no Ed solo show. And no idea where to find any. :(

The hunt for "I'm One" (Eddie Solo) is on :twisted:
  • Options
    myra wrote:

The hunt for "I'm One" (Eddie Solo) is on :twisted:

"I'm One" has been located and will be added to our compilation. Version 2 to be sent out later tonight or tomorrow.
  • Options
    Version 2 looking like this:

"Pearl Jam: The Kids Are Alright: The Songs of The Who" - Version 2

Track List:

Leaving Here - Columbia, Maryland (9/4/00)
    I Can't Explain - San Diego, California (11/7/95)
    My Generation - New York City, New York (2/24/94)
    The Kids Are Alright - Sacramento, California (10/30/00)
    A Quick One, While He’s Away - Torino, Italy (9/19/06)
    The Seeker - St. Louis, Missouri (10/5/04)
    Let's See Action - The Birdman Sessions - Miami, Florida (Spring 2000)
    Baba O'Riley - George, Washington (9/1/05)
    Naked Eye - New York City, New York (2/24/94)
    I'm One - Chicago, Illinois (8/22/08)
    Love Reign O'er Me - Mansfield, Massachusetts (6/28/08)
    The Real Me - Seattle, Washington (9/22/09)
    Squeeze Box - New York City, New York (2/24/94)
    Blue, Red and Grey - San Diego, California (6/5/03)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    how you can use any version but love reign o'er me from the who rock honors is beyond me

but

to each is their own

also i would put baba last but midset is what the who do sometimes at concerts, so that not to bad

other then those 2 things it's a good compilation
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Brilliant mix folks!

Can't wait!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    metsfan wrote:
    how you can use any version but love reign o'er me from the who rock honors is beyond me

but

to each is their own

also i would put baba last but midset is what the who do sometimes at concerts, so that not to bad

Yeah baba would be good last. The track sequence has come from the order in which the Who released the tracks, which makes some sense. Personally I wouldn't be averse to taking baba out of that sequence and adding it to the end to finish like a good ole PJ show!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

but

to each is their own

Yeah baba would be good last. The track sequence has come from the order in which the Who released the tracks, which makes some sense. Personally I wouldn't be averse to taking baba out of that sequence and adding it to the end to finish like a good ole PJ show!

Believe it or not, I am not a huge fan of the Rock Honors version of "love reign o'er me", sorry :cry: I know that a lot of people will disagree with me on that and that's cool. I also believe that the Rock Honors version would not fit well into our compilation because it is too polished.

Baba actually sounds real good midset. At first when we arranged the track listing, I didn't think that it was going to fly (As PJ fans we are all use to it at the end), but it sounds great in the middle and I think that a lot of people will appreciate it there.
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    Brilliant mix folks!

Can't wait!

Thanks for the "I'm One" call. The compilation is much improved because of it. We may let the train leave the station later today or early tomorrow. :lol:
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Baba actually sounds real good midset. At first when we arranged the track listing, I didn't think that it was going to fly (As PJ fans we are all use to it at the end), but it sounds great in the middle and I think that a lot of people will appreciate it there.

I actually like Baba where it is right now, I was more disturbed at first by Leavin' here being at the beginning. Let's face it anyway : most of those songs would be expected at the end of a PJ show ... the whole compilation feels like a 2nd encore ! However, I feel Blue, red and grey would not fit elsewhere but at the end of the track list.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I actually like Baba where it is right now, I was more disturbed at first by Leavin' here being at the beginning. Let's face it anyway : most of those songs would be expected at the end of a PJ show ... the whole compilation feels like a 2nd encore ! However, I feel Blue, red and grey would not fit elsewhere but at the end of the track list.

Yeah I listened through to Version 2 today, and I enjoyed it immensely, with the tracks where they are, and with the addition of I'm One. Overall I think it is first class, and more than ready to share

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Yeah I listened through to Version 2 today, and I enjoyed it immensely, with the tracks where they are, and with the addition of I'm One. Overall I think it is first class, and more than ready to share

Excellent. Unless if I hear any objections or calls to "stop the train" :D , then it will be released tomorrow morning east coast time (approx. between 8:45am-9:00am). I will post a link on this thread, and Tremors you will update the other one. A big "Thank You" to everyone who offered suggestions. This has been my favorite project so far. (Theory is a close second) :D
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Excellent. Unless if I hear any objections or calls to "stop the train" :D , then it will be released tomorrow morning east coast time (approx. between 8:45am-9:00am). I will post a link on this thread, and Tremors you will update the other one. A big "Thank You" to everyone who offered suggestions. This has been my favorite project so far. (Theory is a close second) :D

I can totally hear Version 2 scream "Release me (tomorrow) !" now 8-)
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I can totally hear Version 2 scream "Release me (tomorrow) !" now 8-)
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

No objections!! I will do my bit and update the other thread. Sounding great. Thanks!

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    A big "Thank You" to everyone who offered suggestions. This has been my favorite project so far. (Theory is a close second) :D
    Thank you (Myra, Cameron4President and Tremors for putting together such a nice project and also letting us all participate! I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed "the ride" and of course for putting my suggestion (Love Reign O'er Me) in the track list! :D Very nice job! :thumbup: Congratulations! :clap: :wave:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pearl Jam: The Kids Are Alright: The Songs of The Who

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... f-who.html
  • Options
    Pearl Jam: The Kids Are Alright: The Songs of The Who

Most excellent! Well done! Thanks. I will update the overall thread properly later once back on my laptop. Has been fun.

Enjoy it people!

• Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I love the love reign o'er me from Philly last year! :D

MSG 1 '10 pretty damn good version as well

Both are great, and are definitely worthy of consideration. Thanks.

Holy SHIT - my son and I can't wait for this melding of the two greatest bands EVER!

I might consider The Real Me or Love Reign O'er Me from night 1 Chicago 2009...in a word, incredible.
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    Holy SHIT - my son and I can't wait for this melding of the two greatest bands EVER!

I might consider The Real Me or Love Reign O'er Me from night 1 Chicago 2009...in a word, incredible.

I Hope that the both of you enjoy it. :D
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    VNice. Thanks for putting this together. My dad loves The Who as they helped define his generation yet has never really shown any interest it tapping into PJ's music. I'm gonna burn him a copy of this and look forward to hearing what he thinks about their treatment of The Who's music. Hope you have a good weekend.
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    VNice. Thanks for putting this together. My dad loves The Who as they helped define his generation yet has never really shown any interest it tapping into PJ's music. I'm gonna burn him a copy of this and look forward to hearing what he thinks about their treatment of The Who's music. Hope you have a good weekend.

I am actually going to do the same for my Dad. He is a huge Who fan and the one that has made me a huge Who fan. I hope that you and your Dad enjoy the compilation.
  • Options
    Thread for all of our projects:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143822
  • Options
    The Kids Are Alright: The Songs of The Who

TKAACover.jpg

(Keeping things short and snappy - just like the Who - This 14 song collection takes us on a tour of Who 'covers', sequenced in the order in which songs were written (Who said rock and roll can't be educational?). Another favourite of ours.... the sound quality is high, the performances are tight, the mood is good. This is a little different from some of the other PJ Who compilations floating around out there - we didn't want to duplicate those, and tried to come up with something a bit special, drawing on the help and suggestions from the message board. These versions feature no musicians other than the members of Pearl Jam. Another rocking slice of of music to download in time for Xmas!! Enjoy!)
  • Options
    There's a lot of Who been played by Pearl Jam over the years, and a lot that's had an influence. Listening today it was the intensity of the lyrics that hit me as much as anything. Good stuff!!

• Options
    Dirty BubbaDirty Bubba Boston Posts: 32
    Awesome Job!! Thanks for the early Christmas present!!!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap wrote:

Glad you like it guys!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Pap wrote:

Glad you like it guys!
    Ditto Here, I am glad that you are enjoying. Thanks..